Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 42
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Knight Avatar von Gor_Na_Drak

Gor_Na_Drak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Onisuzume Beitrag anzeigen
    Because with my style of fighting, range matters a lot.
    I've tried to kill stuff with the knife that Cavalorn gives you, and died horribly where using the branch would've saved me.
    So because you had problems with one of the shortest blades in the game 1h sucks?

The only time in the game where the range of the 2h gives a real advantage is the beginning. Mainly because that's the only advantage it has. Your str is low, and your 2h% is low so range is all you have. But at latter levels the range of the 2h is negligible at best. The real advantage of the 2h is in it's power. And this doesn't become evident until your str and 2h% is up.

I mean at a low level against a field raider the 2h is so slow and cumbersome that you're pretty much reduced to just swinging your 2h back and forth, using the 2h's range to keep the filthy beast off of you. With a 1h you have to use speed and timing. Get the creature close, side step and give him a couple of whacks. You can do the same with the 2h but your swing often misses because it's so slow, and at best you'll get one hit, and since you don't have any power yet it doesn't do much.

At higher levels I don't find either weapon better than the other. Against some enemies the 2h is better, but the same can be said of the 1h. I prefer the 1h over the 2h because battles at the beginning and middle of the game are more strategic, interesting, and fun. Whereas with the 2h battles are more of a chore at the beginning and don't start becoming interesting until your 2h % is at 60+.

In any case it's really about a person's style of play. None is better than the other when you get right down to it. Each has it's strengths and weaknesses. So go with whatever style suits you and whichever style seems more fluid to you.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    it is a bit off topic, but sometimes while playing G2notr, I choose 1h based on dexterity (rapier or master sword). and with it bows. it is just that a bit weird strategy - shooting from distance till enemy is close enough I draw sword and finish him. of course when opponent is alone but still, when using dexterity based swords it is quicker to get 100% master level imho. in conclusion - this awesome game gives us various strategies combining magic, bows and close combat weapons and that is really great!
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    And once you get your hands on Betty....

It's worth fighting a sleepyhead at least thrice as tough as Bloodwyn if you get the equivalent of an Orc Slayer with dexterity requirements. The ideal stuff for mid to late game.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    [QUOTE=NatDis;15683784]And once you get your hands on Betty....[/QUOTE

oh yeah! forgot about that beauty - my fault dude who wields it is tough as an ox!

back to topic - I prefer 1h for its attack speed, and of course it requires less str investments to wield a weapon in the beginning of the game. on the other hand - playing with 2h weapons - more challenge
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Apprentice

MisterQwerty ist offline
    Ah, the Betty. If, by that time, you have high enough dexterity, the battle with that dude takes, like, 3 or 4 hits from a Bow(Or it did for me. Right now, I'm in a pure dex build.). Of course, I use the bow even in CQC, due to the fact that it deals so much damage. Of course, I sometimes use the Betty against enemies that I don't feel like wasting arrows on.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    banned

Assassin of Kings ist offline
    Two-handers are better looking and make the hero more imposing.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Adventurer Avatar von horatiu11

horatiu11 ist offline
    i agree tht 2h weapons make more damage but i like to fight more with 1h because i move faster.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Ranger

make264 ist offline
    what is so good at betty?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    ^best dex-based sword in the game.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Betty does 130 damage and requires 110 dexterity. So, it is the best 1h weapon (I think) in the game, because the Orc Slayer requires 130 strength to do the same amount of damage.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    Hero Avatar von .†.MikeL.†.

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NatDis Beitrag anzeigen
    So, it is the best 1h weapon (I think) in the game, because the Orc Slayer requires 130 strength to do the same amount of damage.
    Best str based 1h sword in the game is Ore Dragon slayer (for Dragon Hunters only) with 160 dmg and requires 140 str.
    Plus the best looking one imo

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Knight Avatar von Stalagmite

Stalagmite ist offline
    Ditch the swords, CAST THE SPELLS.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Betty does 130 damage and requires 110 dexterity. So, it is the best 1h weapon (I think) in the game, because the Orc Slayer requires 130 strength to do the same amount of damage.
    aaaand you are far stronger with orc slayer than with Betty, why? strength makes a big difference

Betty would win only if you would throw it at enemy so it would count as ranged weapon xD

14. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    aaaand you are far stronger with orc slayer than with Betty, why? strength makes a big difference

Betty would win only if you would throw it at enemy so it would count as ranged weapon xD
    Axeactly, which makes betty mediocre at best.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35

Zeri0n ist offline
    Axeactly, which makes betty mediocre at best.
    that's why you should be a crossbowman, and when you get Be
    ty you will already have enough strength

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    I found Betty extremely useful as a dex-based mage,and with strength around 60-70 and master one-handed fighter,you can decimate most enemies easily

17. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #37

Onisuzume ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    that's why you should be a crossbowman, and when you get Be
    ty you will already have enough strength
    if you're going crossbow, then I'd still prefer a strength-sword.
    150 strength to wield the best crossbow pretty much means that I can use a pretty darn good strength-based sword (Ore-Dragonkiller, Heavy Ore Battleblade), and being only 10 points away from the Greater ore Dragonkiller and/or Dragonslicer. And with such high strength and weapon skill, there wouldn't be many points remaining for dexterity.

So only if you're going bowman or, possibly, mage, will you have a use for dex-based swords, and even then will the damage on those be mediocre. In case of the mage I see no reason at all to bother with dex.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    True. But strength isn't that important either, especially with Alchemy. Mana is more important for a mage. But the only way to learn Acrobatics is to build a dex-based char.

19. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #39

Onisuzume ist offline
    True. But strength isn't that important either, especially with Alchemy. Mana is more important for a mage. But the only way to learn Acrobatics is to build a dex-based char.
    In which case you only need 90 dex, which can easily be achieved without too many LP expendures. Should be possible to get in excess of 120 dex without any dex training. (G2NotR, specifically.)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40

Zeri0n ist offline
    if you're going crossbow, then I'd still prefer a strength-sword.
    150 strength to wield the best crossbow pretty much means that I can use a pretty darn good strength-based sword (Ore-Dragonkiller, Heavy Ore Battleblade), and being only 10 points away from the Greater ore Dragonkiller and/or Dragonslicer. And with such high strength and weapon skill, there wouldn't be many points remaining for dexterity.

So only if you're going bowman or, possibly, mage, will you have a use for dex-based swords, and even then will the damage on those be mediocre. In case of the mage I see no reason at all to bother with dex.
    yeees but mot crossbowman are paladins since mercs dn't have teachers for crossbows and they can be taught to 80% only in chapter 6 while they can't get ,,master" (i dunno the teacher, udar and that hunter won't teach you more than marksman if i recall well)
    and as mage?
    i go this, mana, mana, mana, mana, mana, mana, mana,mana, mana, mana and ring of water's staff (hey mages look cool with staffs, but those other staffs just suck, i hate they look)

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »