Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 402
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Blubbler Beitrag anzeigen
    not really
    [..]
    Yes always to the limit.
    All right, then! Thanks, that settles it.

Part 11 - Milking Khorinis

I go in through the door to the pass and kill the seven wolves, four giant rats and few goblins there, then turn back and head to town, where I sell some junk and open som leather bags in order to raise money for donation. Wow - 5 HP for each 50 gold donation?! Except one time, when I get 1 LP. It ends all too soon. I suddenly remember that I have the (opened) letter to Vatras from Cavalorn, and bring it to him. This sparks a chain of quests, and I learn a bit more about the ring of water. The way it looks now, it seems as if the ring of water is NOT a main guild on par with militia, mercenaries and fire mages.. And I have no clue how one would go about becoming a water mage. (No spoilers please, even though it's too late for me to become a water mage. :P) I'm starting to think I can still join the RING of water, since it looks like I wouldn't be able to join before later anyways. By the way, that Baltram is involved in way too much stuff. Also, I get a neat amulet - I remember this from the manual! A will-o-the-wisp that finds stuff. It seems quite slow, though, and with a short radius. I feel like I could search more efficiently myself, although it'll probably be useful in certain kinds of situations.

I go out of the town into "Bartok's area" and continue down to kill the last couple of black goblins and, after a bit of luring and baiting, the bandits and loafers in the cave at the end. None of them give me trouble, but I waste three fireballs and a fire arrow on a tree blocking my way to one of the bandits. By this time, I've leveled again, and go to Harad to train my strength for 10 of my 11 LP. Only two more strength, and I can wield the fine sword. I also make a few weapons and sell them to Harad, then buy the +10 weapon protection amulet from Hakon, as the 40 HP difference from my other amulet isn't as significant anymore. I head for the tavern to give praying at the shrines a new go.

Outside the tavern sits that pirate again, Greg, and he pulls me into a little quest. I don't really like the role I'm being pushed into, but I am interested in the pirates, and exp is always nice. After digging at the cross in the cave (So that's what those are for!), I decide I want my new sword before I continue with the quest.

Back to the shrines. A quick check gives me +1 hitpoints the two times I try paying 10 gold, which is amazingly good (as Daron!) if the limit is on GOLD and not the amount of times I pray, but I don't want to take that chance, and I need two strength. 50 gold gives me 2 hitpoints, and I don't care for trying that more than once. I go back and forth between the shrine by the path to the monastery and the tavern, spending a week or so just praying and sleeping until I have my two strength and a bit of dexterity to boot. I guess these stat points would be more valuable later in the game, but I really wanted to be able to equip that fine sword before I get into the VoM.

Nice! I'm liking my new sword. A quick trip to Isgaroth to deliver the letter from Vatras, and I also squeeze some gold out of my inventory to afford the ring of enlightenment. 30 HP and 10 mana - Useful for the HP now, useful for the MP as soon as I'm a paladin.. If that ever happens. I wear that one and the aquamarine ring. By the way - Orlan's tavern is the base of the Ring of water?! Interesting. I move towards Onar's farm again and get sidetracked into the forest. I'm pretty sure I can take on a goblin skeleton at this point, so I pull one away from its partner. No problem! I go through the woods, hunting everything from field raiders to bloodflies, wolves and goblin skeletons, avoiding the wargs and the shadowbeast. I eventually find Sagitta's cave and squeeze my inventory again to get enough gold for the King's sorrel.

It's getting dark, so I head back to the tavern. Looks like I'll be staying in Khorinis for another episode.. I've still got Greg's quest left, and I left the road towards the black troll unexplored past a certain point in the first chapter. I might even have the nerve to take on a single boar soon, although.. why push my luck? The manual suggested I should wear a heavy armor before I take them on. However, they give 60 exp and drop a really cheap skin (I know this from the one I cast ice block on earlier), so how tough can they be? Oh, and also, I want Erol's perma-life potion, if I can work up the 1500 gold for it. Well, I definitely can if I use some of my raw steel rods, but I want to save them if possible, since later swords are more valuable. I'm probably close to the point in the game where I need money the most, though.

I'm removing the "best belt" entry, it's redundant.

Level: 10
    Exp: 32.1k/33k
    Best weapon: Fine sword (OH, 60 dmg)
    Best armor: Light militia armor (40 weap, 40 arr)
    Unused learning points: 1
    Strength: +7 (50)
    Dexterity: +2 (16)
    Danger level (0<10): 2
    Because:
    Goblin skeletons? Being close to wargs, boars and a shadowbeast in a messy forest? Dealing with a pirate with an attitude? One of those probably deserves a 2. Overall a fun and satisfying part.
    Geändert von Bobstew (19.07.2010 um 04:09 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Just a small note,shadowbeasts are rather easy,even at a very low level,due to their inconsisten Ai .Therefore,they are a great source of xp,but,of course,I do not want to alter the course of your gameplay =p.
    Will you do a Gothic 3 journal as well,sometimes in the near future?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Just to throw in my 2c:

I definitely don't consider Daron, the shrines and not even the fights with Alwin exploits or milking, as they all have certain limitations set to them and can be "used" only a set amount of times. Definitely far removed from what I consider genuine exploits, like Buster and the shadowbeast horns.

Besides, especially in NoTR HC, you'll most likely need every thing that gives you an edge, so I at least always use all three of the above to their fullest extent.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #64
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG
    Just a small note,shadowbeasts are rather easy,even at a very low level,due to their inconsisten Ai .Therefore,they are a great source of xp,but,of course,I do not want to alter the course of your gameplay =p.
    Will you do a Gothic 3 journal as well,sometimes in the near future?
    Ack! *covers eyes and flails* Nah, I remember shadowbeasts from normal G2, no worries. Unless they've changed dramatically in NotR, though, I don't dare attacking one yet. Heck, I'm having trouble making myself attack a boar. I don't know their AI well enough to be able to fight them efficiently.

Yes, I think I'm going to do this for Gothic 3 as well, but I'll likely play NotR "offline" for fun for a while first, as soon as I die.

Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    Just to throw in my 2c:

I definitely don't consider Daron, the shrines and not even the fights with Alwin exploits or milking, as they all have certain limitations set to them and can be "used" only a set amount of times. Definitely far removed from what I consider genuine exploits, like Buster and the shadowbeast horns.

Besides, especially in NoTR HC, you'll most likely need every thing that gives you an edge, so I at least always use all three of the above to their fullest extent.
    Thanks. The main reason I thought it might be game breaking is that I thought the shrines were limitless. Alwin I have no idea about, so I won't be using that.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Alwin? Who is Alwin?
    Oh,you mean Akila ? Well,not really an exploit,as you only gain 50 gps every time you defeat him,and no additional experience..Useful at a lower level,though.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    Alwin? Who is Alwin?
    Oh,you mean Akila ? Well,not really an exploit,as you only gain 50 gps every time you defeat him,and no additional experience..Useful at a lower level,though.
    Alrik? If you can beat him an infinite amount of times for infinite gold, then that is an exploit unless it's intended to be that way rather than just something they oversaw while making the game. Also, if the amount of times you can beat him for money isn't game-breakingly high, I wouldn't consider it bad form either.
    Geändert von Bobstew (19.07.2010 um 17:29 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67
    Drachentöter Avatar von Blubbler

Blubbler ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bobstew Beitrag anzeigen
    Alrik? If you can beat him an infinite amount of times for infinite gold, then that is an exploit unless it's intended to be that way rather than just something they oversaw while making the game. Also, if the amount of times you can beat him for money isn't game-breakingly high, I wouldn't consider it bad form either.
    It isn't very high and he also gets stronger and accepts challenges again later in the game.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #68
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Blubbler Beitrag anzeigen
    It isn't very high and he also gets stronger and accepts challenges again later in the game.
    All right, interesting.

Part 12 - Milking Khorinis some more

A new morning, and I head back down to the area around Sagitta's cave to see if I forgot any easy enemies. It doesn't look like I did, but there are some bandits holed up in the innermost (or outermost) part of this patch of forest. I leave them be and head up past the mausoleum towards the backside of Onar's farm. There are plenty of more enemies there, and I soon level again. I don't find the cross that is supposed to be on "the high pastures behind the farm", though, but perhaps it's near one of the skeletons or the boar by the ghost light. Although I wouldn't consider that place "pastures".. Nah, can't be there. I find another cave filled with goblins. The only one in there that startles me a bit is the "goblin warrior", but he goes down quite easily. I still only fight the goblins in groups of two or three at most.

I head down to the cross by the pass and dig there.. A silver dish. At this point, I'm really tempted to attack that lone boar in the area considering it's not very far from the knights guarding the pass, and after some hesitation, I do. I could have used snapperweed first, but I didn't think of it. The boar goes down embarrassingly easily, and seems to be doing minimum damage to me. Curse the manual! At least I now have a new enemy on the list of things I'm able to kill. I walk towards the cavern, killing two more boars as I go, and enter the woods at the left side of the path that goes over the bridge to Akil's farm. There's a cave with three goblin skeletons. A peek around the corner into the next room of the cave shows a zombie, and I don't feel like trying myself at one of those, even though I know they're really slow, so I continue onwards. There are three lizards, and a thin path bordering a seemingly endless fall and the rock by the side of the bridge. With some luring, I kill the two remaining bandits there (The two last stone tablets! So between the six of them, they already had the three I was supposed to give Erol.) and head down to the city since it's getting dark.

After some sleep, I head back past Lobart's farm since I remember seeing two boars when I crept through Lester's valley at the very start. I know there'll probably be a few other beasts there too, hopefully nothing bigger than a lizard. I climb up at the side of the entrance to the bandits' cave and explore. Lots of delicious exp, and an amulet! +10 dex, pretty nice. I don't think I'll be bothered to use it every time I'm picking a chest, but I could sell it. I sleep in the bandits' cave and consider going further back, but I'm pretty sure I've got everything there, so I head for the city instead. There shouldn't be a single enemy left now outside the southern gate, so I can eliminate that area. I also ate some more dark mushrooms and got another 5 mana! I honestly thought that was a one-time bonus, since I can't recall ever getting more than 5 mana from the dark mushrooms in G2. Shows how superficially I've been playing before, I guess. I often joined the monastery and just dicked around with some side quests and tried out various magic before doing the main plot.

I head up towards the lighthouse again and take the middle path, between the lighthouse and the path I've already explored. There are some wargs at the top of the uphill path there, but I walk around them. I also avoid the rats in the swampy hole below, fighting them could attract the wargs.

Along the left side of the path, the forest clears up, and there are groups of snappers blocking the way forwards. I know there are a few of those in the VoM in G2, and that I should figure out whether I can beat them before I go there, so I lure one away, eat a snapperweed while it walks towards me and attack it. It turns out to be easier than a lizard, doing minimum damage and taking a lot, so I continue on. 60 weapon resistance is pretty nice, apparently.. I continue, getting a lot of exp on the way, until I get to a cave. Ah, here's the lever that I need molerat fat for.. Right? The winch seems to turn at once, though, and I have no idea if the molerat fat in my inventory did it. Inside is a lot of gin, a couple of chests and some alchemists' benches. Not bad, especially considering one of the chests has 350 gold in it! A little bell rings in the back of my head.. This is a winery connected to a quest that starts somewhere among the farmers, isn't it? I think so. I may have done this quest once in the past, not sure.

My path onwards would lead to the seremonial stone circle and eventually the black troll, but it's guarded by two wargs, and they're a little too close to those stairs to make me feel comfortable about running past them. Besides, it might be dusk again soon, and I'm planning on approaching from the other direction anyways. I kill a couple of goblin skeletons and pick up the herbs at the little stone circle there, then decide to test the strength of the wargs before I go. I know they're harder than snappers, but considering the snappers were extremely easy, that's not saying much. I lure one away from the other and fight it. One hit, and I lose something like 80-90 HP. Obviously, I flee. It manages to hit me once more before it stops chasing me. Had I remembered that the wargs were THAT badass, I would perhaps have eaten a snapperweed first, but it only had me slightly below half of my life. Oh well. I heal up with healing herbs, because I'm long since out of fried meat and fresh out of healing plants, then go sleep in the city. Well, I got two levels and almost enough money to buy the life potion. That's got to become helpful.

Level: 12
    Exp: 39.8k/45.5k
    Unused learning points: 21
    Danger level (0<10): 5
    Because:
    I tried on a grand total of three previously untouched enemies, one of which whooped my ass, which was the most dangerous moment this time. I was also pretty close to a few ledges. No "oh shit" moments, though.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69
    Apprentice

sokras2008 ist offline
    Name : Sokras
    Attempt: #2
    Game : Gothic 2 NotR
    Today after weeks I started playing again. :P
    I joined the militia, the thievves guild and the ring of water. I did the quest with the blood chalices and completed the quest for the missing people( all have to do is to go the Jhakendar). Finally I opened the gate of the pass of khorinis.

QUESTIONS:
    1. When should I go to the island which is opposite to the harbor?I mean am I strong enough to fight the lizards?I have a bow and a sword( the one which needs 20 DEX and has 40 dmg) are these enough?
    2. I have taken the quest from Ramirez and he wants me to find a sextant. Where can I find one?
    3. When does Martin sell the master sword?( the one that needs 60 DEX and has 120 dmg)
    4.Bobstew how did you manage to take the package weed from the warehouse in the harbor and took the quest for the field raiders in Lobart's farm?
    5. Where in VoM can I get the heavy militia armor and from which NPC?
    Geändert von sokras2008 (20.07.2010 um 00:06 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70
    Rookie

ThunderSword ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von sokras2008 Beitrag anzeigen
    QUESTIONS:
    1. When should I go to the island which is opposite to the harbor?I mean am I strong enough to fight the lizards?I have a bow and a sword( the one which needs 20 DEX and has 40 dmg) are these enough?
    2. I have taken the quest from Ramirez and he wants me to find a sextant. Where can I find one?
    3. When does Martin sell the master sword?( the one that needs 60 DEX and has 120 dmg)
    4.Bobstew how did you manage to take the package weed from the warehouse in the harbor and took the quest for the field raiders in Lobart's farm?
    1.Well with this weapon you'll die in a second if you hp and dex arent enough
    You didnt tell your stats thats only way to understand it.
    2.You Need to kill rock dragon in the valley of mines (in chapter 4) after you'll get sextant from his treasure
    3.After you return Valley Of Mines he will sell you
    4.Well its to late to get quest because you already joined militia
    and about lobart's quest no idea
    5.In VoM Engor is in the building to the right of the castles north (left room of the smith), it has beds and stuff in it, go to that, and hes in the first room on the right as you enter. mind you it costs 2500 gold
    I hope it little helps

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71
    Apprentice

sokras2008 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ThunderSword Beitrag anzeigen
    1.Well with this weapon you'll die in a second if you hp and dex arent enough
    You didnt tell your stats thats only way to understand it.
    Sorry here they are
    HP: 150
    STR: 33
    DEX:43
    One Handed Skill: Fighter
    Armor: Light Militia Armor
    Weapons: Sword ( 40 dmg, requires: 20 DEX)
    Bow ( 40 dmg, requires: 25 DEX)
    Skills: Sneak, Pickpocket, Pick locks

So... Can I kill the lizards in the island??

12. Beiträge anzeigen #72

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Actually,you can kill them even at level 1.Try doing it with some spells,as they are particularly weak against fireballs and fire arrows.Or,of course,if your techniquie is good enough,you could try meleeing them with left and right swings.
    As far as I know,I would always complete the island at around level 3 without any sort of difficulties.But just be careful not to fight more than 1 lizard at a time.
    You could also get the master sword by killing Ramirez during nighttime,when the rest of the thieves are asleep.They will not notice.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73
    Apprentice Avatar von DragonStrike

DragonStrike ist offline
    If you don't want to wait to get one from the rock dragon, you can get it from Greg's hut in pirate camp in Jharkendar.

Sorry i didn't write it earlier, i really didn't have time.

No.1 update on Dragonstrike's adventure

At the very begining, everything was peaceful. Before I arrived. But on that moment I have stepped in front of Ardea and the orc leader looked me in the eyes, I knew it. This is not going to be a warm welcome. Started the fight with my dear orc slayer killed the orc attacking diego, after that I started to hit the orc with that long axe whatever it is. Suddenly I was on the floor, orcs all around me. Get up fast hitting the nearest orc and start running back to my good ol' friends. Quite soon I liberate without any further problems. Only a half of my HP was gone. I drink a health potion, loot everyone and everything and grab the teleport rune.

I decided I will go with the path of the water mage. After the run to Cape Dun, I take the rune and then move on towards Montera and other towns. I do almost everything in the run correctly, except, a couple of problems, the traders and the monsters. Out of the 5 traders with the stone tablets, 4 of them had none, one had 2.
    Closer meetings with monsters:

A boar outside Montera – I was running to Montera and I wasn't ready for the boar that's outside the entrance where the slave camp guards are. Luckily I saw him before he hit me.
    Danger: 2/10

A boar outside Trelis – I was going from Montera to Trelis, almost at Trelis, (at the farm of Trelis) I started to pick some healing things. Suddenly I heard something and my hp went down. I began to run to Trelis, I made it
    Danger: 5/10

Goblins outside Geldern – I tried to find the right path from Geldern to Silden. It was during night. I was running outside Geldern in direction of Silden. I picked the most right path. I ran around goblins when I went down the path, but when I saw a golem, I turned around and went back. This time I didn't see the gobline who was trying to hit me. Luckily I saw his branch. I jumped and his weapon went right below me. I ran away on the middle path. THe goblins were still after me, but then I saw bandits, turned around ran down the hill and almost bumped into a snapper and his pack. I went the left way, which finally was the correct one. I went around ripperbeasts and made it to Silden.
    Danger: 7/10

After the run I go to the mage in Reddock. I learn ancient knowledge to 100, so I can learn quickly. I also learn lightning from shrine of Beliar outside Cape Dun. I do all quest in Reddock, Cape Dun and Montera, I decided I will go with the rebels in orc-rebel war, other than that I will go with Xardas. I leveled up quite a couple of times, and now I started to spend most of my learning points.

I went from Montera to Okara, killed the first snappers with lightning. When I made it to two large packs of wolfs the real battle began. I tamed one wolf. On another wolf I used summon animal, so other wolfs attacked him. The wolf who killed the summon animal wolf was also attacked by other wolfs. I started to kill them with lightning, I didn't know I already learned fireball. Tried to pick one at a time but I didn't really succed it. They went after me, almost killed me. The second time, I did it correctly and they died.
    Danger: 8/10

I succesfully cleared the mine with Randall, the warrior for Okara. He went to Okara and I went to the mage for Okara. On the way, I killed two packs of scavengers and a shadowbeast. I made a really big mistake, I stopped to pick some plants. A shadowbeast or something like that sneaked up on me and started the attack. I watched how I lost my hp the first time but the second time I ran for my life. I escaped but I only had about half a centimetre of hp left. Anything would kill me in one hit. When I was running away, I made another mistake. I went up the hill with ripperbeasts. Turned back down and went back up the other hill. Finally i have stopped and drank 2 potions. Now I was safe and I was so mad I went back to kill the shadowbeasts with fireball. After that I went into mage's mine and got him safely out.
    Danger: 10/10

I found all people for Okara. After that I teleported to Silden, did all missions there and started to search for 2 shadowbests in the woods. I need horns for an Okara hunter's quest. I saw some goblins near some ruins. I attacked them with my fireball. When I ran out of mana, I attacked them with my sword. Suddenly there were all over the place, hitting me. I watched my hp go down. It was the most dangerous moment in the game so far. I only had a milimetre of hp left. I ran away, drank two potions and continued with my search. I found the shadowbeasts at the ruins where the shadow scepter is. Killed them without a bigger problem.
    Danger: 10/10

Game: Gothic 3
    Name: Dragonstrike
    Level:
    Overall danger level 'till now: 7
    Ancient knowledge: 196
    Thieving: 34
    Strength: 169
    Hunting: 116
    Mana: 276
    Smithing: 11
    Alchemy: 42
    w. rebels: 30
    w. hashisin: 5
    in Nordmar: 5

Skills: Brew mana potions
    Pick difficult locks
    Remove teeth, claws, horns
    Staff fighting 1, 2
    Magic staves
    Improve robes
    Learn quickly
    Acrobatics
    Endurance of the wolf
    Geändert von DragonStrike (20.07.2010 um 12:54 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74
    Rookie

ThunderSword ist offline
    Sorry here they are
    HP: 150
    STR: 33
    DEX:43
    One Handed Skill: Fighter
    Armor: Light Militia Armor
    Weapons: Sword ( 40 dmg, requires: 20 DEX)
    Bow ( 40 dmg, requires: 25 DEX)
    Skills: Sneak, Pickpocket, Pick locks

So... Can I kill the lizards in the island??
    With this sword it will be tough match you may die or not it is up to you and your fight.Because they attacks really fast and with this stats only you can kill them fast with critical damages if you are lucky.
    But I suggest you kill them later do other quests if it's not really important to you
    If you really really want to do this here is a plan (you need a lot of arrows)
    [Bild: fqsgi.jpg]
    Just an idea nothing else

