Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 27
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

MisterQwerty ist offline

G2:NotR EXP Run

Okay, I'm going to do a run through of Gothic II: Night of the Raven in an attempt to get the highest recorded level without cheats, or game-breaker exploits. (What is it, anybody know?)

Of course, this is going to require quite a boatload of tips and tricks, involving getting into Jharkendar in Ch 2, as well as running through every single recruitment quest for mercenary and paladin before joining a guild. Stuff like that.

What I'm looking for is a list of tips and things, and answers to a few questions, listed here:

1. Which guild should I join?
    2. What build should I go for?
    3. For quests with multiple options, which ones should I do?
    4. Anything else?

I'm also going to try to milk everything for as much EXP as possible. For example, I'll destroy the claw of Beliar and other stuff like that.

NOTE: I WILL NOT BE PLAYING HARDCORE.
    Geändert von MisterQwerty (03.04.2011 um 05:32 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Local Hero

Cyclops1953 ist offline
    1st off,getting into Jharkendar in Ch 1 is impossible without cheats.

Saturas will not give you the repaired ring ornament unless you get a letter from Vatras saying he trusts you.Vatras will not give you the letter until you have delivered your message to Lord Hagan,you must ask Hagan how you are going to open the gate to VoM.this will start Chapter 2

You can not get the letter before this so you can not go to Jharkendar before Ch 2.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Apprentice

MisterQwerty ist offline
    Alright, my bad. That was one of the reasons I posted this.
    I'll fix that, thank you.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Go for a dexterity based mage.You will need to complete all militia and mercenary quests that you can,and after that,join the monastery.You will also need to clear all monsters in CH1 from the New World.You will also need to go to Jarkhendar in CH2.When you return,you will have to go to the old world and slay all the orcs around the castle(they will respawn in CH3,and maybe in CH4 too,not sure,and they are worth a lot of exp).You will also need to learn the pickpocket skill from Cassandra in order to pickpocket NPCS (this is very important,they are all worth a lot of exp,gold and additional things).Don't forget in CH5 to open the castle door in the old camp to let all the orcs come in.You may also want to knock down every NPC in the major cities and around them,the gold penalty is rather insignificant.
    Through these methods,I have achieved level 57 in NOTR without any cheats or bug abuse

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    <fanboi>
    Or simply use Heights of Power.
    </fanboi>

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    about monster respawn:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    there is some monster respawn in Jharkendar in CH4 as far as I remember. a troll and some dragon snappers appear - one of the best for gaining experience

I would choose mercenary - even in the end you'll get some extra exp points completing Ship captain quest -
    about 20 orcs including elite and shamans and some extra wargs you'll have deal with

pickpocket every person, even those "nearly impossible"

collect every shadowbeast horn for Buster

in jharkendar dig every treasure with pickaxe (I am not sure but I think this gives some exp points as well) also in Jharkendar dont forget stunt bonus and bring every swamp weed you can find in VoM, new world or Jharkendar to that loonie Fortuno plus some additional quests with that dude

help Diego to escape a VoM and
    bring him to G1 exchange area for extra 500 exp Nostalgia bonus points

and I don't know if that counts but beat every citizen and farmer. of course you'll have to pay some charges for that

thats it for now, hope it will help

Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    <fanboi>
    Or simply use Heights of Power.
    </fanboi>
    he said he gonna play original G2NOTR game, so probably without any paches or extra mods
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    and I don't know if that counts but beat every citizen and farmer. of course you'll have to pay some charges for that
    Or leave it to just before you depart for Irdorath; you'll probably be able to avoid paying fees for some of these then.

Did you get XP when a summoned creature kills a foe? And were citizens etc. hostile to summoned creatures (or summoned creatures to them)? Been a long time since I played as mage. Anyhow, if both were "yes", that could be a nice way to get some XP without endangering yourself. But I might be wrong; as I said, long time since I played.

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    the highest level i beat gothic 2 NOTR is level 64 with paladin in the end it was after i killed the undead dragon, and was on my way to ship.
    for treasures in Jharkendar the higher the chapter the higher exp you get from each dig. for example if you dig in ch2 you get 100 exp if you do it in ch3 you get 150 exp same goes for activating a teleport stones and walk through them if you walk in ch4 you get 200 exp and ch5 250 exp (last)
    there is a potion for fortuno that you make to free his minds if you make 2 one for your self you can get 500 exp or in ch5 1000 exp or maybe more.
    i advise go as mercenary i think he got the most exp in the game than other guilds even in ch4 you as paladin you get orcs but as merc you get lizard man and their egss good exp from bennet and money.
    (level 64 without beating every citizen but i did kill the bandits)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von CrashMorraKan Beitrag anzeigen
    the highest level i beat gothic 2 NOTR is level 64 with paladin in the end it was after i killed the undead dragon, and was on my way to ship.
    for treasures in Jharkendar the higher the chapter the higher exp you get from each dig. for example if you dig in ch2 you get 100 exp if you do it in ch3 you get 150 exp same goes for activating a teleport stones and walk through them if you walk in ch4 you get 200 exp and ch5 250 exp (last)
    there is a potion for fortuno that you make to free his minds if you make 2 one for your self you can get 500 exp or in ch5 1000 exp or maybe more.
    i advise go as mercenary i think he got the most exp in the game than other guilds even in ch4 you as paladin you get orcs but as merc you get lizard man and their egss good exp from bennet and money.
    (level 64 without beating every citizen but i did kill the bandits)
    i was lvl 65 with mercenary too, those shadowbeast horns gets you lots of exp
    there is one ,,legal" thing to do to gain experience, when you fight with skeleton mage, he spawns a skeleton, and then fights, you kill skeleton, mage spawns another, and another etc. if you enough patience, can evade ice blocks, and have let's say 4-5 skeleton mages near you (you can do that if you spare tham in that crypt where is innubis(or was it annubis))
    oh and kill all trolls in new world, in chapter 3-4 they respawn(except black troll). in the end i beat up everybody who was possible, pirates, bandits, mercs and farmers, monastery novices and mages, whole city of khorinis was massacred, vom guys(well mostly died to orcs)
    there is 1 good thing too, if you search for captain, first do all their quests, but don't let them join you, so you do quests to all 3 captains, and then you pick one of them.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Drachentöter Avatar von Blubbler

Blubbler ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MisterQwerty Beitrag anzeigen
    Okay, I'm going to do a run through of Gothic II: Night of the Raven in an attempt to get the highest recorded level without cheats, or game-breaker exploits. (What is it, anybody know?)

Of course, this is going to require quite a boatload of tips and tricks, involving getting into Jharkendar in Ch 2, as well as running through every single recruitment quest for mercenary and paladin before joining a guild. Stuff like that.

What I'm looking for is a list of tips and things, and answers to a few questions, listed here:

1. Which guild should I join?
    2. What build should I go for?
    3. For quests with multiple options, which ones should I do?
    4. Anything else?

I'm also going to try to milk everything for as much EXP as possible. For example, I'll destroy the claw of Beliar and other stuff like that.

NOTE: I WILL NOT BE PLAYING HARDCORE.
    If this user can be trusted the highest possible level (without use of infinite exp sources) is 59 with a buffer of ~21000 exp.
    Some quest rewards vary depending of the chapter you're in. The later in the story the more. Going to Jharkendar in ch 2 is easier but gives less exp, because there are much more exp depending on the chapter given to you.
    I made a list, but it's in German.

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    i was lvl 65 with mercenary too, those shadowbeast horns gets you lots of exp
    there is one ,,legal" thing to do to gain experience, when you fight with skeleton mage, he spawns a skeleton, and then fights, you kill skeleton, mage spawns another, and another etc. if you enough patience, can evade ice blocks, and have let's say 4-5 skeleton mages near you (you can do that if you spare tham in that crypt where is innubis(or was it annubis))
    oh and kill all trolls in new world, in chapter 3-4 they respawn(except black troll). in the end i beat up everybody who was possible, pirates, bandits, mercs and farmers, monastery novices and mages, whole city of khorinis was massacred, vom guys(well mostly died to orcs)
    there is 1 good thing too, if you search for captain, first do all their quests, but don't let them join you, so you do quests to all 3 captains, and then you pick one of them.
    hah, nice! i thought i was almost only one who achieved it.
    oh and watch my gothic 3 level 93 dark mage :O

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Apprentice

MisterQwerty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Blubbler Beitrag anzeigen
    Some quest rewards vary depending of the chapter you're in. The later in the story the more. Going to Jharkendar in ch 2 is easier but gives less exp, because there are much more exp depending on the chapter given to you.
    Yeah, but does the higher exp for going later balance out the fact that you'll be killing many of the monsters twice since they'll respawn between chapters?

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Yeah, but does the higher exp for going later balance out the fact that you'll be killing many of the monsters twice since they'll respawn between chapters?
    in jharkendar only monsters which spawn later are dragon snappers, 1 troll, and i think some wolves... that's all, respawn isn't happening in jharkendar...

Zitat Zitat von CrashMorraKan Beitrag anzeigen
    hah, nice! i thought i was almost only one who achieved it.
    oh and watch my gothic 3 level 93 dark mage :O

never played gothic 3

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

Blubbler ist offline
    There is no respawn in NotR, if I am not mistaken. In Gothic 1 some quest related monsters (the troll, the bridge golem) respawn, but other than that monsters are always spawned whethere you've already killed monsters in this place or not.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Apprentice

MisterQwerty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Blubbler Beitrag anzeigen
    There is no respawn in NotR, if I am not mistaken. In Gothic 1 some quest related monsters (the troll, the bridge golem) respawn, but other than that monsters are always spawned whethere you've already killed monsters in this place or not.
    What? Yes, monsters spawn regardless of whether or not you killed the previous monster.

Say in ch1, monster A inhabits an area. Then, in ch2, monster B spawns. If you go in ch2 and kill the monster, you only get the exp from monster B, but if you kill the monster in Ch1, then come back in Ch2, you get the exp from Monsters A and B.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

Blubbler ist offline
    What? Yes, monsters spawn regardless of whether or not you killed the previous monster.

Say in ch1, monster A inhabits an area. Then, in ch2, monster B spawns. If you go in ch2 and kill the monster, you only get the exp from monster B, but if you kill the monster in Ch1, then come back in Ch2, you get the exp from Monsters A and B.
    It's not like that. It doesn't matter whether you killed monsters in previous chapters or not.
    Possibility 1: You don't kill monster A in ch1. You kill monster A+B in ch2.
    Possibility 2: You kill monster A in ch1. You kill monster B in ch2.

Of course the more monsters there are the higher the likeliness that e.g. lurkers kill goblins and steal your exp.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Blubbler is right. There is NO such thing as respawning in Gothic 1 and 2. Monsters are added to the game and in order to further enhance the lore and the believability of what is happening, mobs are added with thought: according to region and according to what other monsters might be inhabiting the same area, in the instance that the player did not do a complete cleanup - which is to say - nearly always. So of course - you get a couple of new snappers where there were a few snappers before and a couple of orcs where there were orcs before. Each monster has a unique ID, you don't get exp twice for killing the same thing. Since you get exp for all of the mobs - we can surmise that repeats are unlikely.

In my first playthrough, I left the ch2 VoM in almost pristine condition and there was nothing to respawn. The monster count went up in ch4 regardless.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    I did,however,notice that the orcs surrounding the old camp do respawn...for instance,if they are killed in CH2,they will return(not sure if all of them) in CH3,and I can't remember for certain,but I think they also respawn if killed in CH3

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    ^ Ah, well now you're getting into the nitty gritty details. Yes, you are right - the second wave of VoM mobs does indeed appear in Ch3 and not in Ch4.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Local Hero

Cyclops1953 ist offline
    Hmm...Here's a thought,try leaving all(or at least most)of the orcs in the siege ring intact in ch2 to see what the mobs are in ch3.

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »