Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 11 « Erste 123456710 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 204
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Local Hero Avatar von AlexX

AlexX ist offline
    I've a little question. Is someone there who can help us in creatin' 3D-village for Middlerus' mod? ^^

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Chosen One Avatar von rockfest

rockfest ist offline
    About dialogues....i saw that in the DIA scripts there were only "links" to the dialogues itselfs. First i tought that the dialogues were in there but there are only put as comments no? Or does the game reads those as dialogues? If i have to work in ou.bin or ou.csl then is there a special editor cause it looks very ugly in there..

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Pumpkins fly free  Avatar von Freddy

Freddy ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest
    About dialogues....i saw that in the DIA scripts there were only "links" to the dialogues itselfs. First i tought that the dialogues were in there but there are only put as comments no? Or does the game reads those as dialogues? If i have to work in ou.bin or ou.csl then is there a special editor cause it looks very ugly in there..
    No, these aren't links. This is the only time where a comment ist displayed (this solution is not very good). Gothic automatically searches a .wav-file with the name of the dialogue too.

There is no editor - you have to use the scripts or decompile.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44

rockfest ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Freddy
    No, these aren't links. This is the only time where a comment ist displayed. Gothic automatically searches a .wav-file with the name of the dialogue too.
    Thanks....
    btw....if i don't have the wav files gothic will run fine without them no?
    And if you are here let me ask you something else...i tried to compress an avi in a bik file but it doesn't play it. Do you know what did i do wrong? I read that the bik files should have the same settings as the ones from PB but the problem is that even the BIK player didn't played them...

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #45

Freddy ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest
    Thanks....
    btw....if i don't have the wav files gothic will run fine without them no?
    It doesn't matter. The text will be displayed.
    If your Gothic folder is very full (Mod Kit installed for example) the game will stop a secound while searching the dialogue. Without Mod Kit you will not sense a difference.
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest
    And if you are here let me ask you something else...i tried to compress an avi in a bik file but it doesn't play it. Do you know what did i do wrong? I read that the bik files should have the same settings as the ones from PB but the problem is that even the BIK player didn't played them...
    Gothic has no problem with different formats. I never had a problem.
    If the Bink player does not display the file it is corrupt. Use an AVI as source file (uncompressed, if possible).
    Which source did you use?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46

rockfest ist offline
    Gothic has no problem with different formats. I never had a problem.
    If the Bink player does not display the file it is corrupt. Use an AVI as source file (uncompressed, if possible).
    Which source did you use?
    I used an avi as a source file and the file wasn't corrupted. I created the bik file with the default settings from the Bink creator. *click* to see the settings.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #47

Freddy ist offline
    The bitrate is very high, but that should not be the problem (only filesize). Perhaps the is a problem with the codecs (video, audio) for your AVI. Which are they?

You may get an uncompressed file (very large!) with virtual dub.

Settings:
    video->Full processing mode
    video->compression->[uncompressed RGB]

audio->Full processing mode
    audio->compression->no compression

File->save as AVI

I had just an idea. There could be really a format problem: The resolution of the video should be able to be divided by 8. What is the resolution?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48

rockfest ist offline
    I had just an idea. There could be really a format problem: The resolution of the video should be able to be divided by 8. What is the resolution?
    The resolution is 1024x576....maybe this is a problem but you said something about codecs, i think that this might be it. I don't have any codecs installed for the avi, i use for playing files mplayer. I will try with virtual dub as you said but i think i will manage with this. Thanks for the help.
    Btw, can i replace the jowood intro(there aren't any rules wich forbid me to do so no?). If i can not then how can i insert a intro like the two in the game?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest
    I don't have any codecs installed for the avi,
    You can see the installed video-codecs with virtual dub:
    Video -> Compression shows you the installed codecs.

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #50

Freddy ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest
    The resolution is 1024x576....maybe this is a problem but you said something about codecs, i think that this might be it. I don't have any codecs installed for the avi, i use for playing files mplayer. I will try with virtual dub as you said but i think i will manage with this. Thanks for the help.
    No problem.
    Do you use the freeware media player classic? It has build-in codecs. They won't work with other applications. You need the true codec too. If virtual dub has a problem, try xvid. It display DivX-Movies too.
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest
    Btw, can i replace the jowood intro(there aren't any rules wich forbid me to do so no?). If i can not then how can i insert a intro like the two in the game?
    The only way is to replace the files in the _work\videos\ - Folder (the filenames cannot be modified by a mod). But then Gothic 2 and all other modifications have your altered video.
    A real rule isn't there I think. But it's a very unproper way.
    To use a new intro ingame you'll have to alter menu.d. Make sure that your intro has another filename and alter the instance for the intro (otherwise the original intro will be played).

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51

rockfest ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von werner
    You can see the installed video-codecs with virtual dub:
    Video -> Compression shows you the installed codecs.
    The problem is that i don't have any codecs installed. But i will install some when I'll have to do this.
    Do you use the freeware media player classic? It has build-in codecs. They won't work with other applications. You need the true codec too. If virtual dub has a problem, try xvid. It display DivX-Movies too.
    No. I use the freeware MPlayer( it's a linux player adapted for windows, i use it for about a year now and i never had to use codecs, until now ). I know that it has built-in codecs and they won't work with other applications so i will have to install some of them. Thanks for the hint...
    And this is the last question for tonight...sorry but i just reached at the dialogues part and of course that problems are here as well. ...
    What is the use of self and other in the outputs?
    Code:
    AI_Output		(self, other, "DIA_INNOS_HELLO_09_00");
    I mean what's the use so i know how to put them..
    And i almost forgot...i saw in that Gunther tutorial that i have to go in the spacer and use the output text. That was for g1 no? At g2 i don't have to do that no?

ok...enough bothering people this night...thanks for everything.

EDIT1 : Thanks Werner for the link. I will use it for sure...
    Geändert von rockfest (01.12.2005 um 22:12 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest
    The problem is that i don't have any codecs installed. But i will install some when I'll have to do this.
    I recommend the Gordian Knot Codec Pack, it has all you ever need codecs.

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #53

Freddy ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest
    And this is the last question for tonight...sorry but i just reached at the dialogues part and of course that problems are here as well. ...
    What is the use of self and other in the outputs?
    Code:
    AI_Output		(self, other, "DIA_INNOS_HELLO_09_00");
    I mean what's the use so i know how to put them..
    other,self is the dialogue from the hero and self, other from the NPC.
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest
    And i almost forgot...i saw in that Gunther tutorial that i have to go in the spacer and use the output text. That was for g1 no? At g2 i don't have to do that no?
    I'm not really sure what you mean. I think it's the compiling of the dialogues. Take a look at the page Diverses/Untertitel und Sprachausgabe in our Editing-WiKi (use http://www.world.altavista.com to translate). You also have to do this in Gothic 2
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest
    ok...enough bothering people this night...thanks for everything.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54

rockfest ist offline
    Ok...I've returned "home" and i didn't had time to check when i left if the text outputs from the dialogues show up on the screens(the choices appear and i checked now in the ouinfo.inf and the dialogues are in there) and i just realised that they don't appear in the game. So...must i do something else(except the fact that i deleted the ouinfo.inf and the the two from the cutscene directory and compile the .d scripts with the dialogues in the spacer) or am i doing something wrong?

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55
    Adventurer Avatar von RoAdam
    Slovenia -a country south of Austria-the central Evrope

RoAdam ist offline
    You guys seem as you know a few things about scripts. I want to ask: How do you do the trick about changing player mesh while playing, youst like in Gestranded and like possesed people in G2? Example if you want to create an object which would "merge with player" when you use it, so that there would be a new player with both meshes. Dont concern yourself with moving around. Joust rotating would be enough.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RoAdam
    There are not all meshes uncompiled in G2MDK.
    I have joined this thread to the editing-thread, because in here also german experts showing up sometimes, and to help them not to search many threads, please post editing questions only in here.
    Geändert von WernerTWC (04.12.2005 um 22:34 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57

rockfest ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RoAdam
    You guys seem as you know a few things about scripts. I want to ask: How do you do the trick about changing player mesh while playing, youst like in Gestranded and like possesed people in G2? Example if you want to create an object which would "merge with player" when you use it, so that there would be a new player with both meshes. Dont concern yourself with moving around. Joust rotating would be enough.
    I searched in the scripts and here's what i found :
    Code:
    if (NpcObsessedByDMT == FALSE)
    {
    Wld_PlayEffect("DEMENTOR_FX",  hero, hero, 0, 0, 0, FALSE );
    CreateInvItems 	(medium, ITAR_Dementor, 1 );	
    AI_UnequipArmor	(medium);
    AI_EquipArmor 	(medium, ITAR_Dementor);
    AI_PlayAni (medium,"T_PRACTICEMAGIC5");	
    Wld_PlayEffect("spellFX_Fear",  medium, medium, 0, 0, 0, FALSE );
    As you can see this is how the game does it :
    1. Playes the Dementor_Fx;
    2. removes the current armor;
    3. equipes the dementors armor wich covers his entire face.
    4. Playes T_Practicemagic5 animation;
    5. After that playes the fear effect(i guess this should be that red cloud);
    This is what you want to know?

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58

RoAdam ist offline
    You joined it to where? I was thinking about having a discussion here.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59

RoAdam ist offline
    Have you played some german mod called Gestranded. There in some squence it changes player basic mesh. If you put it in the other way, I want to do something like transforming.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RoAdam
    You joined it to where? I was thinking about having a discussion here.
    I have joined the thread you have opened ("Meshes in G2MDK") to this editing-thread.
    Fell free to discuss, but questions about editing should be asked in here, because the guys with the deeper knowlege don´t search the whole english-forum for questions, only this thread, so in here you get better and faster help than doing a new thread.

Edit:
    And please try to avoid double-postings, instead use the [Bild: edit.gif] -button, to edit your last post.

Seite 3 von 11 « Erste 123456710 ... Letzte »