Actually,you can kill them even at level 1.Try doing it with some spells,as they are particularly weak against fireballs and fire arrows.Or,of course,if your techniquie is good enough,you could try meleeing them with left and right swings.
    First if youre lvl 1 you can just send 1 fireball and you try to run and you'll die in a second.
    With left and right swings lizard just keep hits you (with his stats)
    I agree with fire arrows are effective aganist lizards
    Thats the easiest way to kill them

15. Beiträge anzeigen #75
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    remarkably my pc can still run gothic 1 so i continued little of my odisey,
    i had too much bugs, whole smuggler camp + quentin thing (for ring of primevals) went to shit, so dissapointed i went to primeval temple, i killed the paladin guarding it, killed all arachnids there and queen of spiders, dunno why i can eat her mandibles but nothing happenede last time, soi i won't do it this time.... oh btw i finished the arena and ate the crystal given by innos, omg congralation staff is best choice for it, and last orc was easy meal with beowulf's sword...
    I have entered temple and now completing path of seven steps (dunno how is it called), and now i got a quest to kill firecarrier, as fas as i know it will make me go for beliar, naah i won't kill him i will tell Eli'ne the whole truth... can't show u my stats (forgotten :S) all i know is that i have that STUPID 1h mastery bug, i have 81% mastery, but idiot acts like having 40%.... no fast swings, sigh: i will go for 2h then, omg this is gonna be such a drag...

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Der_Jonn

Der_Jonn ist offline
    Lizards deal only 60 damage, so ideally you should have at least 55 armour. However, they have 100 protection against anything except magic, so they take quite a long time to kill. Even though you will only deal the minimum damage of 5, you might be able to safely take them on, provided you have enough protection.
    In Greg's hut in Jharkendar or in the treasure of the stone dragon in the VoM.

Right at the start of the game. However, if you have previously looked at Martin's wares and not bought the master sword, he has equipped it himself and you can't buy it. If you want to be able to buy it, you will first have to sell him a weapon that deals more damage and that can still be equipped by Martin (i.e. that needs at most 125 strength or 125 dex). An example would be the Torturer's Axe, which can be bought from Jora.

You get both those quests from Andre as a militia.

From Engor. He's in the knight's house in the room where Bullit was in G1.
    Geändert von Der_Jonn (20.07.2010 um 18:00 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #77
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    I needed to make this one long - it's about the size of two parts.

Part 13 - Squeezing the last few drops out of Khorinis' sore teats

Well, I'm still here and not in the VoM, it seems. This part will continue until I'm ready to move on to VoM.

21 LP. I guess my safest move is to put them in strength. I go to Harad and move my strength up to 60, leaving 1 useless LP. I look at Greg's quest again and realize that another of the treasure locations refers to the "high pastures" as the area at the top of some steps. Finally I realize that this must be the pastures near the pass! At least I hope that's right, it sure seems like it now that I re-read the whole quest description. I'll keep it in mind, but first I want to explore the long path some more. Hopefully Greg's quest won't time out due to the amount of times I sleep, but if it does, meh, I get to keep the treasure, I guess?

I head up towards the monastery and swim towards the bend in the path to the black troll and the stone ring. On my way there, I decide to take the little path into the area with the pyramid and explore the back side of it, which I left earlier because of some trees blocking my vision and just a terrible overview from the angle I approached it. There are some easy enemies here, and a hut! Strangely, the campfire is burning, but the hut is empty! There's a pan here and a bed, though. Perfect. I fry my meat and sleep on the bed.

After making sure there are no more enemies around, I slowly approach the mine entrance. I thought for some reason that there would be an area transition here, but there isn't. Using my crossbow to look forwards, I see a bunch of giant rats. A few more steps, and suddenly the whole cave rumbles. I turn and run the few meters to open air. Nothing seems to have collapsed..? I try again, ready to run in case the expected collapse just didn't trigger fully the last time, but there's no more. Once I've killed the rats and stepped inside, I see that this is NOT a mine. Wow.. The athmosphere is pretty heavy in here, with the yellowish and redish glow of the walls and the slightly cramped feeling.

I pick off some more rats and continue onwards as I realize what this must be. This is the excavation site! Or whatever it is, the area in the new intro video. I think I recognize the colors and the style of the architecture. That means there will be some of those golems I saw if I continue far enough. The water mages I saw in the intro video didn't seem to have too much trouble killing them, but I'm sure they will be too much for me, so I just progress slowly and keep my bow up so I won't bump into anything unexpectedly. By the way, Vatras did mention that the other water mages were investigating this place, or something. I don't remember exactly how he worded it. But perhaps I will see some of those too.

Soon, there are no more rats, and a largish room opens up in front of me. There are goblin skeletons about. I pull them away one by one before exploring the room carefully. The light isn't too great here, but I can see a grate wall with some sort of a glowing pedestal behind it, an impression in the wall that looks like a door but can't be interacted with, and the way onwards. Moving on, I am a little squeamish about moving past a hanging stone beam that seems to have broken on one end under the weight of the ceiling. Why the tunnel hasn't collapsed, I have no idea. I see Saturas on the other end, though, so I hurry past and go talk to him.

For a second, I wonder if he's going to attack me. Oh, right.. That little deal, with the ore. He-he.. Phew. He's just angry, not aggressive. Also, there's a dead "stone sentinel" in the room - this must be what I saw in the intro! It has a single gold coin in it. I explore the next rooms, talking to each water mage as I go, keeping my crossbow up whenever I'm entering a new area. So here's where I can train my will-o-the-wisp, and learn the language of the stone tablets! I don't have enough LP to do it yet, and I'm not even sure if I want it.. Maybe I should save reading the stone tablets for later. Except those that might give life or mana, I suppose! I'll be back here later sometime, probably before I have that "key" they need to insert into what they call a portal. Several of the impressions in the walls look like doors that could spring open and release stone sentinels.. Ugh. I'll just have to trust that the game wouldn't trap me that badly with no forewarning.

I go outside again, cook my meat, sleep in the hut and walk straight to the cave that I left somewhat mildly explored the last time I was here. I really don't like the constant rumbling sound inside, and there are lizard-y sounds, just not quite.. Also, the sounds of goblins. After a little bit, I recognize the sound. Minecrawlers! Of course. I'm not sure if I can handle those yet, but from how I remember it, they're very easy to keep at bay 95% of the time.. Sometimes they don't flinch when you hit them. I explore the left side carefully, kill all the goblins and pick up everything. I also edge myself sideways into the right side of the cave. A couple of normal minecrawlers. I pull one of them. It dies easily, and it seems to be doing minimum damage to me. Great! I continue onwards, kill and pick up things, but when I see what I think is a minecrawler warrior pacing back and forth in the next room, I turn and leave the cave. I don't want to risk that one coming after me, I'm sure it would kill me in 2-3 hits.

Finally, I leave the "pyramid valley" and continue up the path. The lake is just around the corner, and all of the monsters around it seem easy enough. I leave the ghost light, although I'm sure I could kill it. I think they were 50 exp in the original. I clear out a little goblin cave for a bit of exp and loot, and talk to Grimbald. He can teach me to take the plates off minecrawlers, but I'm lacking two learning points. I'll keep it in mind, though. I go over to the black troll and pick up the sun aloe. Ohh, I had somehow thought the sun aloe was at the innermost part of the little cave-in behind the troll. Evidently not. I want to see if a bolt will do 5 damage to the troll, so I get it to follow me and run outside the boundary. Oh, right.. I remember now. Ranged attacks are deflected, I can't really hit him with those. He seems to be drawing closer while I fire at him, though, and suddenly, he pops loose of the invisible wall and chases after me! I head for Grimbald because I forget about the bridge, but the troll stops before then. Wow.. I hadn't expected that. I wonder if it was just stuck on a stone at first and that there IS no invisible wall in front of that troll in NotR, but then I remember that my bolts were being deflected. No, the troll must have glitched out. That's the first time I see that happen, I think.

I head down across the bridge and clear out the "novice cave" as far as the room where the walls start to get red and glowing. I think there's a minecrawler warrior in the next room, and for all I know, it's moving around, so I just decide to exit the cave and not test my luck. The trip onwards to the stone circle goes smoothly as well, and I head back and give Dragomir his crossbow, then sleep in the tavern.

I head straight for the high pastures through the path to the pass, wanting to finish up the pirate quest so I can get going. I find the last two crosses and go buy the life potion and the strength amulet off Erol, leaving me broke again. I keep the weapon protection amulet on. I deliver the quest to Greg and go kill the ghost light and the boar on the other side of Onar's farm, then head up to the pass again.

I'm really tempted to find out how much damage the dragon snapper does, so for some reason, I bait it and lure it onto Gaan. It kills him in two bites. Not my brightest idea, but oh well. Now I know not to attack it, at least. There are some more things I COULD do in Khorinis, but as far as I know, it's minor, and I don't care for it at this point. I finally head up to the pass, resuming the position I was in three parts ago.. Right in front of the door. Finally moving on. I'm anxious to see how much VoM has been changed!

Level: 13
    Exp: 45.6k/52.5k
    Unused learning points: 11
    Strength: +10 (60)
    Danger level (0<10): 4
    Because: There was plenty of exploration and tension, but no really dangerous moments. My nerves were at their highest when I was in the ruins of the stone sentinels, but I was very cautious. It couldn't really have gone much smoother.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ThunderSword Beitrag anzeigen
    With this sword it will be tough match you may die or not it is up to you and your fight.Because they attacks really fast and with this stats only you can kill them fast with critical damages if you are lucky.
    But I suggest you kill them later do other quests if it's not really important to you
    If you really really want to do this here is a plan (you need a lot of arrows)
    [Bild: fqsgi.jpg]
    Just an idea nothing else

First if youre lvl 1 you can just send 1 fireball and you try to run and you'll die in a second.
    With left and right swings lizard just keep hits you (with his stats)
    I agree with fire arrows are effective aganist lizards
    Thats the easiest way to kill them
    On the contrary,left and right swings are meant to keep the lizard at a distance.Just keep doing it till it dies,but you have to be experienced in this tactic.
    At level 1,you can send two fireballs.I think that's enough to kill the lizard (or two fireballs and a fire arrow).That's how I would kill the lizards at the very beginning of the game (the ones in the valley with the boars).

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Der_Jonn

Der_Jonn ist offline
    I found some time to play Gothic today, so I finally got to test my new strategy for the Free Mine. I simply ignored the guards, jumped down to left of the bridge in the entrance hall and ran past the first two minecrawlers. I then jumped onto one of those steps in that little valley-thing and then slowly eliminated the minecrawlers that were down there. Then I went to Tarok's platform and from there killed all the nearby minecrawlers, fetched Tarok his medicine and went back the same way.

Now I'm at the start of chapter 5 and doing some last minute preperations for the Orc Temple.
    This is quite likely the last time in the forseeable future that I will be playing Gothic, so I really hope I can bring this to a successful conclusion.

Game: Gothic 1
    Name: Nameless Hero without equipment #2
    Challenge: not wearing any armour, rings, amulets and weapons
    Level: 22
    Chapter: 5 (at the start)
    Guild: Water Mage
    Game time: 7:35 h
    Near death experiences: was unexpectedly attacked by an orc in the graveyard while my inventory was open

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80
    Rookie

ThunderSword ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Der_Jonn Beitrag anzeigen
    Right at the start of the game. However, if you have previously looked at Martin's wares and not bought the master sword, he has equipped it himself and you can't buy it. If you want to be able to buy it, you will first have to sell him a weapon that deals more damage and that can still be equipped by Martin (i.e. that needs at most 125 strength or 125 dex). An example would be the Torturer's Axe, which can be bought from Jora.
    WHAT ?! I never saw him he's is carring or using master sword.He always uses rough bastard sword.But after you got proof for the Lord Hagen and Martin starts sell the sword.It's just me or something ? (I modded game too much anyways sorry if thats wrong )

On the contrary,left and right swings are meant to keep the lizard at a distance.Just keep doing it till it dies,but you have to be experienced in this tactic.
    At level 1,you can send two fireballs.I think that's enough to kill the lizard (or two fireballs and a fire arrow).That's how I would kill the lizards at the very beginning of the game (the ones in the valley with the boars).
    Yes you can beat 1 lizard with 2 fireball spell and fire arrow but why you waste on them ? Can't you just run them until you are powerfull ? I alwasy keep my scrolls for emergency situation's (like someone beats me and takes money and weapon or I need some money to buy special armors like Dragon Hunter armor ) I don't think I won't use them but of course everbody have a different play style that makes us hero in the game doesn't it ?

Seite 4 von 21 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »