Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 2 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 117
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Let's see... what AM I playing? Oh, yeah, surviving the exams

Seriously now, I don't play any games anymore... Just very few... Risen and Portal were the last ones to really play, I guess.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von vic1968
    Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2 at the same time.AC 2 is a very good game and, thinking about Risen 2, I must say that this pistol from AC 2 is very well implemented and is not hindering the sword use experience.You see, the targeting takes a lot of time and also you have a very limited quantity of ammunition.That is what I like to see also in Risen 2 or, anyway, something like that.
    vic1968 ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    banned
    True, the pistol is very well implemented in AC2, but the setting is not (so) fantastic as in Risen 2. AC2 is realistic in certain areas, so the guns fit.
    Assassin of Kings ist offline

4. #24 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Zitat Zitat von vic1968 Beitrag anzeigen
    Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2 at the same time.AC 2 is a very good game and, thinking about Risen 2, I must say that this pistol from AC 2 is very well implemented and is not hindering the sword use experience.You see, the targeting takes a lot of time and also you have a very limited quantity of ammunition.That is what I like to see also in Risen 2 or, anyway, something like that.
    You could fight your way out of any situation. A quick escape was not necessary, you could just stand there, and deal with whatever was thrown against you. When all were dead, you could easily get away. Combat is also very boring when opponents can't be killed (instantly) with parry (it's very slow, yet they're still barely able to touch you).
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

5. #25 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von RobinHood 13. Beitrag anzeigen
    You could fight your way out of any situation.
    Now that's a good thing because you MUST finish the game, don't you think?

A quick escape was not necessary
    Maybe, but is still very funny to try that.

Combat is also very boring when opponents can't be killed (instantly) with parry (it's very slow, yet they're still barely able to touch you).
    I suggest you to try to fight them in different ways;for example, use your bare hands against brutes and disarm them, then use their own weapon against them or anothers.

I may be wrong, but I think that the game reacts somehow regarding your behaviour.When I'm trying a hit and run solution often, more "agile guards" are sent against me;also, when I'm using the "hard" way, I encounter more "brutes".
    Anyway, from my point of view, I like a lot the fact that I can solve a situation in many ways, the "database" and, why not, the very beautifull graphic ( in the cities, I mean ).After all, it is worth for playing.
    vic1968 ist offline

6. #26 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    I'm playing the best fraking game of the past 50 years! (Oh, GoG is awesome. No DRM, I paid 10% less, got TW1 Director's Cut for 5 bucks and they gave me Gothic 2 Gold Edition with NoTR as a gift! (Atari never released NoTR here. I only played G2. Well, at least some great game to play when TW2 bores me to death, like in 5 years perhaps... perhaps 10!)
    RageGT ist offline Geändert von RageGT (24.05.2011 um 14:00 Uhr)

7. #27 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    I suggest you to try to fight them in different ways;for example, use your bare hands against brutes and disarm them, then use their own weapon against them or anothers.
    You mean the "sentry" guards that will block every attack, and almost require you to disarm them? That's not very well implemented (my opinion). I like some of the extra stuff (bombs) which can speed things up, but the melee itself is very simple, and boring, and very slow if you can't instakill them.

Anyway, from my point of view, I like a lot the fact that I can solve a situation in many ways, the "database" and, why not, the very beautifull graphic ( in the cities, I mean ).After all, it is worth for playing.
    I just have a grudge that you win no matter what you try. You should have "sophisticated" ways to escape. Killing all guards (which just takes time) is not like that, and not what you expect an assassin would do.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

8. #28 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von RageGT Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm playing the best fraking game of the past 50 years!
    TW1 or G2G?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

9. #29 Zitieren
    You mean the "sentry" guards that will block every attack, and almost require you to disarm them?
    No, I mean the heavily armored ones, those who usually are using a big axe.

I just have a grudge that you win no matter what you try. You should have "sophisticated" ways to escape. Killing all guards (which just takes time) is not like that, and not what you expect an assassin would do.
    Yeah, unfortunalely that's right.Ezio is rather a medieval "uber soldier" than an assassin.This type of "pure assassin" can be found only in Thief Deadly Shadows as far as I know.
    vic1968 ist offline

10. #30 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    TW1 or G2G?
    The Witcher 2, from what I seen so far is nothing spectacular and the QTE like has been mentioned earlier here sucks ass, it's worse than ME2's. The story is ok, but the gameplay........it's not there for me. The graphics aren't all that wonderful either, though good they just are serviceable and don't add that 'feel' like a PB game. But I've only seen the beginning of the game, so it might get better later on.
    Aetherian ist offline

11. #31 Zitieren
    Ranger
    The latest patch 1.1 for TW2 removes DRM from all versions of the game. If you liked TW1 you will almost definitely like TW2. Yes there are always problems with games and a million opinions on what "sucks" and what doesn't, but overall TW2 is definitly one of the better RPG's released this year. After DAO2, Arcania and TwoWorlds 2 disappointments, Witcher 2 is like a breath of fresh air for 2011.
    Donkerman ist offline

12. #32 Zitieren
    TW2 is definitely superior than Arcania, that's for certain. I stayed away from DA2 and Two Worlds 2 so I can't say anything about them, but at least TW2 has a story to tell which is better than the random fetch quests of Arcania.
    Aetherian ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren
    banned
    [Bild: The%20Witcher%202%20Assassins%20of%20Kings%20System%20Requirements%20Revealed.jpg]

I'm still on The Witcher 2. I can't believe I'm finally playing a good RPG after so many failures this genre had lately. This game has all the ingredients it needs to be a breathtaking experience ... it has everything: political schemes, fantasy, romance, epic fights, captivating quest ... It's definitely one of the best games ever made.

Zitat Zitat von Aetherian Beitrag anzeigen
    TW2 is definitely superior than Arcania, that's for certain. I stayed away from DA2 and Two Worlds 2 so I can't say anything about them, but at least TW2 has a story to tell which is better than the random fetch quests of Arcania.
    Are you kidding me? Arcania is the dirt under The Witcher 2's fingernails. Comparing Arcania with The Witcher 2 is like comparing a putrid excrement with a palace, to put it that way.

14. #34 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    Are you kidding me? Arcania is the dirt under The Witcher 2's fingernails. Comparing Arcania with The Witcher 2 is like comparing a putrid excrement with a palace, to put it that way.
    LOL... the sucker at escapist gave a poor score because game is too hard and reminded him of Gothic!!!

Sorry for those who judge without trying it. It's definitely worth it. A game so good that will be a milestone to the genre in years to come.

QTE's can be disabled and they are so rare that it really doesn't matter. Of course, they are present in two bosses fights but it's like .. killing the final boss of Risen and then having a cinematic with 2 QTE's for the fun of it and the finishing move.

Now, it works wonderfully for the fist fight minigame. That's when the QTE is used for real. It's a fraking funny minigame. As is Arm Wrestling too!

The game doesn't hold your hand and people complaining about the difficulty and lack of tutorial at the start.. well, there is a OSD tutorial but the real one is the Journal and Character screen! It's been a while since I played a game that actually made me stop and read it all! It's written under Dandelion's perspective and that prick finally got my respect!

Combat, once mastered, is just too much fun. Hard indeed, stupidity is punished, no hands holding or instant gratification or button=awesome. Some compare it to Demon's Soul. Never played that. Some say AC but that's not accurate. You can't just block and counter. They'll gang rape you!

Graphics are awesome for those who can run it in Ultra settings. I can only in medium-low with my old GF 9600GT but it is beautiful just the same. There is need for improvement in Savegame and Inventory management but mods are taking care of those and I'm sure a patch will too. A few bugs with combat must be fixed too but they are rare to happen and not fun killer at all once you know how to deal with it.

This should cover it:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witc..._cdpr_fix_this

But the best part is the story. I chose to continue my Geralt from TW1, in my first run, Knight and Champion of a Goddess. What a game. Now I'm going for a different path and the game changes so much, including areas not accessible on previous path. And just like AoK said

... it has everything: political schemes, fantasy, romance, epic fights, captivating quest ... It's definitely one of the best games ever made.
    RageGT ist offline

15. #35 Zitieren
    Just finished The Witcher 2 ( Roche path ).It is a good game, a good RPG, that's for sure;also it is very beautiful, especially in chapter 1;it has a story and an interesting one;I didn't encountered any bugs ( with the first patch, that which also removes the copy protection-very good thing! ).
    But it is too SHORT!It is right that in chapter 3 I was in a terible rush in order to find some answers but, even so, I think it is too short.
    Anyway, I shall replay TW1, import my saves and replay TW2 after a while.
    vic1968 ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren
    I read somewhere that it is about 25hrs worth of game time.
    Aetherian ist offline

17. #37 Zitieren
    banned
    [Bild: the-witcher-2-wallpaper-enemy.jpg]

Just finished the game. The ending was simple, but so cool at the same time. The last meeting with Letho (the kingslayer) explained a lot of unclear things from the game and which is even better, you don't have to kill him. Considering that you saved his life in the past and that he also helped you, you get to decide if killing a brother witcher for slaying a few crowned heads is really worth it.

I'll replay the game choosing to support Vernom Roche this time and see what differences the story has in store for me in that case.

To the guys that say the game is too short, I don't find it like that at all. I've been playing it for about a week, and that following only the main storyline (I was too excited to find out what happens with the main plot, and decided to skip the side-quests). Plus it's a replayable game, as the second chapter is quite different if you decide to help Roche than if you help Iorveth, from what I've heard. On the second playing of the game I plan on exploring all side-quests and everything.

18. #38 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    What the hell happened to his face?
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

Well, so his face suffered a lot in the sequel... but what about the rest of the game?

To me, The Witcher 1 was unplayable. I gave it a try and here are my personal opinions after a couple of hours of gameplay:

1. Interface: the most horrible interface in a modern game: Small, ugly inventory icons, non-intuitive quest-log, non-intuitive level-up system, horrible... almanach, or what was it called.

2. Combat: stupid and pointless: click, click, click. Pause. Click click click. Pause. Repeat. After getting to the first town and fighting those... killer plants in the cave, I gave up on the combat system, it bored the hell out of me.

3. Characters: interesting but... lifeless. As was the whole plot and atmosphere. I don't know, but something was missing. Maybe I just didn't give them enough time. But something was unbearable... And oh lord, the names. Needless to say about the loading areas which ruined all immersivity to me.

4. The lore: it tried... too hard. The game just threw at us all kind of names, beasts, potion ingredients and so on, so quickly that I personally didn't have time to get acquainted to them, so it all became mumble-jumble to me.

My questions: what are the good changes in the game? Why would it be worth trying?
    Maladiq ist offline

19. #39 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    Just finished the game. The ending was simple, but so cool at the same time. The last meeting with Letho (the kingslayer) explained a lot of unclear things from the game and which is even better, you don't have to kill him. Considering that you saved his life in the past and that he also helped you, you get to decide if killing a brother witcher for slaying a few crowned heads is really worth it.
    Thank you for not putting this in spoiler-tags!!!
    Seriously, I haven't completed it yet, but now i unfortunately know who killed the king. Nice.
    drunknmunkey ist offline

20. #40 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    Zitat Zitat von drunknmunkey Beitrag anzeigen
    Thank you for not putting this in spoiler-tags!!!
    Seriously, I haven't completed it yet, but now i unfortunately know who killed the king. Nice.
    Huh.. we learn who killed the king right at the prologue, before act 1 start, in the 4 mo ago flashback! (which was also a preview video long before release) lol

And yes, it's not a short game if you take your time to go completionist. All sub quests are so nice. Hung Over is one to remember! And playing at Insane diff now, gotta be very careful. Death is permanent and well, I got hooked to Insane and cannot play any other diff. The adrenaline, tension, danger and the cheer fun is too much.

And TW1 combat wasn't clik-clik-clik. It is timed clicks, pretty much like Risen or Gothic, only that spending talents on sword skills we can build awesome combos and mass decapitation rulez! Play it on Hard (Expert Mode) where studying monsters through books and alchemy is a must. Also, there's no flaming icon to tell when is the right time to click. That's only for lower diffs.

Go Gold talent lvl 5 on Group Style both Silver and Steel and have fun! But also level 4 STR and FAST style both sword will help. Signs (magic) in TW1 is overpowered but I rarely played a witcher-mage. Many replays and there's nothing like a good sword! Same for TW2. Swordsman all the way through Insane! Until death takes its toll!

PS.: and this is the final in game Geralt. Way better than the alpha build screenie above:

[Bild: Geralt222222222222.png]
    RageGT ist offline Geändert von RageGT (02.06.2011 um 05:39 Uhr)

Seite 2 von 6 « Erste 123456 Letzte »