Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Caesum ist offline

Removing collision from texture

Haven't been using Spacer/Gothic for more than 3 years. Now coming back to the editor and finding myself puzzled once more about some things that I simply cannot make work now.

In the project I'm a part of 2D Artists have added new leaves texture for a new tree. All is fine except the leaves have collisions per default since the texture is not set up correctly yet.

Because of that I decided to update matlib with new textures. Added all new textures to new filter and set noCollDet to TRUE. It works well in Spacer, the texture does not have collision anymore. Unfortunately, only in the editor.

Whenever I try to run my world in the game itself (as in Gothic.exe/Gothicmod.exe), the texture still has collisions. I have no idea why. Compiled world and light of the ZEN I'm using. Deleted old textures from _compiled folder and let Gothic create new ones. Even deleted meshes from _compiled folder and let Gothic create new ones as well. Nothing. The texture still has collision.

Can someone remind me what are the steps to make MATLIB work okay within the game, not only the editor?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist offline
    My first guess is that the game is still using the old .zen and not the newly compiled .zen. Similarly, if the tree is a vob, I guess that the game is using the old .mrm instead of the new one.

Try to make some obvious changes to the world / tree to ensure that the game really is using the updated files.

Old files might still be in Gothic II\data\<filename>.vdf or in subdirectories of Gothic II\_work\data.

In principle, problems could also arise if the same material (name) appears twice in the matlib files. But if it works in the spacer, then it should also work in the game.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Caesum ist offline
    I am quite puzzled, but it seems the problem has solved by itself. I think it may be because I have deleted the entire _compiled folder from both Meshes and Textures and then run the game again. Now my leaves textures don't have any collision at all, which is exactly what I wanted. I am not sure why it worked just now, but hey, glad it did at all. Thank you for your help!

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Caesum ist offline
    I have just one more question regarding the textures setup/matlib. It seems I have to remove both compiled meshes and compiled textures and then run the world through Spacer in order to get collisions right. If I do that through Gothic.exe, the textures are compiled okay, but without using MATLIB settings. So in other words, textures are correctly set up according to MATLIB only when I compile textures/meshes through Spacer, not through the game itself.

Is there a reason why Gothic.exe doesn't use MATLIB when converting files and is there a faster way to convert all files? Maybe through some command line for Spacer?