Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 42
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

MisterQwerty ist offline

One or Two-Handed?

Now, you're all looking at the title of the thread and going "..." because you've probably seen this 50 thousand times about 'wat i du won or to hand wepwnz???: HALP PLZ'. But NO. This thread is different. This is not differing between people, no! This is statistics. My question is...

Which deal more damage?

And again, you're like "..." because obviously Two-Handers deal more damage, because they hit harder, BUT-

One-Handers hit faster. And so, even if the One-Handers deal less damage per hit, they may deal more damage per minute than One-Handers.

Add into this the fact that for critical hits, you add all your strength to the attack, and at higher levels, you can have more than 100% proficiency in either attack style (actually 125%, but I digress.)

Given all this information, which deals damage faster?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    You can move pretty fast even with 2hand if you know your game...and deal more damage, 2h is better.
    If you even try to look the other way...

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    In a fight between a 2H and a 1H user, with all other factors equal, the 1H user wouldn't stand a chance. The two-hander's longer reach would allow its user to dominate the battle entirely. Also, it's not clumsy - it may strike a bit slower, but speed isn't that important.

If we're comparing them individually against some monster or something, I'd say the two-hander is still better for the same reason. It's easier to defend yourself when anything that comes five feet near you gets smacked with powerful blows before even being able to strike.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    ^But only between two human players. Strangely enough, with NPCs one handers dominate. That fight between Keroloth and Ian in chapter 4 (might be mistaken with the names) about some gold satchel: I've actually taken notice of that and reloaded several times - the DH wins almost all the time. I think their stats are pretty close.

Nevertheless, I too am a 2-hander all the way.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Waldläufer

fenixlt ist offline
    Why chose 1h or 2H better use magic xDDDDD Fire ball or other Fire magic give no chance to warrior

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    it`s a matter of taste . I think i`ve finished the game more than 10 times as a fighter but i`ve always played with 1 H swords...i feel it`s faster but i also like the animations on combos ,and the way the hero holds the 1h sword when it`s "master"

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    One handers are usually better for dealing with certain monsters;for instance,you can spam left and right attacks against a shadowbeast that keeps backing against a wall or a tree,and he will never attempt to attack you (as long as you maintain the onslaught of attacks).

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Veteran Avatar von kojocel

kojocel ist offline
    Although the advantages of 2H-ers are noticeable, I prefer 1H-ers. A fast weapon always helped me prevail in fights against multiple opponents, like orc groups in VoM, skeletons in caves, or bandit groups across the map.

In truth, though, I feel the true 1H-er power only after equipping Orc Slayer (Scar Sword), Claw of Beliar or the respective Paladin/Mercenary best 1H-ers, and by that I refer to a long-reach one-handed weapon.

I did some guildless "field testing" in NoTR, so to speak, and my results, at Master rank 100%, were as follows (cumulative unmitigated damage, ignoring stats / necessary time to kill an Orc Elite):

I. Weapon:
    - Dragon Slicer: 190 WD - 1,5 swings / sec = 270 dmg;
    - Orc Slayer: 130 WD - 2,5 swings / sec = 325 dmg; [usually I swing 1H-er up to 3 times per second]

* note that Dragon Slicer requires 160STR and Orc Slayer 130STR, which results in a bonus of 30STR while using DS.

II. Target kill time:
    - Dragon Slicer: had to stop sequence after 2 secondary (lateral) attacks, as Orc Elite had time to back up,
    - Orc Slayer: orc elite was killed after 2 secondary (lateral) + 1 primary (forward) attacks, without having time to react.

I concluded (after multiple testing experiments, of course), that both weapon types are pretty even, but for me, 1H-ers provide a much better flexibility and speed, therefore I kill opponents easier than with a 2H-er.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde
    Zone Survival Guide: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Sword Master Avatar von UR1Z13L

UR1Z13L ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    ^But only between two human players. Strangely enough, with NPCs one handers dominate. That fight between Keroloth and Ian in chapter 4 (might be mistaken with the names) about some gold satchel: I've actually taken notice of that and reloaded several times - the DH wins almost all the time. I think their stats are pretty close.

Nevertheless, I too am a 2-hander all the way.
    In my game the paladin always wins :P

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    hmm this entirely depends on you.
    You know the characteristics about 1h and 2h weapons but everybody has his/her own taste like me:
    I love to weild 2h swords, i mean they look pretty good, i love them, but in 90% cases i finished game with 1h sword, only once i played as pally and once as Dragon hunter i finished with 2h swords... i don't like it when i fight 5-6 orcs at once, i can't backstep fast enough, slow blocking, slow svinging. it's excellent weapon in 1v1 combat but 2+ vs 1, 2 handler is just an easier way to get you killed (especially against monsters) <- if we take in consideration that you and your enemy have similliar stats ofc

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Adventurer Avatar von QuiG

QuiG ist offline
    i always go 1H during the beginning, because it feels as if its not completely hopeless if you come against more opponents than 1 since u can hit them all once before they hit you, if you're skilled enough with the G1 controls, and ofc isn't surrounded.

i like the 2h especially when you come up against dragons (G2) since their flame will knock you away you're probably better off doing more damage than faster attacks.

for orcs i prefer 1H, since they are good at avoiding attacks and they hit pretty fast, its easier to lay more hits on them and get away with it with more health

however, if you're fighting against archers or mages, i think either 1H or 2H is as good to use, since you could die before you even get near them :P

12. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    In gothic 1/2: good luck getting into striking range with your one-handed against my two-hander.
    Even if it is a bit slower, it does have a huge range advantage.
    Yeah, I can even solo ork warriors in Gothic 1 at level 10 with a two-hander.
    Provided I lure them one at the time, ofcourse.
    Keroloth: lvl 40, 150 str, 150 dex, 1000 mana, 520 health, 65% skill (I think), 100/100-50/25 protection, Paladin's Two-Hander (80 damage, 110 range).
    Jan: lvl 50, 175 str, 175 dex, 1000 mana, 640 health, 65% skill, 100/100/25/50 protection, Rough Sword (40 damage, 70 range).

So Jan has a statisticala advantage, whilst Keroloth has an equipment advantage. So imo, the paladin should win most of the time.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Hero Avatar von .†.MikeL.†.

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    1 hander all the way for me, I was a bit dissapointed that I couldn't change Uriziel into a one hander in G1
    Also trying to compare how another player would do against you if you have a 2h and he has a 1h is kinda silly.
    You can compare two NPCs but not two players and from what I've seen 1h NPCs were always much tougher than 2h NPCs.

Of course we're talking about G1 and G2.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Onisuzume Beitrag anzeigen

Keroloth: lvl 40, 150 str, 150 dex, 1000 mana, 520 health, 65% skill (I think), 100/100-50/25 protection, Paladin's Two-Hander (80 damage, 110 range).
    Jan: lvl 50, 175 str, 175 dex, 1000 mana, 640 health, 65% skill, 100/100/25/50 protection, Rough Sword (40 damage, 70 range).

So Jan has a statisticala advantage, whilst Keroloth has an equipment advantage. So imo, the paladin should win most of the time.
    Oh really? The paladin deals 230 damage a pop with his slower weapon and the dragon hunter 215 with his faster weapon. The latter also has more health. Since this is the computer, the unique advantages of the 2H can be disregarded, so the one-hander wins. Also, those armor stats are wrong (unless they're special computer-only stats, which I doubt). Keroloth has knight's armor, not paladin's, and Jan has a light dragon hunter's armor, not a heavy.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Onisuzume Beitrag anzeigen
    In gothic 1/2: good luck getting into striking range with your one-handed against my two-hander.
    Even if it is a bit slower, it does have a huge range advantage.
    Yeah, I can even solo ork warriors in Gothic 1 at level 10 with a two-hander.
    Provided I lure them one at the time, ofcourse.
    Eh? i remember in gothic 1, you would be too slow with 2h weapon <- or would have too low strength so hardly any dmg dealt + when or warrior/fighter (any1) make it's combo, you can hardly block it with 1h which is a lot faster and better in defending than 2h.... combo attack = dead

16. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #16

Onisuzume ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Alwin Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh really? The paladin deals 230 damage a pop with his slower weapon and the dragon hunter 215 with his faster weapon. The latter also has more health. Since this is the computer, the unique advantages of the 2H can be disregarded, so the one-hander wins. Also, those armor stats are wrong (unless they're special computer-only stats, which I doubt). Keroloth has knight's armor, not paladin's, and Jan has a light dragon hunter's armor, not a heavy.
    Erm, the Knight's armour has those protection values... Paladin's armour ups it to 150/150/100/50. Same goes for the DJG armours. Light has those stats, medium ups it to 120/120/75/35, and heavy DJG is the same as paladin's armour. Unless the stats are different in G2C.
    Eh? i remember in gothic 1, you would be too slow with 2h weapon <- or would have too low strength so hardly any dmg dealt + when or warrior/fighter (any1) make it's combo, you can hardly block it with 1h which is a lot faster and better in defending than 2h.... combo attack = dead
    At level 10? Either you can master two-handers (70lp) and put the remaining in strength (total of 50 str), or get str to 100 first (well, to 95 actually, so 85lp for that). One-handers do not enter the equation. As for weapons: the rusty two-hander requires only 30 strength and does 61 damage. (Its one of the few two-handers that can be gotten easily and for free.)

Going the high-str route rather than the 2h master route is better at killing orks (3-4 attacks or so). Grab some scrolls of transform, and go get the Revenge Steel from the ork village. With a bit of luck, you can kill any ork before you get hit because of weapon range. (both at 150 range >_>)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Adventurer Avatar von QuiG

QuiG ist offline
    i really dont see why all of you are bothering so much about the range of a sword? could you tell me why? because, in my opinion before the sword even hits your opponent, he's already fired of his hit anyway, and if its a 1h'er opponent he will probably hit you around the same time anyway, and after the first blow, there would be no difference since both are at reach anyway..

EDIT: sorry about all those "anyway" :P

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    General Avatar von Sakabato

Sakabato ist offline
    One or Two-Handed?
    ..That's what she said...^^'

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Local Hero Avatar von The Shield

The Shield ist offline
    Right Handed ....... ok ONE Handed.

20. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #20

Onisuzume ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von QuiG Beitrag anzeigen
    i really dont see why all of you are bothering so much about the range of a sword? could you tell me why? because, in my opinion before the sword even hits your opponent, he's already fired of his hit anyway, and if its a 1h'er opponent he will probably hit you around the same time anyway, and after the first blow, there would be no difference since both are at reach anyway..

EDIT: sorry about all those "anyway" :P
    Because with my style of fighting, range matters a lot.
    I've tried to kill stuff with the knife that Cavalorn gives you, and died horribly where using the branch would've saved me.

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »