Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 8 von 9 « Erste ... 456789 Letzte »
Ergebnis 141 bis 160 von 174
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #141
    banned

Assassin of Kings ist offline
    @WarTom: I don't see how that is a reason to leave the forum. The community doesn't have any fault for how the Gothic series ended, and most people hate arcania. That game can't be called Gothic at all, it's just a different random crappy game.

If PB were to make Gothic 5 (which should be Gothic 4 in fact, as arcania was anything but Gothic) I'm sure it would be an awesome game, as they've proven with Risen and now Risen 2 that they've learned from their mistakes with Gothic 3.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #142
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    WarTom! The judge is back!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #143
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von WarTom Beitrag anzeigen
    Gothic 3 and 4 is part of the reason why I faded away from the Gothic community.
    Ruining the Gothic series was a terrible thing to do. I still remember the hype and hope for Gothic 3 to be good, and when Gothic 4 was announced I already knew what was coming. I am warning you, dont hope for a good Gothic 5, if anything it will be even worse and going further away from what made Gothic 1 and 2 such great and amazing games.

At least Risen seems to be on the right track, and I am looking forward to the second. The Witcher 1 and 2 are also great alternatives, despite the lack of much free roaming.

Just my 50 billion cents.
    MY LIEGE

YOUR GLORIOUS RETURN SHEDS LIGHT UPON THIS DREARY HOVEL

4. Beiträge anzeigen #144
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    They can't make "Gothic 4",as the name(and,for me,the game itself) is already taken and exists.Who knows,maybe they will make a Gothic tied to Arcania's story,if that is legal

5. Beiträge anzeigen #145
    banned

Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    Who knows,maybe they will make a Gothic tied to Arcania's story,if that is legal
    NO WAY!!! arcania doesn't have anything to do with Gothic and it would be damn stupid of them if they tied Gothic 4 (or 5) with that shameful title. I'm sure that if PB is ever going to make a new Gothic, they will only tie it to the first 3 games, otherwise it would be a failure from the start.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #146
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    It does have many to do with Gothic.After all,it has the same characters,setting and...gameplay,in a more abstract way.That it doesn't meet our expectations is a different story

7. Beiträge anzeigen #147
    banned

No, it doesn't have the same characters and setting. It has only characters and places with the same names as in Gothic, which is a big difference. And I'm sure that PB will respect their fans and ignore arcania completely when and if they'll make another Gothic.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #148
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    NO WAY!!! arcania doesn't have anything to do with Gothic and it would be damn stupid of them if they tied Gothic 4 (or 5) with that shameful title. I'm sure that if PB is ever going to make a new Gothic, they will only tie it to the first 3 games, otherwise it would be a failure from the start.
    Exactly. If by any chance ,PB will decide to make a gothic 5 or hell knows , it would be better to ignore Arcania .

9. Beiträge anzeigen #149

ICFabian ist offline
    No, it doesn't have the same characters and setting. It has only characters and places with the same names as in Gothic, which is a big difference. And I'm sure that PB will respect their fans and ignore arcania completely when and if they'll make another Gothic.
    Nope. Arcania is Gothic 4, period. You can't erase a game's release from the memories of thousands of players.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #150
    banned

Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    Nope. Arcania is Gothic 4, period. You can't erase a game's release from the memories of thousands of players.
    No, it is not Gothic 4. The real fans of Gothic do not consider it Gothic 4, and most of the occasional players, who haven't even played the real Gothic, have probably forgotten about that game a long time ago because it was too retarded.

And I'm sure it's not very hard for PB to release a statement in which they declare arcania uncanonical, in case they want to continue the series.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #151
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    No, it is not Gothic 4. The real fans of Gothic do not consider it Gothic 4, and most of the occasional players, who haven't even played the real Gothic, have probably forgotten about that game a long time ago because it was too retarded.

And I'm sure it's not very hard for PB to release a statement in which they declare arcania uncanonical, in case they want to continue the series.
    Hey Calin, even after all these years of being a fail, you're still not an authority on what a real Gothic fan is and what he or she likes and doesn't like.

Arcania very clearly is Gothic 4. If it isn't, then PB probably won't re-acquire the rights to the series before it is released. Whether it's a good game, or a worthy continuation to the series is a different matter altogether.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #152

ICFabian ist offline
    No, it is not Gothic 4.
    Yes, it is.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #153
    banned

By title, it is Gothic 4, but only by title, only officially. Apart from that, after playing the game, I see no other reason to call it Gothic 4. And as a player and fan of Gothic since Gothic 1, I think that I have the right to ignore arcania and not consider it Gothic 4, ain't that right?

14. Beiträge anzeigen #154

Hellbilly ist offline
    Sure, Calin, but you don't have the right to deny others the right of considering it Gothic 4, like you try to do by saying "real fans don't consider it Gothic 4". As said, you're no authority on what makes a real Gothic-fan, so don't pretend to be one. But then again, who am I kidding? It's not like you'd say that for any real passion towards the series, you're just saying it to cause a stir, and telling you to not do it won't have any real effect, considering who I'm saying it to.

Also, Faby below makes a point. To which I'd add, the right-holders of the brand decided it is Gothic 4; rights, which the original creators had willingly given away. Thus, directly or indirectly, the original creators gave their sanction to JoWood to create an "official" continuation of Gothic. That it may have sucked as a game or as a continuation of the series is, still, a different matter. PB could of course continue the series like Arcania never happened, or to use the catchphrase you've adopted, make it "uncanonical".
    Geändert von Hellbilly (31.08.2011 um 08:29 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #155

ICFabian ist offline
    By title, it is Gothic 4, but only by title, only officially. Apart from that, after playing the game, I see no other reason to call it Gothic 4. And as a player and fan of Gothic since Gothic 1, I think that I have the right to ignore arcania and not consider it Gothic 4, ain't that right?
    It's Gothic 4, lolo.

1. It provides a continuation of the storyline
    2. It has recurring characters from the other Gothics
    3. It maintains a connection to the previous lore
    4. It has been endorsed by the publisher and game press as such
    5. It says so on the fucking box, and you did not make the box, nor can say anything about it

And no, you don't have any rights. You willingly paid for it, didn't you? Your fault, then. Shit happens.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #156
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    Sure, Calin, but you don't have the right to deny others the right of considering it Gothic 4, like you try to do by saying "real fans don't consider it Gothic 4".
    really sorry for the off-topic but i`m really ,really curios !
    Who do you call Calin?? That guy really exists? I`ve seen many users been called as Calin , was he a member of this forum ? All this time i thought he was a myth on these forums

17. Beiträge anzeigen #157
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    [*]It maintains a connection to the previous lore
    Jarkendar, the evil worshipers of Beliar.

Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Who do you call Calin??
    The assasin dude. The reason you saw many members called calin is because it is the same recurring character who doesn't get the point of not being wanted here. Not because he is a... person who's company is not pleasant (which he is), but because he keeps trolling, spamming and so on.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

18. Beiträge anzeigen #158

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, didn't they? I mean, they brought evil into the valley with the Claw, so you could call them Beliar worshippers, if only by dint of their leader worshipping him.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #159

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    As funny as that, and some other inconsistencies with the previous games are, let us not forget that even PB's did indulge in a fair share of revisionism themselves. What with Beliar being relegated to a uniformly evil "Satan"-deity in G2 whereas the whole trinity was presented in a more ambivalent light in G1, etc. And really, the whole idea of suddenly re-vamping the orcs to far more intelligent, (semi) civilized warrior tribes or warrior people with the thin pretext of inbred redneck orcs in Khorinis (or whatever)... IMO, that takes the cake.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #160

ICFabian ist offline
    I, for one, appreciate the take on Jharkendarians as being evil. I mean, views should differ across cultures. Maybe there's a culture in the Gothic world that regards Beliar as good and Innos as the god of evil, and maybe they don't have an Adanos at all.

Seite 8 von 9 « Erste ... 456789 Letzte »