Seite 2 von 4 « Erste 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 70
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Exodus Avatar von Sektenspinner

Sektenspinner ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    You mean mod creatoR.
    Why singular?
    Schreiberling isn't around in the english section (because he can't speak english) but he still exists.
    Für Spieler:
    Velaya # Velaya in English # Exodus Demo # Irrwichtel
    Tools für Modder:
    DiaDepp # DOPA-PARTER # zSlang
    Scripte für Modder:
    Ikarus Skriptpaket # Floats # Broadcasts

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Rookie

r3r0123 ist offline
    this is a great mod indeed . Is the author gonna release another one ?

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #23

Zitat Zitat von r3r0123 Beitrag anzeigen
    this is a great mod indeed . Is the author gonna release another one ?
    Schreiberling works on the G3 Community Story Project right now. I'm working on a German modification called "eXodus".

Whether or not there will be English releases of these projects is not clear up to this point.
    Für Spieler:
    Tools für Modder:
    Scripte für Modder:

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    I was under the impression that you (sektenspinner) did everything: dialogue (not the spoken bits of course), quests, events, armours.

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    please, don't forget about a russian project story for gothic 3

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Apprentice

Allana ist offline

English version?

I do not speak German, but would be willing to lend assistance where possible to an English version. If nothing else, I can clean up auto-translations. I can usually get the gist of things. I very much enjoyed Velaya.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    It's not auto-translated.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Apprentice

Allana ist offline
    My apologies ... I did not mean to imply it was. What I meant to say is that I am fairly adept at figuring out what is intended in a translation, even with the garbled mess that sometimes comes out of auto-translation software. And, that if you decide to do an English translation, and you need someone to help clean up the English side (I am a native English speaker), I would be willing to help with that.

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #29

Zitat Zitat von Allana Beitrag anzeigen
    My apologies ... I did not mean to imply it was. What I meant to say is that I am fairly adept at figuring out what is intended in a translation, even with the garbled mess that sometimes comes out of auto-translation software. And, that if you decide to do an English translation, and you need someone to help clean up the English side (I am a native English speaker), I would be willing to help with that.
    The translation was declared final quite a while ago. You are a little late to help, since the team has already scattered and the mod has already reached most of the audience it can be estimated to reach in total.

You can of course try to further improve the translation on your own. But you cannot expect to get a lot of help and it may not be worth the effort (especially because the english community is rather small anyway, the translation reached "only" 2500 people compared to ten times as much in the German community).
    Für Spieler:
    Tools für Modder:
    Scripte für Modder:

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Apprentice

Allana ist offline
    Schreiberling works on the G3 Community Story Project right now. I'm working on a German modification called "eXodus".

Whether or not there will be English releases of these projects is not clear up to this point.
    Ok, I guess I should have quoted the above to begin with. I was responding to the possibility of new mods. Velaya was perfectly understandable. And a great mod.

Sorry to hear that it had such a poor response in the English community. My guess is that most folks simply didn't hear about it. I found it only by accident, while looking for a patch.

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #31

Zitat Zitat von Allana Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok, I guess I should have quoted the above to begin with. I was responding to the possibility of new mods.
    The projects are still far from finished so it doesn't make sense to start thinking about the translation yet.
    Sorry to hear that it had such a poor response in the English community.
    2500 people is not particulary much but I wouldn't say it's a "poor" response.
    Für Spieler:
    Tools für Modder:
    Scripte für Modder:

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Adventurer Avatar von GothManiac

GothManiac ist offline
    Can we install more than 1 mods at the same time and play them both?? Sorry for the silly question bad i've never played with mods though i've played each Gothic many-many times...
    Thx!

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Legende Avatar von Ciao

Ciao ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von GothManiac Beitrag anzeigen
    Can we install more than 1 mods at the same time and play them both?? Sorry for the silly question bad i've never played with mods though i've played each Gothic many-many times...
    Thx!
    Yes, this is possible. But before downloading any mod you must download the gothic starter kit fist. Mods only can get started when they are opened through the starter kit.
    Ist Euch eigentlich klar, dass wir zu den reichsten 10% der Welt gehören?
    10% von 9 Milliarden sind 900 Millionen. Und unter diesen 900 Millionen gehören unsere 80 Millionen klar zu den reicheren unter den reichsten 10%.
    Also, wie verbessern WIR die Welt? Und keine Ausreden.

14. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #34

Thx!
    Zitat Zitat von Conterman Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, this is possible. But before downloading any mod you must download the gothic starter kit fist. Mods only can get started when they are opened through the starter kit.
    To clarify the response: You can install different mods. One mod will not prevent any other mod or the original game from working and you can switch and and play a different mod or the original game at any time you like.
    If your question was, however, whether there is the possibilty to have the changes of two different mods simultaneously in one gamesession, then the answer is no. You can only experience the changes of one mod at any given time.
    Für Spieler:
    Tools für Modder:
    Scripte für Modder:

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35

GothManiac ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sektenspinner Beitrag anzeigen
    To clarify the response: You can install different mods. One mod will not prevent any other mod or the original game from working and you can switch and and play a different mod or the original game at any time you like.
    If your question was, however, whether there is the possibilty to have the changes of two different mods simultaneously in one gamesession, then the answer is no. You can only experience the changes of one mod at any given time.
    Yes thats what i mean, to play at the same time. What about mods that gives no additional quests but only items and improves the graphics?? Can we see the results of 1 or 2 such mods at the same time??

16. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #36

Yes thats what i mean, to play at the same time. What about mods that gives no additional quests but only items and improves the graphics?? Can we see the results of 1 or 2 such mods at the same time??
    To get into the technical details: Mods replace files of the original game. If there is a file that is replaced by two mods, then only one mod's file will be used, the other will be ignored.

Since the scripts are all compiled into one file, it is effectively impossible to play two mods that both make changes to the story or scripted objects (because the scripts contain all storyelements such as dialogues and items).
    Texture patches on the other hand are always compatible to other mods, because every texture is a different file. The only problems that may occur are minor grafical imperfections if the set of textures the mods replace are not disjoint or those textures are used in direct vicinity of each other.
    Für Spieler:
    Tools für Modder:
    Scripte für Modder:

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37

GothManiac ist offline
    To get into the technical details: Mods replace files of the original game. If there is a file that is replaced by two mods, then only one mod's file will be used, the other will be ignored.

Since the scripts are all compiled into one file, it is effectively impossible to play two mods that both make changes to the story or scripted objects (because the scripts contain all storyelements such as dialogues and items).
    Texture patches on the other hand are always compatible to other mods, because every texture is a different file. The only problems that may occur are minor grafical imperfections if the set of textures the mods replace are not disjoint or those textures are used in direct vicinity of each other.
    You mean i cant use for example the mod that improves paladins armor with the other mod that improves the environment...

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #38

You mean i cant use for example the mod that improves paladins armor with the other mod that improves the environment...
    It's not easy to make a general statement on what is compatible and what is not without going into technical details.

Your example doesn't sound like it's a problem, since enviromental mods will affect the world (and not the scripts) and the paladin armor mod will possibly but not nessessarily affect the scripts (and not the world).

As a rule of thumb: The two bottlenecks are the world (the composition of the objects, not the objects itself) and the scripts (dialogues, quests, balancing). Only one mod at a time can affect them.

What I said is only valid for Gothic 1 and 2, I'm not familiar with Gothic 3.
    Für Spieler:
    Tools für Modder:
    Scripte für Modder:

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39
    Rookie

iwasagothicfan ist offline
    2500 people is not particulary much but I wouldn't say it's a "poor" response.
    I am fairly sure if you put some effort into making your mod known to everyone, there would be much more interest. I mean you can't expect it to reach out that effectively if you start making it purely in German (to the english speaking crowd).

People should announce they are making an English modification, and then spread it to different game communities and websites to it spreads. For example the Gothic 3 community patch is extremely well known nowdays just because its not in German / russian only and it was sent to places like Gamershell and what not. Just an idea.
    But i guess if the people making german or russian mods or w/e doesnt care about ppl not speaking that language playing it, then it doesnt matter really.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40
    Local Hero Avatar von Sorinash

Sorinash ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von iwasagothicfan Beitrag anzeigen
    People should announce they are making an English modification, and then spread it to different game communities and websites to it spreads.
    You are very right,all those mods which have been anounced in our comunity and are interesting haven't been ignored and are now known by much people .

Seite 2 von 4 « Erste 1234 Letzte »