Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 112
  1. #1 Zitieren
    PowerGamer ist offline Geändert von PowerGamer (10.05.2013 um 19:45 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    Thanks a lot for this great piece of work!

However there's one problem: If you didn't forget about mentioning it in the change log, the patch does not fix the experience bug that occurs when using the retro quest message system.

So one might like to use both your patch and NicoDE's. But since they overlap (OnQuestSuccess_CloseQuestWine) there's always a messagebox appearing in the background upon starting the game (script is already overridden by Script_Game_Patch.dll) which is quite annoying cause it requires the user again and again to press ctrl+alt+del and close it to get to the start screen...

It would be nice if both of you could add a check to the fixes' initialisations preventing (without asking the user) the original script function from being overridden twice.

Of course it would be even better if you and NicoDE merged the two dlls.

----------------------------------------------------

@Nico: What happened to your orange starlets?
    Baltram ist offline Geändert von Baltram (06.04.2011 um 18:54 Uhr)

3. #3 Zitieren
    Ranger
    Zitat Zitat von Baltram Beitrag anzeigen
    However there's one problem: If you didn't forget about mentioning it in the change log, the patch does not fix the experience bug that occurs when using the retro quest message system.
    I didn't include it because I do not like RQMS. In my opinion new Risen QMS is much better and RQMS was not intended to be used at all (if I recall correctly developers also stated that). Here is an example why: after NicoDE's fix upon completion of some quests (such as "In Harbour Town!") player receives XP (which is printed on game screen) without having any clue what this XP is rewarded for.

If you absolutely must use RQMS you can always recompile NicoDE's Script_Mod_Fixes.dll from RisenSDK with RQMS fix only and put that dll into bin\scripts folder - that would be fully compatible with my patch.
    Of course it would be even better if you and NicoDE merged the two dlls.
    Here is one of the reasons I wouldn't do it (also this is probably why NicoDE haven't done that already): some changes in my dll wouldn't work, would work incorrectly or will be useless without the rest of the patched files which are not part (and probably shouldn't be part) of RisenSDK.
    PowerGamer ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    research Avatar von NicoDE
    Zitat Zitat von PowerGamer Beitrag anzeigen
    I didn't include it because I do not like RQMS.
    And that's why you force all players to not use it?
    Please include it and give the players the option to use it without the serious bugs.
    "Unter diesen schwierigen Umständen bin ich mir sicher, daß diese guten Menschen meinen augenblicklichen Bedarf an deren Gold verstehen werden." -- Connor
    NicoDE ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    I didn't include it because I do not like RQMS. In my opinion new Risen QMS is much better and RQMS was not intended to be used at all (if I recall correctly developers also stated that).
    In the German boards there are quite some people (like me) who like it very much . The RQMS is not officially supported but it did be intended to be used (it was some kind of 'gift' to the community).
    Here is an example why: after NicoDE's fix upon completion of some quests (such as "In Harbour Town!") player receives XP (which is printed on game screen) without having any clue what this XP is rewarded for.
    That's of course not too lovely, you're right.
    you can always recompile NicoDE's Script_Mod_Fixes.dll
    I could do so but that would help only me (I couldn't publicize it since it's not my work). But maybe I'll think of a better solution (different point of time for XP reward) and create some own fix for this...

EDIT:
    @Nico
    Would you mind me trying to use your code as a basis for some (hopefully) more immersive solution?

I think of something like summing up the lost skill modifiers and experience points until the player goes to sleep and then displaying some nice text (about inspiring dreams or so) and applying the stored modifications.
    Baltram ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Would you mind me trying to use your code as a basis for some (hopefully) more immersive solution?
    There is a reason why I chose an attribution/non-commercial/share-alike license for the RisenSDK- I want the code to be freely and easily shared between modification developers. Just mention my name in the last corner of your read-me and you’re safe
    "Unter diesen schwierigen Umständen bin ich mir sicher, daß diese guten Menschen meinen augenblicklichen Bedarf an deren Gold verstehen werden." -- Connor
    NicoDE ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Ranger
    Zitat Zitat von NicoDE Beitrag anzeigen
    And that's why you force all players to not use it?
    I think I have given sufficient arguments as to why I do not like RQMS. Besides I do not force anyone to do anything, in particular I do not force anyone to use this patch. Also, I did made all source code of the patch freely available with permission for anyone to do anything with it (so that people that see the game differently can implement whatever they like). And I can say in advance - if the people start asking me to change things in this patch I do not like or I am not covinced to do - I won't do them. Sorry, but this is my opinion on what and how should be fixed, my vision of the game, something anyone have a right to be entitled to.

Zitat Zitat von NicoDE Beitrag anzeigen
    Please include it and give the players the option to use it without the serious bugs.
    As for this particular feature I have already said that it can be easly implemented as a separate dll, which will not conflict with the patch. If you so desire you can (as an author) compile and post it here with whatever description you want.
    PowerGamer ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    ok, ok, I got the point. I changed the SDK to avoid conflicts with your patch.
    NicoDE ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von Aun
    Very nice, thank you.
    je suis Today
    Aun ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Hi!

Thanks for fixing all this stuff!

There's one thing I'd like to change in this patch, just for me...
    You fixed the Rhobart Needs Weed exploit! So, I'd like to undo that change... Gothic 2 & NOTR had some similar exploits in them too, so I figured that this one was intentional by the developers.

I found the script that made the change, and changed it accordingly:
    KALVERAMX2B_00528.xinf

If this is all I want to change, do I need to download the RisenSDK to recompile this, or is there a packing tool that can take care of this?
    cryoknight ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Ranger
    Zitat Zitat von cryoknight Beitrag anzeigen
    There's one thing I'd like to change in this patch, just for me...
    You fixed the Rhobart Needs Weed exploit! So, I'd like to undo that change... Gothic 2 & NOTR had some similar exploits in them too, so I figured that this one was intentional by the developers.
    How can an exploit be intentional? Similar exploits present in Gothic and now in Risen point only to the fact, that testing in Piranha Bytes is still sh..., I mean, not as good as it should be.
    Zitat Zitat von cryoknight Beitrag anzeigen
    I found the script that made the change, and changed it accordingly:
    KALVERAMX2B_00528.xinf
    If this is all I want to change, do I need to download the RisenSDK to recompile this, or is there a packing tool that can take care of this?
    You do not need RisenSDK, you will need Script_Library to decompile and recompile .xinf scripts into compiled_infos.bin and risenpak to pack it into library.p01 file.
    PowerGamer ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Neuling
    Question: why haven't you add the Ambient Sound Fix of Killer-m?
    lowenz ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    As far as I know, the ambient sound fix consists of numerous sound files, whereas the unofficial patch is only concerned with script fixes, not sound files.

Will try the patch the next time I install Risen!
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Ranger
    Zitat Zitat von lowenz Beitrag anzeigen
    Question: why haven't you add the Ambient Sound Fix of Killer-m?
    Never heard of that fix before, can you provide a link please?
    PowerGamer ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    I think I saw it in the MDS, and it removed the silence at the beginning of several sound files to make them loop correctly. Can't find the thread though, I think it might be somewhere over in the Deutsch section.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Neuling
    You can see it in the Mod Starter List!
    lowenz ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Ranger
    OK, I downloaded and took a look at that Ambient Sound Fix. The author decoded mp3 data into wav from original ._xsnd files and trimmed silent parts from the wavs (to make sound loop correctly). Afterwards, the author replaced mp3 data in the original ._xsnd file with wav data but didn't modify the header of ._xsnd file (documented almost completely by NicoDE) at all. As a result only approx. 10% of the wav data is actually played by the game. Besides, the fact that the game manages to play wav data instead of mp3 data is surprising by itself. Currently we do not know how replacing mp3 data with wav data should be reflected in ._xsnd header (maybe currently undocumented "unknown" field of the header should specify sound data format?).

I'll see if I can come up with a better solution (by trimming some frames from mp3 data and modifying the ._xsnd header accordingly).
    PowerGamer ist offline Geändert von PowerGamer (13.04.2011 um 18:56 Uhr)

18. #18 Zitieren
    Neuling
    News?
    lowenz ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Halbgott Avatar von Kyle07
    Wow I'm surprised that there is an unofficial patch from the community.
    And it's interesting to know that most bug was already reported to the developers before releasing 1.10

Oh yes now my question, I'm not sure having Risen patched on version 1.10
    I'm playing the Steamversion of Risen and if I look at the Taskmanager, than I can read that the Versionnumber is 1.0.95642

So have I now 1.10 or not?
    My Version Number is very close to it.
    Kyle07 ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Ranger
    Zitat Zitat von Kyle07 Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh yes now my question, I'm not sure having Risen patched on version 1.10
    I'm playing the Steamversion of Risen and if I look at the Taskmanager, than I can read that the Versionnumber is 1.0.95642

So have I now 1.10 or not?
    Usually all games on Steam already contain lastest update available. Steam version of Risen is no exception and is already patched with official patch 1.10. "Risen.exe" in retail boxed copy of the game updated with official patch 1.10 also shows version number 1.0.95642.
    PowerGamer ist offline

Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... Letzte »