Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 90
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    People.

The patch installs the 2.6fix exe automatically - the mod-ready one.

AND

An appropriate ou.bin file for it.

Normally, even if there still is an ou.dat, which the 2.7 uses, the 2.6fix exe should just ignore it. Some people say that it doesn't. Try deleting the ou.dat and ou.lsc files after you've installed the patch, but leave the ou.bin and the exe the way they are.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.

RobinHood 13. ist offline
    Here's something I've picked up on forums long time ago.
    Don't remember what it was for though:

delete OU.BIN and OU.csl, then rename OU.DAT to OU.BIN and OU.lsc to OU.csl
    Just mentioning it, dunno if that will fix it but maybe it's worth a try.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Rookie

Plasmablade ist offline

Addon world bugged

I got patch to work finally and have experienced same problems as that other person.In Jarkendar knowing things before they happened, getting options from NPC's that should not be available yet, teleporter stones not working after I rentered Jarkendar after leaving etc. Seems this patch does not work properly with Gothic 2 Gold 2.7 eng unfortunately. However the thing with changing the file names to fix the german text does work, but only for dialogue box subtitles. Like when I handed Constantino the 12 herbs for Apprentice quest it was in german because it wasnt in a dialogue box I guess. Did not get far enough to see if paladin runes still say "Zauber".

I have a theory that people that own the tri-pack version of Gothic 2 Gold 2.7 eng (Gothic Universe package) will have these issues because it was bundled differently; Gothic 2 and Night of the Raven. Maybe the Patch team could get a copy of this version to look at the files and see if this is the problem.

Anyways thank you for everyone's feedback and advice but I guess I have to play without the patch, non functional teleporter stones in Jark will just bug me too much lol.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Lehrling

direwolf93 ist offline
    download another version of the Gothic 2 Gold...Try the torrents...preferably btjunkie...

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45
    Veteran Avatar von ZombieNL

ZombieNL ist offline
    I have Gothic Universe
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

and I'm playing G2 NotR with CP v2.0

I like most off the new textures. the game has more color and the houses and armors look better this way.
    The water has to much blue for my taste. i liked the original water better.

I noticed something strange in my journal:

[Bild: gothic22010060807135479.jpg]

I'm playing the game in english, so that german part is strange.
    What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    ^^ Yes it appears that this happens in both G1 and G2NOTR I don't know why maybe they where working on the German version? It wasn't like that before.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von direwolf93 Beitrag anzeigen
    download another version of the Gothic 2 Gold...Try the torrents...preferably btjunkie...
    No, do not do that. Advertising piracy is not tolerated here on these forums, take this as an official warning.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ZombieNL Beitrag anzeigen
    I have Gothic Universe
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

and I'm playing G2 NotR with CP v2.0
    Is everything alright? Are the errors mentioned by other people present in your version?

That German text will be fixed as well.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Veteran Avatar von ZombieNL

ZombieNL ist offline
    I only just started with the game.
    right now i am apprentice from Harad the smith.
    so this is the only bug i noticed so far.
    if i find more bugs, i will post them here.
    What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50
    Local Hero Avatar von Ergopad

Ergopad ist offline
    What's the issue with widescreen fix? Any plans to fix it so that I don't have to start dialog to fix the FOV...

Otherwise, the patch is wonderful.
    "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:1-4

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51
    Adventurer

Tolknaz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von direwolf93 Beitrag anzeigen
    The game is only 10 bucks on GOG, for fuck's sake...

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    Rookie Avatar von Fastidious One

Fastidious One ist offline
    Hello everybody

First of all I would like to thank you, Ironkeep Studios guys for your work. I really appreciate when people use their efforts to improve or even expand something great, like a classic RPG masterpiece, and do that for free. That's really commendable of you. Thank you.

Well, I learned about your patch, read some threads about it and then ofc downloaded the most recent version (2.0) ASAP itching to try it.
    First of all, I've found out that, if installed directly to Gothic II directory, it fails to replace 2.7 executable file (other files are installed OK) and so the game version is still displayed as 2.7. So I installed the patch to dummy directory and then copied gothic.exe file (which is smaller) from that directory. Now the game displayed '2.6 (fix)'.
    I loaded my saves. What is present:
    1. "Lares refusing to take me to water mages" bug is gone. Very good.
    2. Vatras says "Let's summarize" in English. Good!
    3. Textures are really pleasant.
    But:
    1. Hakon doesn't sell new weapons.
    2. LP cost of stats training is still 2 per point from 31 on.
    I installed the patch with Alternative balancing (the respective .vdf file is present in the Data file)
    So please tell me, are those changes require me to start the game from the scratch? Is it normal that bug fixes are present after old saves are loaded while modifications are not?
    Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker.
    Geändert von Fastidious One (13.06.2010 um 07:20 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tolknaz Beitrag anzeigen
    The game is only 10 bucks on GOG, for fuck's sake...
    Jus' chill mate, you're not helping out.

Zitat Zitat von Fastidious One
    ...1. Hakon doesn't sell new weapons.
    2. LP cost of stats training is still 2 per point from 31 on.
    I installed the patch with Alternative balancing (the respective .vdf file is present in the Data file)
    So please tell me, are those changes require me to start the game from the scratch? Is it normal that bug fixes are present after old saves are loaded while modifications are not?
    Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker.
    I admire the fastidiousness you displayed in describing the problems you've been having .

You do need to start a new game to reap the full benefits of the patch, especially to try the AB. Some stuff may work, but it's entirely possible to still have issues. If starting a new game doesn't fix the issues you've been having with AB, let us know .
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54
    Neuling

sushant ist offline
    My version of Gothic is 2.7 English
    After applying Community Patch v2.0 when start playing,
    my computer hangs and I need to reboot, after doing this my recent save file gets corrupt.
    There is one bug I encountered with Mica/Mika
    I asked him for help with Akil's trouble, and he agreed and lead me to his farm
    but when we get there he was just standing and not attacking the mercenaries
    And the option for asking for help is still present with +50 XP bonus infinitely.
    I had to attack mercenaries by myself to trigger the fight and to finish the quest.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55
    Rookie Avatar von Fastidious One

Fastidious One ist offline
    OK, so I've started the new game with 2.0 patch installed.
    However, as far as I can see the alternative balancing still didn't kick in. Hakon doesn't sell the fencing sabre (unless he equipped it, ofc), Lares requires double LP for raising strength after 30.
    I have, or had for that matter , Gothic II 2.7 (English). Now I have "2.6(fix)" displayed on the main menu screen (after replacing the existing gothic.exe with the one from patch). Improved English text is present. Textures are OK. But still no LP rebalancing. Too bad.
    Don't know if it matters but when viewing the contents of VDFS.DMP file I can see the correct path to the Alternative_Balancing.vdf file.
    I would appreciate any help on that matter.
    BTW, could you possibly add some special item to the Xardas's tower so that user could determine if the alternative balancing part of the patch is functioning correctly from the very beginning? E.g. replace the heavy branch with spiked club or something like that?

UPD: For the time being I uninstalled the 2.0 IKC patch (manually) and tried HoP 1.1 leaving just the new textures .vdf in Data directory. Worked like a charm. I've got new XP gains (and probably new LP progression) and tough young wolves AND new textures. That will do, I suppose, until the matter with the patch is solved. Thank you for HoP, too!
    Geändert von Fastidious One (13.06.2010 um 18:57 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Fastidious One Beitrag anzeigen
    First of all, I've found out that, if installed directly to Gothic II directory, it fails to replace 2.7 executable file (other files are installed OK) and so the game version is still displayed as 2.7. So I installed the patch to dummy directory and then copied gothic.exe file (which is smaller) from that directory.
    Very interesting. The exe isn't replaced as it should be. We'll definitely look into that.

At the moment it seems that the problem lies with the alternative balancing. Expect updates in July.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    ^Maybe that depends on OS.

Also, your installer checks for the reg keys where the game is installed?

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58
    Neuling

sushant ist offline
    Look at the screen shot I am already at Akil's farm
    [Bild: gothic2.jpg]
    I can gain that +50 XP bonus infinitely, and Mika also does not trigger the fight

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    ^^ Thats happens to me as well I usually just don't ask for the free XP(thats cheating or exploiting ) just attack the Mercenaries and Mika will join in you may not get the 200XP from each of the Mercenaries as it depends who gets the last hit since only you and Mika have to get the last hit to get the XP you have a small chance of getting the 400XP total. Yeah its annoying but hopefully it will be fixed.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60
    Apprentice

Sergorn ist offline
    Hey there !

I am playing Gothic II using your community patch and I wanted to point you to this thread :
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...d.php?t=832939

Basically the patch seems to be severly screwing with the Addon world for some reason

-Sergorn

Seite 3 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »