Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 3 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 117
  1. #41 Zitieren
    banned
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    What the hell happened to his face?
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    The pic was indeed from the alpha version. In the actual game he looks way better:

[Bild: Geralt_and_Triss_%28La_Valette%29_04.png]

Just look how cool his scars look.

To me, The Witcher 1 was unplayable. I gave it a try and here are my personal opinions after a couple of hours of gameplay:

1. Interface: the most horrible interface in a modern game: Small, ugly inventory icons, non-intuitive quest-log, non-intuitive level-up system, horrible... almanach, or what was it called.

2. Combat: stupid and pointless: click, click, click. Pause. Click click click. Pause. Repeat. After getting to the first town and fighting those... killer plants in the cave, I gave up on the combat system, it bored the hell out of me.

3. Characters: interesting but... lifeless. As was the whole plot and atmosphere. I don't know, but something was missing. Maybe I just didn't give them enough time. But something was unbearable... And oh lord, the names. Needless to say about the loading areas which ruined all immersivity to me.

4. The lore: it tried... too hard. The game just threw at us all kind of names, beasts, potion ingredients and so on, so quickly that I personally didn't have time to get acquainted to them, so it all became mumble-jumble to me.

My questions: what are the good changes in the game? Why would it be worth trying?
    1. I also hated the interface in The Witcher 1, but in The Witcher 2 that's completely changed.

2. The combat system in The Witcher 2 does involve a bit of strategy. There's more than click click click in this one, you can also block or roll to avoid the opponent's strikes or roll behind him and hit him in the back, things like that ... The signs (Igni, Yrden and the others) are also very useful during fights. For example, you can make a Yrden trap for the enemy and then quickly strike him while he can't move (I managed to slay very hard-to-kill bosses with this strategy). Also, there are some special monsters, like the Kayran in chapter 1 that you can't defeat unless you use some fighting strategies.

3. The characters are also better revealed to us in the second game and they all have an interesting story behind them (the main characters that is, Triss, Letho, Iorveth, Zoltan Chivay, Dandelion ...). Their voices are also awesome, especially Zoltan's dwarven warrior voice and Letho's calm cold-blooded assassin voice.
    The loading areas have also been eliminated.

4. The lore is much better organized in The Witcher 2. The quests in the journal, and the locations, characters' stories and beasts presentations now appear as written by Dandelion, in a cool bard-ish way of telling, which is also great for the atmosphere.

Seriously, The Witcher 2 is much better than the first one in terms of everything. It's a pity if you don't give it a try. The Witcher 1 had a lot of unpolished elements which I also disliked, but my opinion is that if you can cope with those, you can still enjoy a good gaming experience and a great story.
    Assassin of Kings ist offline Geändert von Assassin of Kings (02.06.2011 um 07:41 Uhr)

2. #42 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von RageGT Beitrag anzeigen

And TW1 combat wasn't clik-clik-clik. It is timed clicks, pretty much like Risen or Gothic, only that spending talents on sword skills we can build awesome combos and mass decapitation rulez!
    I beg to differ: In Risen you have side steps, backsteps, blocks, counter strikes, sidehits. In TW 1 you just have to click when the mouse cursor si highlighted.

Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    The pic was indeed from the alpha version. In the actual game he looks way better:

[Bild: Geralt_and_Triss_%28La_Valette%29_04.png]

Just look how cool his scars look.
    Still, he looks different, like a different actor with the same makeup who tries to replace the former one in tv series. And he looks much younger. Why they couldn't reuse the model is beyond my understanding.

Seriously, The Witcher 2 is much better than the first one in terms of everything. It's a pity if you don't give it a try. The Witcher 1 had a lot of unpolished elements which I also disliked, but my opinion is that if you can cope with those, you can still enjoy a good gaming experience and a great story.
    Well, I shall give it a try, maybe, the moment I will own a system capable of handling it. I currently own a laptop which struggles with Risen1.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

3. #43 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    While I understand that Geralt's old face would potentially not animate correctly in The Witcher 2, and his nose could do with a bit of a tweak, why doesn't his new face look so old and pale, and what happened to all those smaller scars? And finally, why is his hair grey instead of white?
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

4. #44 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    Huh.. we learn who killed the king right at the prologue, before act 1 start, in the 4 mo ago flashback! (which was also a preview video long before release) lol
    Oh LOL - Didn't see that in the game, must have skipped it or something.. Haven't played it properly, only skipped to some action to try out my settings.. Will begin to play it soon..
    But I seriously thought that it was the object of the whole game, to find out who killed the king and clearing Geralt's name in the process? - Haven't seen any preview videos..
    drunknmunkey ist offline

5. #45 Zitieren
    banned
    Has any of you played Fable III? I liked the first one, so I'm quite curious about the 3rd sequel, especially since it came out on the same day with The Witcher 2.

The only thing that makes me suspicious about it is that gun the hero has in his hand on the cover of the game. It's also a shame they didn't release a Fable II version for PC. This way I'll have to jump from 1 directly to 3.
    Assassin of Kings ist offline

6. #46 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Has any of you played Fable III?
    A friend of mine almost would've. But I told that story in the copy protection thread already.

From what I've seen of it somewhere else (Xbox version), I'd say it bears a certain similarity to Arcania. Everything's dumbed down. The story develops as if meant for 6 years old children and the gameplay is... well, you could call it retarded ludically challenged.

What I got from the story was:

You are the prince/princess and must go against your evil brother. Of course, you are the hero. It's revealed before the tutorial is over and there's never a doubt that you are "the chosen one" and can do what nobody else can. Why you? Don't ask such question, fate does not have to explain itself to you! And then it continues like a Disney movie, at which I point I dozed off. So I don't know what comes after that.

The gameplay:

...is the prototype of why people have prejudices against console players. As in: They have the attention span of a fruit fly, need constant guidance, cannot think for themselves. Name a cliché against console players and you will find it in the game. Tube-levels, glowing trails on the ground show the path to your next location, consequences - if existent at all - are always predictable, combat is simple button smashing, etc. etc.

You wrote that you like The Witcher 2. If all roleplaying games were put on a plane and the more alike they are, the closer they're placed together, then The Witchter 2 and Fable 3 would be somewhere on opposite ends of that plane.

And the PC version is DRMed. And Lionhead/MS will probably never release a patch to fix that.

But that's just my impression. If your taste in RPGs covers a very wide range, you might even like it.
    foobar ist offline

7. #47 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Terraria

Oh my god I can't stop playing this!!! In the first day I played for like 6 hours straight, I was figuring out the game, how to do things, how to get to end-game content...
    On the 2nd day I was making a lot of progress but still too much mistakes.
    Now, on the 3rd day I have the best gear available for the moment. I played like 20+ hours in just 3 days.

This is a fairly new game and I advice people who like RPGs, Crafting and Building games to try this. I haven't had so much fun since... I don't know, this game is so fucking awesome I STILL play it, although I have done everything there is to do.

Really amazing game, 8/10 so far, because I don't know what will they do in the future.

and this post is getting ridiculous
    Dino ist offline

8. #48 Zitieren
    banned
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    But that's just my impression. If your taste in RPGs covers a very wide range, you might even like it.
    It may not be a limited range, but I can't possibly like a game similar to Arcania.

9. #49 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    I beg to differ: In Risen you have side steps, backsteps, blocks, counter strikes, sidehits. In TW 1 you just have to click when the mouse cursor si highlighted.
    Well, in Expert mode, OTS camera or Isometric, there's only a small hint of when to click for the next attack in the combo chain. Not the flaming sword like the other modes. But the power-up attacks are awesome! =)

TW2 is different though and I'm enjoying it very much. Insane diff FTW (and for the pain! Damn.. I hate dying and restarting but I got addicted to it!)
    RageGT ist offline

10. #50 Zitieren
    RageGT ist offline

11. #51 Zitieren
    banned
    How do you trigger that quest?

12. #52 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    How do you trigger that quest?
    Just visit the Blue Stripes HQ in Flotsam at any time. After that is done, you can choose to remove the tattoo or keep it if you talk to your companions.
    RageGT ist offline

13. #53 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 since the release and replaying The Witcher 2 for the second time. In TDU 2 I'm over 300 gaming hours, which may be shocking for such a bug-ridden game, but not even close to the 1200 hours one of my female(!) friends invested in the game so far. TW2 is good, but I have numerous complaints, and on my second playthrough I had to install a "weightless inventory" mod, because the game is incredibly annoying without that (I never cheat and the only mods I use are texture mods or other visual enhancements).
    rotator ist offline

14. #54 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    What about Duke Nukem Forever? Any of you guys curious to see what took them 14 years?
    foobar ist offline

15. #55 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    What about Duke Nukem Forever? Any of you guys curious to see what took them 14 years?
    Well, I'm not. Rage looks promising (would love to play a proper RPG with such graphics and wasteland setting), but otherwise the FPS genre is dead for me.
    rotator ist offline

16. #56 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    I don't think Duke Nukem Forever is anything special if IGN, of all sites, hints at a mediocre score for the game.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

17. #57 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    Playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 since the release and replaying The Witcher 2 for the second time. In TDU 2 I'm over 300 gaming hours, which may be shocking for such a bug-ridden game, but not even close to the 1200 hours one of my female(!) friends invested in the game so far. TW2 is good, but I have numerous complaints, and on my second playthrough I had to install a "weightless inventory" mod, because the game is incredibly annoying without that (I never cheat and the only mods I use are texture mods or other visual enhancements).
    I'll give you the same answer I gave at GoG's about weight mod:

"I have to say this: While I do not consider a weight reduction or extra load for Geralt as a cheat, since it does not help me in anyway to beat the game, only to preserve some cherished items and do the loot/sell thing faster, I am enjoying the game much more without any mods whatsoever that changes Weight, max load and pot/oil duration. I will make it clear. Using those mods gives no unfair advantage, in no way. They actually made it some unadvantage, for real!

See, when I was using those mods, my usual load was around 230-270, max load at 500 and I always had more stuff than I could use. Traps, bombs, potions, oils. In the end, I was losing a lot, and I mean a LOT of Orens. Now, my usual load is around 160-200 and I go up to 400 without a problem, after hunting is done and on my way back to sell loot and go back to around 160. That means I have a lot more Orens than ever before, at the same level and stage of the game.

And it makes me think more about what I really need and instead of stockpiling pots and oils, I only carry a reasonable number and I'm always light. I crafted more bombs and traps and they actually made me lighter because some ingredients are heavier than the final product and I sell the whole lot of what is left. Of course it's a bit of metagame because I know that there will be no shortage of ingredients ahead in the game.

But I like not having to carry 60 iron ores, for instance, at 0.01 each and carrying only some 5-10 at 1.0 weight unit each. Same thing for all the other heavy stuff. It's not necessary to hoard them and playing at 160-200 makes me feel light, very very rich and with lots of room for looting. And, of course, not dying ever (Insane diff) means no loot ever vanishes from the ground because they do when we reload a game and insane means NO reload! hehe"
    RageGT ist offline

18. #58 Zitieren
    Warrior
    I'll give you the same answer I gave at GoG's about weight mod:
    We have definitely different playing style. I'm a kind of collector, who picks up everything moveable in games. Even after numerous walkthroughs I do so, although I know I will end up with a pile of unused potions and stuff. I hate running between loot and merchant, for me it's an artificial lenghtening of play time by the designer. Even more hate to discover that I've dropped/sold somewhere some valuable ingredients a while ago (because of the imposed slot/weight limit), and now I cannot mix a certain potion or craft an item. It happened in TW2 numerous times and annoyed me pretty much.

I'm sure you can load a savegame on insane difficulty, otherwise you would have to sit in front of the monitor for 30 hours without break. I'm not planning to play on insane despite the game being super easy on hard, because my only death came from accidentally stepping into a bonfire, and something like that would be just too much for me (e.g. to end the game because of such a silly thing).
    rotator ist offline Geändert von rotator (11.06.2011 um 12:51 Uhr)

19. #59 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm sure you can load a savegame on insane difficulty, otherwise you would have to sit in front of the monitor for 30 hours without break. I'm not planning to play on insane despite the game being super easy on hard, because my only death came from accidentally stepping into a bonfire, and something like that would be just too much for me (e.g. to end the game because of such a silly thing).
    Oh, I am a collector too and an ODC completionist. But after 2 playthroughs I decided to go with original game rules and it's better, IMHO. And yes, you can reload at will on Insane diff, as long as you don't die or the saves are flagged and then we cannot reload.

What I meant is, e.g., we fight a dozen nekkers, killed 12, saved and died a further ahead to an Endrega warrior before we could pick up the loot... when we reload the game, the loot from the nekkers is gone!
    RageGT ist offline

20. #60 Zitieren
    banned
    Trucks&Trailers Demo

[Bild: 1024x768_B.jpg]

I'm super excited about this little game, which teaches you how to handle the truck in tight places or park in difficult spots. Its landscapes and features are way better than in the previous SCS games (Euro, German and UK Truck Simulator) and it has a lot of new additions, such as new rest areas, pedestrians, toll collectors on highways and other stuff ... And Euro Truck Simulator 2 coming out this summer will have all of those features and more.

Seite 3 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »