Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 7 von 14 « Erste ... 34567891011 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 121 bis 140 von 272
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #121
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    I wounder why doesn't JW release the G2G code, I mean no one would buy it
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #122
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Wait, I don't think that there were too many changes in the engine between G3 and FG. All I noticed was HDR and some claims of Volumetric lighting.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

3. Beiträge anzeigen #123
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I wounder why doesn't JW release the G2G code, I mean no one would buy it
    How common is it for publishers to release the source code of their games? Not very is the answer; it's just the established way of how things work, and it would be surprising if a mid-tier publisher like JoWood would be the one to try to break the convention. Also, G2G is still available for sale as a download (Steam, GoG) for a budget price, and as part of the Gothic Universe box, so I do think it is a seller still.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #124
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    How common is it for publishers to release the source code of their games? Not very is the answer; it's just the established way of how things work, and it would be surprising if a mid-tier publisher like JoWood would be the one to try to break the convention. Also, G2G is still available for sale as a download (Steam, GoG) for a budget price, and as part of the Gothic Universe box, so I do think it is a seller still.
    Releasing the code does not make a game freeware.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #125

Hellbilly ist offline
    I didn't say it does, I merely responded to the points you brought up in your post. But releasing the code to the public for free would mean the game would become available for free; you have the full code -> you compile it -> you have the game, free and legal. Including a clause forbidding to compile the game would defeat the purpose of releasing the source code, and it'd be unrealistic to presume people would obey.

Besides; does JoWood own the rights to the engine & source code, or just the game eg. the product?
    Geändert von Hellbilly (22.06.2010 um 06:42 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #126
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    I didn't say it does, I merely responded to the points you brought up in your post. But releasing the code to the public for free would mean the game would become available for free; you have the full code -> you compile it -> you have the game, free and legal. Including a clause forbidding to compile the game would defeat the purpose of releasing the source code, and it'd be unrealistic to presume people would obey.

Besides; does JoWood own the rights to the engine & source code, or just the game eg. the product?
    I don't think anyone interested in free games would prefer compiling instead of downloading. But the source code refers to the engine and game mechanics, not to content, so giving away the source code would still not be the full game.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #127

Hellbilly ist offline
    That's a question of definition; engine source code or game source code... game source code would include the game content as well, and as you mentioned specifically G2G, it is not unjustified to assume you mean the game source code. But yes, the engine source code would of course be nice... but again, such are relatively rarely released into the public domain, and a mid-tier publisher like JoWood are unlikely to try to break the established way.

And the question still remains, does JoWood even own the rights to the engine? The main of it was written for G1, which was well before JoWood was involved with the game, although they apparently have bought the distribution rights to it since then.
    Geändert von Hellbilly (22.06.2010 um 07:10 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #128
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    What if they give the source code with every sold copy? Claiming it would mean giving the game for free would mean that someone would think to corsair only the source code, which is stupid.

Let's wait till the right return to PB, maybe then it will be legally easier.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #129

Hellbilly ist offline
    You need to distinguish between the rights to the franchise Gothic and the individual games; PB will probably never regain the rights to Gothic 2 lest they purchase them back, like they apparently did at one point with Gothic 1 when they were selling the download directly from their website.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #130
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    PB published source codes and raw data of Gothic and Gothic II NotR games in a structure of GMDK and G2MDK, but source codes of the ZenGin game engine there are not present. Perhaps, they don't have rights to its publication since ZenGin creators (Dieter Hildebrandt, Ulf Wohlers and Bert Speckels) have left the team after Gothic release.

P.S.:
    I remember that some years ago a group of mod makers from the ex-USSR some times tried to receive from PB source codes of ZenGin engine at least for closed usage (for example to write the toolkit giving more abilities than standard MDK), but in the answers received only various excuses. I think that for mod makers from other countries there was the same, differently one teams wouldn't began to decompile ZenGin binary code, second guys tried to make code injections into executable files (G2Ext), and the third make their mods on the free engines like OGRE.
    Geändert von Dimus (23.06.2010 um 08:25 Uhr) Grund: P.S.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #131
    Rookie

molnibalage ist offline
    I do not want to open a new topic. I'm not familar here, therefore I post here my questions and some of my idea.s Likey they can't be done in any Gothic, I post just for shownig a concept. Maybe somebody can use it...

Even the amazing graphic and feautres of Gothic series there are things that I still don't understand.

- Why is so primitive the magic and magic feature? (I will talk about in a different post.)
    - Why is so primitive calculating the combat damage? (IMHO this is more serious because there are only a very few enemy who uses magic and if you are a player you can play as a warrior.)

What is the problem? The strenght is too weighted in combat damage, the damage of your weapon is literally unimportant. If your strenght is about 300-400 in Gothic3, and you are master of any weapon between the damage the best and an average weapon is very, very small. (For. ex Sword of innos and a Katana or Bastard Sword.) For weapon selection the damage is not an important thing, olny the length of weapon and its fighting style are important.

How can be ugrade? Here comes a list with some notes.

1. I know that they likely can't be done, but maybe later or in another project. Who knows...?
    2. The variables and constant in equations are just examples, you have to know the HP and other statistics of enemies and monsters and of course the aromors should be also tweaked as weapons.

- Bring back the critical damage, but not as serious as was in Gothic 2. In that game not only strenght was too weighted but the critical hit too. Without critical hit an killing a single orc required many, many hits but at the end of the game one hit = one dead or was possible quite easily.

