Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 3 « Erste 123
Ergebnis 41 bis 50 von 50
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Maybe it is a metaphor about "the darkest hour", when the armies of darkness are marching on your ass, under the guidance (at least in part) of Raven?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Apprentice Avatar von Volf

Volf ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bastardo Beitrag anzeigen
    By the way why is the expansion called Night of the Raven anyway? What do ravens have to do with Raven and what does the night refer to?
    haha good question, I never questioned that before. GO RAVENS
    Helm sees All

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Errr... Duh.

Raven, the old ore baron, the right-hand man of the now deceased Gomez, lead the bandits in NotR. That's why the expansion is named Night of the RAVEN because Raven is now the main enemy that you need to beat in order to do several things, one of them being the gaining of Beliar's Claw.

Such avid fans of the Gothic series, and yet you cannot make such a simplistic connection? Shame on thee.
    The coin is still turning.
    [Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Well, Raven is a character, but a raven is a bird (you don't normally insert an article before a proper name, plus there's a raven on the cover). And there's no night of particular significance during the course of the expansion, nor particular plot relevance given to concepts such as darkness, which "night" might refer to.
    Geändert von Bastardo (12.02.2013 um 15:42 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Lest it's the darkness of Beliar's coming reign?

Seriously though, I think they just thought it sounded cool and was at least in some superficial way linked to one plot element...

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i remember when i got it, i thought there would be ravens in it... ;d

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47
    Adventurer

lordhoff ist offline
    Perhaps it has something to do with the forecast of doom prescribed to ravens (like the ravens that kept following Hapsburg emperors just prior to the end of the Holy Roman Empire - at least that is said). The theme of Jakandar seems to be doom and gloom from its flooding to the possible return of the warrior that caused it (in a way). Raven was portrayed as a possible key bad guy but he fizzled so early - can't see him as being the inspiration for the name.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    My guess to this...Beliar actually chose Raven to wield the Claw, and Raven himself said something like "I will lead the Dragons to the mainland..." So, that means that Raven was actually the commander of the armies of darkness, and "night of the raven' would mean that The final hour of twilight will/has come featuring Raven.

As for annoying: Nothing, the best gamer ever was, nothing annoying just pure enjoynment.
    If you even try to look the other way...

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    My guess to this...Beliar actually chose Raven to wield the Claw, and Raven himself said something like "I will lead the Dragons to the mainland..." So, that means that Raven was actually the commander of the armies of darkness, and "night of the raven' would mean that The final hour of twilight will/has come featuring Raven.

As for annoying: Nothing, the best gamer ever was, nothing annoying just pure enjoynment.
    Actually, if you wear "The Claw of Beliar" while interacting with UD, he says that he didn't foresee one thing, and that is killing Raven, one of his mightiest servants who was supposed to lead his army of Darkness. So Raven wasn't in command of the dragons, Dragons were the big bosses (UD was one to rule them all (I like to quote movies)) and Raven to them was something like Lord Hagen to king Rhobar the II, a general

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    Actually, if you wear "The Claw of Beliar" while interacting with UD, he says that he didn't foresee one thing, and that is killing Raven, one of his mightiest servants who was supposed to lead his army of Darkness. So Raven wasn't in command of the dragons, Dragons were the big bosses (UD was one to rule them all (I like to quote movies)) and Raven to them was something like Lord Hagen to king Rhobar the II, a general
    Overall, he's Raven! and hes hot! I approve him
    If you even try to look the other way...

Seite 3 von 3 « Erste 123