Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 32 von 32
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Voice of Liberty Beitrag anzeigen
    Greetings Fine People of WoG!
    All of you I am sure prize your freedom and are ardent individualists yet you put up with the "rules" imposed by a few who are in no way special or better than you. Why is that? Everyone is born equal after all. And has equal rights as everybody else.
    I do not mean to offend anyone but I believe that this forum would benefit greatly if all moderators were to resign and absolute freedom established. Freedom of Speech is important and it is my belief that every person deserves to be heard. Call me an utopianist but a select few who impose so called rules to limit the members here actually promote more agression. I have seen what that can do to a community. It can destroy even the most stablest of communities. When a person has no restrictions he is happier. Thus I call to you moderators to do the right thing. Prove that you are not as corrupted by power as people claim. Be equal!
    Peace and I hope that from this day on World of Gothic and indeed the World of Players as a whole becomes free from self-imposed "moderators"
    Hey there. Are you twelve?

This place is private property, for one thing.
    I think it's just fine if in my own home I let some guests do something, while I'd kick other people out for doing the exact same thing.
    Geändert von Bastardo (03.02.2011 um 12:52 Uhr)

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #22

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von The Pope Beitrag anzeigen
    Anyone is free of expressing his views as opinion, but just as long as it doesn't offend anyone. If we didn't have any mods, there would be anarchy around here, and the difference between anarchy and freedom is a big one.
    Actually, to have freedom you're required to have free speech, and for your speech to be free you must be able to say things that offend people. Actually that's the whole point. If free speech didn't include such freedom, it would be utterly pointless (and it is, in most places which claim to have it).
    But it doesn't matter since, again, this is private property so the owner has the right to kick you out for whatever reason.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    banned

Voice of Liberty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    Actually, to have freedom you're required to have free speech, and for your speech to be free you must be able to say things that offend people. Actually that's the whole point. If free speech didn't include such freedom, it would be utterly pointless (and it is, in most places which claim to have it).
    Exactly!

But it doesn't matter since, again, this is private property so the owner has the right to kick you out for whatever reason.
    Private property or not there are "laws" in the world which are for freedom of Speech and even private property owners must adhere to those laws

I find it hard to believe that you are so blind that you can't see the purpose of having moderators. Do you really not realize that without mods there wouldn't be any way of keeping order in a forum? Moderators don't want to control us and our opinions, but to make sure that we express our opinion according to the rules. Any place where there aren't any rules is bound to turn into chaos, and World of Gothic wouldn't make exception if we didn't have the moderators. Anyone is free of expressing his views and opinions, but just as long as it doesn't offend anyone. If we didn't have any mods, there would be anarchy around here, and the difference between anarchy and freedom is a big one.

Besides, the moderators here seem to be nice and cool people, who know how to have a friendly talk with the other users. Just because they're moderators doesn't mean they aren't equal to the other users. It's just that it's their job do to something when someone breaks the rules, that's all. In a real society we have cops for that, and it's not like cops aren't normal people like us all. They just have to sanction us when we break the law, but otherwise they're the same as the others.
    There are few (if any) people who follow the laws "for the sake of following laws". A lot of people twist the law in there favour particularly these guys the mods.

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #24

Bastardo ist offline
    Private property or not there are "laws" in the world which are for freedom of Speech and even private property owners must adhere to those laws
    Wow, there are German laws that force you to keep people in your home, people that are being offensive nonetheless?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    PS: Besides you yourself are a moderator. Of course you would say such stuff to remain in your current comfortable position. I was more interested in hearing the true thoughts of the non-moderator members of this forum
    naaw really ??
    shut the fuck up

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    What is this, I don't even

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #27

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    What is this, I don't even
    You don't even what this is because you're a stinky moderator.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    banned

Wow, there are German laws that force you to keep people in your home, people that are being offensive nonetheless?
    It's not about that... they claim they are following the laws and all and yet they are not. They use the laws in there favor and when the proof is shown they say things like: The world has crappy laws and what not.
    So in principle they follow those laws which are in there favour and ignore the rest which is not right in my opinion.

True, one might get offended just if you have different opinion, but we should at least try not to insult other users directly. If you simply yell "F**K YOU" to another member, you deserve to be sanctioned.
    Why?
    Do you like being told by someone who is nothing more special than you what to say and what not to say?
    Is the person you are saying it to unable to defend himself "just because"?

What's with this slave mentality?
    Another human being does not have any right to sanction you. He is nothing more than you
    Geändert von Voice of Liberty (03.02.2011 um 13:47 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    For that day we all must labour,
    Though we die before it break;
    Cows and horses, geese and turkeys,
    All must toil for freedom's sake.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    You don't even what this is because you're a stinky moderator.
    HEY BASTARDO,YOU ARE A GREAT BASTARD,AND IMMA LET YOU GO BACK TO BEING A BASTARD,BUT I AM THE GREATEST BASTARD OF ALL TIME.OF ALL TIME! IM JUST SAYIN
    Anyway,voice of liberty,there are not many chances that this thread will magically alter the whole balance of the forum and make all moderators suddenly resign

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    banned

Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    HEY BASTARDO,YOU ARE A GREAT BASTARD,AND IMMA LET YOU GO BACK TO BEING A BASTARD,BUT I AM THE GREATEST BASTARD OF ALL TIME.OF ALL TIME! IM JUST SAYIN
    Anyway,voice of liberty,there are not many chances that this thread will magically alter the whole balance of the forum and make all moderators suddenly resign
    Then change should happen gradually
    After all a person musn't destroy a whole building when building anew. He lays a foundation which is essential!

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Chosen One Avatar von rockfest

rockfest ist offline
    Then change should happen gradually
    1. You're not Obama, you're just Calin(or another sorry ass banned dude).
    2. You really need to get some fresh air and check how is real life, not waste time searching for proxies.
    3. Everyone is equal and everyone is free to do what they want but without affecting other people. A forum is a public place and as such, a few rules of common sense(netiquette) must be established and overseen by a few impartial people(moderators).
    4. Moderators are not privileged in any way. Each user helps the forum in a way, moderators in more than one, admins more than that and so on.

What are you doing? Bash, disturb, destroy. To be honest you're just bandwidth/space/processing time waste and you even waste it by insulting people who don't deserve it. Goodbye.

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12