Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 4 « Erste 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 78
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Adventurer Avatar von rhaz

rhaz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von .†.MikeL.†. Beitrag anzeigen
    ..and you thought of following their example right?
    yep

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Knight Avatar von Hav'caaren An'givare

Hav'caaren An'givare ist offline
    Although it isn't a "gothic" style game, I would recommend the Legacy of Kain series, mainly in this order: Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver II, Defiance and Blood Omen II. It's actually quite good, the series featuring an extensive storyline that is expanded during each game. Most of the individual games deal with a subset of the storyline; since the general timeline is non-linear, later games include pieces of the story from the past, present and future. The uniting element of the series is the unlife of the vampire Kain, but the story introduces the player to many other characters and sub-plots. Every game in the series is narrated in past tense by either Kain, Raziel, or both.
    The Legacy of Kain series has been received positively by critics. EGM called the plot of Blood Omen "complex - and gory - enough to satisfy even the most die-hard RPG player." Later games in the series were criticised for repetitive gameplay elements and unsatisfying conclusions, and review scores of subsequent titles trend downward.
    But even so, I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a good storyline.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Apprentice Avatar von Susanooo

Susanooo ist offline
    I second what Thordir said...Legacy of Kain series...one word "epic"...also would recomand Severance: Blade of Darkness...Divinity 2 DKS/The Witcher/Arx Fatalis/Risen/2 Worlds(with all patches)/2 Worlds 2 and there was a game(u were a girl in the game,and ur city was destroyed by some bad dudes),i don't remember the name(i think it was called Draken or something like that) it's been a long time since i played it...but i remember that u could have ridden a dragon...or transformed into one.It was a good game.
    Geändert von Susanooo (22.12.2010 um 08:59 Uhr) Grund: forgot to write a game

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Apprentice

Fnord ist offline
    You are probably thinking about Drakan: Order of the Flame. While riding a dragon is cool, and the game was fun, it is a 3rd person action game, closer to tomb raider than Gothic.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45
    Local Hero

andorian22 ist offline
    Drakan: The Ancients Gate is more similar, a rather puny
    rpg system, but on on PS.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    Hero Avatar von .†.MikeL.†.

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Susanooo Beitrag anzeigen
    I second what Thordir said...Legacy of Kain series...one word "epic"...also would recomand Severance: Blade of Darkness...Divinity 2 DKS/The Witcher/Arx Fatalis/Risen/2 Worlds(with all patches)/2 Worlds 2
    Legacy of Kain was one of the most boring games I've played and it's nothing like Gothic, it's a pure console action game, not even RPG. The witcher is a point and click hack and slash RPG if my memorry doesn't play tricks to me, again nothing like Gothic.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #47
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    The witcher is a point and click hack and slash RPG if my memorry doesn't play tricks to me, again nothing like Gothic.
    Not a hack & slash, but linear. Doesn't have the virtually open world Gothic has.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Well i don`t wanna sound like a fanboy but all this time i didnt play a game similar to Gothic. Not even ONE. Sure there are great RPGs out there but cannot be compared to gothic.
    If i may recommend you to play "Arx Fatalis" ,i find it awesome

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Well,supposedly,the Nehrim mod for Oblivion makes it quite similar to Gothic 3,so you might want to try it.Other than that,there would be Risen,there are not many games that bear similarities to Gothic

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50
    Local Hero

andorian22 ist offline
    So what were the precursors of Gothic?
    The developers must of got ideas from earlier games, huh?
    I played Crusaders of Might and Magic over ten years
    ago (a really, really tedious skeleton-killing spree) and
    the armors, weapons and magic all seem familiar.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von andorian22 Beitrag anzeigen
    So what were the precursors of Gothic?
    The developers must of got ideas from earlier games, huh?
    None and that's the very reason Gothic is so memorable, it's quite original.
    Also I could say that Divinity 2 Ego Dragonis is quite similar to Gothic (hadn't tried it until recently).

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Also I could say that Divinity 2 Ego Dragonis is quite similar to Gothic (hadn't tried it until recently).
    I disagree. Gothic was far more interesting and in some ways, more original than that. I think Divinity 1 is more similar to Gothic.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NatDis Beitrag anzeigen
    I disagree. Gothic was far more interesting and in some ways, more original than that. I think Divinity 1 is more similar to Gothic.
    Divine Divinity (a true masterpiece btw.) is a point and click RPG, while quest-wise is similar to Gothic it's nothing like it in any other way. Divinity 2 has a good quest system too and it is an action RPG, just like Gothic.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Divine Divinity (a true masterpiece btw.) is a point and click RPG, while quest-wise is similar to Gothic it's nothing like it in any other way. Divinity 2 has a good quest system too and it is an action RPG, just like Gothic.
    I thought more of the mood and questing instead of the actual gameplay. Also, the gameplay in Divinity 2 is pretty much that of Divinity 1 translated to a 3D rendering engine. Div1 doesn't look too happy or fresh (as in 'not tired') and even the music mostly supports the feel and the desperate mood. Div2 is a contrast too that, with only average music against Div1's great soundtrack, and a bright and happy world quite at odds with what is supposed to be going on. Very like Oblivion.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NatDis Beitrag anzeigen
    ....and even the music mostly supports the feel and the desperate mood. Div2 is a contrast too that, with only average music against Div1's great soundtrack, and a bright and happy world quite at odds with what is supposed to be going on...
    I don't know any game that has music that's as good or at least close to Divine Divinity (maybe some FF) and the music of Divinity 2 is more than simply proper and I didn't really find it that happy, though I'm still early on the game.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    I don't know any game that has music that's as good or at least close to Divine Divinity (maybe some FF) and the music of Divinity 2 is more than simply proper and I didn't really find it that happy, though I'm still early on the game.
    Later on, it will simply turn into wannabe epic tracks, especially when you take flight. Don't know when the composer lost his originality. Early on, the music isn't so bad.

In my opinion, some of the music in G3 is as good as that in Div1. But some of it is just plain too happy.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57
    Ranger Avatar von carnage12

carnage12 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    Not a hack & slash, but linear. Doesn't have the virtually open world Gothic has.
    Totally disagree, LOK series have a very interesting story and also miths, maybe you didnt played a long period to see how a cooliest story have.

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #58
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von carnage12 Beitrag anzeigen
    Totally disagree, LOK series have a very interesting story and also miths, maybe you didnt played a long period to see how a cooliest story have.
    I'm assuming you quoted the wrong person.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    That seems to be the case..

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60
    Ranger Avatar von carnage12

carnage12 ist offline
    Lol, yes my bad.

Seite 3 von 4 « Erste 1234 Letzte »