Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline

[G2] Daedalus via panel

Can I effect D commands through the Marvin F2 panel? I mean, stuff like:

play_ani(aniname,Xardas);

or what-have-you. I know that's not the exact way of doing it but I'm speaking theoretically.

I'm asking this, again, because I want to make some comics, and that requires certain animations to be played on certain characters. With F6 I can't do it because the character I possess cannot be animated, and I know of no way that I can make anims occur in focus NPCs for instance, rather than on the player character.

So what I am asking is: how can I get PCs and NPCs perform animations when freemode is on? I can control a third character which could be out of sight and have animations happen only to the focus chars, but I don't know how to do it.

Also, how can I de-activate toggle desktop, without exiting the game?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    Blindly type tdes [and hit return], ... if you wanna move or do something it's like:
    - tdes (toggle desktop activated)
    - f2 (console deactivated)
    - do what you wanna do
    - f2 (console activated)
    - tdes (toggle desktop deactivated)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Can I effect D commands through the Marvin F2 panel? I mean, stuff like:

play_ani(aniname,Xardas);

or what-have-you. I know that's not the exact way of doing it but I'm speaking theoretically.

I'm asking this, again, because I want to make some comics, and that requires certain animations to be played on certain characters. With F6 I can't do it because the character I possess cannot be animated, and I know of no way that I can make anims occur in focus NPCs for instance, rather than on the player character.

So what I am asking is: how can I get PCs and NPCs perform animations when freemode is on? I can control a third character which could be out of sight and have animations happen only to the focus chars, but I don't know how to do it.

for play any commands, you can find most of them like this:
    c marvin c
    then focus on a character and press G(or T i forgot)
    some letter will show on our screen, there you can see some commands for play any which are sticked to that character eg. in the old camp you see some digger washing in the morning, focus on them press G (or T) and you will see how is written that play any command, i hope i dodn't confuse you

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

ICFabian ist offline
    Yeah, I know that -- but it's horrible enough that I will have to do some serious animation gymnastics (editing files to make animations static, if that makes any sense), this would require sleight of hand that I don't think I can muster. Control a character, type an animation in a fraction of a second, switch back, type the animation in the other char, then zoom out with F6... Maybe if I could control physical time.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

ICFabian ist offline
    Aah, thanks Werner for that thread, the last poster made me figure something: I can make routines for characters that involve playing animations over and over again. It'll require some work but at least it will function right.

I could make different versions of characters that use a lot of various anims and simply remove the NPCs I no longer have any need for.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Aah, thanks Werner for that thread, the last poster made me figure something: I can make routines for characters that involve playing animations over and over again. It'll require some work but at least it will function right.
    Yes, ... the other way the one suggest, just for the sake of entirety, ... you can cheat yourself into other NPCs, use that usual play ani cheat, ... then you have to "kill" the NPCs AI with that "edit ai = 9999999" cheat, then the NPC should keep that ani after you "leave" him.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

ICFabian ist offline
    Thanks. I'll try that too.