Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 99
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von UR1Z13L Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't like that the hero is and avatar of Adanos :P
    Well it wasn't really clear in Gothic 1 but in Gothic 2 NotR and Gothic 3 it does become clear that he's the avatar of Adanos
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    (also note the conversation with Raven in NotR, interesting? Isn't it?).

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    this:
    Gothicz.net: As we know, the magic barrier in G1 was created by twelve magicians plus Xardas. In the Colony we can find precisely the same count of them, however the fire mage Milten came in to the Colony after the Barrier was created. So we are missing one fire mage. It seems to me quite impossible, that you would overlook this disharmony. So what happened to this unknown mage?
    Mike: The Magic barrier was created by 12 magicians, Xardas being one of them! When Xardas left the old camp, there were only 5 Mages left.. So they took Milten as an apprentice, when he was thrown into the prison after the barrier had been created. There is a dialogue in the game where one of the mages gets the numbers wrong. I think it was Saturas... I noticed that error, fixed it and some ex-team member of mine "fixed" it back because he didn't understand the background. There is no missing mage. The guy just messed it up
    so there was too many threads about it, and the answer is really really simple
    another mystery solved

and this
    Gothicz.net: Have you ever thought about the past of the Nameless hero? I mean like what crime he commited etc. Or you just picked a random man without the past and put him into the Colony?
    Mike: Nobody is innocent.
    so in this interview i think about hundred question threads in wog were answered

and:
    Gothicz.net: Mike, last question. If you had a chance to win the rights for Gothic back, would you consider it? Is there a possibility, that you ever develop another Gothic?
    Mike: We get the rights to Gothic back when we have finished Risen 2. Why? Because we did only sell them to our ex-publisher for a certain amount of time

Wise move.

Thanks for the questions, see you on the net.

Mike
    so game isn't Jowood's anymore?
    Geändert von Zeri0n (04.04.2011 um 17:53 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Kämpfer Avatar von Bakka85

Bakka85 ist offline
    The interview was very interesting, ive never seen M. Hoge talking so freely. How accurate is the translation? Did he answered in english? Because we havent heard anything from PB about the rights of the Gothic franchise. If he really claimed that they get the rights back only after Risen 2, then its really big news. So Jowood could have possibly produced Gothic 5. Arcania isnt Gothic for me, but thats another story. Its simply hard to believe that he answered this question, M. Rüve denies any access to such information.

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Waldläufer Avatar von El Kamil

El Kamil ist offline
    We and Mike communicated in english, so Mike's answers are written by Mike in person. No translation ... Only a few spelling corrections ...

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    It must have been awesome, though, even if the communication was over the internet. To actually get to converse with the genius behind it all... wow.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bakka85 Beitrag anzeigen
    Its simply hard to believe that he answered this question, M. Rüve denies any access to such information.
    Might be they had some sort of non-disclosure clause in the agreement with JW, but if the contract's running out (or has already run out), they might not be under it anymore. Or perhaps it was just a gentleman's gesture by PB to not disclose too much when it might've put JW into a position of disadvantage.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Kämpfer Avatar von Bakka85

Bakka85 ist offline
    Im a Gothic fan from the beginning, but even i learned some new stuff. Very excellent questions, really nice. Im still shocked about the rights. After the split of PB and JW we heard (german forum), that JW can produce G4 and for G5 PB had a first option possibility, so JW had to ask Pb if they dont want to develop it first. Little time later we just heard that both parties found a compromise and anything could have happened. In the german forum M. Rüve always says, that they cant buy something back that is already theirs. But still, giving rights away for two full games...and then to JW....its hard.

@El Kamil
    Are you the admin of the site? I really like the layout of the site, also the questions came from true fans. How is the community doing in Czech Republic?

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Waldläufer Avatar von El Kamil

El Kamil ist offline
    Yes, I am. Well, we are doing great, thanks for asking. People are still interested in things concerning the Gothic series, even if it's not an annoucement of another Gothic game. Arcania pissed off really many our fans, so we are waiting what happens next ...

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Ranger Avatar von GmanXTS

GmanXTS ist offline
    Gothic RULZ all

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Sword Master Avatar von UR1Z13L

UR1Z13L ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NCONiall Beitrag anzeigen
    [SPOILER](also note the conversation with Raven in NotR, interesting? Isn't it?).
    I think that he said it just to mock,confuse him Didnt you see how angry Raven got.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    So we were right.
    Mikael Grizzly should be real happy now. I guess we can close that annoying thread once and for all and declare that UD was the Sleeper, or at least carried his energy inside him.

And then the 12 mages question - a guy messed it up. Well, that was a bummer.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Hero Avatar von .†.MikeL.†.

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Mike: We get the rights to Gothic back when we have finished Risen 2. Why? Because we did only sell them to our ex-publisher for a certain amount of time

Wise move.
    So wise indeed. I never really thought of that possibility, why didn't they say that earlier?

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Ranger Avatar von carnage12

carnage12 ist offline
    Thank Innos, the PB will have the Gothic rights back when Risen 2 will be released(2012).

Wise indeed.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz

Powaz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    Mikael Grizzly should be real happy now. I guess we can close that annoying thread once and for all and declare that UD was the Sleeper, or at least carried his energy inside him.
    That feels good.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35
    Veteran Avatar von kojocel

kojocel ist offline
    Thanks for sharing.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde
    Zone Survival Guide: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    Adventurer Avatar von Pyrokar16C

Pyrokar16C ist offline
    Thanks for sharing it with us, some fantastic answers from Mike.
    "Form an alliance with them ! This could be the only way to fight Beliar." (Xardas)
    "...And there were both Order and Chaos at the same time.."(Vatras, Mage of the Water)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    Ranger Avatar von Arkose

Arkose ist offline
    Many thanks for a great interview. It's interesting that they are going to be getting the rights back so soon--the way the previous statements were worded made it sound like Jowood would hold their share of the rights until at least Gothic 5.

The mention of doing a different game or setting is interesting. While traditional fantasy is my favourite I can understand wanting a change, and I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever they end up making.

Now we just need a release date for Risen II so I have something to mark on my calendar. Maybe September 19?

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Negru Voda Beitrag anzeigen
    The guy actually resembles NH. Never knew that before.
    Great interview anyway and a nice ending question
    That's been known for AGES.
    Redactionist of PC Player, Mike, VIVA moderator Niels.
    So yeah...

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39
    Apprentice Avatar von sub7zero

sub7zero ist offline
    Risen 2 (~2012) >>>> PB Gothic 5 "if there is any " (~2014)

well that's alot of time but still worth waiting

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40
    Sword Master Avatar von UR1Z13L

UR1Z13L ist offline
    This interview is so great and interesting they should do them more often :]

Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »