Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 8 12345 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 158
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline

[Release] Gothic II - Community Patch v2.10

Hello WoG Community,

We are pleased to announce the latest incarnation of our G2 Patch. Due to the buggy state of our last release, we decided to scrap the old patch and rewrite this one from the ground up.

During our rewrite, we removed certain feature addons that transcended the purposes of a patch, and tried to concentrate purely on bugfixing. Due to this, we have decided to remove the Alternative Balancing system from our patch, as it caused several issues, particularly in our latest release, without being truly necessary.

We have also implemented a workaround for Windows 7-NVidia GPU users suffering from outdoor rendering issues. The option is available in the custom install. You do not need to install it if you are not suffering from the above issues.

Finally, this will be the last version of our patch. We have no immediate plans to do any more work patching G2, and we are currently debating support for the W7-NV workaround. We thank you for your continued interest and support. And without further ado, download away .

Best Wishes,

Korianous

Mirrors (more coming):

IKS Website
    World of Gothic

RAR for Manual Install

Changelog:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    CHANGELOG:

__v2.10__

English Only:
    - Translated dialogue lines that were still in German to English.
    - Miscellaneous text corrections (English only).

General:
    - Workaround for the outdoor rendering issue on NVIDIA Graphics Cards. Experimental!
    - Fixed improperly equipped items on certain NPCs.
    - Fixed the calculation of XP received, when pickpocketing certain individuals, now changed to NotR system. (Cavalorn, Franco, Francis, Valentino, Salandril, Dobar, Engor)
    - NH will now receive experience when adding Lester and Lares as crewmembers.
    - Improved Camera Adjustment, FOV on Widescreen monitors should see an improvement.
    - Contains the "2.6 report executable", which is a requirement to run many mods (ours even has the english logo)

Khorinis:
    - Fixed issues with Igaraz & Agon during the "Test of Fire" quest.
    - Fixed the "Stuck Ornament Bug" with Lares.
    - Fixed the bug where Sekob was unbeatable even after becoming hostile during the "Sekob Misses His Wife" quest.
    - Rosi now properly parts company with the hero at Onar's Farm during the "Sekob Misses His Wife" quest.

VOM:
    - Fixed a bug where Biff would repeat a certain piece of dialogue infinitely, such that it was impossible to step away from him.
    - Corrected an issue where the Dragons would occasionally yield no trophies.
    - The Orc Attack video will no longer crash the game.

Addon World:
    - Fixed an issue with Samuel's trade inventory.
    - Fixed a bug that prevented completion of the Bandit's Tower Quest.
    - The NH now properly gives an Elixir of Healing to Pardos instead of 3 Essence of Healing Potions when this dialogue option is selected.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.
    Geändert von Tratos (12.07.2011 um 19:48 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    no AB

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Veteran Avatar von ZombieNL

ZombieNL ist offline
    I am playing G2 NotR with CP v2.0 now.
    If i want to upgrade to v2.10, do i need to start a new game after upgrading,
    or can i continue from my current save-game?

and did you also fix the conversation problems in the bandit camp?
    What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ZombieNL Beitrag anzeigen
    I am playing G2 NotR with CP v2.0 now.
    If i want to upgrade to v2.10, do i need to start a new game after upgrading,
    or can i continue from my current save-game?
    It's highly recommended that you do so.

and did you also fix the conversation problems in the bandit camp?
    Should be fixed, yep, since afaik we never had that problem with earlier versions and we started this one from scratch.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Apprentice Avatar von Omgom

Omgom ist offline
    Recommended but what kind of issues are we looking at if it's installed with the old patches?

I have the 2.0 running with the 1.0a AB running. I couldn't figure out how to install the Elite Orc AI hotfix, so they are broken.

I've invested quite a bit into clearing everything possible in chapter one and just started chapter three. Would hate to lose that 40ish hours.

Though thank you very much for your hard work. If it does require a restart I suppose I will wait for some more finalized version for a second play through. The way of the mage is calling my name.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Omgom Beitrag anzeigen
    Recommended but what kind of issues are we looking at if it's installed with the old patches?
    We recommend you don't do so, but it's your choice. Stuff may not work as intended though, so if something goes wrong, we may not be able to reproduce your errors and such.

Though thank you very much for your hard work. If it does require a restart I suppose I will wait for some more finalized version for a second play through. The way of the mage is calling my name.
    This is the last version, so, about as final as it gets.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

Omgom ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    This is the last version, so, about as final as it gets.
    Oh snap. So with the AB gone does that mean that stats go back to the old way? 2:1 after 30?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8

Korianous ist offline
    Oh snap. So with the AB gone does that mean that stats go back to the old way? 2:1 after 30?
    Yep. AB was just causing more problems than it was helping. I'm considering working on a new version of HoP, with the updates from the patch, to replace AB (Ironic, as I was considering using AB to replace HoP initially). I'll let you guys know how that goes.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

Omgom ist offline
    Sounds good.

I take it if this patch is installed over what I have that the 1.0a AB will stay put. That way I can have both.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

Korianous ist offline
    Sounds good.

I take it if this patch is installed over what I have that the 1.0a AB will stay put. That way I can have both.
    Unfortunately not, since the AB Gothic.dat will conflict with the .dat of the patch.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Rookie

TazmanianD ist offline
    I have some problems with this patch. I installed G2 and NotR and attempted to install the patch. At the end I got an error saying that it couldn't create the uninstaller and it aborted the installation. I attempted to unstall the patch from the Add/Remove Programs control panel which didn't work (not surprisingly). I then attempted to re-run the tool and it just says that it's already installed.

I uninstalled G2, deleted the directored, rebooted, reinstalled G2 and NotR, rebooted and attempted to install the patch again but it still thinks it's installed and won't let me install it again.

Fortunately I was smart enough to have made a copy of my G2 directory before I uninstalled anything so I still have the copy that has the ICP installed in it but given the error I originally got is there a way I can verify that the patch was in fact installed?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Rookie

TazmanianD ist offline
    And a couple of follow up questions. It's not clear if this is a standalone patch or if I was supposed to install a previous version first. It seems like it's a complete patch but I wanted to double check.

Also I see the changelog above; is that just for version 2.10 or does that include changes made in all the versions? If not, where might I be able to find the changelogs for earlier releases?

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TazmanianD Beitrag anzeigen
    It seems like it's a complete patch but I wanted to double check.
    Yes, it shouldn't require a previous version.

Zitat Zitat von TazmanianD Beitrag anzeigen
    If not, where might I be able to find the changelogs for earlier releases?
    On the first post you can find the changelog for the previous versions:
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...d.php?t=817290

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

Omgom ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    Unfortunately not, since the AB Gothic.dat will conflict with the .dat of the patch.
    So there is no way to have the best of both worlds?

Tough decision.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Apprentice

bhlaab ist offline
    I don't know if this is all in my head, but the camera seems worse than it used to be. Especially in combat, the hero tends to block my view of the enemy...

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von bhlaab Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't know if this is all in my head, but the camera seems worse than it used to be. Especially in combat, the hero tends to block my view of the enemy...
    You could just zoom out a bit...

Also I see the changelog above; is that just for version 2.10 or does that include changes made in all the versions? If not, where might I be able to find the changelogs for earlier releases?
    Only the things listed in the changelog for 2.10 have been implemented, this patch is cleaned up and rewritten from scratch.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Apprentice

alcek ist offline
    I'm sorry for the retarded question..I've been trying to follow the development of this patch and most important - how to install it.

So,after all what do I need to successfully install it over my NOTR v2.7(eng)? Wasn't there some other "patch" that turns it to 2.6 or something???Really messed up that part...thanks in advance for any plain explanation!

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Neuling Avatar von Teddy93

Teddy93 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von alcek Beitrag anzeigen
    Wasn't there some other "patch" that turns it to 2.6 or something???
    http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_278.htm

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Ranger

Kilrha ist offline
    Do you have to have NOTR to install this patch? If I have to then I'm a bit screwed because I can't find the game in any of the stores.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kilrha Beitrag anzeigen
    Do you have to have NOTR to install this patch? If I have to then I'm a bit screwed because I can't find the game in any of the stores.
    Yes you do. Try GoG.

Seite 1 von 8 12345 ... Letzte »