Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Adventurer

*Mud* ist offline

Did you..

Did you ever try to access old locations that where available in the G1 Valley Of Mines, but where rendered unreachable/unfinished in G2?

I remember playing G2 the second time around, i decided to see if I could still get into Xardas' sunken tower, but only found a few chests :P I also wanted to see if I could still get to the free mine, but sadly it was blocked off. i eventually used the "k" cheat to get passed obstructions, but it was just s
    shards of animation and land :P

Not to mention I also got past the Orc wall and found empty land. Just a random thought to also ponder, do you think one of the possible reasons why they included the orc wall in the valley of mines in G2 was to avoid having to do extra work by furnishing a whole other side of land feverishly? I feel like with that wall there, it cuts off half the valley.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Local Hero Avatar von Sorinash

Sorinash ist offline
    1. i did all you mentioned,even more =),you would do this if you really like gothic,and i reaaaaaally do ,and could be because of curiosity too
    2. i think they didn't want to extend the game with such things like a big army,instead they did a pretty funny thing,putting the orc wall with nothing but a little notice inside it =)

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    as far as i remember about this orc wall they said it was not "part" of the story cause the brotherhood left and so on...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Did you ever try to access old locations that where available in the G1 Valley Of Mines, but where rendered unreachable/unfinished in G2?

I remember playing G2 the second time around, i decided to see if I could still get into Xardas' sunken tower, but only found a few chests :P I also wanted to see if I could still get to the free mine, but sadly it was blocked off. i eventually used the "k" cheat to get passed obstructions, but it was just s
    shards of animation and land :P
    I did all of that, except for the getting past by cheats part, since I've already learnt of what's behind the wall before that.

Not to mention I also got past the Orc wall and found empty land. Just a random thought to also ponder, do you think one of the possible reasons why they included the orc wall in the valley of mines in G2 was to avoid having to do extra work by furnishing a whole other side of land feverishly? I feel like with that wall there, it cuts off half the valley.
    It definitely is one of the possible reasons, they've done this everywhere they could. Can't blame them for it though, especially since the orc wall sort of makes sense. Although only sort of - I, as an orc commander, would have just overran the valley straight away, along with the whole Khorinis, instead of leaving the paladins and the hero a load of time to do whatever they can to further the cause of Innos.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von CrashMorraKan Beitrag anzeigen
    as far as i remember about this orc wall they said it was not "part" of the story cause the brotherhood left and so on...
    brotherhood became seekers

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    I never bothered to look what is behind the orc wall, because I played G2 several times before I got myself G1, so I never realized there could be something behind it.

Also I'm not the type of player to make use of exploits and cheats.
    What I did do though was trying to climb on top of everything and see what's beyond...
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Hero Avatar von .†.MikeL.†.

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zerion92 Beitrag anzeigen
    brotherhood became seekers
    Aye all Seekers are people from the Brotherhood of the sleeper, poor fellas, they couldn't make it without their magical weed

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    behind the ork wall there is a sign from the Might Alien Dwarf

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von .†.MikeL.†. Beitrag anzeigen
    Aye all Seekers are people from the Brotherhood of the sleeper, poor fellas, they couldn't make it without their magical weed
    that's why weed is bad for your health, if you smoke and start gettin' high then there is high probability to become a dark cloaked mad man who shoots fireballs and lightings at some nameless guy

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT

RageGT ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sorinash Beitrag anzeigen
    1. i did all you mentioned,even more =),you would do this if you really like gothic,and i reaaaaaally do ,and could be because of curiosity too
    2. i think they didn't want to extend the game with such things like a big army,instead they did a pretty funny thing,putting the orc wall with nothing but a little notice inside it =)
    Did it too and agree with you in 2. Although there would not be much land mass to work with past the barrier and before the sea. And it's pretty funny to read that board, indeed.

Like posted above, I've also played G2 quite a few times before even buying G1 - (G2 is the only Gothic released in the box where I live - Got G1 from PB site years later).

And only after finishing G1, act 2 of G2 became a very different game to me. The whole Gothic 2 actually but Act 2, soon after finishing G1, I felt.. "wow.. this makes much more sense now!" - And I explored it much more throughoutly this time and yes, tried to revisit it all, including the very crazy mountain climbing exploration I did right at the start of G1.

It was an awesome trip. Only the Dragons were alive when I left for act 3. Starting Act 4 now so I take my leave... have a bunch of Dragon Hunters to join now! =)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Adventurer Avatar von patrickfitzpatrick

patrickfitzpatrick ist offline
    The Orc Town and the sleeper's temple are gone too, along with the troll canyon and the old mine...a lot is missing, it would have been a lot more fun if they hadn't put in the orc wall, you explore the Fog Tower and swamp of the brotherhood again.