Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 12 von 15 « Erste ... 589101112131415 Letzte »
Ergebnis 221 bis 240 von 284
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #221
    Rookie

dinosaurex ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mdahm Beitrag anzeigen

There is no new DVD version of the game in sight. Only the Steam version, but that would be an even bigger download than the patch.

Please save the patch on USB stick, DVD or external hard drive, son you won't have to download it again.
    Danke for your response.

Steam and Valve have caused me many problems on my dial-up modem connection, so I will probably never buy anything again from Steam.

For months I could not update and play my games because the servers were always too busy and my connection would get terminated.

All I wanted to do was play my games off-line, but even that was not possible because the games could never finish updating.

When I changed my Internet Service Provider, I had to create an entirely new e-mail address, and Steam disabled my account which contained all my games.

I do not want to spend hundreds of dollars to repurchase all the games I already purchased, and I feel ripped off.

Your advice is good and I should copy the Forsaken Gods patch on a DVD-R after it finishes downloading.

Presently I have 47% of the patch downloaded showing over 83 hours to complete.

The estimated time always changes according to the bit rate streaming through my modem, but it appears this patch will not be finished downloading until early next week.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #222
    Rookie

dinosaurex ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mdahm Beitrag anzeigen

There is no new DVD version of the game in sight.
    Salut,

When you posted this comment, I felt disappointed because I always prefer to have a hard disc game DVD as I have no confidence in storing Internet games digitally.

Later upon reflection I realized that because JoWood went bankrupt and bombed with Arcania (which I enjoyed in some sections but not on the immersion level of the Gothic series or Risen), there would be no company willing to expend a large amount of money to manufacture cases, discs and booklets for the enhanced edition to be sold in stores based upon present weak economical conditions which decrease potential sales of re-releases.

Will this FG Enhanced patch be available for download from FilePlanet.com?

I am asking because the possibility exists that the Free Download Manager software program I am using to download this huge patch might accidentally corrupt the executive launch file code due to intermittent disconnections and reconnections with my dial-up modem land line.

Of course I will not know if the download is good or corrupted until I get it completed next week. If the patch works, then I will note it on this thread.

However, if the patch has been corrupted through my lengthy downloading process, then I have to decide if I should restart the download process all over again or give up hope and quit.

I have used the FilePlanet Download Manager program for their Gothic and Arcania patches, and usually downloads proceed smoothly, allowing for pauses and resumptions spaced days apart from logging online.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #223
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Why not use the torrent? It can resume just fine and correct its download errors.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #224
    Fighter

GeorgeK ist offline

rolleyes

................................................................................ .............
    Geändert von GeorgeK (28.03.2011 um 20:30 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #225
    Rookie

dinosaurex ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen

Why not use the torrent? It can resume just fine and correct its download errors.
    My only connection to the Internet is via my dial-up modem through my telephone land line which cannot transfer data any faster than 56 kbps.

From what I have read about torrent, the user must have a broadband connection to the Internet.

Apparently nobody has had problems executing the FG Enchancement patch, which is a good sign that I will be able to launch it successfully.

At this moment I have 76% of the FG Enhancement patch downloaded.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #226
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von GeorgeK Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey everyone, I reinstalled G3FG and the new patch. The game looks pretty good, except now the stuttering movements are still there and there's a mysterious flickering in the lighting that was almost non-existent in the original version.
    I doubt that anyone will be able to help you there, because your post is way to unspecific and you didn't tell us about your PC system. Would be best if you post a DxDiag.txt from your PC, and to flesh out what kind of flickering you mean, and when / where it shows up.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #227
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von dinosaurex Beitrag anzeigen
    Apparently nobody has had problems executing the FG Enchancement patch, which is a good sign that I will be able to launch it successfully.
    I think it depends (also) on the server from which you download, on some a reconnect doesn't work.
    For this patch, i've downloaded from WoG, for testing purpose i disconnected my internet while download with the normal firefox download thingy, after the reconnect i pressed pause and then continue in the download window, andd all went well.

and there's a mysterious flickering in the lighting that was almost non-existent in the original version.
    Lightning like torches and fireplaces? I had something like that when before I started other programms before, try to reboot your PC when such flickering show up.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #228
    Fighter

GeorgeK ist offline

rolleyes

Geändert von GeorgeK (28.03.2011 um 20:29 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #229
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    You apparently did not carefully read my post?
    I think you didn't read my post at all. Am I right? Otherwise, I don't know why you didn't react to a single question.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #230
    Rookie

dinosaurex ist offline
    Although I have no computer programming or hacking skills, I would like to have a question answered that I can reasonably comprehend.

From what limited accounts I have read about the release of patches from the Indian programmers who coded the original Forsaken Gods game, they released several sequential patches and then decided to make a final big patch.

However, this final patch release was delayed indefinitely and a European programmer traveled over to India where he personally met with the Indian team and brought the code back to Europe where it could be completed.

Apparently something went wrong and there was no patch news for a long time and JoWood declared bankruptcy, but then some Gothic fans decided to make the final Forsaken Gods patch in the same manner as the Gothic 3 community patches.

Many more days passed and then it was finally completed this month of March 2011.

Was the final incomplete patch from the Indian programmers used for the basic structure of this FG Enchancement patch, or were only selected portions of their code integrated into the Enhancement patch, or was the Indian programmers' patch basically discarded as useless?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #231
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Apparently something went wrong
    Yes, he couldn't get back from India, traveling the Silk Road is a dangerous task.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #232
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    From what limited accounts I have read about the release of patches from the Indian programmers who coded the original Forsaken Gods game, they released several sequential patches and then decided to make a final big patch.
    Nope, trine, the indian game devs made 1, 2, maybe 3 LITTLE patches, like you got 1 bug fixed but got added 5 new ones. There was never a big patch from them planned.

However, this final patch release was delayed indefinitely and a European programmer traveled over to India where he personally met with the Indian team and brought the code back to Europe where it could be completed.

That was CrazyIvan, our fairytale teller, ... yeah, i've heard that "story" also.
    Just don't believe everything you read. ... Maybe he was there and met the trine team, but not to carry the code from india to germany or austria, ... that was plain bullshit, ... the trine game devs works from bombay, and yeah, they HAVE internet too!

13. Beiträge anzeigen #233
    Rookie

dinosaurex ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen

Nope, trine, the indian game devs made 1, 2, maybe 3 LITTLE patches, like you got 1 bug fixed but got added 5 new ones. There was never a big patch from them planned.
    The information about potential patches seemed to be preceded by rumors followed by confusion about which patch was supposed to be uninstalled or reinstalled.

What I noticed when I tried installing different patches was that the last released version from Trine made some things in the game even glitchier and unplayable compared to the previous patch version.

JoWood should have contracted German programmers to develop this German Gothic module, not Indians who were raised with different cultural values.

Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen

That was CrazyIvan, our fairytale teller, ... yeah, i've heard that "story" also.
    Just don't believe everything you read. ... Maybe he was there and met the trine team, but not to carry the code from india to germany or austria, ... that was plain bullshit, ... the trine game devs works from bombay, and yeah, they HAVE internet too!
    The tale about traveling to India to get the code because the Indian programmers would not send it made no sense to me at the time I read it months ago because I imagined it would be very simple to upload all the files and zip it through cyberspace to Deutschland.

I wondered why the Indian programmers demanded that they meet the European face to face before they would give him the code.

I do not believe everything I read on the Internet, especially the designated release dates of video games, but I am fooled by skilled writers.

My current download progress completed is 81% with an estimated 30 more hours to finish downloading.

If the download is successful, my simple plan is to defrag my hard drive, then do a clean install of the Forsaken Gods DVD followed by launching the FG Enchancement patch.

If that is successful and FG operates normally without a complete systems crash including the blue screen of death, then I will make a DVD-R of the FG Enhancement patch and store that with my Gothic DVDs.

This would be so much quicker and simpler if I could buy a commercial release of the FG Enhanced Edition DVD, but supposedly that will not happen because of economic constraints.

When I first read about the FG Enhanced Edition, I imagined it would be like the Witcher Enhanced Edition sold at retail, but JoWood went bankrupt, so that FG option was forsaken.
    Geändert von dinosaurex (28.03.2011 um 05:46 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #234
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    The blue screens are usually not because of the game itself.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #235
    Lehrling

corsar95 ist offline
    Hello, I have a problem....big problem. I bought Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition in Steam, chosen german language, but in a game aren't any Voices! (Speech_German.pak is in the game folder). How can I "turn on" voices (in settings everything is ok).

P.S. Where can I download Russian language (Speech_Russian.pak etc.) for Enhanced Edition? (in Steam isn't russian language for this game)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #236
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von corsar95 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello, I have a problem....big problem. I bought Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition in Steam, chosen german language, but in a game aren't any Voices! (Speech_German.pak is in the game folder). How can I "turn on" voices (in settings everything is ok).
    Look into the ge3.ini and UserOptions.ini file.
    Search for the entry "Audio=German" and "VoiceLanguage=German".

Zitat Zitat von corsar95 Beitrag anzeigen
    P.S. Where can I download Russian language (Speech_Russian.pak etc.) for Enhanced Edition? (in Steam isn't russian language for this game)
    There is no Russian language file for the EE. Afaik you have to buy the Russian Gold version which includes the Russian language. But we have known this too late.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #237
    Apprentice

jersey john ist offline
    why won't the enhanced edition install? I uninstalled and reinstalled forsaken gods then downloaded the patch then click run and continue it says forsaken gods cannot be found and cancels installation
    Geändert von jersey john (28.03.2011 um 19:58 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #238
    Fighter

GeorgeK ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von jersey john Beitrag anzeigen
    why won't the enhanced edition install? I uninstalled and reinstalled forsaken gods then downloaded the patch then click run and continue it says forsaken gods cannot be found and cancels installation
    You have to navigate to where FG main game directory is, highlight the whole address and paste it into the window of the installer so that it knows where the game directory is.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #239
    Apprentice

jersey john ist offline
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\DreamCatcher\Gothic III - Forsaken Gods\Gothic III Forsaken Gods.exe" is this the game directory? where do you find the window of the installer?
    Geändert von jersey john (28.03.2011 um 20:56 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #240
    Apprentice

jersey john ist offline
    thanks Georgek I got it.

Seite 12 von 15 « Erste ... 589101112131415 Letzte »