Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 21 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 417
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Ranger Avatar von Nigel52

Nigel52 ist offline

Diary of a wimpy warior...

Guild/Class: 2H Mercenary (I'm playing 1H Paladin in my normal profile, so I wanted to try a merc)
    Name: Nigel Reimond
    Game: G2NotR

Day 1
    I exhausted the dialogue with Xardas at the beginning, and proceeded to do exactly like he said, and take everything I could find. I read the bookstands, took things from his chests, tables, shelves and even wood basket. Then I took all the herbs from downstairs, including the dragonroot and goblinberries (a great addition). The belt of force was promptly put on. I ate the dragonroot and goblinberries, which I now realize I should have saved...oh well.
    Feeling slightly safer with my sturdy stick in hand, I proceeded to kill the evil sheep with two blows. I went down towards the goblin and finished him off. He didn't hurt me. Feeling a bit puffed up, considering I had thought the goblin was going to kill me, I grabbed the bow hidden by the tree and entered the cave. I killed the goblin guard, and then the three other goblins. They took out half of my health, and I decided that it was probably not a good idea to proceed towards the field raiders, young as they were.
    Instead, I left the cave and headed towards town, killing the wolf on the way. This didn't seem as hard as it did the first time I played this part, which is probably bad because I'm going to get careless. Anyway, I talked to Cavalorn, and we went and killed the bandits. Sure, there are other ways to get mor XP, but I don't really care. I say the bandits got what they deserved.
    After this, I went to Lobart's farm, where I helped him pick turnips, talked to Matheld (or whoever the sheperd is), and got the pot from the traveling merchant. I didn't accept his pass, because I don't want to help him doing his dirty business, and I didn't think I'd be strong enough to deal with whatever he was going to do if I didn't fulfill my pledge.
    Anyway, I got the farmers clothes for 40 gold, and went into town. I avoided Greg, and just went behind the guards backs to get into town, since I've heard that there is some special things that can happen that way. I let Lothar explain the rules of the city to me, and called it a day...or an hour, or fifteen minutes or whatever.

I'll post more once I get a bit farther. Thanks for the encouragement! I haven't hit any of the hardest parts yet, so I'll see how I do. :)
    Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for another.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Nefekto

Nefekto ist offline
    @Nigel52: Since this is your first attempt at completing the hardcore challenge I'd suggest reading Der_John's thread, it's pretty helpful.

Also I added tip #9.
    Geändert von Nefekto (29.04.2011 um 22:02 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23

Nigel52 ist offline
    Cool, thanks! Before I read it, does it give to much info that is more fun to find out on yourself? Or is it just tips?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Nefekto

Nefekto ist offline
    Just take a peek at the notr part. You'll notice it's mostly useful hints.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25

Nigel52 ist offline
    Okay, will do. Thanks guys! And soon I'll post my next diary.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26

Nigel52 ist offline

Diary of a wimpy warrior...

Day 2
    To kick the day off, I went and began my long day/s of becoming an apprentice to Bosper the Bowmaker (I was an apprentice to the blacksmith before). First, I talked to Matteo. He told me about Gritta, who was Thorben's niece. I wanted to solve this differently than before, so I talked to Thorben. Then I went and listened to Gritta's story before threatening to sell her stuff (same as I did before). She forked over the gold. When I talked to Thorben, however, he told me that I needed to give him the gold, because she had taken it. I did, so I ended up losing 100 gold. But at least I wasn't paying for that stuck-up liar, Gritta.
    Next I got the hides for Bosper by going into the valley with Lester, avoiding the field raiders as I went. Lester told me that I could get into town by pretending to be Constatino's helper, so that is my plan. I was ready to sneak back into town, when I was caught by Greg. I gave him my farmer's clothes to get the XP, and was on my way to the smith. The carpenter and the smith both game me jobs to do, but before I got caught by the guards, I wanted to talk to Lares and get my XP bonus, which I did.
    However, there was a hitch. On my way, Moe decided I looked a little too rich. After I pissed him off, I ran away, worried about dying, towards Pablo. Pablo thought I was the attacker, and dealt me a crippling blow. I was then robbed, and left to die, recovering some time later. Luckily I had a spiked club in my reserve from the bandits.
    Feeling much more subdued,I went to Constatino to get his approval. He said he wanted nothing to do with criminals of my sort. Well! What I wasn't able to explain was that I didn't start the fight. Oh well. Next I went and got my blessing from Vatras, as well as got the "Ring-of-Water" quest. After having taken such a beating, I decided to call it a day. Having no money to speak of, I knew that I would have to sell more stuff or go to the fire mage Isgaroth. It was a daunting prospect, and I decided to call it another "day."

Thanks again for reading my "diary." I have changed my mind, and think I'll become a Paladin this time. However, I'll probably focus on being a dextrous mage/archer/paladin. I know, it's quite a combo. My current Paladin has lots of mana, however, and I feel that it should workout fine without runes. Suggestions? I haven't spent any of my LP yet, except for that which was needed to learn skinning.
    Geändert von Nigel52 (30.04.2011 um 03:13 Uhr) Grund: Forgot I had spent LP points to learn skinning

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Local Hero Avatar von Sorinash

Sorinash ist offline
    Ok I've started a gothic I hardcore game.
    Name: Sorinash_The_Sharpshooter (this name cuz I wanna use bow most of the time)
    Game: Gothic I
    Level so far: 3
    Guild: I still haven't made my mind, but in the end I guess I'm gonna be like "Hell yeah, mercenary as always". So yeah, mercenary
    Near-death experiences so far: wolfs... cuz I act too bravely and overconfident and that smells like death in hardcore games, doesn't it? But I was lucky so far...
    Yea and I plan to take it slowly... so it's gonna take a while to finish this. You know how they say though: slowly but surely ^_^

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Apprentice Avatar von Atrion

Atrion ist offline
    Hello there!

I'm planning to give it a try. I've already tried 2 times to see how it works and I died pretty fast. Is it forbidden to beat Biff and drop Dragon Slayer so he can take it and use to help me? In terms of cheating ofc.

Soon I'll start my journey. In the Colony of course.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29

Atrion ist offline
    Name: Atrion (convict 001)

Day 1
    After being beaten by Bullit and saved by Diego, I talked to him. He explained me what is going on in the Colony. He told me to meet him in the Old Camp. Well, I have to get out of here. I'll find some way to get past this barrier.

I decided to explore a little bit. I searched those two chests near some collapsed mine. Took a pickaxe and climbed. I wanted to see the area from above. I saw some scavengers (or whatever their name was) and killed them. Then I saw a goblin. "Easy prey", I thought. But... he ALMOST killed me! THAT'S IT! I'm going to the Camp.

I talked to those two hunters and walked inside the Old Camp. Diego explained me how can I join their Camp. Thorus, he is the one I was supposed to talk to, told me to stay close to Diego and follow he guidelines. He also gave me a special task. "Get rid of the Mordrag", he said. I decided to take a walk around the Camp. I talked to some of the Diggers and they told me to pay guards for protection. No way! I had to evade them but it wasn't impossible. Talked to Snaf, and promised to bring him some ingredients, and helped some shadow get his sword from Fisk. Dexter gave me an assignment to get some sort of recipe from Cor Kalom. I spoke with Mordrag and, after he persuaded me, went to New Camp.

When I saw some people working in the field (if you can call that a field), I talked to them and they told me to evade those guys near the building, which I managed. On my way to the Camp I also talked to Jarvis and Homer (or whatever his name was). There I brought Mordrag's ring to Lares and asked him if I could join them. He told me to steal and sell some guy's weed. Before that I decided to take a look at the mine. I meet Swiney, who gave me some clothes, and came back. Baal Kagan asked me to distribute 'free gifts' and asked me what kind of reward I wanted. I said "help me join the Swamp Camp", because you can never have too many options He gave me some sort of special weed. Inside the tavern (they let me in because I was dressed like one of the Moles), I met Baal Isidro and 'convinced' him to give me the weed. I sold it and gave the ore to Lares and Baal Isidro. I also talked to Mordrag (Lares wanted him to go to the Swamp Camp) and to the brewing guy who told me about Horace (?). Thanks to this he helped me to become stronger. Before I left I also bought a ring (Strength +5) and paid Cord to teach me how to use one handed sword.

Then I returned and gave Snaf what he wanted and talked to Thorus about my 'quest'. He wasn't very happy but thanked me for getting rid of the Mordrag. I also forged myself a sword - not the best sword in the world but it is better than nothing. It was almost night. I talked to a guy named 'Guy' and decided to call it a day. Who knows what will happen tomorrow.

STATS CHANGES:

Level 3
    Strength 30 (10LP, 5 from Horace and 5 from ring)
    One handed 1 level (10LP)

LP's left: 10
    Geändert von Atrion (02.05.2011 um 10:57 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30

Nigel52 ist offline
    Alright guys, I haven't died yet, but I haven't done much on my hardcore profile. Keep in mind I'm still playing my normal profile as well, and I want to pass the game. So, I'll try to stay in touch with my hardcore, but it won't be really often.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31

Atrion ist offline
    So you're playing two games at once?

PS. Does anyone read those dairies? Cause I'm new and I don't know.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Ranger Avatar von Untouchable

Untouchable ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Atrion Beitrag anzeigen

I like to read them, to see in which way they progress through the game

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33

Atrion ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Untouchable Beitrag anzeigen
    I like to read them, to see in which way they progress through the game
    It's nice that someone actually reads this. I thought it was pointless. Today I'm playing 'day 2 in the Colony' so tomorrow I'll post my progress

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34

Nigel52 ist offline

Yeah. I haven't passed the original game yet (I have the NotR addon), and just wanted to try it hardcore. But I'm still mostly playing my normal profile. Oh, and it's a good idea to post the stats of your 'character' each 'day.' I think I'll have to start doing that.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    PS. Does anyone read those dairies?
    I do, at least those that are a bit more than "completed quest X, killed monster Y, learned skill Z, continue tomorrow"... eg. the ones that contain either some degree of storytelling, some musing on the progress or discussion on motives on doing something etc.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36

Atrion ist offline
    Day 2

I woke up in my little house. I still couldn't believe it wasn't just a nightmare. I'm in THAT Colony. And it was raining. I have a bad feeling about this.

I went to Snaf to get something to eat and bought some lockpicks. I didn't know how to pick locks, but who knows, It can't be that difficult. I asked Diego for some training (str + 10) and I went to talk to Baal Parvez. I told him I want to join the Swamp Camp. We went there...

When we reached our destination, he told me to go to Cor Kalom. He will take care of me. The guards at the gate asked me why am I here. When I told them I want to join, they became very polite. Nice The first guy in the Camp I talked to was Lester. He gave me a broader view of what is going on in here. He said I can't talk to guru's until they will talk to me first. I asked him to show me the way to the Cor Kalom's laboratory and, on our way there, I asked him how can I convince Baal's to talked to me. He told me his plan about convincing Baal Namib.

I went to Cor Kalom, who didn't care about what I was saying, and when he wasn't watching I took that recipe from one of the chests. It wasn't that hard. Near the lab I met Fortuno, who gave me a free gift. More weed. Wow, they really smoke too much of this stuff. I went to Daron, the blacksmith, and took his stuff from his chest. It could prove to be useful if I was going to stay here a loooong time. On my way back I met Joru, who gave me a few hints after taking my 'free gift' And I recognized one of the Diggers from Old Camp. He was from that Camp. He told me his friend stayed in Old Camp and that he should come here ASAP. When I went to Lester he started talking to me in a different way. I said I wanted to join them and that I don't believe in other gods. It worked. Baal Namib told me he will support me. I decided to take a walk around the Camp and find something more to do here.

I met Ghorim, who was supposed to be relieved by Harlok. But he still didn't come. I decided to help him. I 'persuaded' Harlok to do it. He wasn't that tough. When I went to check If he will keep his word, Baal Orun told me to go to the swamp and get a daily portion of swamp weed. There I met a guy called Baal Netbek. I KNEW they shouldn't smoke that shit! Balor gave me his weed without any problem, but Viran wanted me to kill all nearby Bloodflies. I don't know if they are that weak or I am that strong, but it was piece of cake. I went to Cor Kalom to give him his weed and went back to Baal Orun. He gave ma a spell. I could put someone to sleep with it. Interesting.

I used my 'special weed' on Baal Tyon, which 'convinced' him to support my joining and use my spell on one of Baal Cadar's apprentice. It was very easy. He was shocked that someone could use, as he said, Sleeper's Magic and said he will teach me this stuff. The only guru left was Baal Tondral. He is a complete opposite to the other guru. He really talk too much. He asked me to bring some new members of the Camp. Hmm... Before I went back I bought a ring (+5 protection against weapons)

When I got back to Old Camp I met this 'Melvin's friend' and told him that his friend is waiting for him. Unfortunately he will need some ore to get out. I'll have to prepare myself for this trip.

I also met Bloodwyn, who wanted 'money for protection'. I declined because I'm not that weak anymore. He said I will regret that. We'll see...

I went to Diego for training and a guy named Grim said he knows how to get to the Old Camp faster. I prepared myself (str +20) and we went to take care of some bandits or something. I KNEW it will be a bad day. Bloodwyn hired them to punish me for not paying him. He wasn't man enough to face me personally. Of course I was too good for them. I decided not to stay for a night here. I went to New Camp. Here everyone was one their own. I talked to one of the mercenaries - Gorn. He said I can't join them - yet. But if I want to stay, I'll have to kick someone out of his house. He even said who I should kick out. There was a noisy fella. Pretty weak. After telling Gorn about my small victory he said I can keep that house. Great!

It was dark already so I decided to go to sleep.

STATS CHANGES:

Level 5
    Strength 60 (30LP)
    Ring (+5 protection against weapons)

LP's left: 0

PS. Hope you guys enjoy this. It take some time to write this (although it is not so sophisticated)
    PS2. Is it forbidden to beat Biff and drop Dragon Slayer so he can take it and use to help me? In terms of cheating ofc.
    Geändert von Atrion (04.05.2011 um 22:38 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37

Sorinash ist offline
    Sorinash_The_Sharpshooter's progress so far:
    Level: 7
    Guild: mercenary, cuz the bows fit to them the most
    Skills/Stats: Bow- master; 1h sword- fighter/Dex- 20; Str- 30 (with +5 str ring)
    Near death experiences: in the swamp camp I was hunting bloodflies, and I came upon a bloodfly that was standing beside a swampshark... I tried to atk it with my bow... the arrow stroke something... but not the bloodfly. After this I was like OH SHIT!! RUN!!! RUNNNNN!!!~ yeah I forgot to tell you- I was in sneak state and I had a hard time to toggle it back to normal... heheh. But eventually I managed to escaped, and that's what it matters

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38

Atrion ist offline
    Sorinash - I really think you risk too much Especially in such early part of the game.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39

Sorinash ist offline
    Especially in such early part of the game.
    The early part of the game is the only risky part if you ask me
    But what else makes a game more entertaining? Hardcore gaming+danger
    Risking makes the game funnier. Of course I can die, but after all, it's just a game, so it's not worth making a fuss about it
    Cuz if I'd just finish the game hardcore by doing it in the safest way I can, I wouldn't be satisfied at all.
    Geändert von Sorinash (05.05.2011 um 17:42 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40

Atrion ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sorinash Beitrag anzeigen
    Cuz if I'd just finish the game hardcore by doing it in the safest way I can, I wouldn't be satisfied at all.
    We'll talk when you die killed by some random orc in chapter 4-5 ;D (I died once :/ )

Seite 2 von 21 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »