Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 4 von 8 « Erste 12345678 Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 158
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tolknaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Ps. Something else i noticed. In the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IronKeep Studios\Gothic II Gold - IronKeep Community Patch" the value for installation directory is correct, but the value for Uninstaller points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\JoWooD Productions Software AG\Gothic II Gold\ICP\Uninstall.exe". That's probably why uninstall does nothing as this directory does not exist in my system.
    See posts #30 and #31.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62
    Adventurer

Tolknaz ist offline
    Ok, that'll teach me to read the whole thread before chiming in. One other issue that i didn't see anyone mentioning (pardon me, if i'm being blind again). From descriptions for the installation choices i'd say the installer shouldn't copy the wine dlls over if you choose the default installation options, but in fact it does. Bug or oversight?
    Anyway, i got the patch files and judging by the news from Nvidia it looks like i'll be one happy camper for a few weeks (gotta play all these mods i couldn't play during the last two years due to owning a video card made by a certain company.
    Anyway, i'd like to thank all the people who were involved in making this patch. If i have some real bugs to report, or suggestions to make about the next version of the patch i'll do so. Now off to play.
    Geändert von Tolknaz (14.09.2010 um 19:45 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63
    Fighter Avatar von Tharr

Tharr ist offline
    I finish the game with this patch,works fine.Good job guys.
    The Ironkeep Studios have considered to make(and finish) an mod or just patches?
    ...They call me The Wanderer...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #64
    Adventurer Avatar von morgwin

morgwin ist offline
    The problem i am having is that the screen goes black after the jowood logos and before the menu. I am using Windows 7 with a geforce 9500.

Any help is appreciated

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #65
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    with this patch i can see that Lares no longer provide the "simple way to join a guild" for all 3 factions? it's back again to choose only one simple way?

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #66
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Soo....
    Will this work properly on the german NotR?
    Which will let it stay in german, at it?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Onisuzume Beitrag anzeigen
    Soo....
    Will this work properly on the german NotR?
    Which will let it stay in german, at it?
    Yep, just don't replace your ou.bin file with ours, that will keep the german text.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #68
    Apprentice

Fumes ist offline
    The installer fails due to the Uninstall-issue. I want to try the .rar version instead but the link is broken to that version of the patch.

http://www.ironkeepworldwide.com/ik/...0_archived.rar

Would appreciate it if someone could re-upload it so I can start my first Gothic 2 playthrough with the community patch.

Thanks in advance

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Here's the rar again.

>>Click<<

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70
    Apprentice

Fumes ist offline
    Thanks a lot Tratos

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71
    Veteran Avatar von kojocel

kojocel ist offline
    Tratos,

Could you tell me please how to revert back (after ICP 2.10 installation) the splash image from "Die Nacht des Raben" (also, after insalling it, VDFS text is in German as well) to "Night of the Raven", and Original Gothic II loading screen to NoTR loading screen?

Thanks.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde
    Zone Survival Guide: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat

12. Beiträge anzeigen #72
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Both are directly related to the exe. An older DE exe was put into 2.1 by accident. You can just use the exe from 2.0 (that one has the english splash screen).

The german text is from ar.exe. Not exactly sure how to work around that.

As for loading screens - it actually varies from localization to localization. We built ours based on Gothic II Gold. I can only think of the russian one having the "NotR" loading screen.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73

kojocel ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    Both are directly related to the exe. An older DE exe was put into 2.1 by accident. You can just use the exe from 2.0 (that one has the english splash screen).

The german text is from ar.exe. Not exactly sure how to work around that.

As for loading screens - it actually varies from localization to localization. We built ours based on Gothic II Gold. I can only think of the russian one having the "NotR" loading screen.
    1. OK, let me see if I got this right: there is a particular .exe file called DE.exe that comes with ICP installer (v2.10), and I should replace it from version v2.0 of the patch (I never installed that one)? I looked into my G2 directory, but I couldn't find such a thing. Could you please elaborate?

2. I know that ar.exe file, but, to be honest, never bothered with it, (I have no clue what that file is for) so I'll take your words for granted.

3. Russian version have that NotR (water mages) loading screen? I bought it back then from a local shop, called Diverta (iirc), and it was definitely in English. I find it weird a bit, but, as you say, it may vary. I'm not all that anxious about it, it's just that I got used to that, and I usually stick to old habits.

Cheers.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von kojocel Beitrag anzeigen
    DE.exe
    DE exe. As in the Deutsche version of the Gothic2.exe

So, you should look for the ICP 2.0 package, extract the gothic2.exe from that and use it.

Edit: as for the text, I don't think ar.exe is responsible, but Vdfs32g.exe and its .dll (which is used by the report version as opposed to Vdfs32e.exe, used by an English exe)
    Geändert von Larisa (25.01.2011 um 14:52 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #75

kojocel ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    DE exe. As in the Deutsche version of the Gothic2.exe

So, you should look for the ICP 2.0 package, extract the gothic2.exe from that and use it.

Edit: as for the text, I don't think ar.exe is responsible, but Vdfs32g.exe and its .dll (which is used by the report version as opposed to Vdfs32e.exe, used by an English exe)
    Thank you, Larisa.

1. I managed to change .exe file with the one from v2.0 patch.
    2. About VDFS issue: I understand what you are explaining, but could you provide details about how should I revert the text back to English (in case it's possible, of course)? I executed Vdfse.exe, but nothing happened.
    3. In respect to loading screen: I imagine there's some splash file which is activated by game system at its start, and, in theory, all I should do is to change it back to previous version, but I don't know how to do that. Could you enlighten me a bit? Thanks!

Best regards.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    About VDFS issue: I understand what you are explaining, but could you provide details about how should I revert the text back to English (in case it's possible, of course)? I executed Vdfse.exe, but nothing happened.
    Try this: make a backup of the 4 original files: Vdfs32g.exe Vdfs32g.dll Vdfs32e.exe Vdfs32e.dll
    Then delete the 2 files that have a g after 32.
    Then rename the remaining 2 files by exchanging the e with a g.
    And perhaps VDFS.DMP needs to be deleted or a mod started for the vdfs to be recreated.

About the loading screen, I don't know what you mean. What image exactly (perhaps show a screenshot)?

17. Beiträge anzeigen #77

kojocel ist offline
    Try this: make a backup of the 4 original files: Vdfs32g.exe Vdfs32g.dll Vdfs32e.exe Vdfs32e.dll
    Then delete the 2 files that have a g after 32.
    Then rename the remaining 2 files by exchanging the e with a g.
    And perhaps VDFS.DMP needs to be deleted or a mod started for the vdfs to be recreated.

About the loading screen, I don't know what you mean. What image exactly (perhaps show a screenshot)?
    I did try that, but it seems the approach must be handled in a different way, since I only got some "cannot start the game due to Vdfsg.dll missing" error. And yes, that .DMP file is indeed required for VDFS recreation.

About loading screen: I mean the screen after you press Load / New Game - in original Gothic 2 it showed an orc warrior to the left with a raised lizzard sword in his hand, and near to him Nameless (I think so) in Raven Guard Armor with a raised sword in his hand, the image being overall in rather grayish color (this image appeared after I installed ICP v2.10). In my NoTR version (2.7), after clicking Load / New game, the screen was blueish with 3 Water Mages on it.

Regards.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    I did try that, but it seems the approach must be handled in a different way, since I only got some "cannot start the game due to Vdfsg.dll missing" error.
    Hmm, I did to myself what I suggested to you and I got kinda the same error. But then I copied back from backup the 2 English files, since my copy complained that it didn't find vdfs32e.exe. And now by deleting the .dmp file and starting Gothic2.exe the vdfs creation is displayed with English text.

So, to be clear. All 4 files are the En ones, just 2 of them have the G instead of E in their name.

There might be even more elegant solutions (or this one could lead to problems, although I doubt that).

Edit: about the loading screen...

So, in the end, you want this:
    [Bild: Loading2.jpg]

or this:
    [Bild: Loading.jpg]

I looked inside ICP2.1 texture vdf and there was no loading screen file, so I guess the change is done from scripts.
    Geändert von Larisa (27.01.2011 um 12:46 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Yep

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80

kojocel ist offline
    So, in the end, you want this: <...>
    or this: <...>
    Thank you for your time, Larisa.

I would like to have the latter, yes. It's not all that important, but, you know, old habits die hard.

Regards.

Seite 4 von 8 « Erste 12345678 Letzte »