Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 21 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 401
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Knight Avatar von Gor_Na_Drak

Gor_Na_Drak ist offline
    Just gonna go a bit off topic here.

@The admins.

When they close down the JW forums and they all start coming over here you guys aren't gonna make some of those "mods" over there mods over here are you??

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Ranger Avatar von foris

foris ist offline
    IMO if PB is about to develope the sequels of Gothic, they should not let the expansion to be cancelled and ignore Forsaken Gods and Arcania.
    That would not only show disrespect to Spellbound's trial but would also disattract newbie player's attention seeing that the gothic series has gone too cheap(if you get the point).
    IMO they should actually help Spellbound's development and making them make a story with a good excuse so that they will actually manage to bring back the old nameless hero to the game, since more or less Gothic 3 endings are like ''The hero made his decision and became the ruler of Myrtana'' arcania doesn't bring so much trouble (he is a little old though,but still kicks ass).

Edit: Also think of the community patch team's work with Forsaken gods, that would make them sad since they would think that they have been working for nothing.
    By the way, I think that Jowood or Piranha bytes should pay these guys for their great work.
    Geändert von foris (07.01.2011 um 21:43 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gor_Na_Drak Beitrag anzeigen
    Just gonna go a bit off topic here.

@The admins.

When they close down the JW forums and they all start coming over here you guys aren't gonna make some of those "mods" over there mods over here are you??
    I doubt the forums are going to go down as well. They'll just probably take the database with them and migrate to another host.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Apprentice Avatar von sub7zero

sub7zero ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for explaining to us who Xardas is.
    No Comment.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45

Gor_Na_Drak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von foris Beitrag anzeigen
    IMO if PB is about to develope the sequels of Gothic, they should not let the expansion to be cancelled and ignore Forsaken Gods and Arcania.
    Ignoring them is exactly what they should do. Their best bet is either to do some sort of prequel, or take us into the unknown lands.

Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG
    Bankruptcy isn't what they are as of now,we will only know for certain in the next few months
    I meant morally.

Seriously though the steps they are taking mean 1 of 2 things. Either bankruptcy or belly up. For your sake and the sake your precious little addOn you better hope for the former rather than the latter. Bankruptcy is the only chance future Arcania addOns/patches have. Of course I'm seeing bankruptcy as it is in the U.S. Not sure how it works over there.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    Ranger Avatar von foris

foris ist offline
    Ignoring them is exactly what they should do. Their best bet is either to do some sort of prequel, or take us into the unknown lands.
    Well I agree that they have to make a prequel playing at the unknown lands, but still what about the sequels after that?? Isn't making an excuse to bring back the nameless hero into the game back in a supposed Gothic 5, and being a continuation of Gothic 4??

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Not really. I already ignore FG and Arcania.
    And you are not the only one.

Now who's believing what they say??
    damn, ... got me! But seriously, ... that's not ONLY said by JW, watching some forums today, all the ppl says that such things last that long, ... no chance to get something in 90 days.

@The admins.

I'm not an admin as you may know, but i answer anyway.
    Nope, at least for sure not automatically. But it's not excluded that someone who was a mod there could become a mod here, ... i mean that someone was a mod on JW-boards doesn't disqualify him/her for a mod-job in here.
    (We already assimilated a former JW-admin as a mod for wog, RoiDanton anyone?)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48

Gor_Na_Drak ist offline
    Well I agree that they have to make a prequel playing at the unknown lands, but still what about the sequels after that?? Isn't making an excuse to bring back the nameless hero into the game back in a supposed Gothic 5, and being a continuation of Gothic 4??
    Ah, I see your mistake. See there isn't a Gothic 4. There's just Arcania, and it ain't no Gothic. If they make a Gothic 5, meaning PB, I think they'll either make a prequel......personally if they did that I'd rather they go far back in time....pre-flood. Or they can take it from the Xardas ending of G3 and take us into the unknown lands. New lands, new characters to meet, new creatures to fight, new problems to solve.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49

