Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 34 von 34
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Apprentice

MisterQwerty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Buccaneer Beitrag anzeigen
    A better comparison would be between the Vom and Khorinis in G2.
    The VoM in G2 was intended to be very different from what it was in Gothic 1, as the orcs had almost complete control and most of the life had been wiped out.
    In addition, if you were to make this comparison anyway, I still found the VoM in G2 pretty dull.

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Fnord Beitrag anzeigen
    I think it, in the end, should be up to the person playing, and how confident he/she feels with games like this. NoTR is hard, really hard, but it is also embedded in the game itself, so you can't simply play through G2 and then move straight to NoTR, you have to play through at least parts of G2 again in order to reach the NoTR section. I for one went straight for NoTR, and never played much of vanilla G2 (my first Gothic experience was with vanilla G2, but I never got very far into it). Actually finishing G2 with NoTR gives you a great sense of satisfaction, you know that you are good at these types of games if you can do it (without cheating).
    Wasn't really referring to difficulty.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Ranger

Buccaneer ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MisterQwerty Beitrag anzeigen
    The VoM in G2 was intended to be very different from what it was in Gothic 1, as the orcs had almost complete control and most of the life had been wiped out.
    In addition, if you were to make this comparison anyway, I still found the VoM in G2 pretty dull.
    Yes, the barren trees and brush would lend itself to a scorched earth look. But I think the difference is in the "grass" texture between G1 and the later games. Dull, earth tone splotches had to pass for grasslands in G1.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Apprentice

MisterQwerty ist offline
    I'm not getting it. Do you think that, when G1 was made, they lacked the technology to make textures greener?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Ranger

Buccaneer ist offline
    A greener palette, yes, but still blurry and dull.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Apprentice

MisterQwerty ist offline
    They could have made the grass brighter green, and it would have been a more vibrant atmosphere. I know the textures were low quality, but they weren't limited to such dull greens like dead grass.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Cryofax Beitrag anzeigen
    Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I programmed my gamepad (Logitech with profiler) for use with it. The keyboard/mouse combo before was annoying and this makes a huge difference.
    That is because mouse is only used to look around, you are supposed to play with both hands at keyboard.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Apprentice

Cryofax ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kraszu Beitrag anzeigen
    That is because mouse is only used to look around, you are supposed to play with both hands at keyboard.
    Yes I know. But freelook using keyboard is awkward, and having to switch back and forth between keyboard/mouse is also awkward. Gamepad is the ideal solution for me. It flows perfectly for me like this:

Left analog stick : move, scroll menu/inventory
    Right analog stick : look/turn
    DPad Up : Draw/Put away close combat weapon
    DPad Down : Draw/Put away ranged weapon
    DPad Left : Spell #1 (4)
    DPad Right : Spell #2 (5)
    Left Shoulder Button : Stat Sheet
    Right Shoulder Button : Quest Log
    Left Trigger : Toggle Run/Walk (It's set to CAPS Lock)
    Right Trigger : Sneak
    A : Use Button
    B : Jump
    X : ENTER (Selecting dialogue options etc)
    Y : First Person Look Mode
    SELECT : Inventory
    START : ESC (Menu)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Hero Avatar von .†.MikeL.†.

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Playing Gothic with a gamepad would feel extremely awkward and annoying for me. I use gamepad in the games of the likes Silent Hill, The Hobbit and console emulators.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Apprentice

Cryofax ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von .†.MikeL.†. Beitrag anzeigen
    Playing Gothic with a gamepad would feel extremely awkward and annoying for me. I use gamepad in the games of the likes Silent Hill, The Hobbit and console emulators.
    Of course it's all a matter of preference, and any control scheme takes a bit to get used to, but I played the game a while with keyboard+mouse, then just keyboard, and when I went to the gamepad it was instantly a better experience. And this coming from a hardcore WASD/Mouse guy.

BTW I'm level 18 now, and have recovered 3 of the 5 magic stones. The game constantly surprises me with neat little details that immerse you in its world. So many things simply lacking in modern "dumbed down" RPGs. Despite the fact that admittedly the game is loaded with bugs (some game breaking) and occasional frustrations, it is far worth it for anyone who wants to experience a true adventure. I'm looking forward to Gothic 2! The only question is should I play Vanilla first or go straight for NOTR? heh.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master

Mage Master ist offline
    wow... it seems like playing with a mage like this will suck, only 2 spells at a time. Maybe you should set one of them to "draw weapon" since wen you hold it down you can press forward/backward to select which weapon you want to draw, and with the spells you can see all equipped spells and select one of them with left/right. I think that using a game-pad will make it felll consolish, if that's what you like I guess it works

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Apprentice

Cryofax ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Mage Master Beitrag anzeigen
    wow... it seems like playing with a mage like this will suck, only 2 spells at a time. Maybe you should set one of them to "draw weapon" since wen you hold it down you can press forward/backward to select which weapon you want to draw
    Yes if I were to play a mage on another play-through the control scheme would be geared more toward spells. This first time through I'm more a Ranger/Thief type. I did try the "select weapon" thing and it was too clunky and slow during the heat of battle, but for a mage it would probably be just fine. You can still push the keyboard keys to select spells as well.

Zitat Zitat von Mage Master Beitrag anzeigen
    , and with the spells you can see all equipped spells and select one of them with left/right. I think that using a game-pad will make it felll consolish, if that's what you like I guess it works
    Going for a "console feel" wasn't really the intention. I typically play my games with keyboard/mouse (unless it's something that was made for a gamepad like an emulator etc). So yes it's a little more "consolish", but I simply could not stand the crude keyboard control setup.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Apprentice

Cryofax ist offline
    Just finished the game... What a memorable experience. I'd be sad to see it end if I didn't have Gothic 2 to look forward to!

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Ranger Avatar von Untouchable

Untouchable ist offline
    Yes I know. But freelook using keyboard is awkward, and having to switch back and forth between keyboard/mouse is also awkward. Gamepad is the ideal solution for me. It flows perfectly for me like this:

Are you using third-party program like Xpadder, or just the default mapping keys?

I was using Xpadder on xp and it worked very good, but now I have windows 7 and for some reason Xpadder dosen't work with G2. +

Lol, nevermind. I just changed compatibility to xp sp3 and it worked!
    Geändert von Untouchable (28.04.2011 um 15:55 Uhr) Grund: Nevermind

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12