Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 30
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline

[G2] Why did the hero have to lose all powers?

Hey guys...
    I've just finished G1 for 81248712nd time and I'm starting G2 for 73415413rd time. And I'm, once again, wondering, why did the Unnamed hero HAVE to lose ALL his knowledge and powers.
    I mean, I understand that it's a new game and you have to start from nothing again and blah blah...
    But, come on, would you forget how to use a sword just because you nearly died? (Ehm... that "just" word may sound... inappropriate ) Or how to skin a wolf? It is a bit illogical, isn't it?

So I just thought I'd share an idea I had, and an idea I have used for a couple of games now. In the end of G1, just before I pierce the last heart, I write down my stats (STR, DEX, HP, LP and MANA), and, at the beginning of G2, I add ONE FIFTH (as Xardas said "He's weak, and has forgotten much...") of the values to my characters abilities.

I'm sure someone would call this cheating, but come on, NOTR is quite hard, anyway :P Of course I don't add the "mastery" skills, because beginning the game as a master swordsman would certainly make it a LOT less difficult...

An example: My ending G1 stats were:
    HP: 601
    STR: 201
    DEX: 131
    MANA: 115
    and I even spared some 15 LP's

So at the beginning of G2, my stats are:
    HP: 120
    STR: 40
    DEX: 26
    MANA: 23

So, as you see, this doesn't nescessarily make the game too easy, but seems more just to me, as I spent hours getting those stats in G1.

What do you think? And please, don't hit me!
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Hero Avatar von .†.MikeL.†.

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Would it be as fun as it is right now to play Gothic 2 if you are from the very beginning a top fighter? Certainly not and since it's a game they have all the right in the world to be excused for an unorthodox way to lose your powers.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Darth Crow Beitrag anzeigen
    [Bild: seng2433.gif] ... cheater.

Logical or not, it's gameplay VS. reality, IMHO a good part of the game is to gather the skills and build the hero, every hero import spoils the fun for me.

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    Logical or not, it's gameplay VS. reality, IMHO a good part of the game is to gather the skills and build the hero, every hero import spoils the fun for me.
    Of course, you are right there, sir. But if I wanted to "import hero", I'd just add my full stats even with weapon proficiencies... that's not what I had in mind... I just wanted to create an illusion that it's the same guy I finished the first part with
    Additionally I think that this would be a nice method for people who find NOTR too hard to make the beginnings easier

Anyway, mostly I wanted to hear your opinion on the losing-stats-after-every-part business. At the beginning of G3, you have 100 strenght, which would indicate that you have not mysteriously lost all your strenght, IF the requirements of the weapons weren't so high. It seems that Piranhas only multiplied everything tenfold...
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    I don't know why but the Hero to Zero feeling feels good , if it wasn't there it would make the game a little easier at the start, I remember those young field raiders the first time I played the game...

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Local Hero

Cyclops1953 ist offline
    I believe he lost it all because of his battle with the Sleeper and the collapse of the barrier,add to that the fact that half the temple came down on top of him.some say that he actually died and that Xardas brought him back to life(3 weeks later)

Btw at the beginning of G2,his stats are:
    HP: 40
    STR: 10
    DEX: 10
    MANA: 10

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Local Hero Avatar von The Shield

The Shield ist offline
    Xardas Recicled his soul and body....that's why he's a weakling!!

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Apprentice

MisterQwerty ist offline
    This is a rather interesting question. However, he doesn't lose ALL his knowledge. If you remember, at the beginning of Gothic 1, he swung 1-handers with 2 hands. In Gothic 2, he only uses one hand.

Of course, he's also forgotten more about the VoM than just his skills. He has only a vague memory of some of the more important characters he knew (Except for Xardas, which is really easily explainable if Xardas magically replanted the memories while reviving him.)

I think this is a pretty interesting way to play, but I also think it unbalances the game a little. What you should do is get the NotR customizer, and change the game to make it harder. To make up for the fact that you've already got a higher level from G1, you should get XP much slower. Also, most of the G2 bandits are too weak to have survived the VoM, so raise enemy hitpoints. Try to impose limits that make sense, given the fact that you kept 1/3 of your levels.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Apprentice

Jaspper ist offline
    The most enjoyable thing about G2 is starting from scratch and building the character. I wish G3 had adopted the smae concept, it would have been far more enjoyable.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    as far as i know ,when trying to flee the sleeper`s temple (after banishing him) a part of the building falls on him ,making him unconscious ,perhaps losing his memory from a hit to the head ,or i don`t know ...

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    would you forget how to use a sword just because you nearly died?
    Being buried under that rubble, at some point the brain was cut out from the blood for 2 minutes. Parts of his cerebellum died. That's why he forgot stuff.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    Being buried under that rubble, at some point the brain was cut out from the blood for 2 minutes. Parts of his cerebellum died. That's why he forgot stuff.
    Proof?

But yes, it seems that he did hit his head and forgot quite a bit. The weakness and lack of dexterity are probably because he was completely inactive and starving at the same time for 3 weeks. The magic of his armour just kept him alive, and Xardas probably managed to give him enough strength and agility to perform basic actions like moving, etc. But since he should be dead anyway, it is logical that he was badly weakened during the time spent living under a rock.

And lacking all the practice, all the strength and dexterity and what not to wield weapons properly, it is not surprising that he just can't fight. However, this explains his exceptional learning ability quite well, unlike Gothic.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    He had a massive internal bleeding

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    As someone above said...he still remember something something like, in G1 he weild 1H with BOTH HANDS...and when he becomed master with 1, in G2 he still holds it with 1h at the start....he remember the lesson he learned 'Beginners often weild 1h with both hands, now don't even get to that thing'=>as some teachers told him in G1
    If you even try to look the other way...

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Ranger Avatar von ApocaliptioGod

ApocaliptioGod ist offline
    amnesia...you have option to chose that you don't remember gorn, Cavalorn... is that clear enaught ?
    Geändert von ApocaliptioGod (01.04.2011 um 20:58 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    Heh. Too bad they didn't have House back then. He'd've fixed him right up.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Apprentice

MisterQwerty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ApocaliptioGod Beitrag anzeigen
    amnesia...you have option to chose that you don't remember gorn, cavalelorn... is that clear enaught ?
    Apparently, you forgot Cavelorn's name in real life, too :P

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MisterQwerty Beitrag anzeigen
    Apparently, you forgot Cavelorn's name in real life, too :P
    As did you. Cavalorn...

19. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    Hey guys...
    I've just finished G1 for 81248712nd time and I'm starting G2 for 73415413rd time. And I'm, once again, wondering, why did the Unnamed hero HAVE to lose ALL his knowledge and powers.
    I mean, I understand that it's a new game and you have to start from nothing again and blah blah...
    But, come on, would you forget how to use a sword just because you nearly died? (Ehm... that "just" word may sound... inappropriate ) Or how to skin a wolf? It is a bit illogical, isn't it?

So I just thought I'd share an idea I had, and an idea I have used for a couple of games now. In the end of G1, just before I pierce the last heart, I write down my stats (STR, DEX, HP, LP and MANA), and, at the beginning of G2, I add ONE FIFTH (as Xardas said "He's weak, and has forgotten much...") of the values to my characters abilities.

I'm sure someone would call this cheating, but come on, NOTR is quite hard, anyway :P Of course I don't add the "mastery" skills, because beginning the game as a master swordsman would certainly make it a LOT less difficult...

An example: My ending G1 stats were:
    HP: 601
    STR: 201
    DEX: 131
    MANA: 115
    and I even spared some 15 LP's

So at the beginning of G2, my stats are:
    MANA: 23

So, as you see, this doesn't nescessarily make the game too easy, but seems more just to me, as I spent hours getting those stats in G1.

i agree with everything and it's true! make big sense to me, however im a cheat hater so if even it's unfair i still don't use cheats.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Local Hero

Cyclops1953 ist offline
    "So at the beginning of G2, my stats are:
    MANA: 23"

at the beginning of G2,his stats are:
    HP: 40
    STR: 10
    DEX: 10
    MANA: 10

Consider this,with normal starting stats you can play and build NH successfully.To add those stats in would tend to make the start way too easy.the srars of enemies in the early part of the game are set to fit with NH's stats at the begining.by pumping up his stats you are giving him an unfair advantage.

If it is too easy is it really worth playing?

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »