Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 117
  1. #1 Zitieren
    banned
    Share with us the game you're struggling to finish right now and say a few words about it, if possible accompanied by a pic.

I'm playing Gothic 3 right now, currently in the Mora Sul city of Varant. Third time I play this game. It's not as replayable as the previous Gothics, but it still has its charm.

[Bild: 76644317417_Gothic_3_Enhanced_Edition_RETAIL_DVD_ISO.jpg]
    Assassin of Kings ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    Gothic 3 still has some of the best landscape eye-candy in a video game, even for today's standards.
    Aetherian ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Knight
    Was have nostalgia for Advent Rising, so i played that again. Still love it! :P

I may post some pics later.
    Zocky ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Tyrants of the Moonsea (NWN Mod).

At least good old NWN runs fine under Linux, doesn't even need WINE. So it's good for a little gaming stroll where you don't want to fire up the bloatware.
    foobar ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Benutzer, die ihr Benutzerkonto per E-Mail bestätigen müssen
    Diablo 2.
    Human Ashes ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Berggeist Avatar von Skaal
    At the moment, I play Mount and Blade Warband. Great RPG, with lots of interesting ideas.
    Skaal ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    banned
    Zitat Zitat von Skaal Beitrag anzeigen
    At the moment, I play Mount and Blade Warband. Great RPG, with lots of interesting ideas.
    I played Mount and Blade simple (no Warband), but I found it too repetitive. After the first few hours, it already became boring. In which way is Warband different?

8. #8 Zitieren
    Berggeist Avatar von Skaal
    There aren't that much differences. I think it is only one more fraction, a different world (?), and some other, small improvements. But I did not play the first one, so I'm not really into it.
    Skaal ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Ranger
    The best thing about Warband is probably the multitude of mods you get. Give Propgesy of Pendor and Brytenwalda a go, its adds LOTA of thinks not found in Warband Native.

Giving Forsaken Gods Enhanced edition a go, definitely a big improvement over previous versions.
    Donkerman ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Since I am a limited human being who dwells in the past, I'm playing Gothic 1. "Hardcore" mode as always.

Other than that I'm waiting for new games to come out.
    Dino ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    banned
    [Bild: 1TheWitcher2AssassinsofKings-Cover.jpg]

This game is pure awesomeness. The gritty atmosphere, the twisted plot, the deep words of the characters ... Oh boy !!! I just can't stop playing it. Too bad it has loading screens which last for 15-20 minutes.

12. #12 Zitieren

I almost bought it at Wednesday when I stood in front of the box in a store. Luckily, it was DRMed, so I declined. I planned on buying the DRM-free GoG version but in the meantime, I found out about the technical problems the game still has (cumbersome auto-focus, graphical glitches, extremely long startup time, a laughable control configuration, etc.). So I'm thankful for the DRM, it definitely protected me from tearing my hair out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a really great game - as far as content is concerned. But I think I'll let it hang a little longer like a good piece of meat. In two or three patches I'll probably get a much less stressful experience and can enjoy it much more.
    foobar ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    So I guess I won't even touch W2 considering that my GPU (at least) doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
    And is it just me or did they goof up the box art a bit? (Swords on his left, strange ears, the bluish cast)
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Stop whining about long start/load times and get an SSD. If you don't want everything to be tiny maps and with limited content (items/decorations/npcs etc), then you need to load much data from disk, and HDD's are slow.
    I dunno about any graphical glitches, but I can say that graphics are very good. Ofcourse disabling motion blur is mandatory.

I'm not sure what to think of some of the game mechanics yet, but the storytelling is (so far) on a level that I've never seen in a video game before.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von RobinHood 13. Beitrag anzeigen
    Stop whining about long start/load times and get an SSD.
    If I wanted to buy enough SSD capacity for every game with loading time issues (let alone Windows itself), I could get myself a complete new PC for the same money.

Besides, the long starting times for TW2 that trouble some people seem to be coming the DRM system, not the hard disc I/O. Can't speed that up with a SSD.
    foobar ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    If I wanted to buy enough SSD capacity for every game with loading time issues (let alone Windows itself), I could get myself a complete new PC for the same money.

Besides, the long starting times for TW2 that trouble some people seem to be coming the DRM system, not the hard disc I/O. Can't speed that up with a SSD.
    120GB should be enough for your OS and currently playing games. Just saying you're gonna be way more happier with an SSD. Dunno about the DRM thingy, I haven't noticed it.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    banned
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    I almost bought it at Wednesday when I stood in front of the box in a store. Luckily, it was DRMed, so I declined. I planned on buying the DRM-free GoG version but in the meantime, I found out about the technical problems the game still has (cumbersome auto-focus, graphical glitches, extremely long startup time, a laughable control configuration, etc.). So I'm thankful for the DRM, it definitely protected me from tearing my hair out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a really great game - as far as content is concerned. But I think I'll let it hang a little longer like a good piece of meat. In two or three patches I'll probably get a much less stressful experience and can enjoy it much more.
    What's DRM?

I've been playing it for some hours, and I haven't encountered any technical problems apart from the long loading time. No auto-focus or graphical glitches, and the control configuration seems good to me, though it would have been nice if they allowed us to configure it ourselves.

The story-telling is indeed the most awesome I've ever seen in a game. Imagine what an award-winning film they could make out of it. LotR would pale in comparison to it.

18. #18 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    What's DRM?
    Digital Rights Restrictions Management. Where you have to ask for permission to use what you already own. I have a problem with that so I do not buy any games that use it. Ever.
    foobar ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    banned
    In which situations exactly do you have to ask for permission?
    I presume that the versions with DRM are cheaper, if they impose restrictions. Kind of like a lite version ...

20. #20 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    In which situations exactly do you have to ask for permission?
    In general? Depends. Sometimes upon every start of the game, sometimes upon every installation. Or once every X days. Usually at least whenever you change your hardware.

For TW2? Every version (except the one from GoG) has SecuROM's DRM system. In the flavour selected by CD Project, you need to get permission during the installation. And I suppose whenever you hardware changes.

I presume that the versions with DRM are cheaper, if they impose restrictions. Kind of like a lite version ...
    Not exactly.
    foobar ist offline

Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... Letzte »