Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 11 von 14 « Erste ... 47891011121314 Letzte »
Ergebnis 201 bis 220 von 272
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #201
    Neuling

fumoporro ist offline
    Hi, i love your patch guys, i wanted to replay Gothic with this new features, but im missing the Shadows ingame, making it look kinda unrealistic

I read about CP 1.74 solved that problem on Radeon 4000 series users, but i still missing em. My rig is C2D 3,2 Ghz, 2GB RAM DDR2 and Radeon 4870 512MB. There is something i should do to make em appear?? Thnx in advance

I attach a screenshot to make sure u see it.

These are the graphic options (in spanish sorry, but they are all maxed):
    [Bild: Gothic32010-10-3019-44-59-76.jpg]

And this is how it looks ingame:
    [Bild: Gothic32010-10-3019-48-09-03.jpg]
    Geändert von fumoporro (30.10.2010 um 19:52 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #202
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von fumoporro Beitrag anzeigen
    I read about CP 1.74 solved that problem on Radeon 4000 series users, but i still missing em.
    The workaround for the sahadow problem can't be activated over the ingame menus. It is an option during installation.
    But you can activate it now by editing the file "ge3.ini" in the ini folder of the Gothic 3 installation folder.
    Search for the key word "workaround". You'll find the following text and have to change the settings like this:
    Code:
    ; Shadows
    ;ATI/AMD shadows issue workaround
    ;Use it as long as ATI/AMD fix there drivers!
    ;>DO NOT CHANGE< this until you have any other issues with shadows. Warning performance isses!
    ;Render.DisableHWShadowMap - false=default, true=disable hardware shadow mappping support
    Render.DisableHWShadowMap=true

3. Beiträge anzeigen #203
    Neuling

fumoporro ist offline
    Many thanks sir, that solved my problem. Im so stupid on how i could skip that step on the installation of this patch.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #204
    Lehrling

UglyUser ist offline
    Hallo!

I have a problem. I beg you to help me please.
    I was trying to use cheats in g3 but the console does not showes up!

I have set testmode=true in ge3.ini file but still can't to get the console to enter cheats.

PLEASE HELP ME!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #205
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von UglyUser Beitrag anzeigen
    Hallo!

I have a problem. I beg you to help me please.
    I was trying to use cheats in g3 but the console does not showes up!

I have set testmode=true in ge3.ini file but still can't to get the console to enter cheats.

PLEASE HELP ME!
    Welcome to the forum!

You're pressing a tilde (~) key but nothing happens? Try to open console via alternative key combination: left Shift - right Shift - Home (last key shouldn't be located in the numeric pad!)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #206
    Lehrling

UglyUser ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    Welcome to the forum!

You're pressing a tilde (~) key but nothing happens? Try to open console via alternative key combination: left Shift - right Shift - Home (last key shouldn't be located in the numeric pad!)
    Hi!

Solved -

http://support.msi.eu/faq/index.php?...=62&artlang=en

7. Beiträge anzeigen #207
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Of course, you may uninstall IR device driver which blocks tilde key usage. But why you can do it if you can use in game an alternative key combination?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #208
    Lehrling

UglyUser ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    Of course, you may uninstall IR device driver which blocks tilde key usage. But why you can do it if you can use in game an alternative key combination?
    Ah, I just found that answer earlier. Thanks anyway.
    Besides I have some other games to play
    Geändert von UglyUser (07.01.2011 um 15:44 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #209
    Rookie

telesien ist offline

Community Patch Bug

Hi, I just downloaded the community patch 1.73 for Gothic 3 and I can't get it running. When I launch the game I see just the menu without anything written. I can click to make window pop-up with 2 boxes, but still with nothing written in them.

I have a clean installation of english Gothic 3, Windows 7 and NVidia GeForce GT 240M

Any help would be great, because I would finally like to enjoy this game.

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #210
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    sorry i can't help because i don't understand why it happens but i curious, why don't you download patch 1.74 which even better? maybe he work and solve your problem btw he have some workaround fix for windows 7 so i read.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #211
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    Which language does your OS have?
    Be sure that in the ge3.ini file each line for language has the language which you want to play (same goes for UserOptions.ini in the savegame folder).

12. Beiträge anzeigen #212
    Rookie

telesien ist offline
    I didn't know about 1.74. To be honest google showed me 1.70 as the first option and only through sheer luck I found about 1.73. I will try 1.74

The OS is czech and the game is english. I will look at the ini files (if the 1.74 won't help)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #213
    Rookie

telesien ist offline
    Thanks a lot. I had to modify both INI files to overwrite some Czech to English

14. Beiträge anzeigen #214
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Threads merged.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #215
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RoiDanton Beitrag anzeigen
    Which language does your OS have?
    Be sure that in the ge3.ini file each line for language has the language which you want to play (same goes for UserOptions.ini in the savegame folder).
    Can you explain in more details on what of languages Community Patch installer is guided first of all during resources unpacking: on the game language, OS language or language from the regional settings?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #216
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    OS language and game language will be checked during installation. Normally it should be installed based on the game language. But Czech is a special case because the original version had only English language; Czech was include with Patch 1.12. That's why Czech users have to check their ini files like the case before.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #217
    Veteran Avatar von kojocel

kojocel ist offline
    RoiDanton (or to whom it may concern),

It's been an issue with CP 1.74 that has been bothering me for a long time now. I never played unpatched G3, therefore I have no idea if this was an issue in "vanilla" G3.

My game style pretty much is a fighter one - Large Weapons / Dual Wield. Now, the problem is one troublesome and buggy fighting issue against two-handed weapons wielding NPCs.
    Concrete: Let's take as opponent an orc elite warrior, wielding Krush Tarach. Now, the issue is spin attack - right click followed by a short left click. When NPC performs this action and I defend myself using a parade (parry) action, the NPC fighting animation gets stuck in my weapon, like NPC knows I parried but keeps doing the same spin attack thing.
    The usual spin attack involves 2 attacks from the same weapon in a rotation, which is obvious, but with this bug, NPC does up to 5-6 attacks, depending upon me letting the parry down, sucking all my stamina and hitting me one more time (as with final attack rotation) after I finished parrying, but with no animation.

I don't know exactly how else should I explain to you my issue, but best try is to spawn an orc warrior with a two-handed weapon and let him attack you with spin attack while you parry. You'll understand then what I mean.

I would have let this slip, if there wouldn't be so many NPCs using two-handed weapons in this game, and that attack type is present always, regardless of NPC type (orc, bandit, rebel, mercenary etc) or weapon type (rusty two-hander, halberd, krush tarach etc).

Could you confirm if this is an issue with 1.7x patches because I don't remember this bug back on 1.5x / 1.6x.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde
    Zone Survival Guide: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat
    Geändert von kojocel (10.01.2011 um 12:49 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #218
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Try turning alternative AI on.When that option is turned on,their attack is ceased if you successfully parry it,and so are yours if an enemy is using a weapon or a shield to defend himself.You can turn it on and off whenever you wish to.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #219
    Veteran Avatar von kojocel

kojocel ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    Try turning alternative AI on.When that option is turned on,their attack is ceased if you successfully parry it,and so are yours if an enemy is using a weapon or a shield to defend himself.You can turn it on and off whenever you wish to.
    It has nothing to do with AI.

This occurs only in NPC -> Hero direction, not viceversa, because when I do spin attack, a successful NPC parry move translates into my attack being stopped. But FYI, I play with AB/AI on only.

Waiting for a CPT member response.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde
    Zone Survival Guide: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat

20. Beiträge anzeigen #220
    Veteran

Kronos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von kojocel Beitrag anzeigen
    It has nothing to do with AI.
    In fact it's an 'AI' problem. It comes up with the Alternative AI because of the changes this does to the parry action. Without Alternative AI there is no real parry action, which really blocks an attack in total.

But this change conflicts with some of the actions and the AI tries to redo this action, once it failed, the problem with the spin attack is that the code doesn't force the NPC to redo the complete action but only one phase of it.

I'm sorry too say, but I've failed fixing this, I'm not sure if it's possible with the used action system, too.

However I have to say I never got this error more than once in a few hours of playing.

Seite 11 von 14 « Erste ... 47891011121314 Letzte »