Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 90
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Apprentice Avatar von GoG4o

GoG4o ist offline
    yes, i meant 2.6.0.0 fix; but i don't need it anymore; anyway, if there is no difference i guess i should expect the same bugs ahead like before... (yes, my previous save was ruined)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Sword Master Avatar von COma4ever

COma4ever ist offline
    if I have a fresh install G2(vanilla) and NotR, can i install this patch and start playing or do I have to install some other patches/fixes/whatever ?

also I'm running a 64-bit Windows 7. Is it compatible?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Lehrling

Epsilonn ist offline
    What about my problem with the two screenshots I posted above? Is this common or is it only me?

http://img295.imageshack.us/i/96954109.jpg/

http://img444.imageshack.us/i/23142014.jpg/

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von COma4ever Beitrag anzeigen
    if I have a fresh install G2(vanilla) and NotR, can i install this patch and start playing or do I have to install some other patches/fixes/whatever ?
    It shouldn't require anything else than what you currently have.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25

COma4ever ist offline
    sigh, won't enter game. tried compatibilities and run as administrator, didn't work.
    I'm soooooooooooom tempted to dual-boot right now ... don't have the space though.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26

GoG4o ist offline
    so, just asking, is anyone experiencing the same bugs as me? They are:

when i recieve items from npc's, it says "Stewreceived" instead of "Stew received", or "Militia swordreceived" instead of "Militia sword received" - examples; also, Orlan (the owner of the Tavern "The Dead Harpy") will equip the strongest weapon after the Nameless asks for trade; Orlan equips some huge axe that does around 150 dmg i think; the same stuff with Martin - he equips "Master Sword" after the Nameless looks into his inventory; when talking to Constantino about apprenticeship, for a moment a dialogue is shown in german (w/o voice) instead of english + voice; when the Nameless goes to a stove to fry meat, the player has to click "left control" to fry a single piece of meat - but i press left control (and hold it) and then i spam the "W" button so that the Nameless can continue frying w/o stopping - he takes the pan to fry and when i spam "W" he takes it back and then again takes it to the stove to fry - the first time the pan is visible, afterwards the pan becomes invisible, but still the meat is being fried; i bet there are a lot more - i even sometimes feel this patch makes my game a bit more buggy ; i also saw in my game the bug Epsilonn is talking about - but it's no big deal
    Geändert von GoG4o (30.05.2010 um 18:35 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von COma4ever Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm soooooooooooom tempted to dual-boot right now ... don't have the space though.
    XP + game shouldn't take more than 5-6GB.

And, do you have an nvidia video card?
    Geändert von Larisa (30.05.2010 um 20:05 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28

COma4ever ist offline
    yes, but t's the same one i had on xp when i was playing g2

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Windows 7 + nvidia + G1 or G2 = trouble. Most people can't start the game, the game crashes or there are major graphic bugs. So it's not an ICP bug.

Zitat Zitat von GoG4o Beitrag anzeigen
    it says "Stewreceived" instead of "Stew received", or "Militia swordreceived" instead of "Militia sword received"
    I've seen this with Velaya at the translating stage. It's something from the scripts, a space should be after the %item or before "received" or "given".
    Geändert von Larisa (31.05.2010 um 14:00 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30

GoG4o ist offline
    alright guys; i'm going to write a wall of text now, but, please, for the sake of this patch, read it

okay, i used this patch over the game Gothic 2: NotR (Gothic 2 Gold) version 2.7 (eng); the major bugs i noticed before entering the addon world were that almost every merchant will equip the strongest weapon (sword, bow, crossbow) after the Nameless has seen it via trade or "show me your wares"; i even noticed in the Old World, in the castle, some paladin Sargarath or something like that, has equipped himself with sword, bow AND crossbow at the same time (2 ranged weapon at the same time); also, dunno if it is a bug, but when the Nameless asks Lares to go to see Saturas to give him the ornament, when exiting town, if by chance the Nameless and Lares stumble upon a Seeker, Lares ignores him - but if the Nameless fights him, Lares pulls back a bit and begins to cheer... "Yeah, get him!", "Hit him!" - i mean, c'mon, i'm fighting a demonic being and he's cheering and having fun?! Also... when you transform into a beast via some scroll and you pass by some npc, the npc will begin to shoot you with something (spell or bow) or at least chase you and when you're out of reach, they will naturally stop to chase you - and, after you transform back into human and go back to see the npc... the npc will attack you although you're in human form... oh yeah... that bug broke my previous save because i passed by Saturas and the other magicians in the addon world in wolf form... after that i came back as a human and they fireballed the hell out of me... i couldn't talk to neither of them and therefore i couldn't complete the addon world... gee... thanks..

anyway, till addon world, everything was kinda acceptable; in the addon world, when i go to the pirates camp, and i go to see Skip for example, after some talking, i have the option "About Angus and Hank" - and if i click it, the Nameless says that he knows what happened to them, that they are dead; but here's the thing, after entering the addon world, i went STRAIGHT to the pirates camp and i do not have even the slightest idea of what has happened to them... and yet, the Nameless knows? And after going to the banidts camp (wearing their vest), i come across Sancho who's saying that "I have done in Franco" and that i'm really badass because after him i have also "done in Carlos"... i mean... dude... they are both alive - i HAVE NOT killed them ... i didn't even meet them yet, yet this prick says that "I've done them in..." ?!?!? After that i go to see Tom in the nearby cave - after some talking, i have the option to tell him that "Esteban is dead" - again, Esteban is ALIVE and i didn't even meet him yet... c'mon ? wtf is that? After entering the bandits' camp i come across Senyan who begins to talk to me about 'how wanted am i" - i end the conversation and approach Emilio who's right behing Senyan sitting on some bench; Emilio's like "You killed Senyan!" - oh well oh.... Senyan is alive and right in front of him, and yet this dude says that i have killed him... ?!?! The same **** with Thorus, after talking to him, he's like "Now what", Nameless "What?", Thorus: "You killed Bloodwyn, and i'm wandering who's next, me or Raven?" - Thorus, dude, i have not even met Bloodwyn yet... how could've i killed him? Also, the teleporter stones do not work - after i place a focus stone on the pedestal and try to teleport, nothing happens except for some blue light coming from the teleporter stone..

so, please answer, i hope i'm not alone with this, maybe gamebreaking bug

edit - by the way, i reinstalled the game and i will try it this time w/o your patch to see if this bug in the addon world is present

edit 2 - alright, i installed it and w/o your patch; i went to see Skip to see if i can tell him what happened to Angus and Hank w/o knowing it, and i don't have that option - in other words, it seems to be ok, w/o such foreshadowing bugs - i don't have the option to tell Tom that Esteban is dead and Sancho greets me usually (not saying that i have killed Franco although i have not met Franco yet); also, the teleporter stones work perfectly without your patch; so, guys, your patch is making the game even more buggy? Why's that for? honestly... the only good thing about your patch seems to be the texture package...

and last, but not least, i have a question - is there a way to install ONLY the Alternative Balancing (15.1mb) and Texture Pack (37.9mb) WITHOUT the buggy Patch Core Files (32.9mb) ?
    Geändert von GoG4o (01.06.2010 um 13:46 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    alright guys; i'm going to write a wall of text now, but, please, for the sake of this patch, read it
    Reading. Btw, the stuff in your first post (item duplicating w/frying pan, NPCs equipping the strongest weapon) was not introduced by us, they were known issues before the patches. On that note, please let us know what version of the patch it is you are using.

... Lares pulls back a bit and begins to cheer... "Yeah, get him!", "Hit him!" - i mean, c'mon, i'm fighting a demonic being and he's cheering and having fun?!
    Looking into this.

oh yeah... that bug broke my previous save because i passed by Saturas and the other magicians in the addon world in wolf form... after that i came back as a human and they fireballed the hell out of me... i couldn't talk to neither of them and therefore i couldn't complete the addon world... gee... thanks..
    Also another issue that people have reported without the patch. It's a flaw in how NPCs are set to hostile. The solution is not to be in animal form while near settlements really, but something we want to look into regardless.

anyway, till addon world, everything was kinda acceptable; in the addon world, when i go to the pirates camp...
    This stuff is all issues I have never heard about before, kind of peculiar because I didn't change stuff in the places where you're having problems.

honestly... the only good thing about your patch seems to be the texture package...
    Sorry you feel that way chap. But let's understand something here. We are a small team and we work on this in our spare time and out of the goodness of our hearts. Occasionally stuff will go wrong, and we try to fix it.

and last, but not least, i have a question - is there a way to install ONLY the Alternative Balancing (15.1mb) and Texture Pack (37.9mb) WITHOUT the buggy Patch Core Files (32.9mb) ?
    Nope, sorry. You might want to try and roll back to 1.0a (with the hotfix), while we see what's what, and let us know if you're still having the same problems.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.
    Geändert von Korianous (01.06.2010 um 16:13 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NCONiall Beitrag anzeigen
    Does it include all your previous patches as well?
    Yes.

yes, i meant 2.6.0.0 fix; but i don't need it anymore; anyway, if there is no difference i guess i should expect the same bugs ahead like before... (yes, my previous save was ruined)
    There is a slight technical difference between 2.7 and 2.6. In 2.7, the engine reads the output units (dialoge subtitles) from the ou.dat file, yet in the 2.6 version, it reads them from the ou.bin file. For most mods and for this patch as well, the ou.bin standard is used.

Zitat Zitat von Epsilonn Beitrag anzeigen
    What about my problem with the two screenshots I posted above? Is this common or is it only me?

http://img295.imageshack.us/i/96954109.jpg/

http://img444.imageshack.us/i/23142014.jpg/
    Problem cannot be solved directly. The sky textures will be returned to the original ones in the next patch version.

so, just asking, is anyone experiencing the same bugs as me? They are:

when i recieve items from npc's, it says "Stewreceived" instead of "Stew received", or "Militia swordreceived" instead of "Militia sword received" - examples; also, Orlan (the owner of the Tavern "The Dead Harpy") will equip the strongest weapon after the Nameless asks for trade; Orlan equips some huge axe that does around 150 dmg i think; the same stuff with Martin - he equips "Master Sword" after the Nameless looks into his inventory; when talking to Constantino about apprenticeship, for a moment a dialogue is shown in german (w/o voice) instead of english + voice; when the Nameless goes to a stove to fry meat, the player has to click "left control" to fry a single piece of meat - but i press left control (and hold it) and then i spam the "W" button so that the Nameless can continue frying w/o stopping - he takes the pan to fry and when i spam "W" he takes it back and then again takes it to the stove to fry - the first time the pan is visible, afterwards the pan becomes invisible, but still the meat is being fried; i bet there are a lot more - i even sometimes feel this patch makes my game a bit more buggy ; i also saw in my game the bug Epsilonn is talking about - but it's no big deal
    1. weapon received bug - will be fixed in the next version
    2. npcs equipping strongest weapon - looking into this, fix not guaranteed
    3. constantino dialoge - never encountered before, can you be more specific, please?
    4. frying bug - never experienced, might be just your system

okay, i used this patch over the game Gothic 2: NotR (Gothic 2 Gold) version 2.7 (eng); the major bugs i noticed before entering the addon world were that almost every merchant will equip the strongest weapon (sword, bow, crossbow) after the Nameless has seen it via trade or "show me your wares"; i even noticed in the Old World, in the castle, some paladin Sargarath or something like that, has equipped himself with sword, bow AND crossbow at the same time (2 ranged weapon at the same time); also, dunno if it is a bug, but when the Nameless asks Lares to go to see Saturas to give him the ornament, when exiting town, if by chance the Nameless and Lares stumble upon a Seeker, Lares ignores him - but if the Nameless fights him, Lares pulls back a bit and begins to cheer... "Yeah, get him!", "Hit him!" - i mean, c'mon, i'm fighting a demonic being and he's cheering and having fun?! Also... when you transform into a beast via some scroll and you pass by some npc, the npc will begin to shoot you with something (spell or bow) or at least chase you and when you're out of reach, they will naturally stop to chase you - and, after you transform back into human and go back to see the npc... the npc will attack you although you're in human form... oh yeah... that bug broke my previous save because i passed by Saturas and the other magicians in the addon world in wolf form... after that i came back as a human and they fireballed the hell out of me... i couldn't talk to neither of them and therefore i couldn't complete the addon world... gee... thanks..

