Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 15 von 21 « Erste ... 48111213141516171819 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 281 bis 300 von 403
    Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    Ralf, are there any plans at all for a PS3 version?
    TheDoctor ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    Ralf, are there any plans at all for a PS3 version?
    Zitat Zitat von Ralf Beitrag anzeigen
    Leider keine PS3 Portierung. Aber: Auch ich habe keine X-Box und werde mir nur die PC Version zulegen können...
    Rough traslation:
    "No PS3 port. But: I also don't have a Xbox and I will only be able to get the PC version. "

Sorry.
    Powaz ist offline

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Rough traslation:
    "No PS3 port. But: I also don't have a Xbox and I will only be able to get the PC version. "

Sorry.
    I'm sorry for posting here instead of answering you in the other thread, but this is bad news for me. I don't wanna spend that much money on getting a new computer to play Risen.. bah, we'll see what happens.
    TheDoctor ist offline

Well maybe DS will pay some other dudes for PS3 port in future. Who knows. Well I wish you the best luck.

Have you guys got a final name for the muckmonster or will it stay the way it is (hope not)?
    Powaz ist offline

Warrior
    No, The PC version is developed here in Essen by PB. With the platform porting we are working very closely with an very nice and able team.
    So you (THE Piranha Bytes) are making the definitive PC version, which is being ported by some console oriented team to the Box? This is terrific news! And the screenshots look amazing!

Will there be significant difference between the combat and general control of the PC and Box version, or both audiences get the same?
    rotator ist offline Geändert von rotator (10.12.2008 um 19:02 Uhr)

Ranger Avatar von bat_boro
    Ralf, is the PC version still coming before the console one?
    Last time you implied something about the PC version coming in early 2009
    is it still the same?
    Look at me still talking
    when there’s science to do
    When I look out there
    It makes me glad I’m not you
    I’ve experiments to run
    There is research to be done
    On the people who are
    still alive
    bat_boro ist offline

Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    In gothic 3 we asked will there be big cities like Khorinis.
    Yes , atleast one is considerably bigger you replied.
    Well Bakaresh was probably bigger, meaning big empty temples and a little camp on it's feet,
    and Vengard with it's castle, but the rest are orc occupied ruins. Mora Sul was the most lively one, but far from as complex as Khorinis.
    On Risen you've said earlier there will be several big cities.

By that you mean big (squaresize) and empty cities like in G3, Bakaresh for example?
    Or do you mean lively cities full of things to do and interesting people like Khorinis?

I will be disspointed if I get the first one. I really hope this game will be the #1 rpg game for a long time to come (until Risen 2).

Did you choose the game name as a parallel to PB? Meaning the name Risen represents how you hope PB to rise in fame, if the game is a succes?
    RobinHood 13. ist offline Geändert von RobinHood 13. (14.12.2008 um 16:39 Uhr)

Knight
    Hello Ralf!

I was wondering, is there any chance that in Risen (or R2), it would be possible to have an conversation with several difrent npc's at once? In all Gothics, for that,you had to actually finish talking with one npc, and only then to other, and even then, it seems like those two are not together.

I mean something like you have lester, hero and diego, and you all talk about something. And then for example, diego asks you how was a day, and you reply something like 'yeah it was a realy hard day, i had lots ofthings to do', and then third npc, lester, reacts to what you both told and replies 'Yeah, tell me about it, i had a bussy day myself'.
    Anyway, point would be that you and all npc would be active in conversation, listenting to one another and replying to that. I think that would bring a bit more realism to NPC's, when you talk with them.
    Because in RL, you don't always talk with only 1 person, but sometimes with multiple persons at once.
    Maybe one thing idea for that would be, when you have group of people, if each has special dialog options, you could maybe use mouse wheel to switch between difrent npc's you want to adress atm.
    Well, it's just an idea anyhow.

Second thing is, can we expect that some textures will be of higher resolution on PC version then on xbox (since it has some memory limitation)? And is there any other difrence between those 2?
    Zocky ist offline

Knight Avatar von TeLovesc
    If what i`ve read is true ,then all the suggestions now are kinda useless since PB are entering the polishing and debugging stage.
    TeLovesc ist offline

Knight
    We can always put suggestion for Risen 2 if nothing else
    Zocky ist offline

Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Is Risen coming to Steam?

www.steampowered.com
    SlamDunk ist offline

Ralf sorry to ask you again about the demo , but do you have any idea about how long before the game itself we will be able to play the demo version?
    TeLovesc ist offline

Rookie
    Ere I get to my inquiries I wanted to express both my adoration of your (PB's) work and my astonishment at this series of threads. As a long-time fan of the Gothic series (having followed the games since the franchise inception) I'm blown away at the steps you've taken to foster a loyal community. That is to say, I admire the fact that certain members of the dev team (Ralf, in particular) are taking some of the precious time from their days to answer our (at times, monotonous) questions. Thanks!

Now, as to actual queries...
    I read through the first three "Bug-Me" threads, however, I then skipped to these last few pages in hopes that no one else would have inquired after what interests me most. I apologize if that turns out to be a mistaken notion.

1) What software, if any, does the team use for proofing game-world concepts? For instance, setting up the layout of a potential town? I've read about certain groups (Massive Black Entertainment and the guys who worked on Resistance: Fall of Man) using Google's SketchUp for roughing an environment, but am curious what a RPG dev-team uses. Just good ol' fashioned pencil and paper?

2) Havok or AGEIA? Why? I've seen a decided trend in most AAA titles of late towards Havok and wondered what your thoughts are.

3) I checked your site, Ralf, and was fascinated by the drafts you compiled when working on the Risen logo. Did you design the type/fonts yourself or are they licensed?

4) This may have been asked, but is there any chance of a modding toolkit being released? As I understood, a true toolkit for G3 wasn't distributed due to some possible software copyright/infringement issues, correct?

Postscript:
    My apologies for not using the red-color for my questions, as seems to be the accepted norm, but it pains my eyes.
    themadhatter ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von themadhatter Beitrag anzeigen
    1) What software, if any, does the team use for proofing game-world concepts? For instance, setting up the layout of a potential town?
    P&P, Photoshop or even 3DS. Depends on what is needed and at what stage.

2) Havok or AGEIA? Why?
    Nvidia/Ageia. For the simple reason that we already have experience with their system whereas Havoc would be entirely new for us. For the same reason we are for example using MS Visual Studio. Not because it is fastest or generates the very best code there is but because our programmers have lots of experience with it (including working with its glitches).

when working on the Risen logo. Did you design the type/fonts yourself or are
    they licensed?
    Original artwork. No licensed material there.

4) This may have been asked, but is there any chance of a modding toolkit being released?
    Yes. Do not ask for a guarantee or a definite date, though.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Rookie
    Wow, thanks so very much, Michael, I appreciate the prompt response!
    themadhatter ist offline

Ritter Avatar von emperorzorn
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    Will there be significant difference between the combat and general control of the PC and Box version, or both audiences get the same?
    Funny that you ask this question.

A few days ago I was writing several lines about how the Oblivion menu system
    sucked on the PC, because it was developed with gamepads in mind.
    There was a lot of negative feedback on this part of the overall well received
    Bethesda game.

A little time after I brought up that debate,
    a Piranha answered this in the german Q&A:

Zitat Zitat von AndreT
    Wir haben heute erst eine kleine redesign Phase begonnen, um die Steuerung im Interface für beide Plattformen zu optimieren.
    Zitat Zitat von translation
    Just today we began with a small redesign phase,
    in order to optimize the controls in the interface for both platforms.

So the good news for you (and me) is that the Piranhas are actually
    attempting to create the most fitting control schemes for both
    platforms instead of just tossing out an unpolished 1:1 port.

Hooray !
    emperorzorn ist offline

Regarding the combat system ,will there be any visual changes when you get to a higher level ? Like in Gothic 2 ,when character was holding the sword in different positions ,depending on skill?
    TeLovesc ist offline

So, about swiming. The hero is not able to swim or when he tries to something happens?
    Powaz ist offline

Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von emperorzorn Beitrag anzeigen
    So the good news for you (and me) is that the Piranhas are actually
    attempting to create the most fitting control schemes for both
    platforms instead of just tossing out an unpolished 1:1 port.
    Thanks for the info, however I still have some doubts. As far as I know initially the game was built as a PC game in mind, so unless they are redesigning only the console port, there's a chance for the PC version to suffer. For some reason I read the opposite from the cited text (maybe because it's out of context): optimising for both machines could mean it's a blend, which works on both systems. Hopefully I'm plain wrong here.

How much creative control Deep Silver has on the game? Besides the marketing, of course. Can they say "put that in, because that fits console gaming"?
    rotator ist offline

Ritter Avatar von [>Silverback<]
    Zitat Zitat von TeLovesc Beitrag anzeigen
    Regarding the combat system ,will there be any visual changes when you get to a higher level ? Like in Gothic 2 ,when character was holding the sword in different positions ,depending on skill?
    Thank God... Yup!

Zitat Zitat von erzmaster Beitrag anzeigen
    Gameplay

[...]
    - The fighting moves will be classified to one's skill-level which means the more experience one has, the nicer the fighting moves are (reffering to Gothic 1 and 2)
    [...]
    Original source:

[...] Die Kampfstiele sind nach Skill-Level gegliedert. D.h. je mehr Erfahrungspunkte Du hast, um so eleganter wird Dein Kampfstil aussehen. Ein wenig Akrobatik ist drin [...]
    - Macht's gut und danke für den Fisch. -
    ~ Phynkchen alias [>Silverback<] ~

Seite 15 von 21 « Erste ... 48111213141516171819 ... Letzte »