Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 11 von 11 « Erste ... 47891011
Ergebnis 201 bis 219 von 219
  1. #201 Zitieren
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa
    Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    Is the story of Nehrim really good? I'm planning to give it a shot.
    Better than Obliv. Better quests. Better level design. Better dungeons (at least for the main quest). But when I played it there were still many things untranslated to En, multiple unique locations that weren't available for exploration, many npcs (the undescript ones) that repeat the same lines (kinda like in Obliv).
    Larisa ist offline

2. #202 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von Zintair
    Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    Is the story of Nehrim really good? I'm planning to give it a shot.
    Well the story is decent. Where the story shines is in the reasoning for the quests and problems the NPCs face.

Currently Im lvl 15 with just over 40 hours played. So far not one quest has asked me to do some obscure BS like pick up 15 grains of wheat or slay 5 boars.

Every quest usually requires some thought from the user and there are some decision making quests that can change various things in the game. An example would be the Dying sheep/Cave tuber quest.

There is even a city that has Magical prohibition and if you cast a spell you get rolled on by the guards which I thought was neat.

I also noted that the characters have MUCH more in depth personalities. After talking with them for a little you pick up how they feel about you and what they think of themselves
    Zintair ist offline

3. #203 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SacredGamer
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    I did, a nice little light-weight action-RPG. Not on the level of the Gothics, but beats easily the Arcania nonsense.
    I've been playing it very recently.
    After it had been sitting there for months of not being played.
    I neglected this little jem, I'm totally loving it. [Even on console!!]
    That reminds me I need to get back to it, not played in a few weeks now, I'm near the end so hopefully will finish it up by the weekend.
    SacredGamer ist offline

4. #204 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    Just beat Mass Effect 2. Very nice. Now I have to decide what game I will play now.....
    Aetherian ist offline

5. #205 Zitieren
    banned
    Zitat Zitat von Aetherian Beitrag anzeigen
    Just beat Mass Effect 2. Very nice. Now I have to decide what game I will play now.....
    Try KotOR if you're a fan of Star Wars. If you liked Mass Effect, you'll surely like KotOR too.
    Assassin of Kings ist offline

6. #206 Zitieren
    Thanks for the tip, I've heard of KotOR but know nothing of what the game is about. I'll google it up.

Edit - Ah, it's an acronym for Knights of the Old Republic. Star Wars......might give it a try.
    Aetherian ist offline Geändert von Aetherian (14.05.2011 um 20:56 Uhr)

7. #207 Zitieren
    banned
    The game takes place before the events in the film, back when the Jedi Order was vast and powerful. The storyline is very good, comparable to the one in the movie, so you get the picture, it's worth a try.
    Assassin of Kings ist offline

8. #208 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SacredGamer
    Beat Venetica last night.
    Neat game but theres room for a lot of improvement.
    SacredGamer ist offline

9. #209 Zitieren
    RageGT ist offline

10. #210 Zitieren
    Playing G2 NotR again. Found a retexture mod for it by a guy (Vurt) who mods for Skyrim lately, and decided to go through the game once again as I'm finally getting tired of Skyrim.
    Aetherian ist offline

11. #211 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo
    In a few months Gearbox and Arkane are hopefully gonna show PB how it's done (developing sequels and new franchises, that is).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7qO_wpfvk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1HlYTukh9A
    Bastardo ist offline

12. #212 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von nirolF
    Anyone played Dark souls? I tried at a friend the pc port. It's a little unpleasant to play with a mouse but the combat is by far the best i've seen in a game. I like it even more than the one from mount and blade. It combines "realism" and fun and is just a joy to play with it. The graphics are also very good and there are some amazing bosses and minibosses fights.
    And is quite a hard game to play. I thought that this kind of game are no longer made. Even after you buff out your character, you still have to be careful at any encounter with the low level enemies, as they they can tear you up in an instance. You must learn how to deal with every kind of enemy.
    You die a lot and the checkpoint system is very clever done. There is no tutorial, no one taking your hand and teaching you what to do. You have to explore, read, pay attention to what is happening and try by yourself everything.
    It lacks on the dialogues part as NPC interaction is minimal. There are no real quests to do from what i've seen so far, just a branching main quest, but you are free to go anywhere as long as you can deal with the enemies.
    nirolF ist offline

13. #213 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus
    Zitat Zitat von nirolF Beitrag anzeigen
    I thought that this kind of game are no longer made.
    They aren't.
    Ariogaisus ist offline

14. #214 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Anyone know of a good, objective review of Venetica? (Or just post indepth about the good or bad)
    Me on end-of-semester vacation till the 6th of Jan and I can't think of anything to play.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

15. #215 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    objective review
    There's no such thing.

I however thought the game to be fun.

BTW: If anyone is interested in a real pirate RPG, I suggest to take a look at "Dark Waters". And I do not mean the Risen 2 subtitle but the Mod for NWN2 by Adam Miller, which predates R2.

You really have everything there: You can navigate your own ship over the ocean, become a pirate (by committing acts of piracy and not just by being told: "You're it!"), a pirate hunter or make your money as an honest merchant. There are firearms, full-blown dungeons, psionic combat, minigames, humour, love, revenge, treason, different islands to explore (including an isle of the dead), naval battles, parrots, hidden treasures, ingame music by real bands and much more. All of this takes place in an original world by the author's design which unfolds as you play. And you even get an interesting story to go with.

The only negative aspect is the somewhat technologically rough execution as the author was forced to limit himself to creative use of the abilities of the NWN2 engine. Other than that, this free mod is a much better pirate game than the triple-A production by DS and PB.
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (10.12.2012 um 19:09 Uhr) Grund: typo

16. #216 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    What a coincidence, I actually have NWN2 installed on my laptop!

Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    There's no such thing.
    Some reviews are more objective than others.
    Usually some of the reviews that don't appear with a week or so of release.

But okay, I'll try it out. I hear there's a demo floating around.
    Nisarg ist offline

17. #217 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Tried the demo, decided it was good enough. Even though half the time I was buried in a German->English dictionary.

Anyone know if I can have the full version with German VO and English subtitles? I looked at a gameplay video to get an idea about the English VO and it just sucks compared to the German VO.
    Nisarg ist offline

18. #218 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    Anyone know if I can have the full version with German VO and English subtitles? I looked at a gameplay video to get an idea about the English VO and it just sucks compared to the German VO.
    You might want to look into the settings.ini in the installation directory:

Code:
    // the in game language (text display)
    game_language_text = german
    // the in game language (spoken voices)
    game_language_voice = german
    Don’t know whether it will or not though.
    foobar ist offline

19. #219 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    You might want to look into the settings.ini in the installation directory:

Code:
    // the in game language (text display)
    game_language_text = german
    // the in game language (spoken voices)
    game_language_voice = german
    Don’t know whether it will or not though.
    I don't have a speech-german.fsb, I only have a speech-english.fsb. So I can't just change game_language_voice to german. Don't tell me that the English version is supposed to include the speech-german.fsb!

I guess I'll have to rely on certain unmentionable methods to get speech-german.fsb...

The main problem I have with the English VO is that the heroine sounds somewhat nasal, instead of the more confident German voice.
    Nisarg ist offline

Seite 11 von 11 « Erste ... 47891011