anyway, till addon world, everything was kinda acceptable; in the addon world, when i go to the pirates camp, and i go to see Skip for example, after some talking, i have the option "About Angus and Hank" - and if i click it, the Nameless says that he knows what happened to them, that they are dead; but here's the thing, after entering the addon world, i went STRAIGHT to the pirates camp and i do not have even the slightest idea of what has happened to them... and yet, the Nameless knows? And after going to the banidts camp (wearing their vest), i come across Sancho who's saying that "I have done in Franco" and that i'm really badass because after him i have also "done in Carlos"... i mean... dude... they are both alive - i HAVE NOT killed them ... i didn't even meet them yet, yet this prick says that "I've done them in..." ?!?!? After that i go to see Tom in the nearby cave - after some talking, i have the option to tell him that "Esteban is dead" - again, Esteban is ALIVE and i didn't even meet him yet... c'mon ? wtf is that? After entering the bandits' camp i come across Senyan who begins to talk to me about 'how wanted am i" - i end the conversation and approach Emilio who's right behing Senyan sitting on some bench; Emilio's like "You killed Senyan!" - oh well oh.... Senyan is alive and right in front of him, and yet this dude says that i have killed him... ?!?! The same **** with Thorus, after talking to him, he's like "Now what", Nameless "What?", Thorus: "You killed Bloodwyn, and i'm wandering who's next, me or Raven?" - Thorus, dude, i have not even met Bloodwyn yet... how could've i killed him? Also, the teleporter stones do not work - after i place a focus stone on the pedestal and try to teleport, nothing happens except for some blue light coming from the teleporter stone..

so, please answer, i hope i'm not alone with this, maybe gamebreaking bug

edit - by the way, i reinstalled the game and i will try it this time w/o your patch to see if this bug in the addon world is present

edit 2 - alright, i installed it and w/o your patch; i went to see Skip to see if i can tell him what happened to Angus and Hank w/o knowing it, and i don't have that option - in other words, it seems to be ok, w/o such foreshadowing bugs - i don't have the option to tell Tom that Esteban is dead and Sancho greets me usually (not saying that i have killed Franco although i have not met Franco yet); also, the teleporter stones work perfectly without your patch; so, guys, your patch is making the game even more buggy? Why's that for? honestly... the only good thing about your patch seems to be the texture package...

Teleport bug and the dialoge bugs with addon world npcs - can anyone else confirm this? Scripts for the addonworld have not be changed.

As for the install thing - there would be no point. Technical wise, Alt Bal is the same as the core patch. Everytime a fix is implemented, it is done to both versions at the same time. The two versions are nearly identical.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33

GoG4o ist offline
    i did not mean to offend you; i was just angry because my previous save was renered useless cause of the transform bug and then coming as a human and npc's are hostile; anyway, i apologise for my wall of text - and yes, i do understand that the issues i experienced may have been just in my game; so, it seems these 'foreshadowing' dialogues that i experienced in the addon world are solely present in my game - if so, i apologise (i do not experience them anymore because i play w/o any patches installed whatsoever); as i said, i installed your patch on Gothic 2 Gold (2.7 eng) version - i really hope these 'foreshadowing' dialogues that i experienced are bugs just in my game; sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the replies
    Geändert von GoG4o (01.06.2010 um 21:19 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Lehrling

direwolf93 ist offline

Talking

Already working on ICP v2.1?You really rock...keep on like this....

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35
    Rookie

Plasmablade ist offline

similar problem as GOG4o

Hello, I am having similar issues as GOG4o with this patch for my game. It appears as if the patch is not even installing correctly. Vatras is still having that line in German,no fencing sword on weapon merchant, NPC's equiping the best items in their inv etc . I have Gothic 2 Gold version 2.7 eng installed on vista 32 if that helps any. My game was part of a Gothic universe tri-pack I bought and all the Gothic 2 files were on 1 disc and I installed them together ;of the total 3 discs for the 3 games. These are all issues I am having without the patch so for some rerason the patch is not working for me. I install it into "C:\Program Files\JoWooD Productions Software AG\Gothic II Gold" which is Gothic 2 Folder/subs. The "Data" folder is in there 53.1 MB same size as 2.0 patch? Have I installed it incorrectly.

Just tried moving the "Data" folder down to gothic 2 sub folder. Copied files and game seems to be working better now but still no fencing sword and still germam text line from vatras. (rushed to see if this worked) I am at a loss. Will continue to play around with stuff and hopefully will be able to come to a definitive conclusion. Any feedback in the meantime is welcome. Thank you.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Welcome here

I didn't really understood where exactly you installed the icp 2.0 patch.
    Are you sure you pointed to the root of your G2 installation?

Anyway, if you installed the patch somewhere else:

The ICP 2.0 patch has the following subfolders: _work, Data, ICP and system.
    The data folder that you said you moved contains only the alternative balancing and the new textures. Your G2 installation should also have a data folder (size ~2.4GB)

The fixes are located inside the _work folder. System contains just the fixed .exe file, ICP isn't important.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Plasmablade Beitrag anzeigen
    Vatras is still having that line in German
    Yes I had that problem too, to fix it navigate to C:\Program Files\JoWooD Productions Software AG\Gothic II Gold\_work\Data\Scripts\CONTENT\CUTSCENE in there should be 3 files Ou.bin, Ou.dat and Ou.lsc you need to delete or move the Ou.dat out of that folder then you need to rename Ou.bin(make sure you have Hide Extensions unchecked in folder options) to Ou.dat and after this Vatras should say his line in English hope I helped
    Geändert von NCONiall (05.06.2010 um 16:13 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    ^That's interesting, cause the 2.6fix exe only needs the ou.bin file. If the presence of ou.dat causes problems, the setup will be programed to automatically delete those files.

"Equipping of strongest weapon" was always there - it hasn't been addressed yet.

Can anyone else confirm the aforementioned problems?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    ^That's interesting, cause the 2.6fix exe only needs the ou.bin file. If the presence of ou.dat causes problems, the setup will be programed to automatically delete those files.

"Equipping of strongest weapon" was always there - it hasn't been addressed yet.

Can anyone else confirm the aforementioned problems?
    I remember a while back when you released your first patch people complained about the Vatras line and Korianous showed us the method I explained in my last post and I have the 2.7 verison of NOTR so maybe that may be the reason why it needs the Ou.dat? And no the setup doesn't delete the ou.dat I have to do it manually then Korianous told us to rename the ou.bin to ou.dat

EDIT: My mistake this is what Korianous said:
    First thing i noticed was that when i spoked with Vatras, he was telling me "Let us sumarize" but the subtitle was in german.
    Check the .exe and ou.bin. Also, if the ou.dat file still exists, try renaming and/or deleting it.
    Geändert von NCONiall (05.06.2010 um 22:28 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40
    Rookie

Plasmablade ist offline

german text still there

My patch files/folder are in the "Gothic 2 Gold" folder which is the sub of the "JoWooD Productions Software AG" folder. Is this correct? Also the "CUTSCENE" folder NCONiall spoke of contained 1 file ou.bin, which I renamed to ou.dat. But when I started the game now it contains 3 files.... ou.bin Ou.dat and Ou.Isc . I did a reinstall of the game and patch btw because I moved some stuff around which caused game to crash.

German text is still there and no fencing sword on Hakon still. O btw when you said new fencing sword it is a new item? Or just that sword with 40 attack and 20 dex req and 5 bonus 1 handed? Either way he doesnt have it lol.

EDIT: I see a problem I have 2 "_work" folders. The 1st is is a sub under the JoWooD folder the 2nd is further down the chain under the Gothic 2 Gold folder. The 1st has just the ou.dat which I renamed. I was confused and should have noticed the all caps in CONTENT and CUTSCENE difference between the 2 lol. So I will remove Ou.dat and then rename Ou.bin to Ou.dat and see if this at least fixs the german text appearing. Wow this is all very confusing having multiple folders with same name lol. Sorry for not being a PC wiz but I am hoping to get this thing working somehow.

Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »