Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 27 von 27
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Ranger Avatar von Untouchable

Untouchable ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    That's why it is advisable to clear the woods with orcs and wargs especially,starting from the lighthouse (those bandits can be extremely tough,since they can easily range you in 2 hits when in human mode).The warg skins are not that valuable,but it would be a shame to miss the shadowbeast skins (there is a shadowbeast in a cave near the lighthouse,and a place full of wargs and 1/2 shadowbeasts near Khorinis,in an open area with a cave)
    I hate those bandits up there, killed me a bunch of times
    So, later in the game, I kill them with pleasure

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Veteran Avatar von kojocel

kojocel ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Untouchable Beitrag anzeigen
    Wow Tnx for those great tips!!! Most of them I didn't know (and I thought I know much lol)
    No problem mate. I'm not some Gothic guru, I just love the series and I've been playing it for about a decade now. After so much time, you come to know some things.
    On a side note, if you really want to see how a comprehensive guide should look like (it's about Gothic 2, not NoTR, but it doesn't matter), then take a look at Gothic 2 guide by Steve Metzler.

Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    I mentioned this earlier, you do not lose exp, monsters do not respawn. They are "added" in latter chs, regardless of your actions.
    Tratos:
    While you are correct, let me rephrase what I meant to say: not killing all the monsters in a particular chapter, leads to fewer monsters being added in later chapters, if not added at all.
    I actually had an argument over some more beers with a friend of mine whether this is true or not, so I did some extensive testing (we're both in "Gothic business" for about a decade).
    The results were as follows: not killing wolves / snappers in chapter 1, leads to no additional monsters in chapter 2. Also - and probably the most important thing of all - not killing orcs in Valley of Mines, while in chapter 2, leads basically to no more added orcs in chapter 3, and that my friend is a waste of a lot of XP, because killing them leads to game system adding a new army of orcs surrounding the castle, an army comprised of about 60% of orcs number from chapter 2.
    Jharkendar is more tolerant in this matter, as not so many monsters are added later.

I always thought that taking maximum what Gothic series has to offer (G1 and G2, as G3 is a different cake) is to kill a monster when the time is right and squeeze all NPCs of everything that they have to offer.

Cheers.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde
    Zone Survival Guide: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23

Untouchable ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von kojocel Beitrag anzeigen
    No problem mate. I'm not some Gothic guru, I just love the series and I've been playing it for about a decade now. After so much time, you come to know some things.
    On a side note, if you really want to see how a comprehensive guide should look like (it's about Gothic 2, not NoTR, but it doesn't matter), then take a look at Gothic 2 guide by Steve Metzler.
    I think I saw that guide, I was to lazy to read it

I always thought that taking maximum what Gothic series has to offer (G1 and G2, as G3 is a different cake) is to kill a monster when the time is right and squeeze all NPCs of everything that they have to offer.
    Well, G3 isn't a very different from G2 when we talk about farming max exp, if you look it like this:
    - To get max exp points in G2 on the beginning we make sure to do all the quests from all guilds (except mages) before joining one.
    - Same thing with G3, for an example when your working for the orcs, you make sure to do all the quests with the rebels too, (with much more freedom btw) before slaying them latter

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    While you are correct, let me rephrase what I meant to say: not killing all the monsters in a particular chapter, leads to fewer monsters being added in later chapters, if not added at all.
    I actually had an argument over some more beers with a friend of mine whether this is true or not, so I did some extensive testing (we're both in "Gothic business" for about a decade).
    The results were as follows: not killing wolves / snappers in chapter 1, leads to no additional monsters in chapter 2. Also - and probably the most important thing of all - not killing orcs in Valley of Mines, while in chapter 2, leads basically to no more added orcs in chapter 3, and that my friend is a waste of a lot of XP, because killing them leads to game system adding a new army of orcs surrounding the castle, an army comprised of about 60% of orcs number from chapter 2.
    Jharkendar is more tolerant in this matter, as not so many monsters are added later.
    I think it's obvious that we'd need a look of the scripts and a modder's opinion on this to find final truth.

From observations alone, I still say there is no 'proper' respawning. Though I can't say about wolves and snappers, I almost never touch the orcs around the castle and their numbers always go up in later chapters. But then again, snappers and wolves are 'predators' and are often engaged in chasing down fleeing game, quite often in the form of scavengers. Indeed, they may move away from the spawning point and thus 'not be found' where one would expect, but that doesn't change the fact that the 'adding of monsters in latter chapters' works independent of what you have killed before.

One last thing, there is a very weird bug, which no one seems to have encountered, when masses of NPCs and mobs just disappear from the gameworld. Maybe it happens more often and to a smaller extent, but with me - it took away nearly all monsters from Khorinis, the northern forest was completely empty and people like Torlof, Ruga, Talamon, Lee, Buster and others were completely missing. That game was broken when I couldn't find the irdorath book in ch5 in the library.
    Geändert von Tratos (29.04.2011 um 15:52 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25

Untouchable ist offline
    One last thing, there is a very weird bug, which no one seems to have encountered, when masses of NPCs and mobs just disappear from the gameworld. Maybe it happens more often and to a smaller extent, but with me - it took away nearly all monsters from Khorinis, the northern forest was completely empty and people like Torlof, Ruga, Talamon, Lee, Buster and others were completely missing. That game was broken when I couldn't find the irdorath book in ch5 in the library.
    Wtf? Hmmm there was also a weird bug I encountered but only in Jharkendar.
    I didn't have to do any quest, coz in the dialog I had an option like I already finished it Teleports didn't work also, then I reinstalled the game, and start over

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    ^Did you use any mods, patches for that game or was it straight out of the box? This is important.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27

Untouchable ist offline
    ^Did you use any mods, patches for that game or was it straight out of the box? This is important.
    Well now that you mentioned it, I was using some patch.
    Can't quite remember what, but I know it changed some of the textures.
    Sorry I didn't mentioned it before.

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12