Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 21 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 402
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Drachentöter Avatar von Blubbler

Blubbler ist offline
    I can't get Pirate Life to work with the Sine Numeris mod. Pirate Life alone works fine, but when I install Sine Numeris I just get a black world when I start the game...

Zitat Zitat von DragonStrike Beitrag anzeigen
    Trying to get the maximum amount of exp i can. Got the first focus stone. [...] Killed everyone vulnerable in the old mine.
    Don't do it unless it's an extra challenge for you. I lost many games because I was too exp greedy.
    Good luck anyway.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Hello, folks!
    And if anyone remembers me, hello again.

I just got the NotR expansion, and figured I wanted to do a hardcore run with a diary like I did with G1. If I even pass the first chapter, I'll do the whole chapter evaluation thing too, but I've read that NotR is much more difficult than vanilla G2, so I have my doubts as to whether I'll get that far.

I have played G1 in full now, and I've been playing G2 for years. Thus, this won't be nearly "as" blind as G1 was, but everything that is new in NotR will be new to me. All I know about NotR at this point is what's in the manual: Mainly that it's longer and harder, with some new enemies and playable mage classes, and that it introduces an artifact as the new major plot point. I've also gathered that playing as a mage is relatively difficult, meaning I'll likely choose a melee path, even though I'm itching to try the water mages and the necromancers.

Just in case, I'd like to ask people not to give me hints, tips or information about NotR, since I want this to remain blind. ^^ [Edit: Of course I only mean when you address me directly.. If you post about NotR here and don't address me, I can just skip past]
    Part 1 is already done, and I'm posting it shortly.

Game: G2: NotR
    Character: Stewbob jr.

Part 1 - Familiarizing myself

I start out in Xardas' tower. There's a little difference in the dialogue - I need to get that artifact of Beliar, and there are guardians. The insides of the tower are just as I remember them except the potions are now giving off a little glow..? I collect the branch, read the books and head down. Oh, and there are lots of herbs in the side room on the first floor. All right, I exit the tower.. Nervous about the promised increase in difficulty, I slowly move forwards until I agitate the goblin on the left side of the path, and let out a sigh of relief when it goes down in three whacks or so. So far, no increased difficulty.

Moving slowly to make sure I don't run into anything different, I get the remains of the dead adventurer to the left of the pond, equip the bow and keep it drawn at all times when I advance in the terrain. After a ridiculously redundant amount of time, I've talked to Lester and cleared out his valley. I notice one difference while talking to him - He suggests I can get by the guards by pretending to be working for Constantino! Not that I think I'll use that one, but that's interesting. I take note of a couple of boars up on a hill above the valley, and keep it in mind for later. I know from the manual that I don't want to make those mad. I head into the cave at the bottom of the valley and clear it out, grabbing the rusty sword at the end.

..Wow, 30 strength?!!

Level: 0
    Exp: 485/500
    Best weapon: Heavy branch (OH, 10 dmg)
    Best armor: None
    Danger level (0<10): 2
    Because:
    Surprisingly, the extra difficulty hasn't kicked in yet. I moved slowly and only took on young creatures and goblins, so I haven't had any trouble. Only got hit once, from a young wolf. Then again, that did considerable damage.

I just realized I forgot to equip that belt I found along with the plants in Xardas' tower. Doing it first thing in part 2.

Part 2 - Getting a foothold

My belt seems to give me 5 extra strength! That's useful. I put it on and head up, out of the valley and back on the path. Everything is very familiar, except for Cavalorn, who mentions that he'd like to take out the bandit stronghold with me. Great! Perhaps I will clear out those bandits, even though I never normally do. So far, the NotR-specific things I've seen have all been helpful, except perhaps for the rusty sword. Cavalorn gives me a wolf knife, too! 10 str and 30 dmg?! That's awesome! Horrible range, though, it seems. I stick with it, reluctantly. The branch doesn't have too good range either. I also notice that the two boars I saw earlier are on a platform below Cavalorn. If I recall correctly, I'll have to climb at the entrance to the bandit hideout to get there. I decide to not do that, for once.

I head on down to the farm and do some chores. Turnips, pan, even wine for the exp. I've decided to get the clothes fairly even though I'd save a relative lot of money just stealing them. I'd like to piss off as few as possible, especially if the area around them is more or less unexplored. I also meet the pirate. Interesting. I keep in mind that he's looking for a way in, I'm sure I'll find a way that suits him soon. Would he pass for a blacksmith? Nah.. Hopefully Canthar's pass isn't what I needed, because I've already turned that offer down. I buy the clothes off Lobart and head on up to the stone circle. Past it, I find a stone tablet. I've seen these in the manual.. I need a language to read it, but which language? Stone tablet of life energy.. Well. I pocket (?) it and move on.

By the way, I noticed from Canthar's shop that both the damage and the requirements of weapons are a lot higher, confirming what I saw with the rusty sword and the wolf knife, and that I seem to be getting less gold. I'm already tempted to do nightly raids in the upper town for money.

Level: 1
    Exp: 1005/1500
    Best weapon: Wolf knife (OH, 30 dmg)
    Best armor: Farmer's clothing (15 weap, 15 arr)
    Best belt: - of Force (+5 strength)
    Unused learning points: 10
    Danger level (0<10): 1
    Because:
    Still very calm. I hope it will continue like this for a while.
    Geändert von Bobstew (17.07.2010 um 21:14 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Apprentice Avatar von DragonStrike

DragonStrike ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Blubbler Beitrag anzeigen
    Don't do it unless it's an extra challenge for you. I lost many games because I was too exp greedy.
    Good luck anyway.
    Ok, i won't kill too much for exp, ty

No.3 Update on Just another fail's adventure

Game: Gothic 1 with golden mod

Almanach was really easy to get. Orc cemetary was nothing special, every orc fell after 3 hits with my god's hammer . I wonder who let the orcs in the cave. Who locked them in there, the gate was down. Dont you think the sword you find at the end is the same but weaker Cor Kalom uses? It's all fake, believe me, it's all a conspiracy. Cor Kalom used sleep on Y'berion. He knew that Angar would sent ME to the cemetary , so he sent the orcs there. He wanted to kill me so i would not have a chance to go to the Sleeper's temple. He failed. So, back to the game, I got the potion for Y'berion, then went to the water mages. Bought new armor, and then on a quest for the focus stones. First was the stone ring, skeletons almost killed me, but I ran away while Milten was fighting. Got the focus. Then it was the new quest for Quentin and I succesfully killed Bullit, Cutter the guard mysteriously disappeared after the murder . Then the troll canyon focus with Diego and the monastery one with Gorn, almost killed by snappers in the yard. Finally i became a master in two handed weapon and bought Revenge steel. went for the final focus in the mountain fort and AGAIN almost killed, now by the harpies. Started chapter 4, bought new armor again and then went to kill the guards outside the Old camp, do the quest for Diego and find Blade's axe. Planning to go into the abandoned mine tomorrow, after that to Xardas.

Level: 21
    Guild: Mercenary
    Str: 81
    Dex: 54
    One-handed, two-handed and bow master
    trained in lockpicking
    using Revenge steel, Storm bow and Heavy mercenary armor
    Chapter: 4
    Near death experiences: Some snappers, bullit, snappers again, harpies, skeletons, else nothing new.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Part 3 - Into the city

By the time I've scouted out the area a bit more, it's already become night. I go into the shed next to the farmer's house and wake up Maleth to get the conversation option about pretending to be a blacksmith for the guards. After that, I head down to the only monsters left on the right side of the path - the two giant rats. After killing them, I jump down into the trench, then suddenly realize I forgot to check if there's anything there in NotR. I assume finding a boar next to me in that trench would be death. Luckily, though, there's no boar there, so I gather up all the little things, including two (!) rusty swords - why would they add a second one in NotR? - and head back up to the pirate. Turns out Maleth's idea works out fine for him, and I end up giving him my clothes. There's not much of a reward, although experience is always welcome.

For some reason, I have a lot of trouble getting in by jumping over the wall like I usually did, and spend probably three minutes jumping like an idiot out of stubbornness before I resign and climb the chain instead. It's unrealistic that they wouldn't see me at that range, but.. At least I'm not glitching anything. Finally inside, I head straight for Lares for 500 delicious exp, and find out to my joy that he's able to train my strength! I get 10 strength, saving 5 LP each for skinning and lockpicking.

One skinning lesson and some errands later, I figure out too late that lockpicking costs 10 LP.. I don't remember if it did in G2 vanilla, but I thought it was 5. Hmpf.. Oh well, I can always take a run with Lares to get free exp! Except then I probably have to bribe the guards to get in again. Not part of my plan. I think it's possible to get to the front of the city again, though. I'll figure it out when I get there.

I also meet the fisherman. Neat! A new side quest, I'm definitely doing that one later. I pick up two different types of clams and find a pearl and a rock crystal inside them. Pretty neat stuff.. I don't think the clams were in the original either, but I could be wrong.

I wonder if the NotRified version of Wolf's Tooth will be under the bridge before the little inn by the big intersection.

Level: 2
    Exp: 1995/3000
    Best armor: None
    Unused learning points: 5
    Skills learned: Skin animals
    Strength: +10 (20)
    Danger level (0<10): 1
    Because:
    Comfort level is high.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Der_Jonn

Der_Jonn ist offline
    Hi there Bobstew, glad you're back. I immensely enjoyed reading your G1 diary, so I'm very much looking forward to your reading about your NotR experiences.

Oh, and if any of you are wondering about my active G1 attempt, I haven't found the time to play recently because the Starcraft 2 beta is back online and I also have to study for upcoming exams.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Der_Jonn Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi there Bobstew, glad you're back. I immensely enjoyed reading your G1 diary, so I'm very much looking forward to your reading about your NotR experiences.

Oh, and if any of you are wondering about my active G1 attempt, I haven't found the time to play recently because the Starcraft 2 beta is back online and I also have to study for upcoming exams.
    Thanks. Hoping I get far enough to see the new area and such.

I also got G3 together with NotR (and I have the computer to run it now), so I could eventually do the same with that.

Part 4 - Completionism and fail

I run around town and gather quests for a bit, avoiding the potentially dangerous ones while doing some others, gaining a small amount of experience. It would be really nice if I could get that lockpicking skill (and thus, the leather armor) before I leave, considering I don't even have the farmer's clothes anymore. I also remember that I haven't touched the left side of the path in front of the city at all, and that there are two young field raiders back there in the little cave maze. It still looks like I'm a while away from leveling, though, so I cave in and go to Lares. Annoyingly, he tells me he can't go yet. Oh well. I could ask Ulf, but then again..

I head back out of town and to the right, then lure a regular bloodfly away from the other. Very bad idea.. I somehow decide to stay and fight it for a bit, and only run away when I'm heavily wounded. The guards kill the bloodfly. At least I get 100 exp for using the "Constantino's apprentice" excuse. I walk around for a while, killing the two young field raiders and getting myself back to Xardas. There, I discover the old stone tablet. Drawing closer to the next level..

One Abuyin and a prisoned Canthar later, I level up and go to Thorben to learn lockpicking. I climb the roofs and jump down to the chests, only to find out that they're.. not locked. Fffff.

I find out that Ulf won't take me outside the gates either, and walk out annoyed and alone, turning to the left to pick up the orc weapon and kill some rats. Not very long after, I'm Harad's apprentice. Normally I'd sign up with Bosper for the money, but the manual indicated that forging is more nuanced in this game, something I've wanted since I started playing. Great! I only have enough LP to learn the simplest forging skill for now, but I still can't equip that sword, so it doesn't matter.

I go outside the gates and talk to Mika. Sweet! 10 gold for a ride on the exp train to Akil's farm?! That's an instant yes. I would have joined the militia before I went, but I'm still not sure which group I want to join. I'll give myself some time to think about it.

Level: 3
    Exp: 4700/5000
    Best armor: Leather armor (25 weap, 20 arr, 5 fire)
    Unused learning points: 3
    Skill learned: Forging (sword)
    Danger level (0<10): 8
    Because:
    Really bad choice with the bloodfly. This part would have been low risk if it weren't for my stupidity.
    Geändert von Bobstew (16.07.2010 um 18:38 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47

DragonStrike ist offline
    DEATH

No.4 update on Just another fail's adventure

Game: Gothic 1 with golden mod

As soon as i woke up i went into the abandoned mine. The adventure was pretty easy, no serious threats except the two skeleton mages. At the end i spent a lot of time figuring out how can i kill the demon lord, talked to him and went to water mages. They didn't kill it because that would help me too much, don't like 'em . After that i went to Xardas, destroyed the golems without a problem. Xardas gave me the quest to find Ur-Shak, but the shaman WAS NOT THERE. I was stuck in the storyline. Now i was totally angry. I turned into a bloodfly, flew over to the Old camp and over the wall (yes, it worked). I started killing just about everyone i could see. At last i went into the castle, killed some guards and Raven. I started to climb onto the highest tower. Wanted to see that nice view. I got to the top, climbed onto the wall and looked at the ruins, where Ur-Shak should have been. It was a rainy night, so I couldn't see very far. But the wall was "slippery" so I fell. Right onto Whistler's hut. So on his 24th day in the colony at 0:26 in the night, the nameless hero DIED. RIP hero, rip mud, and everyone else (except the big bad troll) who died for my heroic cause to destroy the barrier.

RIP Just another fail
    Level: 23
    Guild: Mercenary
    Chapter: 4
    Cause of death: Suicide (falling off the Old camp's tower)

So now I'm going to try hardcore Gothic 3.

Game: Gothic 3
    Name: Dragonstrike
    Difficulity: Medium - without AB
    Geändert von DragonStrike (17.07.2010 um 13:21 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48
    Apprentice

sokras2008 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bobstew Beitrag anzeigen
    One Abuyin and a prisoned Canthar later, I level up and go to Thorben to learn lockpicking. I climb the roofs and jump down to the chests, only to find out that they're.. not locked. Fffff.
    Bobstew I love the way to talk about your adventures. You make them look so vivid ( you really have some writing skills).Anyway I wanted to ask you where are these chests that you mention? I didn't really understand.

P.S. I still haven't continued playing G2 NotR yet:P I play xbox 360 right now:P

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    DragonStrike: Condolences! Falling deaths are annoying, but you did get far.

Zitat Zitat von sokras2008 Beitrag anzeigen
    Bobstew I love the way to talk about your adventures. You make them look so vivid ( you really have some writing skills).Anyway I wanted to ask you where are these chests that you mention? I didn't really understand.

P.S. I still haven't continued playing G2 NotR yet:P I play xbox 360 right now:P
    Oh, thank you sokras. ^^ The chests are behind the guard just to the left of the entrance to the city. One of them contains Matteo's leather armor.

Part 5 - Newbie's guild choice

I head right up towards the bar by going under the bridge to pick up everything there (including the Wolf's Tooth, yay!), and talk to the guy who has lost three stone tablets in a bandit raid.. I forget his name. There are considerably fewer scavengers around the tavern now than there used to be. I clear out the path towards the monastery, managing to lose 70% of my health to a double scavenger fight when I fight one a little too close to its sleeping friend. I run back to the fire mage to have him pick the last one off me. Just another reminder that I need to pull them away one by one even if they're easy. And asleep. I go visit the guy at the monestary (Pedro, I think it was), but he doesn't really have anything new to say.

At this point, I really want a better armor, so I head back to town to upgrade. I almost go submit myself to the militia when I suddenly have a flash of doubt and put it off. I think about joining the mages for a while, but decide that I have to go for the most straightforward class that requires the least balancing in order to avoid screwing up my build, and I think that would be either mercenaries or militia. I suddenly remember Calahorn and his "ring of water", and look up the manual again. Right.. Water mages are new, not necromancers. Necromancer was just an advanced form of mage. And there's the ring of water, the pirates and the bandits. Wow! I do want to try out one of those, but I may have shot myself in the foot when it comes to joining the bandits, what with turning people in and all. Or actually, those little quests probably don't matter, but bandits seem like a tough and unpredictable way to go. The pirate I helped earlier was probably a first step towards gaining their favor and eventually joining them. The manual says they dwell at a hidden coast in Khorinis. Hmm.. I actually think you can get to two hidden beaches in Khorinis if you swim from the harbor, but if I'm wrong, I may get eaten by a shark.. Because I know that can happen if I swim too far. It's very tempting, though. I should ask around the town, especially the harbor. Maybe someone knows more.

I take Nagur's quest before bumping into the map maker. Suddenly I get a bright idea: Maybe the map will help me find the 'secret coast'! I buy one - 250 gold - and examine it. Yup, those are two beaches just north of the harbor, just as I thought. I go there and find Skip. From the way he explains it, the pirate guild seems more akin to the thieves' guild.. And it sounds like I'll need a boat to get there. Ergo later in the game, most likely.. I had hoped they would be an alternative to the militia, just like I assume joining the ring (and probably eventually circle) of water seems to be, with their own kind of armor and possibly their own angle on the main plot.

I give in and go see Andre for my enrollment, then I go hunting for a bit on that left side of the path to the city to rack up my exp. Experience really seems to be what's keeping me back rather than gold.. I can afford weapons far better than I can wield, and I can even make them for 10 gold now. I train my strength a bit and equip the self-made sword. It seems to have much better range, even if the damage is slightly lower. Also, the bonus to OH combat is nice. I kill the single remaining bloodfly and the three wolves outside the city gates, then bring Bartok for a second round. I move far away from him as soon as he gets to the shadowbeast, but to my amazement, it dies before it can even reach him! The orc barely manages to reach him before it dies. I had hoped I could get Bartok's loot. He's definitely gotten a boost since G2 vanilla.

Level: 5
    Exp: 7530/10500
    Best weapon: Sword (OH, 40 dmg)
    Best armor: Light militia armor (40 weap, 40 arr)
    Unused learning points: 14
    Skill learned: Forging (Fine sword)
    Strength: +5 (25)
    Guild joined: Militia
    Danger level (0<10): 5
    Because:
    Double scavenger encounter and some exploration along the coast.
    Geändert von Bobstew (17.07.2010 um 00:01 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Part 6 - To Onar's farm

After picking off a couple of black goblins, I head back to town and get myself five extra strength so I can rid myself of the strength belt. Instead, I buy the Militia belt. Obviously, it's far more valuable than the strength belt, but it's a lot cheaper. Presumably because it's been mass produced for the militia.

I finally head back towards the start and clear out the bandit cave with Cavalorn. Very easy, as expected.. I could probably have done it at the very start, just letting Cavalorn deal with the bandits alone. I get the letter to Vatras, turn in the bandit quest at Maleth and head through town towards Onar's farm after training my OH weapon skill a little. I know there's a hunter near Onar's farm who can teach me stuff, at least there was in G2, and I know from the manual that taking animal trophies cost less LP now, so I'm guessing I can learn at least something with my 4 LP. Mandibles are probably first on the list, considering the huge amount of field raiders still around on the map.

Past the tavern towards Onar's farm, I make a stop to clear out the goblin cave, very slowly, luring them off one by one and two by two. At this point, I notice that even the regular goblins do 5 damage to me, and recall something to that effect in the manual.. That really makes clearing out enemies that attack in groups a whole different deal. I'm obviously not happy about it considering it makes things harder for me, but it does make more sense than the near-invincibility you had against outclassed enemies in G2.

I take a wide swing around the boars, hugging the edge of the lake, and avoid Buster, sticking to the right side of the field and killing some field raiders in search of the hunter. After one wrong turn (and discovering a group of bandits behind some scavengers), I look at the map and run just a bit north. There he is! And I've got the food he wants, too. I didn't remember exactly what he wanted, but I brought a little of everything. I'm very happy to find out that I can learn both mandible (1 LP!!) and teeth removal, noting that the other two (heart and shadowbeast horn) aren't important for a while yet. I should still learn to take claws soon, though. Also, bloodfly wings and stingers. (where is that book, anyways? I've searched through all of the vendors in town, I think.)

I start clearing out the fields, leaving the lurkers for now just because I'm not completely sure of them. I'd be confident if I had the medium armor. In the cave I'd usually clear out with Fester, (but did alone this time because I want to avoid fighting him afterwards,) I find the dexterity potion. I'd save it for much later, but since dexterity is not a skill I'm planning on training, I chug it right away.
    Before long, I'm at level 6. The mandibles don't seem very valuable, but everything adds up! It's well into the night now, so I grab a bed at Onar's farm.

Level: 6
    Exp: 11.3k/14k
    Best belt: Militia belt (5 weap, 5 arr, +5 all)
    Unused learning points: 10
    Skill learned: Take throphy (mandibles, teeth)
    OH skill: +5 (15)
    Strength: +5 (30)
    Dexterity: +3 (13)
    Danger level (0<10): 3
    Because: Hunting, exploring and clearing out caves is always a little dangerous. In particular this time, the goblin cave kept me on my toes.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51

DragonStrike ist offline
    where is that book, anyways?
    The book is on a table in
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Gomez's house in VoM

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Thanks, DragonStrike, but I'm not looking at the spoiler yet. I'll go back and look at it once I'm dead if I don't figure it out on my own.

Part 7 - Minor city questing

I wake up and head straight to Pepe to do his little wolf pack quest. I notice that there are boars in the forest just nearby, so I keep my distance. On my way back to the city, I go down the steps into the little valley with field raiders just outside the city walls and kill them off. If memory serves, there are wargs further in, so I'm not going there yet. Yep.. A little scouting with the shortbow confirms it. At some point, I eat another dark mushroom, and ding! +5 mana, finally! Makes a huge difference when all scrolls are 5 MP.

Back in the city, I go down to the harbor and sniff around for exp. I know I've been warned by the bartender earlier that a guy wanted to meet me by the fish soup lady, but I don't want to go there yet as long as I don't have to. I pick up a couple of shady conversation options and also head up to talk to Baltram, then run his errand to Skip. Wondering where I might get a better armor (although I suspect that's not before chapter two) and also if the conversations around town have triggered any bounties, I go talk to Andre, who reminds me that I admitted to Pablo that it was me on the wanted poster, and also the Canthar has told people I was a former convinct. I visit Canthar in jail, but he doesn't want to talk to me. Yup, the merchants in town are freezing me out, too.

I head down to Alrik and fight him, then agree to get his sword. Of course, though, Jora doesn't want to talk to me, so there goes that quest for now. I don't remember what triggers Canthar to talk. Instead, I go to Ignaz and finally beat him up, steal his stuff and use Oblivion on him. I'm pretty sure I stole the last stuff before he woke up. He doesn't react at all, though, and talking to him gives me no conversation option other than "show me your wares".. Not to mention that the wares are all gone, even though the stuff I stole off him was nothing like his actual wares. A visit to Andre tells me he didn't tell on me either, so I'm stumped. I guess that quest is shut off to me now.

I decide to go up towards Jack's lighthouse and hunt small time critters, round the bend at the top of the path and stand face to face with a boar!! It grunts twice (I have no idea how many times it grunts before it charges, and didn't feel like waiting to find out) before I get out of its radius. That was annoying as hell. I could have gone slower, stopped and peeked around the trees at the top from a safer distance and some other things, but, still.. It was just behind the turn, and I didn't expect that whole area up there to be closed off to me by a boar at this point.. I assume it would have killed me if it had charged, so I'm just thankful.

Well. I sleep and go visit Canthar, who's back in the market. ..500 gold pieces?! I don't remember it being that bad. Oh well. I still don't need a lot of money for anything, except perhaps an amulet and - if I have to pay for it - a new armor once I enter chapter 2. I pay Canthar, get Alrik's sword from Jora and go fight Alrik again. Surprisingly, he agrees to fight me a second time, and a third! Not wanting to abuse this feature even though it seems intentionally changed from regular G2, I stop there. I notice that Alrik occasionally gets a critical hit in, something I haven't seen any monster do. I guess only humans make critical hits. I really don't like how much those dominate a battle, both offensively and defensively. Makes luck a much higher factor. Very unnerving.

Just then, I remember that I picked up a "valuable statue of Innos" from a goblin in the cave on my way to Onar's farm, and walk around the fish shop to get to the fish soup lady, who mentioned having lost one like that. On the way, I bump into Attila. Oh, right.. He's only wearing a leather armor, though, and his weapon doesn't look too nice either, so I fight him, prepared to run for it if he gets in a good hit. I win and loot him. I probably should have gotten the +40 HP amulet before this battle, but then again, maybe there will be new amulets on the market in chapter 2.

Stewbob jr. doesn't seem to want to tell the fish soup lady about the statue of Innos he found, so I just get another bowl of fish soup instead. (Where does she get all these bowls from?? It must cost her quite a bit in the long run.) I enter the sewers using Attila's key, but don't have the nerve to go any further in than to the giant rats. Just enough to level up! I go up again and learn sneak from Bartok, preparing to raid the upper quarters.

I decide not to put it off any longer, go to Hagen and enter the second chapter.

Level: 7
    Exp: 14.1k/18k
    Skill learned: Sneak
    OH skill: +10 (25)
    Mana: +5 (15)
    Danger level (0<10): 8
    Damn boar. Also, Attila. In hindsight, fighting him without magic was a very bad decision.

Chapter 1: The Menace

Danger in chapter 1

[Bild: Ch1dangerchart.png]

Close calls in Chapter 1

Part 4 - Bloodfly. Too early, too stubborn.
    Part 7 - Surprise boar!

End stats in Chapter 1

[Bild: Ch1stats.jpg]

Playing time - 8 hours

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Part 8 - Shady business

Ahh, chapter 2! I go straight to Andre to ask for better armor. There's no option to ask him about it, though! Perhaps I'm just misremembering? I ask all other named militia (that I know of), but there's no option to ask about it All right.. So perhaps there'll be an option to ask about it if I do Andre's quests. Actually, I think new armors are unlocked by the main plot rather than the militia quests, but it doesn't hurt to get some extra exp.

I clear out Lobart's farm (yeeah, one-handed fighter skill!) and return to the city. Not a bad reward for an easy job! I consider which amulet I want: +40 HP or +10 weapon protection. I think the most likely causes of death will be those that either kill me in very few shots or swarm me with minimum damage, and the HP amulet is better for both.. It's also half the price. I go for that one.

I know where the package of weed is, and I even got a reminder from the bartender at the harbor pub earlier, but I don't know if the guard there will be too tough. I go into the store and have a look at him. The sword looks rather mean.. But he's only wearing leather armor. I talk to him first to make sure I remember right, and that he does threaten me, then I take a few steps back, throw three fireballs at him and finish him off with the sword. That was easy enough - I'll have to remember to keep some scrolls around for key moments like that. I might have had serious trouble taking him down with melee only.

I deliver it and get the quest to find out who the weed dealer in the city is. I haven't really been a lot in the harbor in normal G2.. And I've only been in the thieves' guild once. I don't remember much about these things. I ask around in the pub, go to the brothel, have sex with Nadja and get the tip about Borka. Unfortunately, though, I mustn't have paid enough attention to what Nadja said. She probably didn't want me to say that she sent me.

One anticlimactic talk with Borka and a little chat with Andre later, I sigh (poor Nadja) and go sleep until midnight, then do a raid in the upper town. I don't dare going in more than about half the houses - the ones that don't seem too obviously in plain view of the guards. I sell the goods and move on down to the sewers. (Holy shit, I almost landed on top of the giant stingray. I don't know if it can kill me, but that was highly unpleasant.)

I almost don't remember anything about this place.. Once I have verified that they don't shoot me on sight, I replace my militia armor with my leather armor just in case it matters, and talk to Cassia. I agree to do the quest to prove myself (otherwise she'd kill me, so..) and go straight up to report to Andre. Hehe, I don't think I'm interested in doing any pickpocketing (too risky), and if memory serves, their quests are really hard, except for the initiation quest. Anyways, talking to Andre doesn't do much, so I decide to do the initiation quest anyways. I don't feel confident that I could kill them, so why not just do all the quests I can? I buy some new spell scrolls from Zuris, including a summon demon scroll, some ice blocks and two ball lightning. I also give Coragon his silver, which I found down in the sewers. He gives me a 'special beer' in return. Oh, that's right, permanent HP and mana, I remember now! That's not much, but it helps.

I wait until midnight again and creep into Constantino's home. His ring is obviously in his chest, there's nothing else in the room. I kneel down by the chest. Right.. Crap. Luckily, he's still asleep. Left.. Right.. Right.. Left.. Left.. ****. He wakes up, and I run out and wait until next night, then sneak in again. Left.. Right.. Right.. Left.. Right! Easy enough when there are no consequences for being caught.

Cassia's happy with the ring, and tells me I'm in for real this time. Then she gives me the key to the shortcut. I also get a new quest and a secret nod, which Stewbob jr. seems to already know by heart.

Cassia: "You can get in touch with other members of the Guild by showing them a particular nod."

Stewbob jr: *makes three hugely exaggerated bobs with his head*

Cassia: "Exactly."

I'm pretty sure completing the blood chalice quest is very difficult if I don't know exactly what I'm doing, but I wait until next midnight and do another, bolder raid in the upper quarter, gathering my first blood chalice. ..Yeah, all six is not going to happen. I don't want to be picking any locks, I don't know how serious it would be to be discovered in the upper quarter, and I'm almost positive one or more of them is in a locked chest near a sleeping person.

I give both the gardener and Haldor the secret nod. The gardener reminds me that there are switches in some of the houses, and Haldor offers me a better price for loot. Too bad I've sold most of the easily accessible stuff already.

After another little chat with the fisherman, I look at the island outside the harbor. ..It doesn't look too far away from here. I decide to swim there, keeping an eye out for large fishes. Once I round the island and start to approach the beach, a lizard jumps down from a height and swims after me. Luckily, it hurts itself in the fall. As soon as I can stand, I draw my weapon and take the rest of its HP with several chops. I fight the other lizards as well, one by one, healing up after each battle since they're doing 10 damage and I'm seemingly doing minimum damage to them, making for very even but quite controlled fights.

Realizing this part is running very long, I stop outside the cave entrance. Perhaps this is where the pirates are? Or some bandits? I wouldn't bet on it, considering the lizards.. I know there was a nice bandit stash here in G2.

Level: 7
    Exp: 16.7k/18k
    Mana: +1 (16)
    Danger level (0<10): 4
    Because:
    Mostly the lizards at the end, but I was nervous about the swim to the island as well, and talking to the thieves' guild.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Hello,fellow adventurers.Unfortunately,I will not be able to continue my adventures for a while,as my PC is broken.I should be lucky if I manage to keep my save files.But good luck to you all,nonetheless!

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello,fellow adventurers.Unfortunately,I will not be able to continue my adventures for a while,as my PC is broken.I should be lucky if I manage to keep my save files.But good luck to you all,nonetheless!
    Aww, too bad. :/ Good luck to you too, extracting the save files and other things from your computer.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Ohh,and now I notice that you are back with your sweet journal,man ! Keep the entries coming,and good luck with your new game .

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Thanks, dude.

Part 9 - Into the wilderness

I go into the cave and look around. Yep, just the way I remember it, with a very obvious death trap in front of the goods. I turn it off with the hidden switch by the torch and step inside. One chest is locked with a special key, but there's a lot of gold's worth in there anyways! I carefully swim back to the harbor and kill the lone lizard by the paladin ship to grab a bit more loot, including a sword. On my way back, I notice someone I haven't seen before - Martin! He lets me in on the paladins' stash. I only buy the molerat fat, since it's such a rare (and cheap) item and I think you need it for a certain lever somewhere. I also resolve the fisherman's quest before checking in on Ignaz (still a vegetable, before and after Oblivion) and taking another swim over to Skip, since I wondered earlier about a couple conversation options that might have unlocked something. ..Nope.

Deciding to take the shortcut through the sewers to get to the merchants, I walk in on Cassia to find her dead!! I pull my weapon and search nearby rooms for anything dangerous (ready to run), but find nothing, so I loot the three guild members instead. I go talk to Andre, and he tells me he had sent people down there. All right.. Now all hope of ever finishing the blood chalice quest is gone, though. And there's still no option to ask him (or anyone else, that I can see) about armor. I'm guessing I have to go to the Valley of Mines first.. I don't remember exactly how this was in normal G2.

I buy the Divine power - book for the extra 2 mana and head out of the city towards the tavern, and pray at a nearby shrine since I've got plenty of money. Now, I should mention that I donated 200 gold to the magician in town in an earlier part, and got nothing but 50 xp! I hope that was just bad luck. Anyways, I get 1 dexterity this time, then spend the night at the tavern and head out on the long path towards the stone circle.

I move slowly, not wanting to bump into any unexpected boars or worse, but everything is peachy, and I level up soon. I'm surprised that there's no enemy at all where the magic golem used to be, but who cares? The loot there is great! I take no chances with the highwayman and freeze him with an ice block spell before killing him. I also pray by a shrine again and get +1 strength this time. Nice! Exactly what I wanted. I stop in the bend where the road starts rising and I can see the pyramid at a little distance.

Level: 8
    Exp: 20k/22.5k
    Unused learning points: 15
    Strength: +1 (31)
    Dexterity: +1 (14)
    Mana: +2 (18)
    Danger level (0<10): 2
    Because:
    About as peaceful as hunting can be. It might even have been a 1 if not for the cave exploration at the start and the swim back to the city.

Part 10 - ****.

I go into the area with the pyramid and kill off a couple of black goblins, then head up the pyramid and get the prize inside. Orc slayer, like before! Great, although I won't have use for it yet.. For a long while. I go over the top and kill the lizards at the bottom. I also dip slightly into the cave and pick off some black goblins, but the constant rumbling sound makes me nervous, and I turn and walk out again.

Suddenly, I notice that the area where G2 had a single troll has turned into something like a mine.. Very interesting! I suppose I'll be going there later in the game. For now, I retreat because I don't like the low visibility around the mine, or whatever it is. I go back to the path and follow it for a while, but stop when I'm almost at the lake before the black troll (assuming it's still there in NotR), because dusk is falling pretty quickly. I head back to the tavern and sleep, then go towards Akil's farm through the high route, which I haven't explored yet. The woods there seem easy enough, with nothing but molerats, field raiders and bloodflies. I don't attack the bandits there, though.. They seem to be many, at least four.

I don't have too long left before I level, so I head towards the pass to gain some exp. Boars again.. I sneak around them. The lurkers aren't too difficult at this point, but I'm not doing much damage against them with my plain old sword. I'm definitely upping strength next. Gaan teaches me how to gut bloodflies (wings and stingers) and remove claws. Neat! I clean the whole area there, leaving only the snorting dragon snapper and the boars, then head back to town, making a 100 gold offer along the way and gaining +1 strength.

Zuris has a strength potion for sale! Not sure whether I need to buy it now or if it will carry over into the next chapters, I buy it to be sure. Now to not accidentally drink it.. I spend my remaining 20 LP on strength, but I still can't wield a better one handed weapon. I buy a Judge's staff because of its 50 damage and superior range compared to my 40 damage OH sword, figuring it's probably better even though my TH skill is at rock bottom. I buy some scrolls as well, leaving me quite poor. I go to Daron to try the donation thing again. Last time, I donated 200 gold and got nothing but 50 exp. I'm not sure if that was Daron or Zuris' guest in connection to that tip from the bartender at the harbor, though.. Anyways, this time I try donating 50 gold. Score! +5 HP!! That's amazing for such a little donation. Was it a lucky shot? I sleep and go visit him again for another donation. Yet another 5 HP! I'm tempted to stay in the city for a while and keep donating 50 GP until he reaches the limit of 1000, but.. It smells a little of the infinite money trick with forging in G1, even though this one is definitely not a bug or a glitch. Bah, I leave it for now. Those extra upgrades (be it strength or HP) would be very useful, though. It would probably be stupid of me to not go back for them later.

I go back to the "surprise boar" near Jack's lighthouse and freeze it with an ice block. Only 60 exp.. Can't be all that bad. I might survive a fair battle with one of them, I'm not sure. I really should get a better weapon first, though. The judge's staff seems much worse than the sword.. I really depend on the criticals, and those depend on how much training I have with the weapon type. Also, the reach isn't that much better, and it obviously feels sluggish. I hunt along the path to the right, grab the King's sorrel at the end and go down again, then up to Akil's farm. I decide that I need to see what Erol's packing before I leave for the VoM, and I'm guessing the bandits have the last old stone tablet.

I pull the bandits, run back and summon a skeleton behind a large stone. Then I grab my weapon and run past the skeleton, turning and defending myself. The skeleton kills all four bandits pretty easily. Nice! While I loot them, I hear more battle sounds behind me, and turn around to see the skeleton in a fight with the farmers! ****. The skeleton kills Randolph and two others. I somehow decide I need to dispatch the skeleton (it has almost no HP left) and hit it.. Majorly bad idea. I don't know why I thought my summons wouldn't hit me. I've probably been exposed to too many OTHER rpgs lately.. One hit from the skeleton takes more than half of my life. I block it, it steps back and I turn away to run. Only a few meters, and the time limit on the skeleton expires. I pull up my inventory and browse through it for food when suddenly, some farmer comes at me from behind and starts whacking me. In a slight panic and with one fourth of my health, I press Tab a little too enthusiastically when it doesn't answer at once, and end up closing and opening my inventory. I manage to press it once more and move my ass, running until I'm almost at the city again. One more hit, and I'd be dead. That was bullshit. Also, without Daron's HP bonus, I would ALSO have been dead. No fun at all.

I heal up and head for Erol, who I didn't remember the name of in some earlier part. I hand him the two last stone tablets and follow him to his home. Huh - HE lives in that hut? Then why does Buster hang out by it? Anyways, Erol has some mildly interesting things, particularly a +10 STR amulet, but I don't have the money for such right now. I also get the +1 STR reward from him.. That's pretty neat.

I'm still grumpy after the mess-up with the skeleton (by the way, there are still at least two bandits left, they just didn't follow me when I pulled some of them earlier), so I go sleep in the tavern and head for the pass, pausing in front of the door.

At this point, I'm really unsure about something. I'll ask about it below.

Level: 9
    Exp: 26.4k/27.5k
    Best weapon: Sword (OH, 40 dmg) / Judge's staff (TH, 50 dmg)
    Unused learning points: 0
    Strength: +12 (43)
    Skills: Take trophy (Bloodfly wings, bloodfly stingers, claws)
    Danger level (0<10): 10
    Because:
    Summoning and attacking a skeleton at level 9, then stopping to eat in a little trench covered by trees next to a farm full of aggravated farmers somehow turned out to be a bad idea. Pure luck I'm still here, I'm sorry to say.

Here are a couple of questions, I'd really like some opinions on this from anyone if you would be so kind:

1) Is it bad sportsmanship to go back to town and get all of Daron's / Innos' upgrades? I know it's not an exploit/bug, but is it "cheap"?

2) How about the shrines? Is it legit to use them as much as money will allow, or just occasionally without planning it, or what?

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Praying at those shrines does not spoil your gameplay value whatsoever.On the contrary,it actually gives you a rewarding feeling,because getting the stat that you are looking for (strength,for instance) can be random,so it's like winning.
    Oh,and praying to Daron has a limit.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59
    Adventurer

Bobstew ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    Praying at those shrines does not spoil your gameplay value whatsoever.On the contrary,it actually gives you a rewarding feeling,because getting the stat that you are looking for (strength,for instance) can be random,so it's like winning.
    Oh,and praying to Daron has a limit.
    I agree on those points, and yes, Daron only accepts a total of 1000 gold in normal G2, I reckon it is the same in NotR. The shrines are only limited by the amount of gold you have, though, as far as I know, and even getting all of Daron's rewards (which takes a little while) feels like "milking" him.. I dunno though. Thanks for your input.

I think, ideally, how you use your gold is up to you, you can spend it on shrines or save up for the weapons and armor you'll eventually get.. But doesn't it break the game when you're playing it as seriously as we are? You can get a shitload of money later in the game (or if you know the game well), and that can net you a whole bunch of STR/DEX/life/LP in the middle- and endgame.

Have other hardcore players used Daron fully and/or the shrines extensively?
    Geändert von Bobstew (18.07.2010 um 22:56 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60
    Drachentöter Avatar von Blubbler

Blubbler ist offline
    The shrines are only limited by the amount of gold you have, though, as far as I know
    not really

Have other hardcore players used Daron fully and/or the shrines extensively?
    Yes always to the limit.

Seite 3 von 21 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »