Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline

Arcania: Fall of Setarrif postponed?

Czech Gothic fansite gothicz.net states that according to a press release by JoWood, the addon for Arcania is posponed "indefinitely". I haven't been able to find that press release, but the site is trustworthy, so I believe it is true.

What do you think? Is JoWood in such serious trouble that they had to stop development of the game? Or do they only want to kill a few more bugs before release? Unlikely...

EDIT: It also says that this is due to a conflict with BVT about publishing rights.
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Vienna, Austria, March 23rd 2011; JoWooD has to delay the add-on “ArcaniA – Fall of Setarrif“ indefinitely. The legal background of the official add-on to “ArcaniA - Gothic 4” is unclear and diverse legal positions with the BVT fund that financed the main game are present.

“It’s uncertain whether the game can be released onto the market in its current form”, explains Stefan Berger, Business Development Manager JoWooD, “of course this must be investigated and settled before the release - unfortunately”. Due to this fact JoWooD officially announces, that the release of the Add-On has been set on hold and will be delayed indefinitely for now.
    Source

Apparently BVT aren't dumb.

Zitat Zitat von Darth Crow Beitrag anzeigen
    What do you think? Is JoWood in such serious trouble that they had to stop development of the game? Or do they only want to kill a few more bugs before release? Unlikely....
    No, just BVT wanting a piece of the pie, since they came up with the dough.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    thanks man ! now i can sleep better ! good news ,who knows ,maybe they`ll leave this game alone and milk some other stuff. I`m just sayin`...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Waldläufer

fenixlt ist offline
    bether they stop fu*king our brains and go make another Hotel gient or somthing that they was mading 10 years ago