Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline

Purchasing Gothic: where to pay and how

Zitat Zitat von Cryofax Beitrag anzeigen
    I love a good old school CRPG and have played most, but the Gothic series evaded me. Perhaps I was scared off by complaints about the control scheme. I finally tried it out and what a contrast to some of the newer "dumbed down" RPGs they put out now. Very refreshing and I'm having a great time.

On my newer computer it runs at 1280x720 (720p, any bigger and the font is too small) with 16x antialiasing and 16x anistropic filtering and looks as good as it can. With the FPS patch it's solid and smooth at 60fps.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I programmed my gamepad (Logitech with profiler) for use with it. The keyboard/mouse combo before was annoying and this makes a huge difference.
    I know I started an thread about this, but...

Dude, how can you get an Gothic 2 Notr version these days?
    Plz anyone help me, I live in the Netherlands and ''Bol.com'' does give the 'link' to the page, but doesnt show the image and stuff, its just out of storage or something. Anyone who is trustful enough to buy an extra Gothic 2 Notr and send it to my adress, and I WILL send you back the costs.
    Sry if its not allowed here to discuss something like this.

Edit: I dont have the.. damn how to say this; I dont have anything like Visa, Mastercard or Paypal, and I wont get soon, so only cash.
    Arcadia - A click and win tale

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von C-Hawk Beitrag anzeigen
    Paypal
    Don't know if paypal in Netherlands has prepaid cards or shops where you can top up your paypal account without a bank account/card. Try to find out. If yes, top up 10/15 euros to a paypal account and buy a G2 gold from gog.com

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

C-Hawk ist offline
    Sarah
    Hi. I'm Sarah, PayPal’s automated customer support assistant.
    How can I help you today?

You
    I need to pay with paypal, but I need an card wich I can use ONLY one time, like an phone-card.

Sarah
    In the United States, PayPal allows Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express cards with an American billing address.

Other than the Green Dot MoneyPak prepaid debit card, PayPal does not recommend adding a gift card, prepaid card, virtual card, or one-time use card to your PayPal account. Although some of these cards may be accepted, most do not pass our security checks.
    If you don't have one of those cards, you can also send money using your bank account.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    All things aside, getting some sort of bank account with a card attached to it is pretty much a must these days.

Oh and I think we might need a new thread if we want to talk about all these purchase shenanigans.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

C-Hawk ist offline
    All things aside, getting some sort of bank account with a card attached to it is pretty much a must these days.
    So you say, I should just get myself a card, buy the game and be done with it???
    I don't know how to get one exactly however... (edit: Mastercard/Visa; at my local bank?)

Oh and I think we might need a new thread if we want to talk about all these purchase shenanigans.
    You're totally right, this isn't about ''Just started Gothic...'' anymore.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von C-Hawk Beitrag anzeigen
    at my local bank?
    At one of your local banks. Some banks might offer sweeter deals than others (free card, free online-banking, lower fees and so on). Look for a current account linked with a debit card, don't forget to specifically ask about online transactions with that card.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    And DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT mistake a credit card with a debit card. What you need is a DEBIT card.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    K, now it's a bit more organised.

Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    (free card, free online-banking, lower fees and so on)
    I got all three. Hat trick Hat trick. Also...

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    And DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT mistake a credit card with a debit card. What you need is a DEBIT card.
    th1s. One million dollar advice, literally, in some very very nasty cases. Those when even Pyrokar's blueberry juice for 300 coins can't help.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

C-Hawk ist offline
    Pyrokar's blueberry juice
    Very funny
    So I need an DEBIT card, at my local bank, for $9.99=€6.87

edit: I'll try to get one today (Saturday)

edit2: I checked and the person I talked to, said they don't have such cards, so I think it should just be an creditcard or something... though I'd rather not.

edit3: I know, I'm a busy guy,3 edits, one day. I searched on the internet for a while and found this site: https://www.gamersgate.com/
    My mother(yes you read it right, my MOTHER) bought the game here, she used iDeal , but apparently she transferred the costs twice, because of https://www.moneybookers.com... don't ask me how, though I was sitting next to her when it happened

I sent https://www.moneybookers.com an email abou it, hope things will get right, or I have to pay her twice as well
    Geändert von C-Hawk (23.04.2011 um 22:00 Uhr)