Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 5 von 21 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 401
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #81
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    1.I can understand people calling Arcania stupid and failed,that is absolutely normal.But hoping for a company to fail and never make a game that some people actually want to play shows how imature you are.
    The thing is this: JoWood earned cash for a crappy game (FG). They knew all the time that it is a crappy game (it was way too obvious) but they never considered postponing/fixing the game. Instead they put it in stores. You could say that they sold a broken product. If a restaurant did that they would not only not get the money for the product but they would also get sued.

Then came Arcania. This time they didn't sell a crappy game. What they did was focus on their money (that they thought will come from americans and casual gamers) and sacrificed the gothic name and community.

That being said I wish all the worse in terms of finances for JoWood. Since they had no remorse in sacrificing us for their wealth, why should we not be glad that they went down?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    ...And that's the reason why you are so heated up and mad?
    Don't know where to start from.
    1.I can understand people calling Arcania stupid and failed,that is absolutely normal.But hoping for a company to fail and never make a game that some people actually want to play shows how imature you are.
    2.2-3 people? Where did you get those statistics from?
    3.I never actually mentioned Arcania or Gothic,I was asking about future addons in relation with Jowood's current situation.
    4.Yet again,made up "fact" which came out of nowhere...so if I "praise" Arcania or Jowood (which I never did),I am consequently not a Gothic fan?

I can't imagine what will happen to you when you will see another addon or product from Jowood.Chill.
    1. JoWood are publishers, not developers. Meaning that they only sell games, not make them (in very simple terms). Also, JoWooD has ruined enough games by hurrying, etc and looting lots of gamers by making them think that they're buying quality products instead of cheap shit. So how is it strange that so many people wish them ill? Wish they would stop publishing games ever?

And don't forget that though Koch Media GmbH pulled them out of a bad financial hole, 5-6 years later, they're suing the same Koch Media GmbH for money. Why should JoWooD deserve nay pity when they bite the hand that fed them?

2. Exaggeration. But still approximately true.

3. I don't understand you here. If you're saying that you weren't talking of Arcania addons, you should look at your post mentioning addons again. If not, but you think an Arcania addon might be better than Arcania, I agree with you. But I also want to point out that the chances of any significant improvements is nearly zero.

4. We can read between lines. But why're you defending JoWooD anyway if you don't have any particular respect for JoWooD? You can see our grievances. You can see that the probability of a Gothic fan liking Arcania is very, very low if the fan expects Arcania to be at least as good as the current version of Gothic 3 if it is called Gothic 4.

Zitat Zitat von sub7zero Beitrag anzeigen
    What will happen to you when Jowood (With Their FG,Arcania) become history & The Gothic Series Continues As a PB Series
    No, PB will probably not wish to continue the Gothic series. Too many bad titles in there (1 good game, 1 excellent game, 1 average game, 2 terrible games) so there's no particular guarantee that the title Gothic will bring in more funds. Risen is the new series to develop for them, I think.

Also, JoWooD will never become history. Too many people hating them, so they'll never be forgotten.

The Fall of Jowood is Sooner Than The Fall of Setarrif

Jowood Fall CountdownTimer : 89 Days Left To Go
    What's to say that JoWooD won't find some last minute funds and push out the addon in 88 days?
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

3. Beiträge anzeigen #83
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Still, upon further thinking on Tudorache's words, I think he's somewhat right.

To want for someone to go jobless is sort of cruel. They must have families of their own to feed, and stuff like that.

What for us is merely a few hours of escapism, for them it might be the bread they lay on their table.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    Still, upon further thinking on Tudorache's words, I think he's somewhat right.

To want for someone to go jobless is sort of cruel. They must have families of their own to feed, and stuff like that.

What for us is merely a few hours of escapism, for them it might be the bread they lay on their table.
    Oh well maybe next time they shouldn`t lie their customers so badly or insult their intelligence. Why would i care for someone who doesn`t care for me ?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #85
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    I'm still gonna insist that some people need to chill. Those who think they are allowed to tell others to chill, need to chill. Last call.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh well maybe next time they shouldn`t lie their customers so badly or insult their intelligence. Why would i care for someone who doesn`t care for me ?
    People lie between themselves, and in all kinds of relationships. Why would you expect anything different from the publisher - consumer rapport?

I'm pretty sure a lot more companies out there have lied to you than just Jowood. Yet I don't see people going against everyone who's ever lied to them.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    @glumetzul:Everyone has the right to be glad that Jowood is going through harsh times ,not many people look up to Jowood,but hope that they will never release a game again? I,including MANY more than 2-3 people want to play another game from the Gothic franchise,be it an expansion or a full-size sequel.
    @NatDis:It isn't necessarily strange that they should hope the worst of a company,but don't you find that a bit imature and selfish? I am uncertain whether there are more Arcania "haters" than "fanboys" or vice-versa,since I don't have any statistics,but dissing Jowood in a way like this is just stupid.Diss the current game,not future games that we hardly have any information about.
    "oooooh,but we do have information about the addon!It will be made by Spellbound and developed by Jowood!It will fail!"
    Maybe one is tempted to think this way,and it's completely normal,since the prejudices of a company can tell many things about it's future products,but why wish to cease COMPLETELY the production of a game series because of past actions? Also,the fact that they butchered the series is just a subjective matter.
    You don't need to be unfamiliar with the Gothic series in order to like Arcania.I've been a fan of the series for 7 years and I still enjoyed Arcania
    @Tratos:Whoops,sorry,was writing the message as you posted yours

8. Beiträge anzeigen #88
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    They abandoned their morals when they pushed stuff like FG and Arcania into the market. We abandon our morals in wishing their downfall. I just hope that the ones who did not have the power to affect such decisions find other, better jobs somewhere. But I still want JoWooD to fall, never to rise again.

If they had realised that selling to the American market isn't just making the graphics and really simple, linear gameplay, if they had realised that Americans tend to buy more polished games by well known names, instead of just diving for the graphics, if they had realised that alienating their existing fan-base was not the right way to go, if they had taken the trouble to listen to their fanbase, instead of ignoring them, none of this would ever have happened. We might have seen JoWooD actually rise to the top instead of crumbling like this. Their rise would have been slower and gradual but they might never have fallen like this. But for a quick temporary rise, they abandoned their future, and it was their decision. You may mourn the dead, but they'll never come live again.

I still want JoWooD to fall, never to rise again.

EDIT: Damn it, I should type faster. This post was meant to be 4 posts ago.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89
    banned

Yeezy ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh well maybe next time they shouldn`t lie their customers or insult their intelligence. Why would i care for someone who doesn`t care for me ?
    You know.. there are maybe three or four people responsible for the "lies". And all the other guys working for JoWood? They just work as employees, they do their job. No more, no less... how could anyone be glad about them becoming unemployed?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90
    Knight Avatar von TeLovesc

TeLovesc ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    People lie between themselves, and in all kinds of relationships. Why would you expect anything different from the publisher - consumer rapport?

I'm pretty sure a lot more companies out there have lied to you than just Jowood. Yet I don't see people going against everyone who's ever lied to them.
    people lie themselves but we don`t always pay for lies ,in Jowood`s case ,people pay :-)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #91

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TeLovesc Beitrag anzeigen
    people lie themselves but we don`t always pay for lies ,in Jowood`s case ,people pay :-)
    Point taken.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #92
    Apprentice Avatar von sub7zero

sub7zero ist offline
    I've been a fan of the series for 7 years and I still enjoyed Arcania
    That's weird

13. Beiträge anzeigen #93

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NatDis Beitrag anzeigen
    They abandoned their morals when they pushed stuff like FG and Arcania into the market. We abandon our morals in wishing their downfall.
    I really hope you're not comparing lying about superficial details to starving and being kicked out of your house.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #94

TudoracheMG ist offline
    @Subzero:Not at all.I had gotten over the fact that it would not be like the other Gothic games a long time ago,and instead played it as an entirely different game.It's okay to hate Arcania for "not being a Gothic game"(although factually it is,at least in the publisher's view,and it also has the name on the jewel case,but many people think the opposite),and it's okay to call Arcania the best game in the Gothic series.It's all about opinions,and I have never interfered when someone dissed Arcania.But as I said,please do not ruin the joy and excitement for those who await something so badly.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #95

sub7zero ist offline
    @Subzero:Not at all.I had gotten over the fact that it would not be like the other Gothic games a long time ago,and instead played it as an entirely different game
    Dear Tudorache That's exactly why i'm angry with jowood.
    i mean i would have nothing against them if they named arcania "Super mario"
    but instead they used the title "Gothic" to make such a 'fetch and deliver' game.
    Geändert von sub7zero (08.01.2011 um 18:04 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #96
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Yeezy Beitrag anzeigen
    You know.. there are maybe three or four people responsible for the "lies". And all the other guys working for JoWood? They just work as employees, they do their job. No more, no less... how could anyone be glad about them becoming unemployed?
    If they are any good they will find other jobs. They either believed in JoWood's ways in which case I'm glad they are out of jobs or they were simple mercenaries in which case they will get some other jobs with any other random company they don't care about.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #97

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Dear Tudorache That's exactly why i'm angry with jowood.
    i mean i would have nothing against them if the named arcania "Super mario"
    but instead thet used the title "Gothic" to make such a 'fetch and deliver' game.
    And that's absolutely normal.Ranting, posting constructive criticism or compliments is what makes a forum board dynamic and interesting to read (at least for me).But most of the time,there will be some people who will sit back and enjoy the game,more hesitant to post their opinion,and just wait for more games,news and updates to be released.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #98
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    sorry...i'm just used to it.
    Apology denied. Get used to a less annoying writing style. I mean, don't you learn to write properly at school?

I don't see why some people don't want JoWooD to fall - they're a bad, dishonest publisher, of course they deserve it.
    Geändert von Alwin (08.01.2011 um 18:15 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #99

sub7zero ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Alwin Beitrag anzeigen
    Apology denied. Get used to a less annoying writing style
    YES SIR

20. Beiträge anzeigen #100

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Alwin Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't see why some people don't want JoWooD to fall - they're a bad, dishonest publisher, of course they deserve it.
    We all want Jowood to fall, to a degree. Some of us simply realise the hypocrisy inherent to this desire. :P

Seite 5 von 21 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »