Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 8 von 8 « Erste ... 45678
Ergebnis 141 bis 158 von 158
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #141
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    sorry for my post in the ICP 1.00a trhead I have understood only now that this is the newest version.

So: which are he differences that are present in this patch and not present in HoP?

p.s I see that this patch is also for gothic classic. does this work for NOTR?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #142
    Rookie Avatar von Chrispm84

Chrispm84 ist offline

Torrent for Gothic II CP v2.10

Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    keep trying that link, there is no other.

edit: okay, the server is behaving funny and us usual, without a possible explanation. Try this direct link instead.
    Ok, guys... I spent about an hour trying to find a good link to the manual install of the community patch. The installer didn't work and prevented me from attempting a re-install. Every link was dead, except for one on the 5th page (in the above quote). Considering that all other links died, I decided to create a torrent for this patch. Even if the link on the 5th page dies, if a few people seed this, then the patch will be around for a long time and allow many people to play this amazing game, nearly bug-free. Please, help me seed this! Thanks, everyone.

Gothic II Community Patch v2.10
    Geändert von Chrispm84 (11.06.2012 um 21:42 Uhr) Grund: Referenced direct link in quote.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #143
    Rookie

vyvexthorne ist offline
    Just thought I'd chime in.. ^it's good that you put a rar file up. It's bad that it takes 2 hours for it to download from a torrent site.

A simple solution to the patch not running correctly if you get the error "2.10 already installed." or if you want to "manually" install it is to run the patch to where it wants to run. "Jowood productions software AG." and then manually move the patch to where you have gothic 2 installed overwriting existing data.

If you get the error "2.10" already installed." run regedit and do a file search for the ironkeep studio folder. Delete the ironkeep folder containing gothic 2 patch info and patch.exe will now run again.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #144

Chrispm84 ist offline
    Just thought I'd chime in.. ^it's good that you put a rar file up. It's bad that it takes 2 hours for it to download from a torrent site.
    Yeah, that is too bad. Of the 20 or so people that have downloaded it, not one has decided to help me upload it...

A simple solution to the patch not running correctly if you get the error "2.10 already installed." or if you want to "manually" install it is to run the patch to where it wants to run. "Jowood productions software AG." and then manually move the patch to where you have gothic 2 installed overwriting existing data.
    The main problem was that it couldn't be installed after the first failed attempt. See below.

If you get the error "2.10" already installed." run regedit and do a file search for the ironkeep studio folder. Delete the ironkeep folder containing gothic 2 patch info and patch.exe will now run again.
    I spent half an hour in regedit to make sure I got every key related to Ironkeep. Even after deleting them all, it still wouldn't run. The only option was to use the manual install, which unfortunately, proved more time-consuming to find then I had originally thought. Which is the main reason I posted this. Had someone else done this, it would've made my life so much easier. I figured I'd help the next poor guy who ran into this crap.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #145
    Rookie

vyvexthorne ist offline
    Wow.. that's weird that it wouldn't install after deleting the registry. Mine was in hkey_local_machine\software\wow6432node\Ironkeep studios. "windows 7" (I always forget about the patch doing this when I decide to re-visit this game and then end up having to figure it out all over again )

Is it not allowed to use a free file sharing site like 4shared or something?

Now I'm trying to figure out the widescreen thing again.. I swore I had it figured out before and you didn't have to trigger a conversation to keep the aspect correctly but maybe that's a false memory. Kind of bugging me because I die a lot.
    Geändert von vyvexthorne (05.08.2012 um 07:49 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #146

Chrispm84 ist offline
    Well, I know that the game was kind of "under the radar" so I didn't think many people would be looking for the patch. I made a torrent, because I was hoping I'd get a few people helping to upload it. And as long as just one person is uploading it, it'll always be there. I figured the last thing the game needed was another dead link, lol.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #147
    Rookie

pawq ist offline
    I've just installed the patch and it has overwritten half of the polish texts in the game, so I want to get rid of it.
    Unfortunately, it didn't install correctly as for most people here (the uninstaller is not there), so I can't. Also, I can't reinstall the game because I don't have it at hand at the moment (and won't have for the nearest month).
    I hope and assume that the uninstaller is contained in the .rar of the patch, which would allow me to return to the original version, so
    could somebody please reupload that .rar?
    It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Craving Gothic fan

8. Beiträge anzeigen #148

Chrispm84 ist offline
    Well, had a HDD failure and didn't have a backup of the manual install for the patch. I did find another download location for the installer, however.

There are two links to the same file, below. Use whichever works for you.

Link 1 (Original Source)

Link 2 (Dropbox Mirror)
    Geändert von Chrispm84 (27.06.2013 um 17:43 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #149
    Neuling

kesrith ist offline

Dialouge in english

Hello.
    I have the german Gold version of the game, but it seems everytime I install the patch, the dialouge fix is applied too. This turns all the dialouge options into english. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
    Also before you ask: Yes I did uncheck the box during installation of the patch.
    Hope someone can help me with this, even though it is not a gamebreaking issue.

Edit: I was able to resolve the issue by not overwriting the vanilla Gothic.dat with the patched Gothic.dat.
    Does anybody know if this means that some of the patch changes are not applied?
    Geändert von kesrith (11.11.2012 um 19:16 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #150
    Rookie

pawq ist offline
    yep, unfortunately
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    Part of the translation is in ou.bin, and another part is indeed in Gothic.dat. But Gothic.dat does indeed include all of the game scripts, so yeah - by replacing that file you effectively nullify 95% of the patch.
    I finally got the manual installer but the uninstaller wasn't there, so with a great sense of guilt i've downloaded and reinstalled the game. Never before have I pirated something I had bought.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #151
    Neuling

kesrith ist offline
    Well that sucks. Is there any way to make the patch not install the dialouge fix?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #152
    Rookie

pawq ist offline
    i've read pretty much the entire topic and from what i know - no
    i'm just continuing without it, added just the new textures
    the bugs are funny ;D

13. Beiträge anzeigen #153
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    Ironkeep instead of realease an exe file that often doesn't even work (and it isn't "uncompressable" either with 7zip or winrar) could you make a zip, rar, 7zip file containing every files we need (gothic.dat, ou.bin, ecc..). Because it is quite ugly to realease somthing in that way unless it is a whole program. I'd alwalys like to have a portable version

14. Beiträge anzeigen #154
    Rookie Avatar von masternr

masternr ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Frank-95 Beitrag anzeigen
    Ironkeep instead of realease an exe file that often doesn't even work (and it isn't "uncompressable" either with 7zip or winrar) could you make a zip, rar, 7zip file containing every files we need (gothic.dat, ou.bin, ecc..). Because it is quite ugly to realease somthing in that way unless it is a whole program. I'd alwalys like to have a portable version

Exactly my thoughts.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #155
    Just arrived Avatar von Ragnaris

Ragnaris ist offline
    In case anyone is having issues with the automatic installer as I am, try using the manual installer here. I'll host this is if ever goes down at some point.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #156
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ragnaris Beitrag anzeigen
    In case anyone is having issues with the automatic installer as I am, try using the manual installer here. I'll host this is if ever goes down at some point.
    Thank you

17. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #157
    Apprentice Avatar von sunnyb0y

sunnyb0y ist offline
    With this patch, what are the requirements to learn the Dexterity potion from the alchemist? I signed up as his apprentice and he was able to teach me the strength potion recipe right away, but not the dexterity potion.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #158
    Just arrived Avatar von snappi

snappi ist offline

.rar archive

Zitat Zitat von Ragnaris Beitrag anzeigen
    Many thanks.
    Had the uninstaller problem with .exe when patching GoG release.

Edit: This turned out to be a jolly ride.
    After extracting the archive in root directory (in my case it is C:\Program Files\GOG.com\Gothic 2 Gold) the game showed the usual Gothic2 has stopped working error. Then i read Epsilonn's post and removed ddraw.dll from extraction - the game now works.
    Then i read this lovely Larisa's FAQ, i removed wined3d.dll and libwine.dll - the game still works.
    I am running a laptop with integrated Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset and Win7.
    Geändert von snappi (17.03.2013 um 16:47 Uhr)

Seite 8 von 8 « Erste ... 45678