- Different weapons should get different chance for critical damage. For ex. two handed large axe should be get bigger as a tweo handed stick and a one handed bastard sword shoud get differnt as a small kinfe. Also sould be consider that all weapon should get a maximum critical value. This means the a weapon gives you a ceratin % bonus to critical hit but if you use it an X chance is the max. even if you have more bonus. If we have this it won't happen the a LVL60 character makes a critial hit on a dragon on a fully armoder enemy with a single stick or knife...

- Maybe the level of character can have small effect of critical chance.

- Different armors have to be resisted to critical chance as resist differently against weapons.

- Combat skills should be counted too for calculating the critical hit.

- (Maybe forget the linear and simple modeling...)

--------------------------------------------------------------
    chance of critical hit [%] = weapon critical hit chance [%] + weapon skill chance [%] + (charater level / 5) [%] + attack mode chance [%] - armor modifier.

One more note to this simple equation. The armor modifier should be subtracted after the critical chance has reached the max. For. ex. if a kinfe has maximum 15% hit chance but form skills + weapon hit chance value + level is bigger than 15% the result will be 15% THEN the armor resistance will be counted. ---> With small weapons against hard armor the critical hit is not possible.

Attack mode chance determines the result if you use quick, normal or strong attack. If you use quick, the critical hit should be forbidden, +0% for normal and XY% if you use the strong attack (this can be weapon specified for really huge and sharp or magical weapons).

total damage = natural damage + critical damage

natural damage = (weapon damage + (A*strenght/3)
    critical damage = C1 * C2 * (weapon damage + (strenght/3))

A - Should be 0, 0.15, és 0.3 on I, II and III weapon skill levels. Your skill should be counted but not as serious.

C1 - Crititcal hit modifier. Should be 1.0, 1.25 és 1.5 on II and III weapon skill levels

C2 - 1+(charater level / (5*100)) -> On level 60th means 1.12 modifier.

As I have said numbers are just came from my mind but if you examine the result of my "guessig" with different setting and variables and set well the max. critical for many weapon you can find how fun ce be combat.

1. You have to use different weapons against differert enemies and monsters. They can be protected against different weapons.

2. Not only the style and lenght of weapon should be considered. IMHO most of weapons are useless in Gothic 3 or is it not worth to get them. Bastard sword is a long weapon with fine damage. Strength is important, you can forget all other one handed weapon. What about two handed weapons? The most longest weapons are the spear and some orc wepaons. An orc slayer axe or other axe can have slight bigger damage, but who cares if they are slow and short weapons? If you use my method and set the cirical hit values you can select what is important for you. Bigger risk of close combat but bigger damage or a longer pole weapon with smaller damage. Ect.

What do you think?
    Geändert von molnibalage (23.06.2010 um 16:28 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #132
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Hello all! I have a problem - I have installed this newest CP and it seems that my Hungarian version finally got the font in the English version. But the brainy guy who thought of this didn't realise that many special letters don't display properly. (Just to clarify, I'm talking about the font that's used to display characters' names above their heads.) The old font used to be a simple Times New Roman (I think), which displayed everything correctly.How can I reverse this change?

13. Beiträge anzeigen #133
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Alwin Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello all! I have a problem - I have installed this newest CP and it seems that my Hungarian version finally got the font in the English version. But the brainy guy who thought of this didn't realise that many special letters don't display properly. (Just to clarify, I'm talking about the font that's used to display characters' names above their heads.) The old font used to be a simple Times New Roman (I think), which displayed everything correctly.How can I reverse this change?
    If the old font works fine then you should use it. Atm there is no other quick solution.
    I'll give it to our programer.

Could you make screenshots with the new font error and old font and upload it here?

14. Beiträge anzeigen #134
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RoiDanton Beitrag anzeigen
    If the old font works fine then you should use it. Atm there is no other quick solution.
    I'll give it to our programer.

Could you make screenshots with the new font error and old font and upload it here?
    Erm... here's the problem, I don't know how to switch back to the old font.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #135
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Try to search for original font on the Gothic 3 DVD. If you can't find this font on the DVD, you should reinstall game and before CP 1.74 installation make a backup copy of file Gothic3.ttf.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #136
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Replace the gothic3.ttf with the one from the original installation (in the g3 folder, need not look much for it). Reinstall the game, backup the font, install the patch and then replace the file. Or try an english installation with this font and you will see incredible performance boost.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #137
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Thanks, I figured it out. Maladiq - this may be a problem for the English game owners but my original font was, as it turned out, a simple Arial, and I certainly don't see any bad performance because of it. Besides, the one you suggested is exactly like the one installed by CP 1.74 - the special letters don't work. Oh, and to whoever asked, I'll provide screenies later.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #138
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    Thanks, I figured it out. Maladiq - this may be a problem for the English game owners but my original font was, as it turned out, a simple Arial, and I certainly don't see any bad performance because of it. Besides, the one you suggested is exactly like the one installed by CP 1.74 - the special letters don't work. Oh, and to whoever asked, I'll provide screenies later.
    Could you upload the original font which works for you? Then we can see whether it's different or not.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #139
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Someone should update your site.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #140
    Just arrived

Drizzt56 ist offline
    Hi,

I love this game and I wish to wait for the very last patch to play my last game.

So, what will be the last patch you will release ?

Thanks a lot for this work

Seite 7 von 14 « Erste ... 34567891011 ... Letzte »