Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 45
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81

Nikolai81 ist offline

Nameless and Thorus

In the penal colony, Thorus established himself as Captain of the Guard for the Ore Barons. Nameless arrived, and ruined it for him. Thorus then journeyed to Jharkendar and established himself as a Captain at Raven's Camp, until Nameless arrived and ruined it for him. Thorus then set sail for Myrtana and established himself as a Captain of the mercenaries at Trelis, though of course Nameless arrived and ruined it for him. After Nameless left the plane of existence, Thorus set himself up as a Commander of the orcish army of Myrtana, though of course Nameless returned to the world and ruined things for him. Thorus was driven out of Myrtana, and established himself in Varant, until Nameless came and pursued him through the many cities of Varant, ruining things for Thorus until he was forced to flee the continent. Thorus then settled down in the Southern Isles, but Nameless ruined it for him by conquering all the Southern Isles besides Argaan. Now, Thorus has established himself as leader of a small band of orcs in Argaan, and Nameless draws near...

I wonder if Nameless (Rhobar III) will end up... oh say, ruining things for Thorus again. If Thorus isn't 100 % devoted to the DESTRUCTION of Nameless when we meet him in Arcania, I will be deeply surprised. Thorus ought to have a BURNING HATRED for Nameless. It's as though the whole Gothic series has been about inadvertantly ruining Thorus' life. At this stage it wouldn't surprise me if Thorus breaks down like Beowulf does in this clip.
    Geändert von Nikolai81 (11.09.2010 um 06:18 Uhr)

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Avatar von Hav'caaren An'givare

Hav'caaren An'givare ist offline
    Bwahahaha
    This is the most funny thing in the whole Gothic series. Someone should kill him in Arcania, only for him to appear in Arcania II again.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TheThordir Beitrag anzeigen
    Bwahahaha
    This is the most funny thing in the whole Gothic series. Someone should kill him in Arcania, only for him to appear in Arcania II again.
    Yeah, it would be great, imagine. The new nameless manages to kill Thorus, Thorus' soul goes to another dimension, meets Beliar, Beliar makes him his no.1 commander, together with the Sleeper, and as soon as they prepare to set out and once again try to conquer and destroy the world, the old nameless appears and banished Thorus to the realm of the living
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Ranger Avatar von wolfgm

wolfgm ist offline
    lol but Nikolai81 has point. Thorus with unlimited patience, and understanding.
    WE ARE LEGION!!!!!!!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Veteran Avatar von miku-juku

miku-juku ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Philosophus Beitrag anzeigen
    The Nameless (Rhobar III) is supposed to be the evil guy in Arcania, right? My guess is Thorus will join forces with the new Nameless (the shepherd dude) to take revenge on the old Nameless.
    Which means new nameless fails...
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Q:How to fight in Arcania?
    Zitat Zitat von Petyamester Beitrag anzeigen
    My strategy was click click click click click click click click click click click click click click win.

Probably the coolest place in Gothic 3

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

Nikolai81 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Philosophus Beitrag anzeigen
    The Nameless (Rhobar III) is supposed to be the evil guy in Arcania, right? My guess is Thorus will join forces with the new Nameless (the shepherd dude) to take revenge on the old Nameless.
    But then, as Thorus and Shepherd are confronting Rhobar, Shepherd manages to break the curse on Rhobar, restoring him to his old self. Thorus is however not swayed by this; he insists on still killing Rhobar, for the countless humiliations he has caused him in the past. Due to this, Shepherd must defeat Thorus, and knocks him unconscious. Rhobar then sentences Thorus to life imprisonment in a new penal colony, thus utterly ruining things for him once again.
    Geändert von Nikolai81 (10.09.2010 um 22:02 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    The funny thing is that you have the option to
    kill Thorus in Gothic 1(when you teleport back to the Old Camp) and in Gothic 3(when you liberate Trelis). Which means it was impossible for him to be in the future Gothic games, maybe PB didn't intend for you to kill him when you returned to the new camp?
    Geändert von NCONiall (10.09.2010 um 22:58 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Sword Master Avatar von UR1Z13L

UR1Z13L ist offline
    In NOtr the Nameless didnt ruin things for Thorus.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Local Hero Avatar von Sorinash

Sorinash ist offline
    Maybe Thorus is not that angry on him,but i think the nameless pretty made him lose his faith of loyalty,as Thorus said in gothic II NOTR: "You know why I'm still alive? Because I've always been loyal to my people"

I mean that Thorus better thinks twice of staying loyal to someone that stays in nameless' way

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    I always liked Thorus and he was kinda the only NPC I really really respected. I remember arriving to the Old Camp after having my ass tanned by some scavengers, lizards and snappers and Diego sent me to talk to the Head of the Gurads. Thorus was just standing there, with that awesome armor of his and there was something in his voice and how he spoke. He was threatening but also gave a feeling of confidence and made me feel safe. I think that is why I felt so proud when that guard in the old mine told me Thorus wants to speak to me, right after I killed the queen.

In NotR I kinda felt happy to see Thorus and I liked how the whole thing ended with us kinda friends, and he made me feel that he really is a good guy, deep inside.

And of course, in G3, he again impressed me by being the only man to command orcs in the game, and I remember I was pretty happy when I managed to help him with some tasks.

Thorus is epic, one of the best characters in the game.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Thorus seemed to have a different character in G3 - I remember his voice full of gravity when he talked about how the bandit camp in NotR wasn't perfect but had worked, about what would happen to these people otherwise, finally saying that there were many gates in the world and maybe he'd meet NH again some day and all in all, he seemed a really serious guy and gave no hint of truly hating NH but in G3, he's different - he's now all high and mighty and completely against the presence of NH and thinks that he's nothing but a really sharp pain in the butt and even talks more light-heartedly (if those are the words I want) but still hates NH completely.

Oh well, I don't think that things will pan out this way in Arcania because the story of NH, of all people, being possessed makes no sense at all.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

Nikolai81 ist offline
    Judging by the official short story which Thorus appears in, it is highly likely that he will have established himself as King Ethorn's captain of the guard, or perhaps as one of his generals, by the time we meet him in Gothic 4. It's also likely that King Ethorn will be killed through the course of the game, one way or another, whether by Old Nameless or New Nameless. In any case, I think the odds are very high that a Nameless One will ruin things for Thorus again.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Sword Master Avatar von UR1Z13L

UR1Z13L ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NatDis Beitrag anzeigen
    Thorus seemed to have a different character in G3 - I remember his voice full of gravity when he talked about how the bandit camp in NotR wasn't perfect but had worked, about what would happen to these people otherwise, finally saying that there were many gates in the world and maybe he'd meet NH again some day and all in all, he seemed a really serious guy and gave no hint of truly hating NH but in G3, he's different - he's now all high and mighty and completely against the presence of NH and thinks that he's nothing but a really sharp pain in the butt and even talks more light-heartedly (if those are the words I want) but still hates NH completely.

Oh well, I don't think that things will pan out this way in Arcania because the story of NH, of all people, being possessed makes no sense at all.
    Just one of the charecters that change pesonalities and was ruined in G3. That is why i dont like this game, it is like another company made the game, a company that didnt play G1,2

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    In NotR I kinda felt happy to see Thorus and I liked how the whole thing ended with us kinda friends, and he made me feel that he really is a good guy, deep inside.
    I think the best moment in the whole Gothic series is when you confront Thorus about Raven's murder. How he afterwards speaks with gravity and seriousness and a little bit of... how should I call it? I don't know. But there's something immensely epic about that scene.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    I think the best moment in the whole Gothic series is when you confront Thorus about Raven's murder. How he afterwards speaks with gravity and seriousness and a little bit of... how should I call it? I don't know. But there's something immensely epic about that scene.
    Well, after years of serving others he is finally in charge, and of course he is a little scared, not knowing if he will make it, but tries not to show it.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, after years of serving others he is finally in charge, and of course he is a little scared, not knowing if he will make it, but tries not to show it.
    This camp is the only thing we have left. It may not have always run to perfection, but it DOES run. And with every person you kill, another piece of our community breaks up.

We are bandits. Outcasts, lawbreakers, desperados. Wherever we go, we're hunted, locked up and killed. There is no better place for us than this, no better time than now.
    . .

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Apprentice Avatar von shomx

shomx ist offline
    It is funny thing that i kill him time and time again but he is always come back allive....And i think he is not all that patient see how he greets hero in G3 Oh NO you again, and when u say to him "It wil be all alright" he answers "Dont me ever hear you say that thing again" and get rally mad

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    banned

Kratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von shomx Beitrag anzeigen
    It is funny thing that i kill him time and time again but he is always come back allive....And i think he is not all that patient see how he greets hero in G3 Oh NO you again, and when u say to him "It wil be all alright" he answers "Dont me ever hear you say that thing again" and get rally mad
    Welcome at WoG Forum §welcome.

@Topic:
    It's a good idea, the connection of this both is quiet funny.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Apprentice Avatar von shomx

shomx ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kratos Beitrag anzeigen
    Welcome at WoG Forum §welcome.

@Topic:
    It's a good idea, the connection of this both is quiet funny.
    Thx

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Apprentice Avatar von raz180490

raz180490 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NCONiall Beitrag anzeigen
    The funny thing is that you have the option to
    kill Thorus in Gothic 1(when you teleport back to the Old Camp) and in Gothic 3(when you liberate Trelis). Which means it was impossible for him to be in the future Gothic games, maybe PB didn't intend for you to kill him when you returned to the new camp?
    Thorus' death is non-canonical, so is the whole returning to the Old Camp in Gothic 1, since most of the important characters from there reappear in the sequels.. Oddly enough no one knows anything about Gomez...
    "Pain is a question of willpower."

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »