Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 4 von 4 « Erste 1234
Ergebnis 61 bis 73 von 73
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    Which would more or less destroy the story. If Risen is set only a while after G3, and Risen 2 set 10 years after Risen, how do they explain the guns and the armour design? For Risen, they could say Faranga had no gunpowder and couldn't produce any either, so everyone went back to bows and crossbows. Especially because the armour clearly looked like it wasn't medieval. But G3 was the damn mainland, and the armour did look rather medieval. So who developed so many guns in a decade? Or even the armour seen in Risen?
    Easy: The world we know in Gothic consists of The Mainland, The Southern Islands, The Eastern Archipelago and Khorinis. Could it be thet Risen is set on a completely new continent, unknown to Myrtana? And it would make sense, since the god's active presence in myrtana made the people there more developed in the field of magic, while Innos' letting only a Holy Flame in the new world left them with less magic and more desire to study technology.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    I don't like the idea of Risen continuing Gothic story, it doesn't make sense that Adanos would want to banish Gods from influencing the world, but would do nothing about the Titans, what would be the point? There is no way that oldest of Gods would not know about Titans especially since Titans were banished by Gods according to Risen lore.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Wasn't the Holy Flame on Faranga a result of the Fire Titan's presence beneath it? I distinctly remember that the Flame protected the island from the Titans, and after marching into the volcano, you find that there was a Titan trapped down there which kept the other Titans away. In fact, I think Mendoza said that the Titan was what kept the Flame burning.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

4. Beiträge anzeigen #64
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kraszu Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't like the idea of Risen continuing Gothic story, it doesn't make sense that Adanos would want to banish Gods from influencing the world, but would do nothing about the Titans, what would be the point? There is no way that oldest of Gods would not know about Titans especially since Titans were banished by Gods according to Risen lore.
    Innos was the oldest, Adanos was the youngest.

Wasn't the Holy Flame on Faranga a result of the Fire Titan's presence beneath it? I distinctly remember that the Flame protected the island from the Titans, and after marching into the volcano, you find that there was a Titan trapped down there which kept the other Titans away. In fact, I think Mendoza said that the Titan was what kept the Flame burning.
    As far as I understood, the holy flame was a device to neutralize the power of titans, and it was one of the things that kept the fire titan in there and the others at bay.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i think nisarg is right

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Well, dunno, Risen 1wasn't too good with lore.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Innos was the oldest, Adanos was the youngest.
    My bad then, still it doesn't make sense for a God to not know about Titans, and the problem stands.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #68
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kraszu Beitrag anzeigen
    My bad then, still it doesn't make sense for a God to not know about Titans, and the problem stands.
    Especially because the Gods were the ones who got the Titans banned in the first place.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69
    Knight Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    "Gothic Awaken" would be a great name for another Gothic made by Piranhas. Just wait for another 5 years... After Risen 2, I suppose they could make a Risen 3, but than... there is nothing as good as returning to the first love

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Imagine Gothic without having an animation to drink potions, or without swimming or free climbing. Probably what it will be if Risen 2 succeeds and PB return to Gothic.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71
    Ranger Avatar von wolfgm

wolfgm ist offline
    I think that idea of merging Gothic and Risen universe is bad, and personally I dont like RPG game with guns etc. In G2 there were cannons on Esmeralda and one more on the way between town and Xardas tower but they were unusable. So, call me puritan but if you have sword and magic, don't insert anykind of fire weapon or if you have guns and cold weapon don't insert magic.
    WE ARE LEGION!!!!!!!

12. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #72
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von wolfgm Beitrag anzeigen
    I think that idea of merging Gothic and Risen universe is bad, and personally I dont like RPG game with guns etc. In G2 there were cannons on Esmeralda and one more on the way between town and Xardas tower but they were unusable. So, call me puritan but if you have sword and magic, don't insert anykind of fire weapon or if you have guns and cold weapon don't insert magic.
    Or, in case of Risen 2: Swords, Guns, and Voodoo.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73
    Knight Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    Imagine Gothic without having an animation to drink potions, or without swimming or free climbing. Probably what it will be if Risen 2 succeeds and PB return to Gothic.
    You have a good point, I'm affraid, my friend. If it would be so, better they will never made another Gothic.

Seite 4 von 4 « Erste 1234