Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 5 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 86
  1. #1 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    In this thread you can discuss about the submissions in the official thread or the contest itself.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (14.05.2011 um 16:18 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Knight
    great, i might give it a try. I'm more of a 3d modeller, but i'll still give it a try atleast.
    Zocky ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren

3D models are also valid. Just render a good view of it.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    I mainly use other people's 3d objects and mix them with a landscape I create, or another type of setting, and render them like I did with my sig. I might give it a shot, but my Photoshop skills are marginal at best.
    Aetherian ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    General Avatar von ICFabian
    This is a really quick sketch I've done (10 minutes), to sort of get my creative juices flowing.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2lj2v5z.jpg

Not meant as an actual entry, of course, just trying my hand at it.
    ICFabian ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Aetherian Beitrag anzeigen
    I mainly use other people's 3d objects
    If it's just textures and public domain or open content (free to use and alter for any purpose without giving credit), you can use it. Otherwise, you need to get creative yourself.

foobar ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Knight
    Indeed, it's not really good thing to use other people materials, just put those together and claim as your work.

Also, can somebody explain a little bit title? My english is still rather poor, so i don't quite get the "pawned PegLeg' part. :P
    Zocky ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    Also, can somebody explain a little bit title? My english is still rather poor, so i don't quite get the "pawned PegLeg' part. :P
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegleg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pawnshop

Questions?

foobar ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    First try:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline Geändert von Maladiq (14.05.2011 um 22:48 Uhr)

10. #10 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    If it's just textures and public domain or open content (free to use and alter for any purpose without giving credit), you can use it. Otherwise, you need to get creative yourself.
    I use free public domain textures and models in my work. If the creator of the object or texture said to give them credit for it then I did so in a readme in the download. For this project I would have to create something in Photoshop from scratch, which is not my forte. I make (or USED to make) skyboxes, or three dimensional scenes using Terragen or Vue to use as your desktop wallpaper, and only use a paint program for touchup. I have some ideas for a good pub sign, but I think I'll leave it to the better artists out there to make it.
    Aetherian ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Warning: big-ass image. And I guess my first final pic for the contest.

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Berggeist Avatar von Skaal
    Oh, jup, that's big. But nice!
    Skaal ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Skaal Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh, jup, that's big. But nice!
    Thanks I am especially proud of it considering the fact that I don't know how to use photoshop and I had to settle for a combination of IrfanView, MS Paint, MS Word (yeah, Word), some online photo editor which I cannot name and a tad of learned on the spot for the sake of necessity GIMP.

The huge resolution is due to the fact that I had to make the transparency in Paint, so I figured out that the bigger I go, the smoother edges I will get. Not the biggest success, but still... The problem occurred when I tried to resize the bastard and it fucked up the transparent color, so I had to keep it large. Well, looks like I have to start learning PS since I have several more ideas and I don't think they are doable without that piece of software... I only hope it is more user-friendly than GIMP
    Maladiq ist offline Geändert von Maladiq (15.05.2011 um 06:53 Uhr)

14. #14 Zitieren
    Berggeist Avatar von Skaal
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks I am especially proud of it considering the fact that I don't know how to use photoshop and I had to settle for a combination of IrfanView, MS Paint, MS Word (yeah, Word), some online photo editor which I cannot name and a tad of learned on the spot for the sake of necessity GIMP.

The huge resolution is due to the fact that I had to make the transparency in Paint, so I figured out that the bigger I go, the smoother edges I will get. Not the biggest success, but still... The problem occurred when I tried to resize the bastard and it fucked up the transparent color, so I had to keep it large. Well, looks like I have to start learning PS since I have several more ideas and I don't think they are doable without that piece of software... I only hope it is more user-friendly than GIMP
    Oh, I take GIMP for rather user-friendly, especially if you use the lots and lots of tutorials which are haunting the web. With GIMP, transparency is pretty easy to make. Alternatively I would help you, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to.
    Skaal ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Skaal Beitrag anzeigen
    Alternatively I would help you, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to.
    Thanks for the offer, but that would take away all the fun in tormenting myself with learning the program
    Maladiq ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    I got carried away and forgot to put in a pegleg somewhere in my sign submission, but at least there's a (pirate) ship in it. Looks kinda Risen 2esque also.
    Aetherian ist offline Geändert von Aetherian (15.05.2011 um 20:12 Uhr)

17. #17 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Aetherian Beitrag anzeigen
    I got carried away and forgot to put in a pegleg somewhere in my sign submission, but at least there's a (pirate) ship in it. Looks kinda Risen 2esque also.
    Damn, now I have competition... well, back to the drawing board
    Maladiq ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Damn, now I have competition... well, back to the drawing board
    I used an old render of mine I made years ago as a wallpaper, which I thought went with Risen 2 and the pirate theme pretty well. I don't know Photoshop all that well, just enough to be dangerous.
    Aetherian ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    banned
    From all 3 submitted signs, Aetherian's is the one I like best. Because of the fact that it also includes the Risen setting and it's really atmospheric.
    Assassin of Kings ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    I appreciate the kind words for my maiden attempt at sign making. But we need more people to submit their art for this, I might even try again this weekend with something different.

I did quite a bit of art rendering in the past, not PS as much as terrain generators, Vue, Poser and such. I was on a multi-national art team (for a desktop shell program) and it got to be like a job, but one one that I wasn't paid for doing. I had a 12hr a day job working an average 60hr week most of the time and then coming home tying up my computer for hours generating new shit for our projects, and getting maybe 4hrs of sleep a night, on average. My days off just gave me more time for doing the art thing, no difference on the sleep maybe an hour or so. Just got burnt out at the end, couldn't even LOOK at PS or Terragen and such without shuddering and getting a sick feeling in my gut, which I'm just now starting to get over, I think.
    Aetherian ist offline Geändert von Aetherian (18.05.2011 um 02:59 Uhr) Grund: recalculated my average bedtime

Seite 1 von 5 12345 Letzte »