Gor_Na_Drak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    damn, ... got me! But seriously, ... that's not ONLY said by JW, watching some forums today, all the ppl says that such things last that long, ... no chance to get something in 90 days.
    Not if it goes to court. But that's the point. If the party being sued (KM) feel that going to court and fighting this thing for years is more costly then settling out of court, they may do it. Or at least that's what JW is hoping for. I think it's just a gamble on JW's part because they are running out of other options. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Edit:

Sorry for the double post. Thought there was one in between there.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50
    Ranger Avatar von foris

foris ist offline
    Ah, I see your mistake. See there isn't a Gothic 4. There's just Arcania, and it ain't no Gothic. If they make a Gothic 5, meaning PB, I think they'll either make a prequel......personally if they did that I'd rather they go far back in time....pre-flood. Or they can take it from the Xardas ending of G3 and take us into the unknown lands. New lands, new characters to meet, new creatures to fight, new problems to solve.
    Yes I agree in that, they should really make a prequel and say what happened in the unknown lands these 2 years where the nameless hero had left.
    But there will only be 1 problem with that, there will be no other old characters except Xardas and the nameless hero himself.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    Or they can take it from the Xardas ending of G3 and take us into the unknown lands. New lands, new characters to meet, new creatures to fight, new problems to solve.
    Regerding this... I am playing Risen only for the second time these days and a crazy idea started growing inside my head.

At the end of G3 you end the war between gods and thus free the humankind from their influence. You could say that NH and Xardas managed to banish the gods from out world. Then they travel to a new and unknown world.

And then there is Risen. A game that takes place in a new an unknown world where the Gods have been recently banished and the mankind has been set free from that influence (thus relasing some bad titans).

Anyone see anything interesting about this? Maybe the world of Risen could be the Unknown World that NH and Xardas travel to...

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    Stop being selfish and hope so much for Jowood's going bankrupt,some of us are actually waiting for the Addon
    well , you can always donate a few bucks for good ol` jowood ,but you gotta admit they`re not far from failure :-)

well i guess they did see that coming ,it was Fall of Jowood what they had in minds

BTW it`s a bit past midnight and me and a couple of friends are drinking some beer ,i`m buying it tonight coz of the big news
    i`m really happy that they`re almost over ,Gothic was the game of my childhood . Those who haven`t played it 6-7 years ago can`t understand this, and should not even respond to my post coz i`m not interested in debating
    You stick to your opinion ,i`ll stick with mine .
    Geändert von warstrike (07.01.2011 um 22:22 Uhr)

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #53
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    So what does this mean, actually? That Gothic 3 and Arcania and Gothic 2 will stop showing up in shops because there's no-one left to produce them?
    PB would just have to find another publisher for the Gothic games, and Spellbound for Arcania, unless it also belongs to PB (arcania is considered to be a gothic, after all, despite what fans (and myself) say).
    The rights to the brand "Gothic" is by PB's. So, it would more be Arcania the strategy game, Arcania the card game, Arcania in space.
    Unless PB thinks they could make enough money from it, ofcourse.
    They will either buy Jowood, or further ensure Gothic's destruction.
    Isn't that the same thing?
    JW lawyer 2: "You know I think this might work.....think we can get them to settle out of court for x amount of $$$ within 90 days?"
    Not of Koch is smart.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that, "Gothic" is a strong brand in the german speaking countries, also in east europe and russia. I think that a game with Gothic in it's title, developed by PB can generate more sales than a Risen 3 by PBs.
    They would be stupid (economically-wise) to not get back to Gothic when the time has come (after Risen 2).
    I wonder if we'd ever see a Gothic Pen&Paper RPG game...
    There is some potential in it, at least.
    So, if JoWood does shut down, what would that bring to PB, Gothic series, and Gothic players, in exact terms?
    The rights to choose another publisher? Like Deep Silver (if they're interrested, ofcourse)?
    But it's pretty hard to develop a Gothic 5 and simply ignore FG and G4.
    Why not? Simply say that its a line of different choices and/or declare it to be apocryphal. Wouldn't be the first time that something that was canon gets turned apocryphal.
    Not really. I already ignore FG and Arcania.
    Not PB, not Gothic.
    Although I might consider playing it... if they offered me money to do so.
    Regerding this... I am playing Risen only for the second time these days and a crazy idea started growing inside my head.
    Maybe that's because PB had already started working on Gothic 4 when they broke up with JoWooD?

Still, too bad this news came a week to late, otherwise it would've made a nice birthday present.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    I'd love to see PB's look on how the big chars (Xardas, the mages, Gomez, Lee) developed through their youth.
    Neah, that would be like Smallville or Baby Looney Tunes. Which for me won't work. I'd like more back in time: Mountain Citadel, Mountain Fort, Monastery ruins, Fog Tower... all alive. Perhaps an even more medieval society. Or something like this:

I'd rather they go far back in time....pre-flood.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell

Bruell ist offline
    "the fall of setarif" almost sounds like a premonition.

By chance DS could buy the full rights to Gothic and all the assets for pennies.

Whether they go bankrupt over this or not, this message makes my day.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    That would not only show disrespect to Spellbound's trial but would also disattract newbie player's attention seeing that the gothic series has gone too cheap(if you get the point).
    IMO they should actually help Spellbound's development and making them make a story with a good excuse so that they will actually manage to bring back the old nameless hero to the game, since more or less Gothic 3 endings are like ''The hero made his decision and became the ruler of Myrtana'' arcania doesn't bring so much trouble (he is a little old though,but still kicks ass).

Edit: Also think of the community patch team's work with Forsaken gods, that would make them sad since they would think that they have been working for nothing.
    By the way, I think that Jowood or Piranha bytes should pay these guys for their great work.
    PB is not related to FG or Arcania in any way, except developing the engine and most of the assets of FG as part of G3. Also, PB only made the hero being the ruler of Myrtana as optional. The actual ending was the one in which he and Xardas left Myrtana. I don't think PB should care for any so called Gothic sequels after G3. At the end of G3, NH was one of the most powerful warriors in the world. Of course, it would cause problems in the hypothetical sequel by PB on how to weaken him again to provide a richer gameplay experience. Also, the story in FG and Arcania are so badly messed up that the only salvation of the Gothic series would be one which would ignore FG and Arcania. No, we don't care for SB's 'trial' as you put it, if it results in a game that doesn't even have the potential to be good.

If PB return to the Gothic series, they might make a tribute to the CPT for their tons of work on G3. But definitely not for FG.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57

Gor_Na_Drak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NatDis Beitrag anzeigen
    At the end of G3, NH was one of the most powerful warriors in the world. Of course, it would cause problems in the hypothetical sequel by PB on how to weaken him again to provide a richer gameplay experience.
    Actually that would be rather easy. Nameless and Xardas go through a magic portal in order to get to the unknown lands. Who can say what effect that might have on them both physically and mentally? It's not like people are popping in and out of that portal on a regular basis. The portal might sap them of their strength, their stamina, their magic, their memory, etc....whatever.

Not only that it could displace them in time. How about instead of going to the unknown lands they get thrown back in time to pre-flood Varant. Nameless meets the Eternal Wanderer sort of thing, and he and Xardas have to try to stop the war between the gods before it gets started in the first place 'cause that's the only way to really end it.

In any case with magic, or in this case a magic portal, the possibilities are endless.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    Neah, that would be like Smallville
    Hey, Merlin's good. :P

But yeah, I see your point. To each, his own.

Though I agree, a Maya/Inca/Aztec prequel for Jharkendar would be amazing too.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59
    Knight Avatar von TeLovesc

TeLovesc ist offline
    I`m very happy for this ! This is well-deserved . Good bye Jowood , close the door ! ahahah

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    But it's not excluded that someone who was a mod there could become a mod here, ...
    PLEASE not Lacni or Cesko, please not them D:::::::::

Anyway, I think it would be interesting to see how SB fares removed from Jowood's shackles. Maybe they could actually make a good sequel to Arcania, placed in the same universe, with a lot of lore, interesting characters, and generally apt gameplay.

I don't know what proportion of fail in Arcania is to be blamed on Jowood's commands or SB's ineptitude, though.

Seite 3 von 21 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »