Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 27
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Ranger Avatar von Untouchable

Untouchable ist offline

Question G2 Chapter levels

Since the first time I started to play Gothic 2 notr (never played classic), I wanted to know what's the solid lvl form chapter to chapter.

I was very disappointed in my first playthrough as a paladin, coz I was toooooo weak. I was 31 lvl when i finished the game (only God knows how I did it), and then regret I didn't first play classic G2, and then notr.

Nevertheless things got better in 2nd playthrough as a mercenary pure archer. I was 42 lvl at the end (I think that is solid)

-back to the topic

So I would like to know your opinion what lvl should I be at the end of: ch1, ch2, ch3...... (it would be very helpful)
    Maybe it sounds stupid, coz the simple answer would be the highest lvl that you can get, and the highest lvl I was in the first chapter is 14 as a mercenary (did pretty much all the quests, and killed a good number of monsters) but still I heard some of you got to even 20. How ?!?!?!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Notr is difficult indeed but having a high level is not the only thing that makes you strong. It`s spending your "learning points" correctly which actually makes your character stronger.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    @ Untouchable:
    Do you want to receive 20th level in the 1st chapter? Then you can complete all accessible quests, eliminate all monsters, bandits and orcs, clean pockets and beat to the greatest quantity of NPCs how much you will have enough strength, dexterity, gold on payment of penalties for fights or scrolls with an "Oblivion" spell.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Veteran Avatar von kojocel

kojocel ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Untouchable Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe it sounds stupid, coz the simple answer would be the highest lvl that you can get, and the highest lvl I was in the first chapter is 14 as a mercenary (did pretty much all the quests, and killed a good number of monsters) but still I heard some of you got to even 20. How ?!?!?!
    It's okay to finish chapter 1 at level 14. I usually finish it at about level 19.
    Some XP tips (spoils):
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

- Don't help Cavalorn directly with the bandits: go persuade the bandit staying at the cave entrance and tell him you're from penal colony as well and warn him about Cavalorn and then warn him again about Malek knowing he stole the sheep from Lobart's farm.
    - Enter Khorinis by swimming, for maximum XP bonus from Lares.
    - Do not help Greg at the beginning: help him after you already entered the city. After exiting the city, hand over farmer clothes to Greg, then do not equip any armor, just go back to the gate - the guard will stop you: say you come from Constantino for max. XP bonus.
    - Most powerful help in chapter 1 comes from Ignaz: after you do his Experiment quest, browse his shop and buy Scroll of Dragon Snapper transformation - use it to kill wargs and shadowbeasts in the valley near Lobart's farm, and those in the woods behind Onar's farm,
    - When going to the forest to get Nefarius ring fragment, take Lares with you: when you'll arrive there, do not activate portal, simply lure all orcs, wargs, lizzards etc to Lares and he'll kill everything as at this stage he's immortal (important: watch out that you don't die and don't lose your targets while luring them to Lares).
    - Don't forget about Thieves guild quests, etc etc
    - Important: I found out that while you're guildless, the maximum amount of XP is granted by joining Fire mages: first you do all mercenary quests, up to when Torlof sends you to Lee (don't go talking to him)(and don't forget to kill warehouse guard in Khorinis and take swampweed package for Buster).
    - Black Troll tip: if your master is Bosper, after killing black troll, don't go to him, instead do mercenary quests, and after you chose a side, Raoul will accost you, saying you're nothing but a big mouth etc, and give you black troll quests: pursue him to give you a higher reward, then give him the black troll hide. After that, beat him, take the hade back and sell it to Bosper.
    - When joining mages, forget about direct method, use alternative method (with help from Vatras).
    - Don't forget to buy molerat fat from Martin and open the locked door at the cave near the portal where you go with Lares after ring fragment.

Well, there are lots of other details I could give you, but I must go now. Just remember basic Gothic rule: at the end of each chapter, there must be no monster / bandit / orc etc left alive (crypt behind Onar's farm is at your discretion whether you finish it in ch.1 or no), as some respawn in next chapters, and you lose XP.

Cheers.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde
    Zone Survival Guide: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

Untouchable ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Notr is difficult indeed but having a high level is not the only thing that makes you strong. It`s spending your "learning points" correctly which actually makes your character stronger.
    Yea I know. I'm keeping that in mind all the time.

@ Dimus

Hmm ok thx. And I thought I don't have to beat NPCs.

@ kojocel

Wow Tnx for those great tips!!! Most of them I didn't know (and I thought I know much lol)
    Tnx again, that really helps!
    Geändert von Untouchable (28.04.2011 um 12:14 Uhr)

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von kojocel Beitrag anzeigen
    It's okay to finish chapter 1 at level 14. I usually finish it at about level 19.
    Some XP tips (spoils):
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

- Don't help Cavalorn directly with the bandits: go persuade the bandit staying at the cave entrance and tell him you're from penal colony as well and warn him about Cavalorn and then warn him again about Malek knowing he stole the sheep from Lobart's farm.
    - Enter Khorinis by swimming, for maximum XP bonus from Lares.
    - Do not help Greg at the beginning: help him after you already entered the city. After exiting the city, hand over farmer clothes to Greg, then do not equip any armor, just go back to the gate - the guard will stop you: say you come from Constantino for max. XP bonus.
    - Most powerful help in chapter 1 comes from Ignaz: after you do his Experiment quest, browse his shop and buy Scroll of Dragon Snapper transformation - use it to kill wargs and shadowbeasts in the valley near Lobart's farm, and those in the woods behind Onar's farm,
    - When going to the forest to get Nefarius ring fragment, take Lares with you: when you'll arrive there, do not activate portal, simply lure all orcs, wargs, lizzards etc to Lares and he'll kill everything as at this stage he's immortal (important: watch out that you don't die and don't lose your targets while luring them to Lares).
    - Don't forget about Thieves guild quests, etc etc
    - Important: I found out that while you're guildless, the maximum amount of XP is granted by joining Fire mages: first you do all mercenary quests, up to when Torlof sends you to Lee (don't go talking to him)(and don't forget to kill warehouse guard in Khorinis and take swampweed package for Buster).
    - Black Troll tip: if your master is Bosper, after killing black troll, don't go to him, instead do mercenary quests, and after you chose a side, Raoul will accost you, saying you're nothing but a big mouth etc, and give you black troll quests: pursue him to give you a higher reward, then give him the black troll hide. After that, beat him, take the hade back and sell it to Bosper.
    - When joining mages, forget about direct method, use alternative method (with help from Vatras).
    - Don't forget to buy molerat fat from Martin and open the locked door at the cave near the portal where you go with Lares after ring fragment.

Well, there are lots of other details I could give you, but I must go now. Just remember basic Gothic rule: at the end of each chapter, there must be no monster / bandit / orc etc left alive (crypt behind Onar's farm is at your discretion whether you finish it in ch.1 or no), as some respawn in next chapters, and you lose XP.

Cheers.
    you are good, good indeed looks like i have my self a challenge. i been reading your posts for long time i must say you are great at gothic series.
    how much % would you give to yourself for gothic 1 & 2 & 3? i give myself 90% knowledge about gothic 1 95% for gothic 2 notr and for gothic 3 85% and you? you are pretty good at knowing things.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    I mentioned this earlier, you do not lose exp, monsters do not respawn. They are "added" in latter chs, regardless of your actions. However, they might kill each other if you hadn't cleaned them beforehand.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    also

Beat up every mortal citisen in harbor district (watch out for paladins and Peck the militiaman in cat house)...
    kill all bandtis on the map (yeah that first one will give you, instead of 30, about 120-150 exp)

buy fire rain spell from that, ugh ugh,old man who sells scrolls in trade district, and kill all orcs with it near pass (first u must kill those 2 who are alone, then come as close as u can, and kabom fire rain, after that there will be 1 orc left at far end, of even a shaman behind those rocks, but you can kill them )

go to akil's farm, and talk with those brothers behind, talk to one, then to second, then again to first ec etc until they start fighting
    treasures give you exp (there are 4 in khorinis, and much much more in jharkendar, really forgot, but i think there are about 20)

no need to swim to khorinis, there is one funny thing how to get inside, you can jump over a wall (it's lower section of wall, right to the right guard at gate) or just go around that guard(get into that ditch, climb near wall, and go behind the guard, he won't notice you)
    and many other things, eh -_- send me a pm in inbox ako ti treba odgovor na srpskom

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

Untouchable ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    I mentioned this earlier, you do not lose exp, monsters do not respawn. They are "added" in latter chs, regardless of your actions. However, they might kill each other if you hadn't cleaned them beforehand.
    Kill each other ?
    Didn't know that can happen

@ CrashMorraKan

Jugging by his tips, I would say 99% G2 knowledge
    I give my self 70% G2, and 95% G3.... never played G1 :P

@ ZeriOn

I forgot to kill the orcs. Dam

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Local Hero Avatar von Sorinash

Sorinash ist offline
    Nice tips but in my opninion the best way to find out how to make the biggest level you can is to simply find out by yourself by playing the game. It's that simple
    If you don't like gothic that much and don't wanna play it like mad like I did () those tips are really helpful for you.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11

Untouchable ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sorinash Beitrag anzeigen
    Nice tips but in my opninion the best way to find out how to make the biggest level you can is to simply find out by yourself by playing the game. It's that simple
    If you don't like gothic that much and don't wanna play it like mad like I did () those tips are really helpful for you.
    Like I already said, ''Maybe it sounds stupid'' xD
    Well I'm a big fan of G3, and just starting to learn new things about G2 (I'm on 3rd playthrough)

As I mentioned before my first playthrough was terrible, second was very enjoyable, and now on my third I wanted to know some extra tips for exp (coz I play as a pure mage now, which is harder than mercenary/paladin)

So this tips are very useful

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    .... never played G1 :P

Now i won't speak to you unless you pay me the penalty.That would be 500 slaps by not enjoyed the Greatest Atmosphere And Best Game.! , Begone
    If you even try to look the other way...

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

Untouchable ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    Now i won't speak to you unless you pay me the penalty.That would be 500 slaps by not enjoyed the Greatest Atmosphere And Best Game.! , Begone
    I swear I will play it after I finish my G2 mage. ^_^
    Honest!

Lol, but is weird. First Gothic I played is G3, now I'm on G2, and after that I'll try G1

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    I swear I will play it after I finish my G2 mage. ^_^
    Honest!

Lol, but is weird. First Gothic I played is G3, now I'm on G2, and after that I'll try G1
    Actually many people will say that Gothic 1 is the best. I don`t find it better than g2 notr ,but the atmosphere is great and the story is awesome.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    my personal favorite is notr since i played it first and liked it a lot, in gothic 1 i loved the atmosphere but some unfinished things and bugs made a lesser impression on me than notr....

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

Untouchable ist offline
    Well I wanted to try G1 after I finished G3, but didn't had a chance.
    So my friend gave me G2 gold dvd. I have G1 now, and as soon i finish G2, I will try G1, but controls scare me

The fact that you got to press forward and action in order to attack
    But I still think G3 is the best Probably coz I first played it, but still magic system in G3 is really awesome.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Local Hero

Cyclops1953 ist offline
    "Most powerful help in chapter 1 comes from Ignaz: after you do his Experiment quest, browse his shop and buy Scroll of Dragon Snapper transformation - use it to kill wargs and shadowbeasts in the valley near Lobart's farm, and those in the woods behind Onar's farm,"

There is one drawback to this strategy.If you are collecting animal skins and trophies to sell for gold you will not be able to gather any of them while you are transformed.Later in the game it wont matter as much,but early on gold is not in abundance.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18

Untouchable ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Cyclops1953 Beitrag anzeigen
    "Most powerful help in chapter 1 comes from Ignaz: after you do his Experiment quest, browse his shop and buy Scroll of Dragon Snapper transformation - use it to kill wargs and shadowbeasts in the valley near Lobart's farm, and those in the woods behind Onar's farm,"

There is one drawback to this strategy.If you are collecting animal skins and trophies to sell for gold you will not be able to gather any of them while you are transformed.Later in the game it wont matter as much,but early on gold is not in abundance.
    And the second drawback, if you lvl up while transformed you lose hp bonus.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Kill each other ?
    Didn't know that can happen
    Not universally applicable, but some species may fight each other, yes.

Zitat Zitat von Cyclops1953 Beitrag anzeigen
    In addition, no HP gains on level up and that slightest risk of getting the whole world angry if NPCs spot you.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    That's why it is advisable to clear the woods with orcs and wargs especially,starting from the lighthouse (those bandits can be extremely tough,since they can easily range you in 2 hits when in human mode).The warg skins are not that valuable,but it would be a shame to miss the shadowbeast skins (there is a shadowbeast in a cave near the lighthouse,and a place full of wargs and 1/2 shadowbeasts near Khorinis,in an open area with a cave)

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »