Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 5 von 11 « Erste 123456789 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 219
  1. #81 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    I could switch to 64bit on my new rig, but I bought the 'upgrade' version of Windows 7 and I kept my old hard drive from my old rig which had the 32bit version of Vista on it. So I'd have to shell out more dough for the full Windows 7 and reinstall from scratch. I think I'll wait until there is a driving reason to have a 64bit OS, or when I decide to buy a new hd.
    Aetherian ist offline

2. #82 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    Hi I found a game, looks like an indi title, still in development though, but worth looking at. The landscape is amazing to say the least.

http://www.wildgamestudio.com/
    Bruell ist offline

3. #83 Zitieren
    Bruell, if you like medieval rpg games you really should give Divinity II a try. It's made by Larian Studios, a small outfit like PB is and you can tell they poured a lot of love into this game. Also, you have lots of choices to make in the game, one very sobering one is when you meet 8 people on Sentinal Island, you will have to chose 4 of them to serve you at your battle tower, the ones you don't chose will be killed. The game is filled with content like that, not a mindless 'go from point A to point B, rinse and repeat' game like a certain recently released game is.

It does have a few glitches and bugs and rough around the edges in places, sort of like PB games are, but nothing game breaking. If I had to rate it I'd give it an 8.5, and it might go higher because I've heard the game has a great ending, one that is totally unexpected, which would be refreshing as well.
    Aetherian ist offline

4. #84 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von Osmosis Beitrag anzeigen
    Bruell, if you like medieval rpg games you really should give Divinity II a try. It's made by Larian Studios, a small outfit like PB is and you can tell they poured a lot of love into this game. Also, you have lots of choices to make in the game, one very sobering one is when you meet 8 people on Sentinal Island, you will have to chose 4 of them to serve you at your battle tower, the ones you don't chose will be killed. The game is filled with content like that, not a mindless 'go from point A to point B, rinse and repeat' game like a certain recently released game is.

It does have a few glitches and bugs and rough around the edges in places, sort of like PB games are, but nothing game breaking. If I had to rate it I'd give it an 8.5, and it might go higher because I've heard the game has a great ending, one that is totally unexpected, which would be refreshing as well.
    I found Divinity 2 to be pretty dull. The combat was annoying like hell, what with no one reacting at all to being hit, I mean, they just continue hitting like nothing even touched them. Graphically, Risen outperformed it by far (by very far, I should say), Kirill Pokrovsky (please correct the name if I'm wrong, I don't quite recall the right spelling) didn't measure up much against his own quality in Divine Divinity, Divinity 2 was too bright, much brighter than Divine Divinity. Also, the enemy reaction could be worked on. Why can't I attack ground units as a dragon? Or flying units as a human archer? The game just didn't suck me in. In my opinion, Divinity 1 was much, much better (despite sharing the combat system). The biggest issue I have with Divinity 1 is its pre-release name-change from Divinity: The Sword of Lies (which doesn't sound bad) to Divine Divinity (which just sounds plain silly).
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

5. #85 Zitieren
    I actually like the combat in Div2, learn the right skills and you can knock opponents on their ass. As for the color, I find it to be fairly dark and muted and not bright at all. Lots of brown in the color palette being used. For not being able to attack ground units as a dragon I would say that is a balancing issue, you would have an unfair advantage and would make things too easy for you. They might have been able to improve that somewhat, but at the cost of more development time which they probably couldn't afford. We'll see how their new addon due to be released soon fixes things.

I also found the quests to be a lot deeper and fun than Risen's, so many secret things to find if you look. Talk to and mindread everybody! I thought the dungeons in particular were very well done. And you can walk in the water and actually swim too!!!
    Aetherian ist offline Geändert von Aetherian (24.10.2010 um 19:26 Uhr)

6. #86 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    Zitat Zitat von Osmosis Beitrag anzeigen
    Bruell, if you like medieval rpg games you really should give Divinity II a try........
    Many thanks for the tip, I'm downloading the demo as I'm writing this reply.
    The Graphics are nice IMO, I think this game has what the PB games lack ever since G2, and that is interesting, believable architecture.
    I always keep saying, that PB should hire an architectural/ historical consultant or designer to breathe a bit more life into their Towns and buildings.
    Looking at Risen's Town walls, Towers and the Fortress, makes me feel like these guy's are stuck somewhere in a past computer age, where you had to over simplify Buildings in the style of Unreal engine 1.

Well this is my first impression anyway, haven't played the game just watched a You tube Video and the quests seem, as far as I followed, a bit more sophisticated then any in Risen.

Although I liked the picturesque Architecture in D2, I think their Towns are a bit to loosely knit and that there isn't much going on, but again, just a first impression.

Edit: Another thing that I find useful, not only for the person who plays the game, but also for the sake of the game it self is a character creator.
    That way as a developer you can create way more individual characters and fill the world with them instead of clones.
    I know the Nameless issue, a feature I could do without, I'd prefer to play my own created char. out of presets. All the Gothics, and now Risen. Is this concept really that great to hang on to ?
    Bruell ist offline Geändert von Bruell (24.10.2010 um 22:16 Uhr)

7. #87 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von RageGT
    Actually, there's a sweet little new game out there that I'm finding to be quite a good fun. As long as I don't expect much of it only because it has Gothic in the title.

It's more like a generic Dungeon Siege 1 with revamped graphics but still, a sweet little pass time game. Plus it has some NPC's that I wouldn't mind seeing again. Used to have a strong connection with some of them.
    RageGT ist offline

8. #88 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Anyone else looking forward to Two Worlds II?

It looks like an amazing exploration game.
    Powaz ist offline

9. #89 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    Zitat Zitat von RageGT Beitrag anzeigen
    Actually, there's a sweet little new game out there that ..... some NPC's that I wouldn't mind seeing again. Used to have a strong connection with some of them.
    I'll be playing that one maybe in 2 years, when it's for sale at 10 bucks or less.
    I really got annoyed about those invisible barriers.
    Bruell ist offline

10. #90 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von vic1968
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Anyone else looking forward to Two Worlds II?
    Yes, I'm waiting for this game.I must reckon that I liked a lot Two Worlds ( I ).
    vic1968 ist offline

11. #91 Zitieren
    Yeah it was a messy game, but I enjoyed playing it. Even if the writing was very bad, but the open world really drew me in.
    Powaz ist offline

12. #92 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von vic1968
    ...but the open world really drew me in.
    That was the best thing in TW for me too.Even if some reviewers said that TW is an "Oblivion on steroids", I'm pretty sure that the developers liked a lot Gothic.
    vic1968 ist offline

13. #93 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von Ayrin
    Yeah it was a messy game, but I enjoyed playing it. Even if the writing was very bad, but the open world really drew me in.
    Lies!!! Admit it u only played it for thy shiny lootz!!!

And u secretly hoped there will be a nude patch for the hero's sister
    Ayrin ist offline

14. #94 Zitieren
    hahaha, there is one?

Nah, that was not the case. I actually hated a lot of the loot. Some armour and weapon designs look horrible. But I'm really a sucker for vast, beautifully designed worlds, that have a lot of interesting things to learn and explore.
    Powaz ist offline

15. #95 Zitieren
    Einmalposter
    I loved TW. I picked the game up for 5 bucks and it had already been fully patched. The scale and exploration of the world was just great and I loved how all the creatures never re-spawned. (Faction system sucked ass though like the voice acting)

I set the game to hard immediately and got my ass kicked innumerable times, but hell it was still a lot of fun. I want to be scared in an RPG and reap great rewards for being gutsy...or bat shit crazy as it were.
    renegade765 ist offline

16. #96 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    TW has a bad review at IGN because it's not mainstream enough for the writer.
    Allegedly tons of Bugs and they were accused of stealing from Oblivion.
    So enough reason there for me to give it a try.
    Bruell ist offline

17. #97 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Bruell Beitrag anzeigen
    Many thanks for the tip, I'm downloading the demo as I'm writing this reply.
    The Graphics are nice IMO, I think this game has what the PB games lack ever since G2, and that is interesting, believable architecture.
    I always keep saying, that PB should hire an architectural/ historical consultant or designer to breathe a bit more life into their Towns and buildings.
    Looking at Risen's Town walls, Towers and the Fortress, makes me feel like these guy's are stuck somewhere in a past computer age, where you had to over simplify Buildings in the style of Unreal engine 1.

Well this is my first impression anyway, haven't played the game just watched a You tube Video and the quests seem, as far as I followed, a bit more sophisticated then any in Risen.

Although I liked the picturesque Architecture in D2, I think their Towns are a bit to loosely knit and that there isn't much going on, but again, just a first impression.

Edit: Another thing that I find useful, not only for the person who plays the game, but also for the sake of the game it self is a character creator.
    That way as a developer you can create way more individual characters and fill the world with them instead of clones.
    I know the Nameless issue, a feature I could do without, I'd prefer to play my own created char. out of presets. All the Gothics, and now Risen. Is this concept really that great to hang on to ?
    If you haven't made up your mind yet about Div 2, here's a link to their forums and see what people there are saying about it.
    Aetherian ist offline

18. #98 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SacredGamer
    What about Two Worlds II?
    SacredGamer ist offline

19. #99 Zitieren
    I guess TW2 is delayed coming to the U.S. until January. In the meantime I got Humanforce's Questpack 4.2 and the CM2.2 for G3 and going through that game again. For coming out as the lame duck of the series it sure hasn't turned out to be too bad a game at all, thanks to the community.
    Aetherian ist offline

20. #100 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Two worlds 2 doesn't impress.

Two worlds II Impressions

Voices go from being okay to quite terrible, although not as bad as the witch in Arcania. Voices are manageable though, and I'll give it a + for actually having full voices (including main character).
    Most of the dialouge however, is quite bad. You rarely have dialouge choices, and you can not ask people for various stuff. Example, if you've finished a quest and talk to the npc who gave you the quest, you will immediately start a dialouge about the quest.

I haven't played very much, but the stories (main story / additional quests) are very bad. The problem is that they're so nonbelievable and unrealistic.
    You're on a quest to get food supplies for a town, and must try to ask for food from another town. The guy in charge there refuses. However there's a horse race coming up, where the winner will decide who will lead the town.
    In other words: you must win a horse race, so you can replace the town's leadership, where this new leadership will give food to the other town. Logical?
    They do get a + for having cutscenes though.

Combat is flawed. I've tried melee, and I'm not sure how reviews don't mention this, while reviews complain about the "terrible combat" in PB games. Animation may look okay, but you quickly grow tired of them, and what's left is a button smashing game. There's no real block in the game, what it does is just reduce dmg taken. I levelled up this "blocking", and retribution (attack while blocking). In combat, I hold rmb (block), and spam lmb (retribution). I rarely get hit, and when I do take dmg, that's very little. With this tactic, I can easily take foes that normally kills me in 1-2 hits, while I require 20 hits to take them.
    The combat is very unbalanced, and button smashing tactics seems to be favored.
    Combat video: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=two+worlds+2+combat&aq=f

Controls are adapted to the console, and I personally can't stand them. In Oblivion and PB games the camera is always behind you (except combat in G3). Movement is similar to that of shooters, with the only exception that you can have camera behind character, giving a better view. This in my opinion, is much more satisfactory, and there's a reason shooters use this kind of control movement. It puts you in direct control of the character you're controlling.
    In two worlds II it is the consolish style, where you always move forwards, and the direction you tap turn your character in that direction.
    It's very clunky if you are positioning yourself at a certain location, looking in a certain direction. This is usually not that important, but it's the feel that matters, and I don't like this feel. A game I can think of that did this type of control very well is Zelda. Controls are smooth, but when you go into combat, you have to lock on feature, which works very well. However this is on console. On a pc with mouse and keyboard, the shooter setup is in my opinion far superior. Deciding which guy to attack in two worlds II can be difficult, as the game chooses it for you, and this might be frustrating at some times. It's alot worse than what Risen has.

Graphics are techincally good, but the world is dull and generic looking. Far away stuff is also blurred when you run, or you're in combat. However far away is not so far away, and it's quite exaggerated, giving you the feeling that you have really bad eyesight.

Character development gives a good feeling of progression, and being able to develop how you want, while still not being boringly complext. In that regard it is good. However, I'm not so fond of the huge differences, where you very quickly outgrow other enemies. Of course this helps the bad balance, as a much stronger enemy would kill you instantly, while you very likely can't even do any dmg.

They have a lockpicking minigame, and this I like quite well.
    Lockpicking (hard lock) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yul6Ae0lIs

I played the start, and a little in the savannah. Got bored, and realised I had Nehrim installed, but never got to properly try it out. Now I'm playing Nehrim and that does impress.

Nehrim
    [Bild: pic43.jpg]

It's a quite newly released oblivion mod. It's more like a new game, using same resources and engine.
    New world, new story, altered levelling system (now with xp) etc + a professional voice team (german)
    and it has quite good music. It's released with english subs, download: LINK
    Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zmeYRxwngM

Played through the beginning stage. I'm quite impressed, but it was a bit scary though (the underground part)
    The few quests I've done, have been interesting. They don't take an hour like the Oblivion quests did (often having to kill your way through many dungeons for every small quest), but have been much shorter, and a bit more diverse than kill those, and get that.
    The world is very beautiful, with a handcrafted look, and especially the decorating of the dungeons is among the best I've seen.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

Seite 5 von 11 « Erste 123456789 ... Letzte »