Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 8 « Erste 1234567 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 158
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von jiopi Beitrag anzeigen
    Also when I use automatic install, it installs german gothic2.exe, which fails to start, number of reasons. Mainly it reports something about gfx card to weak etc.

G2 + NOTR without patch works nicely in my X60 Thinkpad, 2x1.8GHz+2GB+GMA950+XP PRO SP3
    Make sure you don't have the fixed .dlls in your system directory.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    As for the thing that new .exe is in German instead of English, that's no problem and it's intended.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Adventurer

jiopi ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    Make sure you don't have the fixed .dlls in your system directory.
    What do you mean by this, I have about 12 dll's after patch in system directory?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von jiopi Beitrag anzeigen
    What do you mean by this, I have about 12 dll's after patch in system directory?
    Those that are also present in the patch?
    ddraw.dll libwine.dll and wined3d.dll

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45
    Adventurer

jiopi ist offline
    Yeah.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    Apprentice Avatar von Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    As for the thing that new .exe is in German instead of English, that's no problem and it's intended.
    Why? I find I am unable to run the program - I get the same problem starting G2 NotR as other members have reported. I have the English version of G2 Gold (the 4 disc set) on Windows XP 64-bit.

I also have the same problem of the installation of the patch aborting because it is unable to configure the uninstaller. Should I just let the patch install to the directory it starts with (but which doesn't happen to be the same directory my Gothic II folder is in?)?

How do I fix this problem of my Gothic2.exe being in German? Please help! I've had to uninstall and reinstall this game about 5 times so far.

And I don't suppose someone could direct me to a level-balancing mod (that is compatible with the English version of G2 gold)? I really dislike how G2 links the melee and ranged skill progression (e.g. can't advance 2-hander without increasing 1-hand weapons), and the hefty LP cost of increasing stats past certain levels (as in, must spend 2 LP to get 1 point increase in Strength, etc.). I'm (trying) to play G2 for the very first time, and the increased difficulty due to NotR is extremely frustrating and discouraging.
    Geändert von Alaisiagae (02.08.2010 um 16:56 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    And now, again: Having the German Gothic2.exe (version 2.6(fix)) instead of the English Gothic2.exe (version 2.7) should not lead to problems. The German one, even if lower in version number, is better (it allows for more readable error messages and you can install modifications with it).
    The only thing in German would be the splash screen.
    The menus, dialogs in game and other stuff doesn't depend on that .exe file.

The installer for 2.10 fails with the "uninstaller problem" because it doesn't find some folders already created.
    Use the manual way: on the first page of this thread is a link to a .rar archive. Use its contents to overwrite your files in G2's folder. But remember to delete these 3 files from Gothic2\System: ddraw.dll libwine.dll and wined3d.dll, since those could help only if you have Windows 7 AND an nvidia graphics card.

As for your exact problems starting G2, please elaborate. What exactly is the problem?

Zitat Zitat von Alaisiagae Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm (trying) to play G2 for the very first time, and the increased difficulty due to NotR is extremely frustrating and discouraging.
    Since you have the 4 disks set, you could stop with the 3rd and not install NotR.
    True, if you want to play the NotR region/story, you'll have to play a good part of G2 again.
    I would recommend to try G2 for the first time without NotR.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48

Alaisiagae ist offline
    Thanks for the fast reply, Larisa.

The problem when I try to run G2 with the 2.10 patch:

1) Without the patch, when I click on the G2 NotR shortcut, the little picture of a Raven and "The Night of the Raven" logo appears. However, with the 2.10 patch installed, the text is "Das Nacht des Raben"

2) When I start G2 NotR for the first time, I usually get a pop up about the Virtual Disk File System. The text is in English. With the 2.10 patch, the text is in German.

3) Without the patch (or with the 2.00 ironkeep patch) the VDFS completes and Gothic 2 gold runs without a hitch. With the 2.10 patch, VDFS fails, and I receive the same error as CrashMorraKan here.

Needless to say, with the 2.10 patch installed, I can't run G2 Gold at all. I could go back to 2.00, but I'd rather run the latest and greatest version of the patch.

GPU: nVidia GTX 260
    RAM: 3GB

The uninstaller problem isn't really that big of an issue. I had the same error with the 2.00 patch, and everything seemed fine. I use the ReVo Uninstaller (freeware version of the program) to get rid of the Windows registry entries. In fact, with 2.00 (which, unlike 2.10, didn't detect if it was installed already), if I ran the installer again, it didn't put up any errors about the uninstaller.

NOTE: I've played G2 Gold for about a week and never had it crash on me (unlike Gothic 1!). Whether I play for 30 minutes or 3 hours, the game hasn't even once crashed on me.
    Geändert von Alaisiagae (02.08.2010 um 18:02 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    1) Without the patch, when I click on the G2 NotR shortcut, the little picture of a Raven and "The Night of the Raven" logo appears. However, with the 2.10 patch installed, the text is "Das Nacht des Raben"
    Like I said before, that's normal. Can't be changed, unless you choose not to install the new .exe file.

2) When I start G2 NotR for the first time, I usually get a pop up about the Virtual Disk File System. The text is in English. With the 2.10 patch, the text is in German.
    That's normal again, I guess the german .exe will use the Vdfs32g.exe instead of Vdfs32e.exe. The result should be the same, only that splash screen would be in DE instead of EN.
    Indeed, the vdfs will be built when you start the game for the first time, or if the game crashes.

3) Without the patch (or with the 2.00 ironkeep patch) the VDFS completes and Gothic 2 gold runs without a hitch. With the 2.10 patch, VDFS fails, and I receive the same error as CrashMorraKanhere.
    Try to look inside Gothic2\System folder. If you have the 3 .dll files I've mentioned before, delete them, and try again.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50

Alaisiagae ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen

Try to look inside Gothic2\System folder. If you have the 3 .dll files I've mentioned before, delete them, and try again.
    The two wine-related .dlls and the direct draw dll? Okay, got rid of them. Game started up just fine, and it is in English (aside from the NotR logo being in German)! Thanks for you fast replies, Larisa.

One last question, I'm not sure where to put it - where in the Gothic.ini can I remove mouse-wheel-up and mouse-wheel-down as zooming in and out? I've mapped those two functions to attack left and attack right. So, in combat, the camera zooms in and out every time I attack left or right, which is a bit silly at best and rather troublesome at worst. I wouldn't mind replacing zoom in and out with Pgup and pgdn (page up and page down).

I know my graphics card is a beast compared to this game, but enabling all the Extended Configuration options (and the anti-aliasing setting in the .ini; however, I've left the resolution at 800x600 32-bit) does lead to some stuttering framerates. Is the game engine having compatibility issues with my graphics card (I've noted several work-around features in the .ini file regarding such things)? Is there another forum thread that I should post these sorts of questions in?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Is there another forum thread that I should post these sorts of questions in?
    Yes, since these are about G2 and not about the 2.10 patch, try the Help forum.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    As for the splash screen: as the log suggests - it should be english. Kori must have replaced my special one with the actual report version. Gotta check into that again.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Would it be possible to make the new installer to offer the option to install the 7+nvidia fix only if certain conditions are met? Like if the detected os is 7 and not xp? And possibly if the card is nvidia and not something else?

I've read some posts and it makes me think that some people just press next, next, next, without reading what the installer or the readme says.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    As for the splash screen: as the log suggests - it should be english. Kori must have replaced my special one with the actual report version. Gotta check into that again.
    Whoops .
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Omgom Beitrag anzeigen
    As I'm still running this version of the patch (with the 1.0a AB)

I just hit chapter four and not too long into the VoM I was stuck in that infinite loop with Biff. I know it's listed as being fixed but it could be because of my inclusion of the AB. It's also listed as being fixed in the 2.10 patch as well, so maybe it didn't work properly in this one.

Is there a way around this?

If not, how important is he? Does he say or do much that is of value? I was able to just kill him to get out of the loop, but I'd rather not if there is information and story to be told.
    The AB automatically overshadows the normal patch and you're using the 1.0a AB, which doesn't contain the fix. To get all the fixes from 2.0/2.10, you must not have an AB of an earlier version.

Obviously, since there is no 2.10 equivalent AB, you can't use any AB at all to get the newest fixes.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56
    Apprentice Avatar von Omgom

Omgom ist offline
    The AB automatically overshadows the normal patch and you're using the 1.0a AB, which doesn't contain the fix. To get all the fixes from 2.0/2.10, you must not have an AB of an earlier version.

Obviously, since there is no 2.10 equivalent AB, you can't use any AB at all to get the newest fixes.
    Seems that way.Kind of sucks, but I really don't want to play without the AB. Those changes with stats they made in the expansion just ruin the game for me.

Is he at all important or have anything useful to say/do? If not I have no issue just killing him off.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Biff = Not very important.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58
    Apprentice Avatar von Omgom

Omgom ist offline
    Biff = Not very important.
    Thank you.

Consider him good as dead.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59

Alaisiagae ist offline
    Hi again. I'm still a little confused as to:
    - how to install and run mods for Gothic 2 gold
    - what mod compatibility issues I need to be aware of

I want to use the LP Balancing mod. However, I don't seem to have a "Gothic Starter .exe" file (???), which (unless I'm mistaken) seems to be necessary in order to launch the game with mods? If I do go use the LP Balancing mod, will I also benefit from the Ironkeep 2.10 patch? Or, are the two mods mutually exclusive (i.e. I can only use one mod in the game)?

Apologies for my ignorance. If I have this in the wrong thread, please direct me to a more appropriate venue.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60
    Adventurer

Tolknaz ist offline
    A little bugreport (with the installer):

1. Unlike a previous version of the patch i tried, the latest version seems to be able to detect where i've installed Gothic 2. However! If i uninstalled the patch and the game and reinstalled both it cannot detect installation dir correctly anymore. I tried deleting all leftover registry keys for both Gothic 2 and community patch after i uninstalled them, it didn't change anything. I have the game installed in "C:\Games\Gothic 2 Gold", but for some reason the installer now defaults to "C:\Program Files (x86)\JoWooD Productions Software AG\Gothic II Gold\" or somesuch. Can't check right now, i'm at work.
    2. When i uninstall the patch, everything including registry keys gets left behind and any further attempts to reinstall the patch result in failure. Installer says, that the same version is already installed and refuses to continue until registry keys are manually removed.
    3. The installer finished correctly only first time for me. Now, even after uninstalling everything and removing registry keys manually and reinstalling game + patch, the patch installer gives an error in the end. it also says it's reverting, but as far as i can see all the new files and registry keys are still in place.

In case you're interested i have Windows 7 x64. Should i perhaps use the installer in compatibility modes/run as admin?

Edit:
    Running the patch as administrator does not change a thing. When trying to install the patch, the installer still: 1. fails to recognize my install directory; 2. gives an error in the end about failure to configure uninstaller and says, it's reverting changes; 3. Fails to revert said changes, registry keys and new files are still there after the installer says it has failed.

Ps. Something else i noticed. In the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IronKeep Studios\Gothic II Gold - IronKeep Community Patch" the value for installation directory is correct, but the value for Uninstaller points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\JoWooD Productions Software AG\Gothic II Gold\ICP\Uninstall.exe". That's probably why uninstall does nothing as this directory does not exist in my system.
    Geändert von Tolknaz (13.09.2010 um 18:38 Uhr) Grund: clarification

Seite 3 von 8 « Erste 1234567 ... Letzte »