Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 2 von 11 « Erste 1234569 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 219
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Downloads for Nehrim

The English version of Nehrim will be released in July or August.
    Yey

How is the game? They say only 60 quests...

EDIT: On the second thought, i don't think G1 had more...
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    How is the game? They say only 60 quests...
    From what I can tell so far - very good. At some scenes even I made:

The description: "Gothic ported to Oblivion" seems fitting. The only problem are the crashes. The game has annoyingly frequent CTDs. But I suppose that not the fault of the modders. It's a problem of the underlying engine.

And the quests are mostly quality instead of quantity.
    foobar ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    Abenteurerin Avatar von Äquinoktium
    Does it work for the raw original Oblivion or do you need all the expansions? Oblivion mods > expansions.
    Will I ever find my place in the sun? Far away... I could be happy then. Far away... I'll find Jerusalem. Far away from home.
    Äquinoktium ist offline

4. #24 Zitieren

It requires only vanilla Oblivion with the most recent patches. Knights of the Nine or Shivering Isles can be installed but are not necessary.

Other mods (except texture replacements) cannot be used with Nehrim because it comes with its own master file. But it is possible to make your own mods for Nehrim, so you could just make your own ESP with the meshes and textures from your favourite Oblivion mod.
    foobar ist offline

5. #25 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    It requires only vanilla Oblivion with the most recent patches. Knights of the Nine or Shivering Isles can be installed but are not necessary.

Other mods (except texture replacements) cannot be used with Nehrim because it comes with its own master file. But it is possible to make your own mods for Nehrim, so you could just make your own ESP with the meshes and textures from your favourite Oblivion mod.
    Considering it's hand designed I think changing the textures to something in an old mod might not be fitting. I want to play it how they intended it to be.
    Didn't they say they had about 50 professional voice actors for Nehrim?
    That easily outbeats Risen.

Here's a subbed version of the releasetrailer: Link(Youtube)
    That trailer is really good, showing off what seems to be an intelligent and less generic story than what we usually see, and some incredible landscapes.
    I never though german was this awesome before watching the trailer. I should learn german
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

6. #26 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von AndalayBay
    Are you guys running with the latest patches? SureAI has released three patches for Nehrim already. I managed to get as far as the abbey, but couldn't keep up (I only speak/read minimal German), so I've put it aside until the English version comes out. It was a lot of fun for as far as I got.

In you're having lots of crashes, you might want to look at your audio codecs. I'm in the process of tracking down some issues myself and it looks like Intervideo and Nero codecs cause a lot of issues for Oblivion. I also got a suggestion from someone that hardware acceleration is an issue too, but that's not confirmed. Lastly Oblivion won't be happy in SLI or Crossfire mode. I can usually run vanilla that way, but heavily modded Oblivion usually tanks. Mind you none of the other mods are anywhere near the quality of Nehrim... You can tell that was professionally written as well as acted.
    AndalayBay ist offline

7. #27 Zitieren

Tried most of that, did not work. I don't have any codec packs or Nero stuff installed anyway (for exactly that reason - they tend to cause such problems). Neither do I have a SLI/CF card.

Most crashes occured when I ran through world without pause. If I stopped every few metres and waited a second or three, I could avoid many crashes. So I guessed that probably the rich and detailed world of Nehrim is too much to load for Oblivion. If you enter an area where critical parts are not loaded yet, you face a crash. Based on that assumption, I raised the cell buffer and the preload size limit significantly in the Oblivion.ini. This was supposed to give Oblivion more time and resources to preload areas. I also raised the GridsToLoad setting but only slightly (I did not want to completely eat up the leeway that the other tweaks were supposed to give me).

And indeed, most of the every-five-minute-crashes were gone afterwards. It still bails out every now and then but that does not seem to be loading related. They're still annoying but at least it's somewhat playable now. Just don't forget to save often!
    foobar ist offline

8. #28 Zitieren
    I agree with you there. Nehrim does actually include some other mods (in the credits section of the readme) and iirc, I think some of them were distant textures, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are stressing the engine just a tad Even the Nehrim team says that you should save frequently...

They give credit to Qarl (misspelt in readme), so if they've loaded his texture packs then that would be quite a load...
    AndalayBay ist offline

9. #29 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von mihail
    Zitat Zitat von NatDis Beitrag anzeigen
    It seems that Germans have the best ideas for RPGs and also have a knack for modding most games, especially large mods. There's Community Civ 5 for Civilization 4 which was started by a German mod team who did most of the work and only put it CivFanatics.com later on after which many modders from other nations participated in it. But the main modders and the Project leader are from Germany. I'll check Nehrim out too - especially if they make the HDR more respectable.
    I agree , the german s are the best in making rpg s and cars and so on......for a sugestion i would say two woarlds is a good game , its open land , you can explore allot and if you did play it than TW2 is schegiuald for sept 2010
    mihail ist offline

10. #30 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    You know, I did not like the screenshots of Two Worlds 2. The metal seem to be two matte and shiny.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

11. #31 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von NatDis Beitrag anzeigen
    You know, I did not like the screenshots of Two Worlds 2.
    Me too. But not because of the metal. The level design itself seemed a little sterile to me. It lacks the organic, lively character that you have in PB games for example.
    foobar ist offline

12. #32 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Another thing was the lack of shadows by torchlight and many other sources of light - as G3, NWN2 and Risen have proved - shadows contribute a lot to the atmosphere.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren
    And I'm afraid TW has the worst voice acting in history - at least the English version did. I read somewhere that the German version was better. Also a warning: your character will complain every single time it rains, which is often He actually started to sing "It's raining, it's pouring, the old man..." in a horrid monotone!

Risen is a much richer world with better battle mechanics, but if you can get TW cheap, then try it - it will give you a new appreciation for Risen!

BTW: I'm referring to Two Worlds 1 not 2. I bought 1 to get some background for TW 2. I'm afraid all it did was convince me not to get TW 2...

And I just thought of a suggestion: Fahrenheit (or Indigo Prophecy for the American version). It's not really an RPG, probably more like an action adventure, but it has a good story and the game adapts to various choices you make while playing. You will need nimble fingers though. There are action sequences that require some button mashing to play out, but once I got my keyboard configured so it was comfortable, I found them easier than the end-game for Risen. There is a sex scene which was cut out of the American version and that's the difference between the two. I had originally got the NA version, but when the European version became available as a digital download, I bought that and it was a lot of fun. This was produced by Quantic Dream and they have a new one out called Heavy Rain that's only available on the PS3. I intend to buy a PS3 just for that game - it's that good.
    AndalayBay ist offline Geändert von AndalayBay (01.07.2010 um 09:11 Uhr)

14. #34 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    I started playing Nerim, until my brand new laptop crashed an I had to return it for an exchange. Now having to install all the games again I haven't gotten around to this one yet but will today. My first impression was good, although it's hard to say weather it was the laptop or the game causing the trouble, definitely the laptop had serious issues to say the least.

I installed G3 yesterday, now I can play it in HD, wow, with the new CP 1.74 it now works on my ATI graphic board. Interesting thing here is that despite the redundant power of my machine there are still the reloading lags, I think this title will never run no matter what hardware you throw at it.
    I'm strongly for a remake of all the Gothic games with additional quests and features. These Gothic games are to good to be left as a bad computer game memory and deserve a decent framework in a state of the art graphic.

Anyway, just wanted to add my thoughts on G3 to the "waiting for the next PB game".
    Bruell ist offline

15. #35 Zitieren
    Ranger
    meh nehrim was boring. I didn't like the storyline or the atmosphere.

You should try The Witcher.
    Kirov Class ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Kirov Class Beitrag anzeigen
    You should try The Witcher.
    Which is slightly above average at best, in my opinion. Some grave mistakes in the writing, uninteresting combat system and a few questionable gamedesign choices. The atmosphere and setting are good, though. Graphics are sufficient for a RPG.
    foobar ist offline

17. #37 Zitieren
    Ranger
    I didn't like how they tried to mix pseudo-science into the game but otherwise I think it was pretty good. I Don't remember any issue with the storyline (though it was a while ago I may have forgot).
    Kirov Class ist offline

18. #38 Zitieren

Well, I remember a few problems.

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

You are in Wyzima and slowly uncover the secret behind the forged decrees of the king. A conspiracy that might have grave consequences for the kingdom and the neighbouring countries. A grand scale scheme that affects the lives of thousands of people. After a while, it all becomes clear, the tension is rising, you confront the person behind the conspiracy and then... *poof*... Triss interferes and teleports you to some backwater town where you're stuck helping the local yokels with their boring little problems.

After that dramaturgical deep hit, I had to put the game away for a few months before I could continue beyond that point in a second attempt. I always use this as an example of how not to make a plot twist. You don't smash the arc of suspense with a sledgehammer. Twists in the plot are supposed to keep or even raise the tension, not to destroy it.

Furthermore, I think the storyline is too intricate. Or, from another point of view, the writers failed to emphasize the golden thread, the unifying theme, as it was necessary for a complex story such as this. When I finished the game, I thought: "Ok, nice game. But what was that all about now?".

And then there were the loading zones and the annoyingly often presented loading screens. As a user in the German forum described it: Enter house -> loading screen -> get quest -> leave house -> loading screen -> leave city -> loading screen -> go to swamp -> loading screen -> enter house -> loading screen -> do job -> leave house -> loading screen -> leave swamp -> loading screen -> enter city -> loading screen -> enter house -> loading screen -> complete quest.

If you have to make loading zones for whatever reason, you should design the quests accordingly.
    foobar ist offline

19. #39 Zitieren
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    And then there were the loading zones
    That and obstacles. The smallest picket fence stopped the hero, who could jump pretty high in the air but apparently wished to do so only in combat.

But overall I was pleased with the Witcher.
    Larisa ist offline

20. #40 Zitieren
    Ranger
    was a wile since I played it, but:
    When the witcher got teleported, he was about 2 get shot by 20 alabasters or something so triss saved him. I don't think the problems in that village were insignificant though. I think those problems were perfect, since the witcher was supposed to be a monster-killer.

The plot, and what I liked about it:
    1. That the grandmaster was probably the little kid, who the wither protected. It was some time travel stuff. Kind of kinky and unexpected. I think the point of the story was the usual save-the-kingdom cliché kind of thing, but it had some fun twists imo. It was certainly not perfect, but had some cool parts.
    2. Those ghosts loved 'em. I think it was really epic, especially on the end. Also I believe they are famous from medieval central European and Eastern European lore, which makes it even more interesting.
    3. That order knight you constantly meet. I really liked him, but since I took the neutral path I killed him in chapter 5 (I also killed that elf, leader of the non-humans).

What annoyed me:

was the authors adding some pseudo-science, and I really disliked parts of the lore imho.

overall I think the game was good, and deserved 8/10. Gothic 2 10/10 of course (with or without NoTR), Risen also 8/10.
    Kirov Class ist offline Geändert von Kirov Class (20.07.2010 um 22:23 Uhr)

Seite 2 von 11 « Erste 1234569 ... Letzte »