Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 50
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Sword Master Avatar von UR1Z13L

UR1Z13L ist offline

The Most Annoying Thing in Notr

The thing that bugs me the most is that the Berserker axe and the Dragon slicer - weapons that can be bought for very little or found anytime are stronger that the Blessed Ore Blade that is made specialy for you and the blood dragon sword that you make yourself when you are a merc.
    This is really stupid in the Vanilla everything was ok why did they do that? This kinda makes pointless the stuff that the dragons said about the weapon you have to aquire and the things you had to be put trough just to get them.
    I think that is the only thing that i dont like about Notr it is a little thing but it is extremly stupid.
    So is there anything that bothers you ? :P

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Veteran Avatar von firefly1981

firefly1981 ist offline
    what bothers me is when i unsheathe my spell as a mage they still said "cut out this magic crap", dammit they should implement respect factor to mages, because mages is the most honorable in the lore, they're position are above paladins for god's sake.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

UR1Z13L ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von firefly1981 Beitrag anzeigen
    what bothers me is when i unsheathe my spell as a mage they still said "cut out this magic crap", dammit they should implement respect factor to mages, because mages is the most honorable in the lore, they're position are above paladins for god's sake.
    They should have made it like gothic 1 when you are stronger then them they shit their pants Dunno why they removed that little aspect.
    I liked it when they backed away and said "No problem, there is no problem"

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    I hate the killer blows, it transforms combat into one based on luck. You may hit an enemy 10 times, and he has only a few life points left, and then he lands a lucky critical hit on the first try and he kills you
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

UR1Z13L ist offline
    Yeah it really ruins everything especially when you are a low lvl and you are fighting someone strong for a few minutes and then you make 1 mistake and bam your down but i get over it pretty quickly that is the punushment for trying to fight someone far stronger than you

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Local Hero Avatar von Sorinash

Sorinash ist offline
    I remember when you beat someone in Gothic I and you're better than him,after he awakes he sais "You've given me a fair thrashin',man.It was a good fight,but now it's over."

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sorinash Beitrag anzeigen
    I remember when you beat someone in Gothic I and you're better than him,after he awakes he sais "You've given me a fair thrashin',man.It was a good fight,but now it's over."
    That's exactly what sets the game apart from others,as it makes it more challenginh,more intereseting,and more rewarding.As soon as you get the hang of fighting properly,you will experience the most rewarding pleasure ever .
    I hated fighting monsters with the combo from the "fighter" style of one handed combat,because I usually got stuck in the monster,without being able to dodge their hits or fight back.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Der_Jonn

Der_Jonn ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von UR1Z13L Beitrag anzeigen
    The thing that bugs me the most is that the Berserker axe and the Dragon slicer - weapons that can be bought for very little or found anytime are stronger that the Blessed Ore Blade that is made specialy for you and the blood dragon sword that you make yourself when you are a merc.
    First of all this is wrong. The Large Ore Dragon Slayer is quite clearly the strongest two handed weapon, as its superior range and the 2H bonus easily make up for the slightly lower damage.
    It is somewhat strange though that the Holy Executioner is so weak, but I guess it makes sense for balance reasons.

This is really stupid in the Vanilla everything was ok why did they do that? This kinda makes pointless the stuff that the dragons said about the weapon you have to aquire and the things you had to be put trough just to get them.
    Why is this stupid? From a lore perspective it makes perfect sense that good weapons are available right from chapter 1, after all, the blacksmiths of Khorinis don't suddenly become much more skilled over the course of the story.
    From the game play perspective, it doesn't really change anything as you won't have sufficient strength in the early chapters anyway, so you won't be able to use those high end weapons.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

UR1Z13L ist offline
    No i dont think its right that some axe has more damage than an ore sword that is blessed and it has been poured with a magical liquid.
    About the dragon slayer - 20 dmg is not very little, the 10% bonus is kinda useless because at that time of the game 100% is easely obtainable.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    What annoys me is that I have to shell out more LP on strength/dexterity/mana when I pass a certain point but I guess it makes it more challenging but it just bugs me.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11

UR1Z13L ist offline
    They should have made it to increase on on times trained not on the hight of the attribute you have that way you dont have to save the potions and foods to the end

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.

RobinHood 13. ist offline
    They should have made it to increase on on times trained not on the hight of the attribute you have that way you dont have to save the potions and foods to the end
    I know. I pointed this out. It makes it imbalanced, and tediously hard right before the time you decide to use them, but easy right after.
    They should have separate strength attributes for permanent bonuses, non permanent (like rings), and learned (start strength could be as either permanent bonus or learned).
    This gives much freedom. You can still show only one value, but room for changes. It's also good vs bugs. Putting on rings actually changes the strength variable. It's especially bugged in combinations when transforming into an animal. With what I said, you have a very limited amount of ways to increase the permanent stats stuff (more predictable, less things that can happen), and they can't be decreased. The third strength variable can upon loading, or change occurs here, just recalculate this.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RobinHood 13. Beitrag anzeigen
    I know. I pointed this out. It makes it imbalanced, and tediously hard right before the time you decide to use them, but easy right after.
    They should have separate strength attributes for permanent bonuses, non permanent (like rings), and learned (start strength could be as either permanent bonus or learned).
    This gives much freedom. You can still show only one value, but room for changes. It's also good vs bugs. Putting on rings actually changes the strength variable. It's especially bugged in combinations when transforming into an animal. With what I said, you have a very limited amount of ways to increase the permanent stats stuff (more predictable, less things that can happen), and they can't be decreased. The third strength variable can upon loading, or change occurs here, just recalculate this.
    They can be decreased,but only temporarily.Think of the Orcish ring,which lowers your strength by 20,I think.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Der_Jonn

Der_Jonn ist offline
    No i dont think its right that some axe has more damage than an ore sword that is blessed and it has been poured with a magical liquid.
    As I said early, it doesn't make a lot of sense from a lore perspective, but it is good for balancing.

About the dragon slayer - 20 dmg is not very little, the 10% bonus is kinda useless because at that time of the game 100% is easely obtainable.
    Of course you can have 100% at that point in the game, but if you know that you want to use the Dragon Slayer, you can save yourself some LPs and invest them somewhere else, for example on strength. Thus, the actual damage difference is less than 20 points.
    But the most important part is the much longer range of the Dragon Slayer (140 versus 90), which in lategame is much more important than a few points of damage.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.

RobinHood 13. ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    They can be decreased,but only temporarily.Think of the Orcish ring,which lowers your strength by 20,I think.
    You missed my point.
    The problem is, enabling rings alter attribute variables directly.
    When you put it off, you must make sure attribute is changed back properly.

Have 3 strength attributes.

- Learned
    - From permanent bonuses
    - active

active is rings and similar. Learned can only be altered by training, and permanent from permanent bonus stuff (dialouges, potions runes and altars).
    Active is sum of rings and similar you have enabled. Whener this changes, it can just recalculate this value, so if there's a bug where attribute is not set/reset properly, all you have to do is to save and load a game, or enable / unenable an item concerning that attribute.
    In Gothic, attribute value is altered "directly", and will stay with you unless you reload before this occured. Happened to me a few times.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Oooooooh, I have a biiiiig grudge with NotR: I can't beat a person down and steal his keys, I can only pickpocket him. To Beliar with that. Stupid ass keys....
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

UR1Z13L ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Oooooooh, I have a biiiiig grudge with NotR: I can't beat a person down and steal his keys, I can only pickpocket him. To Beliar with that. Stupid ass keys....
    Well atleast you can beat the Gate Guard in the Castle and the guy that guy that guards Greg's hut for thé keys :P

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Ranger Avatar von Arkose

Arkose ist offline
    You can also beat up Valentino and a few others for the keys they hold. The only one I remember having to pickpocket was the judge, and that's only because he's invincible.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Another thing that bugs me is those Seekers I always take my bow out just to see when I get close to one but some of the b*****ds hide around corners

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    Dude, what are u whining about, Ive played G2Vanilla once, nvr finished it.
    My build was bad, maybe I was lvl 20 when I first encountered a Seeker. I was almost so scared I shit my pants
    Gothic tends to scare u Death is always near..
    But the thing is: I knocked him down quite easily.. I don't know what happened, but it was quite easy..

Btw, u guys know a tactic to fight single Shadowbeasts and Fire Lizards? Or is that just a matter of high attributes and good armor+wpn?
    Cuz atm I'm like lvl 15, with 55% 1H, with a 6% longsword.. and some amulets which power my strength.
    I have no room for other amulets/rings.. (need to train str)
    Im using pirate armor.
    I also would like to know if I could knock out every Minecrawler I encounter, cuz I've not learned the take scales perk yet..
    I know it's useless when u have the perk (the armor) but anyway.. I'd like to make some moneyz.. or smth...
    Arcadia - A click and win tale

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »