Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 8 « Erste 1234567 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 146
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Actually Gothic and Risen might take place in the same universe: read more. So if it is the same universe, then we can count Risen too.
    However they intended it, Risen ain't Gothic for the obvious reason that PB haven't the rights to Gothic. And that is the end of that, in this topic at least.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    banned

bdeimos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    PB haven't the rights to Gothic
    http://pluto13.de/docs/GothicRights-EN.pdf

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline
    Hmm... that's slightly confusing. By "yet to be published" do they mean games that are started or specifically planned but not yet finished or any possible game in the future? The final sentence seems to imply that there could be use of the Gothic name by someone else in the future.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44

Hellbilly ist offline
    Actually there's nothing new there, nothing to detract what I said, and nothing relevant to this topic; already from the very start it was said that the contract which gives JoWood rights to the Gothic name extends only so many games to the future, the number that's been thrown around most often is one, which means that then PB can reclaim the right.

Which in no way affects how Risen and Gothic are related to each other, anno 2010, and hence, this topic.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45
    Chosen One Avatar von KingOvi

KingOvi ist offline
    The nicest thing with Risen was that even from the first movie, and the main thing, that a mage....think... banished the Gods from the world, was so close to gothic
    3D-Source --- Game ready 3D Models - 3d models - 3d blog - 3d tutorials --- Soon to be the best 3d site on the net, guess why..
    Unauthorized advertising of 3D-Source is highly encouraged but not rewarded due to plenty of greed.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    However they intended it, Risen ain't Gothic for the obvious reason that PB haven't the rights to Gothic. And that is the end of that, in this topic at least.
    Furthermore, from what I know, PB still has the publishing rights for G1. And yes, Risen is not Gothic, but that's not the point. The point is the universe in which the action takes place, so if the universe is the same, then Risen fits the topic.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47

Hellbilly ist offline
    Oh then, well, I'll arbitrarily decide that yes, Fallout 3 and TES are the same universe, and Sea Dogs is an era in between, and hence can be included too. No, Risen is not Gothic, and whatever you daydream of, Risen is not Gothic, and that is the point.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48
    banned

bdeimos ist offline
    Risen is not Gothic
    Risen is more gothic than...

This year
    new AAA RPG
    where Oblivion mixed with Two Worlds
    Arcania: Epic Fail

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Knight Avatar von Hav'caaren An'givare

Hav'caaren An'givare ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von bdeimos Beitrag anzeigen
    Risen is more gothic than...

This year
    new AAA RPG
    where Oblivion mixed with Two Worlds
    Arcania: Epic Fail
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

How do you know this,did you see it.Hey I like bashing like the next guy,but seriously,I like to do my homework before opening my mouth like that (or pressing the keyboard).
    on-topic,I would say the gothic world would win because either Xardas will find a way to close the Portal,or Rhobar will erect a magic barrier to stop the hords of sheep coming from Cyrodiil..Seriously though,I would not be surprised if our orcs would unite with their green cousins and stage a coup to take power from both the Elder Council (sinece there is no emperor),and from General Lee (since Rhobar is dead,if this takes place after the portal is opened,you knwo the UL being Nirn).
    I can even imagine Herr Kan dierfuhrer saying his speech:"They are not like the warriors of Skyrim who have always faced us with honour,they are meer worms wich must tread under foot.Only when the last of these cowardly imperials will be dead will we find peace here."
    Geändert von Hav'caaren An'givare (15.02.2010 um 20:51 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50

Hellbilly ist offline
    ^^So you keep saying.

Zitat Zitat von Rale Beitrag anzeigen
    I bet that 10 boars from unpached Gothic 3 would kill all of those characters from oblivion, so numbers ain't important
    The thing with the boars is, which I used to my advantage even before the CPT had mercy on us and made boars easier, that they are relatively slow until they charge and even then you get to put in a lot of arrows into them as they run toward you. Paralyze & poison would cripple them. And, failing that, levitation; levitation and ranged attacks would make short work of the melee-creatures and units of Gothic, which does not have levitation magic. I wonder, though, could a mage use Telekinesis to whack around flying TES-troops? But then, most spells of Gothic would be rendered useless with resist magic potions, whereas no amount of protection from magic damage would save a Gothic-guy from Paralysis, Blind or some such nicety, as they don't do any damage.

Also, the immortal dragons could be kept occupied by the immortal NPC's from Oblivion, of whom there are a few...

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Oh then, well, I'll arbitrarily decide that yes, Fallout 3 and TES are the same universe, and Sea Dogs is an era in between, and hence can be included too. No, Risen is not Gothic, and whatever you daydream of, Risen is not Gothic, and that is the point.
    Dude, do you read what I post or you just keep rambling on and on without a point? As I said, Risen is not Gothic, I agree with that. The universe could be the same. If you can prove Fallout and the other games are part of the tes universe, fine, include them ( didn't play any betheshda games, so I wouldn't know), they would fit the topic. This is a battle between the universes of TES and Gothic, not between what we find only in one period or time of the games.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    Sword Master Avatar von Rale

Rale ist offline
    ^^So you keep saying.

The thing with the boars is, which I used to my advantage even before the CPT had mercy on us and made boars easier, that they are relatively slow until they charge and even then you get to put in a lot of arrows into them as they run toward you. Paralyze & poison would cripple them. And, failing that, levitation; levitation and ranged attacks would make short work of the melee-creatures and units of Gothic, which does not have levitation magic. I wonder, though, could a mage use Telekinesis to whack around flying TES-troops? But then, most spells of Gothic would be rendered useless with resist magic potions, whereas no amount of protection from magic damage would save a Gothic-guy from Paralysis, Blind or some such nicety, as they don't do any damage.
    Try killing a pack of wolves or ripper beasts...

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #53

^^So you keep saying.

Also, the immortal dragons could be kept occupied by the immortal NPC's from Oblivion, of whom there are a few...
    Yes,but the magic of TES is like a naturalforce of nature,where the gothic magic is a more of a divine nature (I always wondered why they were still called mages and magi,when clearly the title of priest would fit them).
    The point is,divine gods of gothic >natural magic used by peasents.It's imposible to make usefull spells in the TES.The spells of Morgrad are more potent.
    Also the click-fest of GIII and the tactical figthing style of GI and GII will cut the through the soldiers of Cyrodiil like a knife through butter (especially the one from GIII,I never thougth that the flaws of the third game would prove usefull one day) .

14. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #54

Try killing a pack of wolves or ripper beasts...
    Let's not forget about trolls and temple-guards (the scorpion demons,you know,from GIII,the way it uses it's sting it's like a machine-gun ).

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TheThordir Beitrag anzeigen
    Also the click-fest of GIII and the tactical figthing style of GI and GII will cut the through the soldiers of Cyrodiil like a knife through butter (especially the one from GIII,I never thougth that the flaws of the third game would prove usefull one day) .
    Tactical fighting style, my ass. More like, left-right-left-right-left-right.

Just wanted to get this off my chest since I don't really understand why people think the GI/GII system is more "sophisticated" or "tactical" or just plain better. G3's flaws only came from the AI's design.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56

KingOvi ist offline
    Regarding this Best fighting in games I played :

Assasin's Creed !

Quite nice was Prince of Persia The two Thrones and Risen
    3D-Source --- Game ready 3D Models - 3d models - 3d blog - 3d tutorials --- Soon to be the best 3d site on the net, guess why..
    Unauthorized advertising of 3D-Source is highly encouraged but not rewarded due to plenty of greed.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Omid-

Omid- ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Alwin Beitrag anzeigen
    Tactical fighting style, my ass. More like, left-right-left-right-left-right.
    Oh boy, you probably failed very hard in those games

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58
    Sword Master Avatar von Rale

Rale ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KingOvi Beitrag anzeigen
    Regarding this Best fighting in games I played :

Assasin's Creed !

Quite nice was Prince of Persia The two Thrones and Risen
    Yeah, great games I played and finished all of them Just remember the counter-attack with hidden blade from Assassins creed. Still I don't understand people who bash the fighting sistem of Risen For me it was very good, because of all those combinations, and because it reminded me of G1-G2 fighting sistem

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Omid- Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh boy, you probably failed very hard in those games
    Erm... no. Once I familiarised myself with it it wasn't too difficult. Oh, yeah, sorry, I forgot. Orcs have to be fought like strafe-left-strafe-left-strafe-left.

Now I ask you. Did you fail at G3? Did you even play it or do you just join the bandwagon because all the cool kids hate G3?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60

KingOvi ist offline
    Yeah, great games I played and finished all of them Just remember the counter-attack with hidden blade from Assassins creed. Still I don't understand people who bash the fighting sistem of Risen For me it was very good, because of all those combinations, and because it reminded me of G1-G2 fighting sistem
    My favourite thing in Risen is to use the power charged attack at the move the hero rotates, because after that comes the critical blow, and with the power attack I stop their parry. Cool stuff, kinda feels playing Risen like watching a cool movie

Seite 3 von 8 « Erste 1234567 ... Letzte »