Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 5 von 5 « Erste 12345
Ergebnis 81 bis 90 von 90
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #81
    Apprentice Avatar von Omgom

Omgom ist offline
    I definitely know the issue now. The patch is not installing properly at all. I tried to run the uninstaller on it, both from ccleaner and add/remove. Both listed it as being installed but neither registered it as being installed. I removed it, unintsalled G2 and am downloading it from steam.

My only guess is that it doesn't function properly through steam. Some of the files work in game, as I've clearly noticed. Though everything in the alternative balancing definitely is not present. That is the most appealing part of the patch to me (aside from obvious fixes) having to be level 17 just to get my strength to 90 is ridiculous. G1 stats were 1 for 1, I liked that. At least the AB makes it less annoying. Raising my strength, two-hand and learning skills in chapter one is impossible.

I really need to find a fix, I'm totally turned off from playing this game right now. I don't even want to continue my current game. I'd rather wait for this patch to work and start over.

*Edit*

As stated in previous posts, the .exe doesn't replace itself. I had to get it manually. Even after that still no autobalancing. Beyond 30 strength it required 2:1. I don't really want to uninstall it manually and drop in the 1.0a + hotfix. So I'll just hold off for now.

Guess this isn't just related to Steam's version and it's 2.7 in general.

*Edit*

I should mention this, just in case. I don't know if it's an issue with the patch or the normal game.

Had a few items disappear from my inventory. The only two noticeable ones, that one was an issue, were Will-o'-the-wisp amulet and more importantly Lares' aquamarine ring. He asked for it back and my character said he didn't have it. I know I didn't accidentally sell them, I kept track of what I sold and how much money I had. I did however find them eventually on the Water Mage Merchant. I also lost some old tablets, though I didn't cry over those.

I used Marvin mode to import Lares' ring so I could return it. It was afterwards I found it on the mage. That's all I've really noticed, sure some other things have found their way out of my inventory.
    Geändert von Omgom (06.07.2010 um 07:31 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82

Omgom ist offline
    The swapping of the exe causes the "Checking virtual memory" or something of the nature, to appear in German. I assume this is from the fact you guys work with the German version.

Anyway the 2.0 AB doesn't work at all, that seems to be the problem. I downloaded 1.0a, installed it then proceeded to install 2.0 over top of it sans the AB patch, through custom install. Loaded and old save and checked a trainer.

Sure enough at 75 strength it only costs 2:1 instead of 3:1 where it should be. I didn't even need to start a new game for it to kick in.

I'm going to start over now and work with this until the new update comes out.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #83
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Righto. We apologize for the broken state of the patch, we admittedly dropped the ball on this recent release . A newer patch is being compiled as we speak to address all issues, should be out very soon.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84

Omgom ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    Righto. We apologize for the broken state of the patch, we admittedly dropped the ball on this recent release . A newer patch is being compiled as we speak to address all issues, should be out very soon.
    No need or apologies. You guys are doing the best you can and these things happen. We're all grateful for your hard work and glad you still care enough about the game to continue breathing life into it.

I was just confused as to why it wasn't working but am happy I worked it out. I started over and am enjoying it much more than before.

Look forward to the newer patch.

I'd like to add in again, as I don't know if it's to the game originally or the patch.

Both those items, wisp amulet and Lares' ring poofed on me. This time it was within a matter of minutes. I tend to dual save for certain situation to check out how they go, or at major points so if I end up running half way across the map or screwing something up I can reload and not have the wasted time.

They were in my inventory before I talked to Martin about joining the Militia, through Lares. I believe I stopped off at Edna, got some fish soup, then cast sleep on the guard to put him out and take the free armor. Upon walking out of there and equipping it I noticed both were missing. I loaded my save from a few moments before at Martin and sure enough they were there.

Might be something to look into if you can, might be unrelated to your patch.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #85
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    A new patch? Great will it include any new fixes or does it just fix the bugs that occured with 2.0? And btw how are you guys doing with the FG patch?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86

Omgom ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NCONiall Beitrag anzeigen
    A new patch? Great will it include any new fixes or does it just fix the bugs that occured with 2.0? And btw how are you guys doing with the FG patch?
    You mean like the apparent bugs people are mentioning in regards to the NotR content?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Yes like the teleporter stones bug in which they don't work.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #88
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    what about completing the AB

("the bigger overhaul in the next version")
    i'm waiting for it to play the game again

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89

Omgom ist offline
    As I'm still running this version of the patch (with the 1.0a AB)

I just hit chapter four and not too long into the VoM I was stuck in that infinite loop with Biff. I know it's listed as being fixed but it could be because of my inclusion of the AB. It's also listed as being fixed in the 2.10 patch as well, so maybe it didn't work properly in this one.

Is there a way around this?

If not, how important is he? Does he say or do much that is of value? I was able to just kill him to get out of the loop, but I'd rather not if there is information and story to be told.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Sorry, we no longer support this version (or previous versions of the patch). The solution is to upgrade to 2.10 and uninstall the AB, as it conflicts with the patch fixes.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

Seite 5 von 5 « Erste 12345