Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 43
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    #16  Avatar von Forenperser

Forenperser ist offline
    No, spend your money for better games or save it, but ArcaniA is not worth it.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Knight Avatar von Stalagmite

Stalagmite ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Aetherian Beitrag anzeigen
    Much funner than Risen? Well, I guess there's no accounting for taste. The voice acing is almost painful at times, sometimes humorous at others without intentionally trying to be because it's so bad. Gameplay is like others have said, click, click, click, click, win. But some people do like it, so.....enjoy.
    That's why I put it on the highest difficulty, dur. :P
    This game is much more playable than Risen, the voice acting is quite weak but that's not a damnable factor on its own, most PB games have very weak acting as well. Combat is much funner, feels more versatile and less clunky than Risen's combat.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Ranger

Buccaneer ist offline
    I would not pay full price for it. It was good for a few days of gameplay but that's about it. And yes, I enjoyed it better than Risen (and of course, FG).

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    The biggest problem with Risen is that its combat is challenging - and not due to bugs or bad design (mostly). But some people have no respect for challenges, so I guess they'll probably like Arcania more than Risen. One more reason why Risen is so difficult is that PB caters to people who prefer immersion over stupid help features like gigantic exclamation marks.

Unfortunately, the absence of exclamation marks presents a challenge to the player, and only masochistic ones like myself love such challenges. Ah well, so sad......
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    #16  Avatar von Forenperser

Forenperser ist offline
    Sorry, but people who say that Arcania is better then Risen can't be serious.

Risen is no revelation, no, but ArcaniA is casual-trash at its best.

Nothing stands out, really nothing.
    (And please, don't say Graphics now)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Local Hero Avatar von Eidolon

Eidolon ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Stalagmite Beitrag anzeigen
    That's why I put it on the highest difficulty, dur. :P
    This game is much more playable than Risen, the voice acting is quite weak but that's not a damnable factor on its own, most PB games have very weak acting as well. Combat is much funner, feels more versatile and less clunky than Risen's combat.
    I happened to like the VA in Gothic 1+2:P

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Warrior Avatar von Colmar

Colmar ist offline
    At least first try the demo, since you can see many things: a natural environment, a village, different creatures, some undergrounds (in the game all the undergrounds are quite the same), fighting and magic.

However, my answer: no.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Ranger

Buccaneer ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NatDis Beitrag anzeigen
    The biggest problem with Risen is that its combat is challenging - and not due to bugs or bad design (mostly). But some people have no respect for challenges, so I guess they'll probably like Arcania more than Risen. One more reason why Risen is so difficult is that PB caters to people who prefer immersion over stupid help features like gigantic exclamation marks.

Unfortunately, the absence of exclamation marks presents a challenge to the player, and only masochistic ones like myself love such challenges. Ah well, so sad......
    Both games got about 3-4 days of gameplay from us and that's it. There's no denying that Risen was more challenging and a much better game. But as a non-RPG gamer (apart from the Gothic series) and a mage fighter exclusively, I thought Risen's world was too weird and too many caves/tombs (which was Gothic 4's problem too). I have no interested in replaying either one but will easily play Gothic 1-3 again.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    banned

Assassin of Kings ist offline
    Well, it's your money so you should take that decision yourself, but only after playing the demo. My opinion is that Arcania isn't worth it's price. Risen is better in everything, so if you haven't played it yet go for it.

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    I do not use Steam,but does Arcania have a bargain price now,or is it still 60 dollars?
    You missed it. Arcania and the whole Gothic series, including the palatable titles, went on sale multiple times lately, there were even two bumpy threads here.
    At one point you could buy the whole series Gothic through Arcania for twenty-something €uro. Now you can forget about it, unless you want to pay fifty €uro just for Arcania, which is the kind of payment which should be reserved for, I don't know, The Witcher 2 or something. Not Arcania by any rate.
    Geändert von Bastardo (10.04.2011 um 02:13 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    Knight Avatar von Stalagmite

Stalagmite ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NatDis Beitrag anzeigen
    The biggest problem with Risen is that its combat is challenging - and not due to bugs or bad design (mostly).
    If by "challenging" you mean "trial and error" than yes. Spending all that time in Risen forging my own two-handed sword, going through all sorts of mundane quests and level ups to achieve this, only to be pulverized STILL, by small groups of spikerats didn't seem very rewarding. "OH! Let me quest some more and drop more skills into swordmanship so I can beat those spikerats!" did not hold much prospect, it was quite immersion breaking actually.

But some people have no respect for challenges, so I guess they'll probably like Arcania more than Risen.
    I'm about halfway through the game on the hardest difficulty, it goes from 'challenging' to 'very challenging' quite soon.

One more reason why Risen is so difficult is that PB caters to people who prefer immersion over stupid help features like gigantic exclamation marks.
    Risen does have a bit more of an immersion factor than Arcania, until you get to chapter 3 or so and then you kill lizards until end-boss, that is. Arcania may not have a purely original storyline, but progressing through the game is not a hinderance by any means. It's flowed decently and sometimes humourously so far.
    Also, I recall no exclamation marks while playing Arcania, maybe because I was too busy playing the game.

Unfortunately, the absence of exclamation marks presents a challenge to the player
    Not all players
    Geändert von Stalagmite (10.04.2011 um 10:20 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    If by "challenging" you mean "trial and error" than yes. Spending all that time in Risen forging my own two-handed sword, going through all sorts of mundane quests and level ups to achieve this, only to be pulverized STILL, by small groups of spikerats didn't seem very rewarding. "OH! Let me quest some more and drop more skills into swordmanship so I can beat those spikerats!" did not hold much prospect, it was quite immersion breaking actually.
    Indeed? From experience, I think that you probably tried a clickfest on them, without paying attention. Like G1 and G2, timing the click is important in Risen, although mistimed clicks only result in slower attacks in Risen instead of interrupting the combo. A few levels are more than sufficient to be able to easily handled stingrats. Also, if you did take damage from the stingrats, bear in mind that your armour must not even have been decent. By the time you get to wear a warrior's armour (Bandits), a Guard armour (Inquisition) or mages' robes (Magicians), you should be strong enough to deal lots of damage per hit to wolves and weaker beasts, without taking much damage.

Risen does have a bit more of an immersion factor than Arcania, until you get to chapter 3 or so and then you kill lizards until end-boss, that is. Arcania may not have a purely original storyline, but progressing through the game is not a hinderance by any means. It's flowed decently and sometimes humourously so far.
    I was talking of gameplay immersion and I should say that Risen is far more immersive than Arcania at all times. But yes, the Chapter 3 and 4 are mostly boring in Risen, except the first time you play the game. Fortunately, it seems that this particular complaint will be addressed in Risen 2. And no, Risen doesn't feature a particularly original story either.

Also, I recall no exclamation marks while playing Arcania, maybe because I was too busy playing the game.
    So you disabled quest helpers then?
    Or are they actually turned off by default?

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Ranger

Buccaneer ist offline
    Seems like a lot of comments regarding the comparative quality of G1, G2, G3, G4 and Risen are based on swordfighting. But what if one hates swordfighting and avoids it unless there's no other choice? In other words, does playing the games as a mage changes things? To me, the different kind of swords and their movements does nothing for me but trying to find (and use) a rare scroll does.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline

Of course arcania is greater ! after all the game was developed for USA market :-)

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #35
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian

Aetherian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Of course arcania is greater ! after all the game was developed for USA market :-)
    Whatever.........

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Ahem, the kind of players that Arcania caters to is called the Console Gamer crowd all over the world. And it apparently fails to please them anyway. But most PC gamers (worth calling PC gamers) in the US don't like Arcania either.

Zitat Zitat von Buccaneer Beitrag anzeigen
    Seems like a lot of comments regarding the comparative quality of G1, G2, G3, G4 and Risen are based on swordfighting. But what if one hates swordfighting and avoids it unless there's no other choice? In other words, does playing the games as a mage changes things? To me, the different kind of swords and their movements does nothing for me but trying to find (and use) a rare scroll does.
    Let's see.....
    G1/G2 utilise scrolls and runes for each spell.
    G3 utilises permanent memorised spells instead of runes - eliminating the part about selling any extra rune you might find.
    G3 also has some bad balancing issues when it comes to magic.

G1/G2 clearly have a much better magic system than Arcania.
    And I think that G3 also has a better magic system than Arcania, despite the balancing issues.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    Ranger

Buccaneer ist offline
    NatDis, I agree with you but playing each of the four Gothics as a mage was quite similar in tactics, apart from how one obtains spells/runes/scrolls and the balance issues. I was making a contrast to the subtleties you mentioned about swordfight clicking to the sameness of fighting with a fireball et al. If I recall, I found fighting as a mage more tedious in Risen than Arcania despite the latter's stupid upgrade system. NotR was the best (more challenging), followed by G3 (best selections).

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Buccaneer Beitrag anzeigen
    NatDis, I agree with you but playing each of the four Gothics as a mage was quite similar in tactics, apart from how one obtains spells/runes/scrolls and the balance issues. I was making a contrast to the subtleties you mentioned about swordfight clicking to the sameness of fighting with a fireball et al. If I recall, I found fighting as a mage more tedious in Risen than Arcania despite the latter's stupid upgrade system. NotR was the best (more challenging), followed by G3 (best selections).
    well risen kinda forced you to fight with the staff due to the lack of spells (and i didn't rely on those shard stuff so i can't say how strong it is)

but it is still far above arcania

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39
    Apprentice

MisterQwerty ist offline
    I lol'd.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40
    Just arrived

Kr3at0r ist offline
    well don't spend money useless i spent em and lawl was a total fayul ... forsaken gods allmost same game bugs as g3 and arcania well nice story but dam it's too short finished it in about 10h

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »