Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Veteran Avatar von [Spawn]

[Spawn] ist offline

Can't reinstall IronKeep patch 2.10

I had the Win7+nvidia fix already in my Gothic II Gold directory. Then I accidentally installed the patch with the Win7+nvidia stuff checked, which messed up my game. Oh and when I finished installing the patch, it couldn't make an uninstall log or sth. So I had to "force uninstall" it (also removing the title from the add/remove programs place with ccleaner). And then I uninstalled the game and deleted the folder.

Did a fresh install and tried to apply the patch, tells me I already have it in my system. So, how can I remove all traces of the patch so I could reinstall it?

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Well, deleting the registry keys should fix that.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Veteran Avatar von [Spawn]

[Spawn] ist offline
    Lol, why didn't I think of that. Went to regedit, searched for "ironkeep" and there it was. (:

/edit: still, it failed to create the uninstall log stuff and thus aborted the installation. Now when I open the .exe I see the intro videos, but the main menu is completely black. I mean the screen is black. I don't see anything, but hear the clicks as I scroll through the menu.
    Geändert von [Spawn] (22.07.2010 um 17:46 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Try using Windows Install cleanup.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Apprentice Avatar von Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae ist offline

Angry Curses!

Aaaarg! Installing the 2.10 patch turns my game into the German version. The NotR loading screen is "Das Nacht..." instead of "The night of the raven" and the text for the "gothic 2 is configuring" is in german, too. And then the game crashes during configuration, I get an error.

I downloaded the 2.10 exe from the G2 modification folder on the GII zone. Could I somehow have gotten the german version? If so, could someone throw up a link to the English version? This is about the fifth time I've had to uninstall and reinstall Gothic 2 - no mean feat since I've got the 4-disc set of Gothic Gold! Please help!

EDIT: and a perpetual problem with the ironkeep patches for G2 - uninstaller fails to configure and the installation aborts at the end.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Alaisiagae Beitrag anzeigen
    and the text for the "gothic 2 is configuring" is in german, too. And then the game crashes during configuration, I get an error.
    Have you tried to configure it before applying the patch? What option exactly do you try to change when the game crashes?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Apprentice Avatar von Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae ist offline
    I've posted more details in the 2.10 release thread.

I was mistaken, it isn't a configuration thing, it is the Virtual Disc File System that runs the first time I launch the game.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    ---> moved to the Ironkeep Forum. (From Help).