Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 78
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

Kraelorn ist offline

Gothic style games

Hi, guys.
    I played only Gothic and Gothic II with addon and they were amazing. Havent played any games since then. Gosh, I wish I had more time back then, but now I have some time and interested in Gothic like role playing games. Can you recommend few? Thanks in advance.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz

Powaz ist offline
    Risen,

the closest game to Gothic.

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    Well, there are many "Gothic-style" games, that is RPG games, but none of them is quite like Gothic. Gothic is special in many ways, and for lot of us it is the best RPG ever. But you can also try Risen, which is a game made by the same company as Gothic, also, if you haven't played it, play Gothic III. As for other games, try The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is my personal second best.

Anyone from this site could give you an endless list of legendary RPG's which you should definately play, but there is no guarantee that you would like them. I think that if you told us what did you like about Gothic the most, or what would you expect from another RPG, we could help you better
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Local Hero

andorian22 ist offline
    The game most similar/familiar to Gothic II and III
    would be Two Worlds...in fact I'm pretending it's
    Gothic 4 (not Arcania, bleh)...I told Xardas to keep
    his meddlesome arse in Myrtana and I crossed over
    into a new world where I finally get to ride a beautiful
    steed and best of all I'm slaying hordes
    of orcs once again! It almost works and I am happy

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Veteran Avatar von Ast3r

Ast3r ist offline
    Gothic-like games?

Risen
    Arcania
    TES
    TW
    Fable (sadly doesn't have free roam)
    The Witcher is also a very good game...but again no free roaming
    Gothic 3 with CM Patches

Also there are other countless ones.Just look around and google.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ast3r Beitrag anzeigen
    Gothic-like games?

Arcania
    TES
    Fable (sadly doesn't have free roam)
    The Witcher is also a very good game...but again no free roaming
    These are not Gothic like games. They come into the same genre, but calling them Gothic-like is like being unable to distinguish between Red and Yellow because they together give Orange.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    the TES games do share many similarities with the Gothics, enough for them to be mentioned in this thread. Fable less so, though it is a very good lite action-RPG series.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Veteran Avatar von vic1968

vic1968 ist offline
    Try Venetica, is quite a real Gothic with girls. Only kidding man, the game is brilliant and it's worth a try.
    And also Divinity II can be interesting.

Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    the TES games do share many similarities with the Gothics, enough for them to be mentioned in this thread.
    Yeah, Morrowind can be, but Oblivion not, that's for sure.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Well, it's a sucky game, but despite that there still are a fair share of similarities... enough to warrant a mention here for the sake of those, IMO, but other than that, the quality of the game doesn't IMO make it worthwhile.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

vic1968 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    but despite that there still are a fair share of similarities... enough to warrant a mention here for the sake of those
    Ok, if you really want this.In any case, some German studio-SureAI-developed a mod: NEHRIM is the name, for Oblivion.That make the game quite interesting and, somehow, similar with Gothic.The mod is free, but there is a problem: somebody must play first Oblivion without this mod in order to enjoy NEHRIM because this is quite buggy.

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #11

Darth Crow ist offline
    Ok, seems like this is turning into another "go-to-hell-with-oblivion" and "oblivion-is-good" thread, and the thread creator has dissapeared in the meantime

BUT to add my own opinion () I hated Morrowind because it had next to none atmosphere, empty world, no voice overs and so on... on the other hand, Oblivion is quite atmospheric, and with like 60 mods installed, it is a really fun game to play...
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

vic1968 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Darth Crow Beitrag anzeigen
    I hated Morrowind because it had next to none atmosphere, empty world, no voice overs and so on
    Just a hint: please imagine that you are dreaming while you are playing Morrowind, this will explain "no voice" at least in my opinion.About the atmosphere: just spend some time in Ashlands and, after that, go to the Grazelands, I'm pretty sure that you'll be stunned.Mods: maybe is just me, but I think that Morrowind has much more mods than O.Anyway, a lot of people really loved Morrowind and that says a lot.

On topic:"Gothic like RPGs" can be made only by one company.The others are only dull replicas if any.

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #13

Darth Crow ist offline
    I dunno... I got pretty far in Morrowind but... somehow didn't get a taste for it. I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything, no, I respect it as a legend, I'm just saying that IMO Oblivion is more like Gothic that Morrowind... and that overall it is a better game.

VIVA GOTHIC!

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von vic1968 Beitrag anzeigen
    The mod is free, but there is a problem: somebody must play first Oblivion without this mod in order to enjoy NEHRIM because this is quite buggy.
    I would add that it utilises the frankly broken combat mechanics of Oblivion instead of integrating one of several combat mods. Also, Nehrim isn't the most user friendly when it comes to easing the player into the beginning. The traps part of the prologue is definitely too difficult for a beginner. It was only because I had completed Oblivion once before and was aware of the quick mana/magicka regeneration, combined with some odd collision mesh that I managed
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    to pull through after taking a wrong turn with the third appearance of the black troll.

But Nehrim is quite interesting, if rather linear at times. Definitely much better than Oblivion, even with less races and such. I only wish that they redo the combat system some time, so that you can actually aim correctly in third person view and hitting actually interrupts attacks. Probably something like Risen.

I would also like animations for most actions like opening chests, forging something and so on.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Omid-

Omid- ist offline
    Oblivion atmospheric? Nope. Oblivion more atmospheric than Morrowind? Oh hell no

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Local Hero

andorian22 ist offline
    How could ANYONE in their right mind even compare
    Morrowind with the Gothic games?

With its 1st person perspective, bland landscapes and lack
    of spoken dialogue, that is just for true fans.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Veteran Avatar von nirolF

nirolF ist offline
    Try Ultima IX: Ascension or Arx Fatalis

or check out the mods for G1 and G2
    Geändert von nirolF (28.11.2010 um 21:01 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NatDis Beitrag anzeigen
    Also, Nehrim isn't the most user friendly when it comes to easing the player into the beginning.
    Totally agree! I've played Nehrim and used the god-mode-cheat exactly 2 times, ... in the beginning sequence and in the end-fight (the end-fight was easier than the beginning, ... it just would have take too long, too little damage i made).
    But the rest of the game (it's so big and well done, that i have problems to call Nehrim a "mod") was really great, and closer to the gothics than oblivion was.
    I'd recommend everyone who owns oblivion to give that game/mod/Nehrim a chance, ... i've spend there more than 100 hours and enjoyed it!

The balancing of it is quite hard, imho, ... not an easy game for sure, but there are also helping things.
    If Nehrim is too hard:
    Just try to follow the main quest until you reach chp 2 and the monastery. There you can buy a magic staff which helps a lot!

Back to topic:
    Gothic-alike-games:

Arx-fatalis.
    Risen.

Maybe, if you take mostly g3 as reference, then Oblivion should be mentioned.

19. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Darth Crow Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm just saying that IMO Oblivion is more like Gothic that Morrowind...
    You're so wrong. Do you even have a reason to compare the two?
    The two games/series are completely different and even when they share elements, they handle them in very different ways.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Forgot to mention some serious item balancing issues in Nehrim.
    A simple example would be that there are 2 longswords which are absolutely identical except that one weighs much more than the other and is more expensive. The 2 longswords do the same amount of damage. Similar discrepancies are there in the armour.

One of the most difficult things in Nehrim is that like Oblivion, you cannot interrupt attacks.
    I nearly got killed by three goblins, in one of the chapels, one of which was an archer and kept shooting arrows into me even when I was slashing at it with all my fury. Even my power attacks did not interrupt it.

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »